Best pokemon to prepare for the 7 star charizard?

Which is wild since they already have damage caps implemented in the game as-is; Titan Klawf has one so it can run away for round 2, and all of the wild tera pokemon will retain put a stopper on (direct) damage

you can't even blame time constraints on this one!
I mean it’s more likely just something about the damage not displaying correctly. Like if charizard has a max hp of 10000 it’s showing the damage you do as if the max were only 5000, and then after you’ve done more than 5000 damage it tries to correct the display.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I managed this last night within the first half an hour.

The HP bar is definitely glitchy/buggy af. I'm not sure if it's displaying some sort of damage gate, or healing or however it's working, but it's definitely not showing the player accurate information at least some of the time. When we won it had around 5 health bars - filling an undetermined amount each time. I assume this is just a health gate which doesn't animate properly (like a lot of stuff on raids).

I was running the standard Azumarill

Azumarill @ Shell Bell
Adamant
252hp/252 att (though I think max Special Def might be better after playing)
Belly Drum
Play Rough
Rain Dance
<Filler> I had Charm but special so irrelevant

We cleared with 3 of these and a support Umbreon spamming Snarl/Screens - worked pretty well. Rain Dance to get rid of sun, but it does make Hurricane that much worse so I might swap over to Snowscape instead. Still blocks the sun but doesn't fuck you over lol

A great battering ram for the Tera shield is assault vest flutter mane. Alternate between draining kiss and moonblast as needed. No setup and get to tera and spam. Lucky spa atk drops from moonblast make it a breeze. Charizard setting up sun even gives you an offense boost. Saw someone mention this somewhere else and tried it out solo and now 3-4 times online and haven't failed yet.

After 3 raids where people though that bringing stuff weak to fire was a good idea, I wanted to give a shoutout for the guy with the GIGACHAD Sylveon who went Calm mind -> Calm mind -> HYPERBEAM and basically oneshot the boss on its own
(Read: triggered shield from full)

Ive done 6 and won all by now. Im using a flutter mane trained at lvl 100, which tanks very well his attacks and hits hard with moonblast. People are being smart bringing fairys to raids, mainly sylveon, azu and grimms.

But ive just won one with a dedenne, another flutter and a weavile (ai support) xD

P.s. funny thing, ai mons when die dont reduce the timer.

Dang, I might need to get my Flutter Mane to 100 and use it to keep farming these lol! I won by using Dachsbun with two others using Azumarill and an AI Umbreon. I just kept Snarling Charizard to keep it from doing much damage to the Azu's and would cheer heal when necessary.

1669991343464.png

If you want the most effortless setup, I recommend THE WALL.
Item you can use whatever, I have a random Sitrus, you just don't die. Probably Light Clay or something.
Healer may even trigger occasionally and heal another party member burn from Inferno

That's not even EVd, just candied to 100 and doesnt have +spdef nature, barely takes 30% from crit focus blast or crit Overheat. Cast Light Screen, put an autoclicker on life dew and go afk or something.

Yeah, got my Flutter Mane to 100 and fully hyper trained it and yes this thing destroys Zard. The only thing to worry about is Confusion from Hurricane wasting time.

Would anyone want to raid this with me?

I’m not far enough into the game to load it up myself but I got Lvl 100 Daschbund with a optimal move set.

I would like to get a group going to take on this Charizard.

So this might be common knowledge by now but in case anyone was like me running meta Azumarill strats with 3 others and STILL getting trashed...

Just solo the raid instead. SV's online services are ridiculously bad. You miss turns, hp bars glitch, endless lag etc. You aren't losing because Charizard is hard, you're losing because online raids don't work right.

But solo? The game is way more responsive. I used a Fake Tears Flutter Mane with 3 physical attacking AI partners and still won. After the first Overheat the AI doesn't reset its stats again (I think) so Fake Tears / Screech seem really powerful.

Last edited:
I'm not the only one with the "right" guys online it seems ! I will try solo : Which pokemon is the best for solo ?

Last edited:
I'm not with the right guys online it seems ! I will try solo : Which pokemon is the best for solo ?
I would recommend AV modest Flutter Mane since with Draining Kiss you basically outheal anything the boss throws at you bar a crit fire blast under sun.

Otherwise, you can have this Azumarill setup

Beat the Charizard with this solo. IMO the only real threat with these battles is Charizard’s Hurricane. One Amnesia takes it from heavy damage to ultimately pretty negligible. Considering you’re only really using Play Rough in these fights, I recommend giving it a try.
Another option is have anything with supereffective coverage, recovery of some form (even leftie) and ability to reduce enemy spatk (Snarl, Spirit Break), as it doesn't look like the boss ever resets its debuffs after the first time, so if you get it to -6 spatk it just tickles outside of crits.

Can you do this raid if you don't have access to six star raids? I've been completing the pokedex instead of doing the postgame stuff so I still only have five star raids. I'll train up a Flutter Mane today regardless, but I'm curious

Can you do this raid if you don't have access to six star raids? I've been completing the pokedex instead of doing the postgame stuff so I still only have five star raids. I'll train up a Flutter Mane today regardless, but I'm curious
You can join one via code, but won't otherwise show up in your raids nor in the raid searches afaik.

And you really shouldn't miss out on it. I've been drowning in ability patches and exp candies, + it also comes with a lot of Calcium drops.
A shame that Dragon tera shards are kinda useless but heh, everything else isn't so.

You can join one via code, but won't otherwise show up in your raids nor in the raid searches afaik.

And you really shouldn't miss out on it. I've been drowning in ability patches and exp candies, + it also comes with a lot of Calcium drops.
A shame that Dragon tera shards are kinda useless but heh, everything else isn't so.
Yeah I'm definitely going to rush for it, I just wasn't sure how much I needed to. I would already be ready, but I had the dumb idea to use my apricorn balls to catch the legendaries, which really slowed down completing the dex. Wo-Chien refuses to stay in my single friend ball :(

I solo'd Charizard with this Flutter Mane set:

Flutter Mane @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Moonblast
- Fake Tears
- Calm Mind

You set up a Calm Mind or two, and then attack with either Draining Kiss or Moon Blast. I recommend attacking with Draining Kiss first to restore your HP, then use Moonblast during the rest of the battle, only using Draining Kiss when you're low on HP.
At one point Charizard will use Sunny Day, activating Protosynthesis and boosting Mane's SpA to end the fight quicker.
Covert Cloak protects you from Burn and Confusion, which are annoying and drag out the battle.

I got my Charizard first try.
unknown.png

My AV Mudsdale set from this post just cheesed through 7* Charizard on the first attempt with zero faints.

It feels blasphemous to be talking about accuracy modifiers on a Smogon forum, but the majority of Charizard's moves become non-issues after two or three Mud-Slaps. Inferno will never connect, and Hurricane (the biggest threat to the brave Azumarill who made the win possible) is more likely to whiff than not. I might actually enjoy farming this thing. It already feels like less of a crapshoot than a lot of the 6* raids.

Also, it won me an Ability Patch. I'll add the screenshot to this post in a short while. Sooner than I'd have thought, Moxie Quaquaval is mine.

35248274-2C80-4D09-9871-1E49FDA794B1.jpeg

Update: Just did two more Charizard raids with this set. Zero casualties. Feeling pretty good right now.

Last edited:
So this might be common knowledge by now but in case anyone was like me running meta Azumarill strats with 3 others and STILL getting trashed...

Just solo the raid instead. SV's online services are ridiculously bad. You miss turns, hp bars glitch, endless lag etc. You aren't losing because Charizard is hard, you're losing because online raids don't work right.

But solo? The game is way more responsive. I used a Fake Tears Flutter Mane with 3 physical attacking AI partners and still won. After the first Overheat the AI doesn't reset its stats again (I think) so Fake Tears / Screech seem really powerful.
I mean the main things that make solo raids easier is that you don’t have to somehow coordinate without any communication and there’s no penalty for when the NPCs die (shout out to my homie with the intimidate staraptor spamming brave bird to die as fast as possible for intimidate drops). As long as you have a good counter to the boss every raid is easier to solo regardless of any internet issues.

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I was gonna make a post in the other thread about this mon, maybe still will, but this works too.

:annihilape:
Annihilape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rage Fist

I beat Charizard first try with NPCs with this mon. Rage Fist is broken in this format since you essentially get +50 base power most turns and go as high as 350, with the damage boost even staying if you're KOed. There's some other notable stuff about Annihilape but they're all irrelevant in this case.

So yeah I just CB locked into Rage Fist and that was my stategy. The NPC mons probably helped, tho I wasn't paying attention. It is notable that I got decent luck with Hurricane misses, which had a chance to OHKO Annihilape. But I also got crit by Fire Blast the turn I Teralyzed (or whatever it's called). so I think it evens out. Also got KOed multiple times but like I said the damage boosts stayed so oh well. Like other people mention, I might try to farm Zard, so I'll see how that goes.
2022120218061800-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

2022120218112300-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

2022120218112700-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg
The lesson of this story is use Rage Fist Annihilape. Because who wouldn't want a STAB Tera, CB, 350 BP move from a mon with 361 Atk? This post is sponsered by Amazon Primeape

I would recommend AV modest Flutter Mane since with Draining Kiss you basically outheal anything the boss throws at you bar a crit fire blast under sun.
For the first game, it lands a critical Fire Blast under sun :D
But then I beat him, 4 times ! Thanks Worldie :)

I'm running a support Blissey Build thats started to work every time I get competent teammates

Blissey Lvl 100 @ N/A but you could use anything tbh
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Dragon (I don't terra obviously)
EVs: Not EV'd fully but working towards 252 HP, 252 SpDef 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Life Dew
- Helping Hand
- Snowscape
- Seismic Toss/Dazzling Gleam

Snowscape kills the sun without helping hurricane procs on your teammates. Spam Life Dew, esp early on, to keep teammate Azumarills alive, then when they need it, Helping Hand them. Dazzling Gleam if you're the only one on the field and Char is real low on HP.

Works like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)