Tournament BDSPPL - Commencement

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
(OP shamelessly stolen from OMPL)

(art by Kolohe)
Use this thread if you want to bring up drafts, power rankings, predictions, fun BDSPPL activities, or any other sort of civil discussion related to BDSPPL and our competitive players. Please keep it related to the tournament and players, and avoid personal attacks or unrelated one-liners. Your posts don't have to be entirely serious but don't take it too far. This thread will be moderated and posts derailing it will be deleted. Have fun!

Last edited:

Amberr

Banned deucer.
Yo my slime, I know you really don't know mandem like that, but I was like wondering if like, you could draft me in bdsppl fam. my drillar. I wanna know what your prices are saying cuz I'm tryna play some bdsp with my boydem and gyaldem g, like you feel me? So get back to me cuz I know like you're the top dog around here. I wanna play for you cy gum , nobody else. So peace out dawg, draft safe and get back to me on a quick ting brodem.

Lalaya

Banned deucer.
Yo my slime, I know you really don't know mandem like that, but I was like wondering if like, you could draft me in bdsppl fam. my drillar. I wanna know what your prices are saying cuz I'm tryna play some bdsp with my boydem and gyaldem g, like you feel me? So get back to me cuz I know like you're the top dog around here. I wanna play for you cy gum , nobody else. So peace out dawg, draft safe and get back to me on a quick ting brodem.
in

Tuthur

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
2nd mocks
1650473126830.png

omi40000
Quartosa30000
Wait2Seconds22000
mncmt22000
jonfilch21500
Mr.Bossaru20000
Lily20000
Fc19500
ez19000
Elfuseon17000
Mimikyu Stardust16500
Snak16000
zS15000
avarice15000
Toy Time King15000
Splash15000
Daruma15000
Amberr15000
MagearnaTheBoss14000
crying13000
Laroxyl13000
DerpyBoi12000
TyCarter11500
RaJ.Shoot11000
6Roggenrolas11000
ArcticBreeze11000
BT8910500
Baloor10500
askov10500
Hervalt10000
Beraldinho10000
Hurtadoo10000
HSOWA10000
Revenge Killer10000
AM9000
Ainzcrad9000
Aawin8000
glock in my toyota8000
Lokifan8000
Sputnik7500
EeveeWillEatYou7000
LoveStallLiveLife6500
Heika6500
PepeBowie6500
GotCookies6000
Pokeslice6000
eu6000
Darkrai Retribution5500
Savouras5500
Nultiprise5000
Ill Leave5000
tigers jaw5000
Seo.4500
melancholy04500
hot_dogs4000
Kate4000
Agentkeval4000
pannuracotta4000
Togkey4000
clean3500
Ninja3000
Danny3000
Holly3000
Ika Ika Musume3000
Seldanna3000
fx3000
bhkg3000
Bert C3000
PhantomSnorlax3000
Realistic Waters3000
roxiee3000
Kristyl3000

I drafted for Vespiquens for these mocks. Here is the lineup:
BDSP Ubers : FC
BDSP OU : Wait2Seconds
BDSP OU : Elfuseon
BDSP OU : Holly
BDSP UU : Avarice
BDSP RU : Danny
BDSP NU : zS
BDSP LC : Raj.Shoot
Sub : Nultiprise, Ninja, LoveStallLiveLife

spell

breathe again in the world anew
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Why

Tuthur

Real Draft
1650741638538.png

clean16500
avarice15500
gorex15500
ez14000
Fille13000
Kate13000
FailureGirl8000
glock in my toyota7500
swordstrike4500
AM3500
spoo3000
anique3000
inaccufade3000
Isza18500
mncmt16000
Ainzcrad15500
jonfilch15000
Lily11500
mushamu10500
poh5500
spatulakun5000
askov4500
Darkrai Retribution3000
DC3000
omi3000
doodler3000
Ka1xo3000
avyrie3000
Laroxyl22500
zS19500
Hurtadoo17500
Beraldinho13500
Micaiah6500
Toy Time King5500
Pais4500
roxiee3500
Inder3000
Hervalt3000
Brambane3000
AtraX Madara3000
Fc21000
6Roggenrolas20000
Mimikyu Stardust20000
Eonito13500
Sputnik10000
Mike Legend7000
Lyss7000
Kristyl6500
tigers jaw5000
Seldanna4000
Daruma3000
jawabarat3000
Danny14500
Savouras14500
Mr.37814000
crying13500
Elfuseon12500
Realistic Waters11500
HSOWA8000
LBDC4000
Baloor3500
Aawin3000
outbackrabbit3000
Peachy073000
Wait2Seconds15500
PepeBowie15000
Revenge Killer14500
Quartosa9000
RaJ.Shoot6500
Ninja5000
TyCarter4500
Splash4000
ArcticBreeze4000
GeniusFromHoenn3000
eu3000
Pokeslice3000
Lokifan3000

Expect an announcement thread soon!

I thought you were nice the first time when you drafted me for the Spirits. But as time went on, you turned a different eye to me. As the tour went on, I realized that you hated weebs, and that is unacceptable. I have vowed that you are my mortal enemy since that tour on, and I have come here today to finally show the power of the weaboo. Prepare your downfall, cy .

Tuthur

BDSPPL Power Rankings

Every team send me a ranking of the players in each format. Based on those, I established different methods to rank teams and I averaged the results to get a final ranking! The following team presentations were written by gum and dex .

:ss/empoleon:1st - The Empoleon Show:ss/empoleon:
Drud - OU - 2nd
crying - OU - 3rd
Savouras - OU - 17th
Mr.378 - Ubers - 2nd
Elfuseon - UU - 5th
Danny - RU - 3rd
NU - Realistic Waters - 1st
LC - HSOWA - 3rd
Managed by Drud and The King Karp, the Empoleons have managed to conquer the first spot in these power rankings, and deservedly so. Drud, one of the two BDSP OU Seasonal finalists, and crying, are ranked in the top 3 of their pool, while the Iron Man of Ubers is predicted to perform very well in his respective pool as well. Most importantly though, nu main Realistic Waters should have an easy time grabbing wins in a pool who's either rather inexperienced or has zero experience with the tier, with the exception being zS. Danny's a somewhat experienced player with solid building, which should make him able to compete with the top 2 players in his pool. Lastly, their LC player, HSOWA, should put up a decent, if not good, performance in one of the pools with the most mainers.

Despite all this, they still have some weak spots; their last OU slot was ranked near the bottom due to their inexperience and the somewhat competitive nature of the pool. On the other hand, Elfuseon is still rather new and will have to face people with more BDSP UU experience or just more general experience.

These issues aren't huge ones, and with a supportive team environment, might not even be ones. Their other slots are also more than enough to balance out these flaws, so it'll be exciting to see how the Empoleons do this season.

:ss/vespiquen:2nd - Vitality Vespiquens:ss/vespiquen:
Beraldinho - OU - 3rd
Micaiah - OU - 12th
Pais - OU - 9th
Toy Time King - Ubers - 5th
Mihowk - UU - 2nd
Hurtadoo - RU- 3rd
zS - NU - 2nd
Laroxyl - LC - 1st
The Vespiquens, managed by Howkings and Mihowk, took the second place of these power rankings and one quick look at their roster explains that. Their OU is very decent; it's not exceptional but should be reliable nonetheless, especially with Beraldinho, one of the top players in the pool and the other BDSP OU Seasonal finalist, being on the starting core. The scariest aspect about the Vespiquen is their lower tier core, though; besides Ubers, everyone else was ranked in the top of the pool. Mihowk should do well in an UU pool filled to the brim with people that don't know the tier particularly well, while Hurtadoo is a known name within RU and should also put up a solid performance. Similarly, zS is a renowned lower tier tryhard and his experience as well as unique building gives him an edge in the NU pool. There's also SCL LC starter Laroxyl, who was ranked first in the LC pool and should have an easy time translating his success in SS LC to the BDSP metagame.

The Vespiquens still aren't perfect; as mentioned earlier, their OU core isn't particularly impressing outside of Beraldinho and might fall short, whereas their Ubers slot is unfortunately in one of the most competitive pool of the tour and is relatively inexperienced.

Obviously though, these aren't particularly huge roadblocks for the Vespiquens, and they should still have a very good season. Good luck to them!!

:ss/spheal:3rd - Rolling Spheals:ss/spheal:
ez - OU - 1st
FailureGirl - OU - 16th
clean - OU - 15th
Kate - Ubers - 3rd
avarice - UU - 2nd
gorex - RU - 1st
glock in my toyota - NU - 4th
Fille - LC - 2nd
In third place, we have the Spheals, a team managed by the user that single-handedly made the word "larp" unbearable. ez is their standout player, and he tends to very easily farm players with less experience than him in these type of tours while simply being a great player all-around; unless things go horribly wrong, he should be a formidable asset to the Spheals. Their lower tiers players are all amongst the best in their pool, with the exception of their NU one. Starting off with avarice, who doesn't have a life outside of this game, he'll try his hardest to get a good record as this tour has a custom avatar prize, but obviously he's also a really solid player that could most likely slot anywhere if needed. Next up there's National Dex star player Kate in Ubers, who'll hopefully be just as well off in this new territory than she is in her home tier. RU mainer and complain button gorex was ranked at the top of his pool, and his experience as a player should give him an edge. Fille is an experienced LC mainer and is also expected to put up a great performance in a pool with less experienced players.

As their middle-of-prs ranking implies, they still have weak spots. Their main one is quite visibly their non-ez OU slots; ranked at 15th and 16th respectively, clean and FailureGirl are both very inexperienced players that'll have a lot to prove this season, whereas their NU slot, glock in my toyota, is somewhat underwhelming and might struggle when facing more established players.

They still have a lot of potential, as even some of their lower ranked players like FailureGirl and glock in my toyota are extremely active and involved in their respective tier, and so it'll be exciting to see how they do this tour. Beyond that though, they have a solid enough core of players that they should still do decently well.

:ss/jirachi:4th - Ratio Jirachi:ss/jirachi:
Lyss - OU - 11th
Mimikyu Stardust - OU - 6th
Mike Legend - OU - 8th
Fc - Ubers - 1st
6Roggenrolas - UU - 4th
Sputnik - RU - 6th
Kristyl - NU - 5th
Eonito - LC - 4th
The Ratio Jirachis take up the fourth slot in these power rankings, and their draft was quite the mixed bag. They spent big on Fc, who easily holds down the Ubers slot and is a proven player in a multitude of tiers. Outside of Fc, however, the roster is quite unproven. They spent big on 6Roggenrolas and Mimikyu Stardust, but they are not proven tournament players. It remains to be seen if this team that is mostly comprised of BDSP mains can compete on a bigger stage against more seasoned competition.

:ss/shaymin:5th - Slaymins:ss/shaymin:
Isza - OU - 5th
Ainzcrad - OU - 13th
Lily - OU - 7th
Darkrai Retribution - Ubers - 6th
jonfilch - UU - 5th
mushamu - RU - 2nd
mncmt - NU - 3rd
Askov - LC - 6th
The Slaymins have a roster full of big names, including Lily, jonflich, mushamu, mncmt, Askov, and Isza. While this seems nice at first glance, the team is quite top heavy, and their potential to win in the lower tiers is seriously hampered by this, shown in their rankings. If these big names make up for a more general lack of knowledge of the BDSP scene, the Slaymins will go far. If not, they may very well crash and burn.

:ss/lucario:6th - Kuroro Lucarios:ss/lucario:
Quartosa - OU - 18th
Revenge Killer - OU - 10th
Splash - OU - 14th
Wait2Seconds - Ubers - 4th
dunoks - UU - 1st
Ryuji-Sempai - RU - 5th
Ninja - NU - 6th
RaJ.Shoot - LC - 5th
The Kuroro Lucarios strength lies in their manager duo, and while they are last in this power ranking, they definitely have sleeper potential with RaJ.Shoot and TyCarter. Outside of UU, the Lucarios look fairly weak due to drafting lesser known tournament players and BDSP mains; their OU support looks particularly worrying. If their building performs at a higher-than-expected level, this team may exceed expectations, but for now, they inhabit the last rank in this PR.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)