Tournament BDSPPL II - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by Kolohe
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​

>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Commencement<<

:spheal: Rolling Spheals (6) vs (0) Cancun's Suicunes :suicune:
BDSP OU: Tuthur vs The Strap
BDSP OU: Xilefi vs Clementine
BDSP OU (Suspect): nimzowitsch vs Javi
BDSP UU: a fruitshop owner vs dunoks
BDSP RU: outbackrabbit vs gorex
BDSP NU: jawabarat vs Banbadoro
BDSP PU: plznostep vs Fragments
BDSP LC: Hacker vs Surfy

Rolling Spheals (0) vs (0) Cancun's Suicunes
BDSP OU: Tuthur vs The Strap
BDSP OU: Xilefi vs Clementine
BDSP OU (Suspect): nimzowitsch vs Javi
BDSP UU: a fruitshop owner vs dunoks
BDSP RU: outbackrabbit vs gorex
BDSP NU: jawabarat vs Banbadoro
BDSP PU: plznostep vs Fragments
BDSP LC: Hacker vs Surfy

The deadline for this round is Sunday, July 16th, at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

TyCarter

Tough Scene
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Semifinals predicts

Rolling Spheals (4) vs (4) Cancun's Suicunes
Pretty interesting semifinals MU here. The cune's have been kinda slipping up these last two weeks and looked uncharacteristically sloppy hopefully they pick it up here. The Spheals have been alright more or less where they have a high floor but lower ceiling.

BDSP OU: Tuthur vs The Strap - Tuthur lucked Strap pretty hard last time they played. If Tuthur doesn't get absurd luck this time and played as bad like he did last time, Tuthur is not winning this.

BDSP OU: Xilefi vs Clementine - xilefi has looked pretty good all tour and actually handled business last time out. I expect Xilefi to take care of things here.

BDSP OU (Suspect): nimzowitsch vs Javi - Javi has looked alright but Nimzowitsch/Kirino has been handling herself nicely after taking over for Boopi and she has good support here to help her out. I expect her to take this over Javi

BDSP UU: a fruitshop owner vs dunoks - the Spheals UU support has been kinda iffy although fruitshop bounced back after his week 3 game. dunoks has a huge advantage here.

BDSP RU: outbackrabbit vs gorex - I wanna bold Gorex here despite the 1-3 record. He's been getting beat in the prep department a lot but Wadley's builds have been a mixed bag with some good and some bad with a tendency to cheat some MUs in builder and lose to fire blast magmortar. This is gonna be one that's gonna come down to who preps better and Wadley will need to avoid shooting himself in the foot here.

BDSP NU: jawabarat vs Banbadoro - just don't lose to Bello in builder and Jawa will probably get by and beat the unviable allegations again

BDSP PU: plznostep vs Fragments - I think Fragments will take this one in the rematch although he did luck step a bit last time. Hard call to make here
BDSP LC: Hacker vs Surfy - won the previous encounter and also looked very solid when he does play.

Bonus:
As for tiebreak tiers, the Spheals have some choices to work off of, they can go for NU and trust Jawa to get it done, the suspect slot is also a pretty strong pick for them since I think they have the edge there. The Suicunes is more cut and dry as they should gun for UU as I think that's their strongest slot by far and I'm not sure who else on the Spheals can feasibly slot into UU that could take dunoks barring a mazarbot caliber matchup fish.

Tiebreak
Rolling Spheals () vs () Cancun's Suicunes

BDSP OU: Xilefi vs The Strap
BDSP UU: a fruitshop owner vs Dunoks
BDSP NU: Jawabarat vs Banbadoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)