SM RU Bel Air

roman

Banned deucer.

:slowbro::flygon::registeel::florges::salazzle::passimian:

Hello everyone, with the generation coming to an end I've decided to go ahead and RMT my best variant of RegiBro. I really wanted to whip it out these last few weeks of snake, but unfortunately official tournaments are more geared towards fishing good match ups and I only made this team after I had demonstrated a clear liking of RegiBro. At that point I was more focused on handling common counter teams to RegiBro, notably Pokemon such as Ninetales and Snorlax, so this team never ended up getting used. Anyway this team fits my play style perfectly and is my favorite team at the moment, so let's get into it!​

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

The reason I rarely find myself straying away from Slowbro on balance teams is because of the absurd amount of Pokemon it beats. It handles a good portion of Fighting-types, Metagross, Donphan, Necrozma, etc. very nicely and can be played aggressively thanks to Regenerator. Usually I run Toxic but this team really needs something to help with the Calm Mind Sigilyph match up and running Calm Mind on our Slowbro gives us a nice win condition as well. The rest is standard, dual STAB is mandatory (Psyshock is especially nice for Virizion if you can position yourself to check it) and Slack Off is Slack Off. You can make some changes to the EV spread such as creeping Steelix and opposing Slowbro but 252 / 252 works fine.

Flygon @ Earth Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Regular Flygon here provides great role compression here, he's not a bad Defog user at all, being able to 1v1 a good number of Stealth Rock setters and act as the Nidoqueen switch-in on this team. You can also bluff Choice Scarf pretty easily due to Choice Scarf being basically 95% of Flygons. Earth Plate allows you to successfully bluff Choice Scarf and hit some important calcs. For example, Earth Plate OHKOes Barbaracle and removes Roserade after a round of Stealth rock. The EVs are simple but necessary to achieve the aforementioned kills and tie with opposing base 100 Speed Pokemon.​

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

The SM RU mascot and goat Registeel oml. He walls everything to hell and back and even in matchups where you think he would be a liability (for example versus Milotic or Toxicroak) he's still able to do work. Everything is standard, Salazzle is a big threat to this team so you can drop Protect for Earthquake if you so desire. There is not really much more to say about Registeel so bop.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Wish

Obligatory Mega Blastoise counter and secondary Fighting check that's especially nice for slower Fighting-type such as Bewear who don't really care much about Slowbro. Can be a bit of a liability against set up Pokemon such as Salazzle, Spikes Roserade, Barbaracle etc. so try to keep Florges off the field unless needed. Wish is not all that important on this team as most of the Pokemon you would pass to on this team are immortal anyway so you could probably switch it up for some cool tech like Covet or Psychic, whatever is cool in that slot.​

Salazzle (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Protect

Originally this was a Ninetales because I preferred a breaker with more potential versus balance, but Virizion is broken so having more than my Choice Scarf Pokemon be able to revenge kill it is pretty important. It's an amazing breaker anyway especially with the support it has, for example Passimian bringing it in for free on a Florges switch in. I like Protect in last slot to give me an edge against aggressive players doubling their revenge killers out and ease prediction against U-turn speed control like Passimian and Flygon. You can run pretty much anything you want here though, Hidden Power, Toxic, Knock Off, and probably some other things I'm forgetting are all good.

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The main speed control bop. You can drop Knock Off for Gunk Shot to actually revenge kill Virizion but Knock Off is broken so yeah, everything else is simple I don't know what else to say about this.​

:snorlax: Snorlax - Sets up on like half the team and isn't bothered by Passimian after a couple boosts. The easiest way to handle it is by not giving it free turns with Florges or Slowbro- Registeel can Toxic it at least which is really useful for getting it to use Rest. If you can force it out with Passimian while it's sleeping it's no longer a big threat.

:ninetales: Ninetales - Nasty Plot sets up on the defensive core without much trouble and just claims. You do have ways to handle it though: prioritize setting Stealth Rock, inflicting it with Toxic poison, bluffing Choice Scarf Flygon to force it out etc. Other Fire-types such as Salazzle are kiiind of in the same boat but if Salazzle in particular is really bugging you then you can just drop Protect on Registeel for Earthquake so that it really only gets turns off Florges.

* Obviously there are more threats such as Roserade and Mismagius, but pretty much everything is playable. Ninetales and Snorlax are just two that are extremely annoying to face.
Unfortunately, I'm lacking in replays because this team was made at the end of the generation and I'm done playing tournaments for now, but I will post the few that I have with bad match ups, you can also look over some of my snake replays as well, I used clones of my RMT that play very similarly.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-998990204 Roman vs Esche | RUWC Semi-Finals (Snorlax)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-995660447 Roman vs Der Sweitzer | RUWC Round 1 (Substitute Haunter)
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Flygon @ Earth Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect

Florges-Blue @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Wish

Salazzle (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Protect

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Thanks to oh for keeping me playing this game, see you all next gen!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)