Beware Of The Dragon v2.0 - Offensive BW2 OU RMT (Need advices)

The new version of this team. This version comes with the same extreme offensive strategy, with the same Moxie Scarfed Salamence as the core, but with a pair of great and so important variants that give to this team versatility, coverage and power. Actually im searching maybe another options that can give this team a survivabilitya and more "check-in" alternatives.

v1.0 descrption...

Hey there. This is my 2nd RMT, so I hope you like it. Briefly, the idea is to sweep as much you can, kill those Metal-type pokes, make sure that your opponent has 3 pokes alive as much, send up the dragon, then you say GG and close the battle window.

Team at a glance...

In depth look...

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

The lead killer. This set allows the wash to kill almost all the regular leads in BW2 OU, and if you just cannot kill it, just run with Volt Switch, and that is because of his Choice Scarf. With CS, Rotom-W can outspeed ALL the leads. The great variant is HP Grass. Why? The answer is simple: Gastrodon. I'm thinking about going for attack moves instead of Trick, just for the coverage, and because I really don't use trick too much.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Intimidate is just an abuse in pokes like Landorus-T. Check the foe, force it to run, then put SR, it works fantastic! The movepool is like the CS one, but without Stone Edge. I don't miss Stone Edge, I don't really need it (I don't give a fuck about Volcarona, this team can handle it all day). I choose Leftovers instead Life Orb because this buddy needs to stay alive, and the HP that I loose from LO was so much, so Leftovers was the best option to put there.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Reflect

- Recover

My type-coverage wall and trapper set up sweeper. Yes. When send out this Latias, the obviously physical damage dealer check comes, then I just go for a Reflect after a free CM. Start to sweep after the set up.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Oh my god, I love CB Scizor. He doesn't need to set up, he doesn't give time to react, he doesn't give you a warning notice, he just punch you in the face. Gengar, Tyranitar, Celebi and all that (BAN ME PLEASE) that are waiting a SD get OHKO killed by this dude. Scizor is the revenge killer and basically the primmary offensive core before I show up Salamence.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Charge Beam

The magnet puller. This is my answer to all those annoying Metal-type pokemons. Charge Beam is the core of this set. After a Sub, you just bombard your foe with Charge Beam, setting up the SAtk, and when you have enough bonus to guarantee another kill (+4 or +5 SAtk bonus), you just kill that Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc. This buddy, after a SAtk bonus, kill at least 2 pokes, always.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

The star of the show. I don't show him up, unless there is nothing than can resist an Outrage. So, no Metal-type PKMNs, 2~3 alive pokes, the foe is at half of his HP (yeah, when the HP bar turns yellow), there's when Salamence show up. So, you have to ensure the Moxie bonus after an Outrage, and then just watch the show. Salamence +1 will hit like a truck, so, when you have the bonus actually you have the match in your pocket, unless you miss an alive Mamoswine or something like that.

Well, actually im searching for some advices, I know this is a pretty solid team, but I think I can give it a defensive option replacing Latias maybe. I'm waiting for your comments guys, see ya!

Importable...

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Trick

Latias (F) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Dragon Pulse

- Reflect

- Recover

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 4 SAtk / 84 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Stealth Rock

- U-turn

- Earthquake

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Technician

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

- Superpower

- Pursuit

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Moxie

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

- Outrage

- Dragon Claw

- Fire Blast

- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Leftovers

Trait: Magnet Pull

EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd

- Substitute

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Charge Beam

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Latias is a good pokemon on this team, but your set is too weak. With all the momentum you'll have from U-turn and Volt-Switch, you should be using a more threatening Latias set in order to keep your momentum:

Latias or Latias @ Life Orb
252 special attack, 252 speed
Roost
Dracometeor/Dragon Pulse
Psyshock
Surf/Hidden Power Fire

Hidden Power Fire is nice for steels, but it won't beat tyranitar ever.

Dracometeor will soften up steels for Salamence as well.

I would also change brick break on Salamence to Dragon Claw or Sleep Talk. Brick Breaks base power is so low that another move will almost always be just as useful.

I don't like magnezone, but if you have to use it, don''t use charge beam, Garchomp and Landorus-t will wall you to hell, and you cant touch opposing Lati@s. flash cannon is better almost always.

Latias is a good pokemon on this team, but your set is too weak. With all the momentum you'll have from U-turn and Volt-Switch, you should be using a more threatening Latias set in order to keep your momentum:

Roost
Dracometeor/Dragon Pulse
Psyshock
Surf/Hidden Power Fire

Hidden Power Fire is nice for steels, but it won't beat tyranitar ever.

Dracometeor will soften up steels for Salamence as well.

I would also change brick break on Salamence to Dragon Claw or Sleep Talk. Brick Breaks base power is so low that another move will almost always be just as useful.

I don't like magnezone, but if you have to use it, don''t use charge beam, Garchomp and Landorus-t will wall you to hell, and you cant touch opposing Lati@s. flash cannon is better almost always.
I didnt noticed but Salamence wasnt updated, I've already replaced Dragon Claw over Brick Break lol

I really like your Latias, I'm testing it actually. The idea on Magnezone... not too much, but I will test it anyway. Thanks buddy (:

I would actually replace Dragon Claw to Draco Meteor on Salamence. You can Draco their physical wall, and the Spa drop doesn't hurt, since he's otherwise physical. You also don't need to be not locked in, since you said you don't bring him in until their steels are dead. Dragon Dance works as well.

Thats a pretty solid team but that magnezone....... i dont really like it all that much. Yes, a +2 or +3 thunderbolt does massive damage to evrything, its a bit too slow to pull off a sweep. While it is by no means frail (70/115/90 defenses are decent), it is quad weak to the omnipresent EQ. But if u really want an electric-type powerhouse, i strongly recommend u switch to specs. jolteon:
Jolteon Choice Specs
Trait- volt absorb
EVs- 252 Spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 HP
Modest nature(+SpA-Att) or Timid Nature (+Spe-Att)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [ice]

Also, my moveset on Banded scizor is-
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
-Aerial Ace [technician boost]
- Bug bite [for pesky berry users]

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thats a pretty solid team but that magnezone....... i dont really like it all that much. Yes, a +2 or +3 thunderbolt does massive damage to evrything, its a bit too slow to pull off a sweep. While it is by no means frail (70/115/90 defenses are decent), it is quad weak to the omnipresent EQ. But if u really want an electric-type powerhouse, i strongly recommend u switch to specs. jolteon:
Jolteon Choice Specs
Trait- volt absorb
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [ice]

- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
Aerial Ace. Quick attack is almost always better.

Jolteon Choice Specs
Trait- volt absorb
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [ice]

- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
I think the point of his magnezone is to trap and kill steels, not to sweep.

You've got a nice DragMag team here, just a few suggestions:
-Switch Latias to LO Latios. It is excellent at gaining momentum, while Latias just loses it, which can kill hyper offensive teams like yours.
Latios @ Life Orb
Modest | Levitate
EVs: 252 spa / 5 spd / 252 spe
IVs: 0 atk
-Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Psyshock

All special attackers should run 0 atk IVs, to minimize damage from confusion.

I'm considering changes on Scizor, I'll get back to you on that. I'll be back with a better review in a few hours.

Magnezone and Salamance are the core, I can't reaplce them. LO Latias is working surprisingly great, because I needed a special wall that can sweep at the same time, I've got already a physical "wall" (Landorus because of Intimidate can check physical damage dealers without complications), so Latias can sweep better, but I really need that special attack coverage. I was thinking about going Leftovers (or LO maybe) over CS on Rotom-W, because I've already a lot of Choice items.

BUMP.

Roost
Dracometeor/Dragon Pulse
Psyshock
Surf/Hidden Power Fire

This latas set is working better than expected. Ty Myzozoa!

Rotom-0 atk IVs.
Latias-Myzozoa's set or Latios, 0 atk ivs.
Landorus-hp ice --> stone edge, 4 evs from spa-->def, jolly/adamant nature
Scizor-fine, but what benchmarks do those EVs hit?
Magnezone-I'd use balloon, but its really a matter of personal preference. 0 atk IVs
Salamence-4 hp evs-->spa, naughty nature
Just some minor changes as its a good team already.

I agree with latias, although I would give it 72 hp evs too avoid the 2hko from scarf keldeos hydro pump in the rain, who otherwise runs through your team. Also, I would make landorus t much much bulkier, using the standard smogon set with 88 speed, 252 hp, and the rest in defense, with a jolly nature. This lets it take hits soo much better, like avoiding the 2hko from banded terrakions stone edge. Otherwise, banded terrakion wrecks this team just by clicking stone edge. Rotom w doesn't need hp grass really, as trick cripples gastrodon just as we'll not to mention that a whole moveslot for a mon that is like53rd in usage. Instead, use hp ice for dragons, or thunderbolt to dear with jellicent and gyardos better. Finally, keep subcharge Magnezone, it is cool and underrated. However, hp fire only hits ferrothorn, and ferrothorn is the definition of setup bait for Magnezone, as you can get up to plus 6 easily. Instead, use hp ice or flash cannon so that when you get up to plus 6, you can sweep stall teams and at least get one more guaranteed kill after killing the steel. Creep charge beam no matter what, if not just use specs zone. Hope I helped!

So much changes that I'm testing right now:

· Life Orb Latios (Working great, still testing it but I think he will fit great)

Latios @ Life Orb
Modest | Levitate
-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Psyshock

· Sleep Talk Scizor. I really don't have an answer to Hypnosis or Spore, so I decided to go for Sleep Talk over Superpower (I really dont use Superpower at all)

· 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe on Landorus-T. Offensive Pivot standadrd Smogon set.

· HP Ice on Rotom. Gastrodon is no longer a hard thread because of Latios. OHKO by Draco Meteor, and Hydreigon some times turns so hard to handle with.

· 0 Attack IVs on Special Attackers.

So much changes that I'm testing right now:

· Life Orb Latios (Working great, still testing it but I think he will fit great)

Latios @ Life Orb
Modest | Levitate
-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Psyshock

· Sleep Talk Scizor. I really don't have an answer to Hypnosis or Spore, so I decided to go for Sleep Talk over Superpower (I really dont use Superpower at all)

· 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe on Landorus-T. Offensive Pivot standadrd Smogon set.

· HP Ice on Rotom. Gastrodon is no longer a hard thread because of Latios. OHKO by Draco Meteor, and Hydreigon some times turns so hard to handle with.

· 0 Attack IVs on Special Attackers.

Latios: You'll want HP Fire and Timid (also what's with 5 EVs?)

Scizor: The reason not many people give it Sleep Talk is he has 4MSS as is, and most Pokemon that use sleep outspeed him, which is bad. Making Latios Specs with Sleep Talk is a possibility.

Landorus-T: no. Those EVs aren't good "because they're on Smogon." You definitely want some defense and HP, but you need some Attack EVs, with the moves EQ Stone Edge U-Turn and SR, maybe 96 EVs, 200 HP, rest in Defenses to help with Terrakion.

Latios: You'll want HP Fire and Timid (also what's with 5 EVs?)

Scizor: The reason not many people give it Sleep Talk is he has 4MSS as is, and most Pokemon that use sleep outspeed him, which is bad. Making Latios Specs with Sleep Talk is a possibility.

Landorus-T: no. Those EVs aren't good "because they're on Smogon." You definitely want some defense and HP, but you need some Attack EVs, with the moves EQ Stone Edge U-Turn and SR, maybe 96 EVs, 200 HP, rest in Defenses to help with Terrakion.
Im using Sleep Talk Latios now, you were right, he is working great. Landorus EVs are ok for me.

My team seems no be so weak against Bulk Up Conkeldurr since Latios is down. Any suggestion?

Hello Mate,

Your team is a solid team but I do agree that there are some problems. The biggest one is that it really doesn't have a Huge surprise factors. Notice that most of the teams that top usually end up doing something unique.

What I would do is change your Scizor into a Flying Gem Acrobatic Build.

Flying Gem, Jolly Nature

Swords Dance
BPunch
Superpower
Acrobatics

It works like this, come in and revenge kill a pokemon with Bullet Punch. Most of the time people would assume you to be banded and switch in Heatran or Ferrothorn. This allows you to get a couple superpowers (or SD). It also OHKO Jellicent with Acrobatics after a SD.

If you aren't feeling the Latias, try Custap Berry Skarmory

@Custap Berry, Timid Nature

Stealth Rock
Spikes
Whirlwind
Taunt

This is the definition of a suicide lead. Whirlwind is for those who think they can set up. Taunt is for the slower Stealth rockers.

One last note, change the Nature on Landorus to Naive. This allows it to retain its amazing bulk. If you decide to go with the Skarmory Id advice changing Stealth Rock to Swords Dance for Wallbreaking, or Rock Polish for sweeping.​

Let me know if you need more help. Cheers.

Hello Mate,

Your team is a solid team but I do agree that there are some problems. The biggest one is that it really doesn't have a Huge surprise factors. Notice that most of the teams that top usually end up doing something unique.

What I would do is change your Scizor into a Flying Gem Acrobatic Build.

Flying Gem, Jolly Nature

Swords Dance
BPunch
Superpower
Acrobatics

It works like this, come in and revenge kill a pokemon with Bullet Punch. Most of the time people would assume you to be banded and switch in Heatran or Ferrothorn. This allows you to get a couple superpowers (or SD). It also OHKO Jellicent with Acrobatics after a SD.

If you aren't feeling the Latias, try Custap Berry Skarmory

@Custap Berry, Timid Nature

Stealth Rock
Spikes
Whirlwind
Taunt

This is the definition of a suicide lead. Whirlwind is for those who think they can set up. Taunt is for the slower Stealth rockers.

One last note, change the Nature on Landorus to Naive. This allows it to retain its amazing bulk. If you decide to go with the Skarmory Id advice changing Stealth Rock to Swords Dance for Wallbreaking, or Rock Polish for sweeping.​

Let me know if you need more help. Cheers.
I'm sorry dude but I don't like Skarmory, and I'm using LO Latios right now instead of Latias. Latios is awesome because of the momentum I have with almost all OU threads in check, and obviously Volt-turn. Skarmory kills my extremely offesnive strategy, and personally I don't like Skarmory at all.

SD Scizor is maybe a good idea, but his low speed is a factor that makes me prefer CB set. Thank you anyway.

As I set, I'm just trying to find something to check Bulk Up Conkeldurr, and I think that my team is ready to scale on the ladder. I think I0ve built a very solid team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)