Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Eve
Co-hosted with adem

BDSP OU Teambuilding Comp
450 sin título_20211230144657.png

art by Gaboswampert
Rules:
  • Entry submission: Post team in the thread itself with import and explanation in hide tags. Please, when you are submitting a team, try not to slash movesets / items in the importable. The finished product should be the build you are most confident in. It is fine to do minor set changes throughout the week, but if you want to give another option for one of your Pokemon, note it in the Explanation instead.
  • Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar move sets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified. If you are caught doing this there is a high possibility you will not be allowed to post in the building stage for an indefinite amount of time.
  • Discussion and team changes: One part of the process is to have discussions about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than move set changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you don't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you send it in.
  • Voting Phase: The voting system used is the Ranked Pairs format (the same as CAP uses). This format is arguably much fairer than the simple voting format and should help keep high stakes for the teams that win. So to vote you basically order your options like this: C>B>A>D, like this A>B=C>D, or like this D>C, assuming there are 4 team options (A, B, C, and D). If you choose not to vote for all teams, the last team(s) will be assumed to be last and valued equally if more than one got left out. If you have any questions about this system, by all means, contact me.
OP stolen from the SSOU Teambuilding Comp thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Cycle 1: Breloom
01778108-18B7-47DA-A530-7B606DF9A33A.png

For the first cycle you guys will be building around breloom. You have until next Wednesday to submit your teams! Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to message me.​

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:skarmory::clefable::scizor::breloom::alakazam::garchomp:
Just some pretty simple stuff. Skarmory protects you from the likes of Mamoswine and Weavile while Clef is just to prevent some random dragon spam. Scizor u turns out of Latios and most other special threats so that Zam or Garchomp can revenge kill them. Breloom is for general annoyance and those two moves are a massive pain in the ass to deal with, unless you run into Gengar anyway. I just gave Garchomp scarf because Alakazam isn't the most reliable cleaner and scarf Chomp is just that good

Sputnik

is a Contributor Alumnus
:ss/breloom::ss/latias::ss/heatran::ss/gengar::ss/scizor::ss/donphan:

Double Status Breloom and HexGar Bulky Offense
Click the mons for the paste

Double Status Breloom is a really funny (or annoying depending on your point of view) set and is great at effectively spreading both Sleep and Poison. It abuses teams relying on defensive answers such as Tangrowth extremely hard and dishes out some good damage with Focus Punch. Additionally, with bulk investment, you can do some things you wouldn't expect; you eat generally weaker coverage moves from most things and you actually get to use Breloom's good resists to take a few moves. (It even switches into Crawdaunt in an emergency. This supports SpecsHex Gengars sweeping potential; HexGar abuses things like Gliscor that can take on the Breloom and takes huge advantage of both Breloom and Heatran's status spreading. Offensive Heatran with Payback is cool in order to pressure things like that Latis if you need to, which is nice since this isn't a ParaSpam team and we don't want Gar to have to speed tie with them. Scarf Latias offers a revenge killer for other things faster than Gengar while also giving it Healing Wish support in case it needs to go again. Spdef Sciz is self explanatory, Donphan acts as the ground and hazard removal while also having more priority, which is utility I wanted considering how offense can occasionally overwhelm this Breloom and Latias.

Last edited:
:tangrowth:TANG LURE :ss/breloom: :ss/forretress: :ss/clefable: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/gliscor::ss/manaphy: CLEF LURE :clefable:
:ss/breloom: SPECIAL BRELOOM :ss/breloom:
Click on things for the team and sets
For too long :breloom: has been thwarted by these mighty physical walls but thwarted it shall be no longer!
Dawning the classic strategy of aiming for you checks weaker defenses this :breloom: brandishes Sludge Bomb with 228 sp attack allowing it to 2HKO the physically defensive :tangrowth:s being used to check most other variants of the mighty shroom. While you could run this set as a mixed focus punch variant or throw on worry seed to get the jump on :gliscor:s try to sit on you forever this team leans in to the longevity provided by Poison Heal and dispose of all the non-:Roserade: grass types to whittle teams down through chip damage with Leech Seed and Substitute. The rest of the team is built to help increase the passive damage chipping away the opposing team while staying healthy yourself. :forretress: provides both spin to remove hazards while keeping your own but spikes to help add onto the passive damage and enough investment to live :magnezone:s specs Thunderbolt after rocks and always OHKO back with EQ after rocks. :clefable:s spread allows it always switch into choice band :weavile:s Icicle Crash and take a single choice band Bullet Punch from :scizor: while having enough speed to creep those :scizor: and enough special attack to OHKO max HP max attack variants. On top of that running Wish allows it to stay healthy in sand and provide reliable healing to its teammates who may need to check opposing threats repeatedly :tyranitar: brings the sand and the rocks while being the teams stop gap against :latios: :gengar: and :heatran: packing the coverage to KO the mons its here to check and a nasty fire fang for those scizors trying to use it as a chance to Defog the hazards being stacked on the opposing team. :gliscor: is here to remove leftovers and increase the pressure of the hazards and sand with Taunt to stop defoggers, set up sweepers, and defensive pokemon try to use this :gliscor:s relative passivity to as a chance to get their support moves off. Last but not least :manaphy: is here to clean up in the late game using the :gliscor: and Magic Guard :clefable: that would normally stump a passive strategy like this one to set up and potentially sweep the weakened team with enough speed to beat out power boosted base 100s and enough sp attack to OHKO even sp def :rotom-wash: at +3. (Oh and before I forget the :breloom: lures :clefable: by using fake tears either on the switch or with hazards up to 2HKO with Sludge Bomb though the current version of the team doesn't have it you can just drop spore and call it a day)

High ladder replays of the team working:
Tang Lured: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1483246670-grkah887na1dnju8svvew1jd7749gempw
Team Whittled: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1483241460-oximnpkh5dixk1gy0largnk7x3otzogpw
Trying Fake Tears: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1483234839-9b6nkdzns6dmh9mxtg6wc6zhuqwxenmpw

Sputnik

is a Contributor Alumnus
Voting Time!

Team A
:skarmory::clefable::scizor::breloom::alakazam::garchomp:
Just some pretty simple stuff. Skarmory protects you from the likes of Mamoswine and Weavile while Clef is just to prevent some random dragon spam. Scizor u turns out of Latios and most other special threats so that Zam or Garchomp can revenge kill them. Breloom is for general annoyance and those two moves are a massive pain in the ass to deal with, unless you run into Gengar anyway. I just gave Garchomp scarf because Alakazam isn't the most reliable cleaner and scarf Chomp is just that good
Team B
:ss/breloom::ss/latias::ss/heatran::ss/gengar::ss/scizor::ss/donphan:

Double Status Breloom and HexGar Bulky Offense
Click the mons for the paste

Double Status Breloom is a really funny (or annoying depending on your point of view) set and is great at effectively spreading both Sleep and Poison. It abuses teams relying on defensive answers such as Tangrowth extremely hard and dishes out some good damage with Focus Punch. Additionally, with bulk investment, you can do some things you wouldn't expect; you eat generally weaker coverage moves from most things and you actually get to use Breloom's good resists to take a few moves. (It even switches into Crawdaunt in an emergency. This supports SpecsHex Gengars sweeping potential; HexGar abuses things like Gliscor that can take on the Breloom and takes huge advantage of both Breloom and Heatran's status spreading. Offensive Heatran with Payback is cool in order to pressure things like that Latis if you need to, which is nice since this isn't a ParaSpam team and we don't want Gar to have to speed tie with them. Scarf Latias offers a revenge killer for other things faster than Gengar while also giving it Healing Wish support in case it needs to go again. Spdef Sciz is self explanatory, Donphan acts as the ground and hazard removal while also having more priority, which is utility I wanted considering how offense can occasionally overwhelm this Breloom and Latias.
Team C
:tangrowth:TANG LURE :ss/breloom: :ss/forretress: :ss/clefable: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/gliscor::ss/manaphy: CLEF LURE :clefable:
:ss/breloom: SPECIAL BRELOOM :ss/breloom:
Click on things for the team and sets
For too long :breloom: has been thwarted by these mighty physical walls but thwarted it shall be no longer!
Dawning the classic strategy of aiming for you checks weaker defenses this :breloom: brandishes Sludge Bomb with 228 sp attack allowing it to 2HKO the physically defensive :tangrowth:s being used to check most other variants of the mighty shroom. While you could run this set as a mixed focus punch variant or throw on worry seed to get the jump on :gliscor:s try to sit on you forever this team leans in to the longevity provided by Poison Heal and dispose of all the non-:Roserade: grass types to whittle teams down through chip damage with Leech Seed and Substitute. The rest of the team is built to help increase the passive damage chipping away the opposing team while staying healthy yourself. :forretress: provides both spin to remove hazards while keeping your own but spikes to help add onto the passive damage and enough investment to live :magnezone:s specs Thunderbolt after rocks and always OHKO back with EQ after rocks. :clefable:s spread allows it always switch into choice band :weavile:s Icicle Crash and take a single choice band Bullet Punch from :scizor: while having enough speed to creep those :scizor: and enough special attack to OHKO max HP max attack variants. On top of that running Wish allows it to stay healthy in sand and provide reliable healing to its teammates who may need to check opposing threats repeatedly :tyranitar: brings the sand and the rocks while being the teams stop gap against :latios: :gengar: and :heatran: packing the coverage to KO the mons its here to check and a nasty fire fang for those scizors trying to use it as a chance to Defog the hazards being stacked on the opposing team. :gliscor: is here to remove leftovers and increase the pressure of the hazards and sand with Taunt to stop defoggers, set up sweepers, and defensive pokemon try to use this :gliscor:s relative passivity to as a chance to get their support moves off. Last but not least :manaphy: is here to clean up in the late game using the :gliscor: and Magic Guard :clefable: that would normally stump a passive strategy like this one to set up and potentially sweep the weakened team with enough speed to beat out power boosted base 100s and enough sp attack to OHKO even sp def :rotom-wash: at +3. (Oh and before I forget the :breloom: lures :clefable: by using fake tears either on the switch or with hazards up to 2HKO with Sludge Bomb though the current version of the team doesn't have it you can just drop spore and call it a day)

High ladder replays of the team working:
Tang Lured: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1483246670-grkah887na1dnju8svvew1jd7749gempw
Team Whittled: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1483241460-oximnpkh5dixk1gy0largnk7x3otzogpw
Trying Fake Tears: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1483234839-9b6nkdzns6dmh9mxtg6wc6zhuqwxenmpw
Remember that the vote works in a ranked pairs format! Voting will last until February 13th!

Sputnik

is a Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to Team B! The team will be added to the hall of fame.

Round Two
:ss/slowbro:

Gengar and Manaphy have both been nuked, which is good news for Slowbro. What can you do with this half of the twins?

You have until February 19th to submit a team. Happy building!

know I'm past deadline but hopefully someone else will ignore the rules with me so slowbro can actually get a hof team going

F U N B R O F O R E V E R

https://pokepast.es/88c272ee9c2ae985

Myself and a lot of other people have been using stall teams featuring a utility or CM Slowbro in a FWG core with Tangrowth and Heatran, and while Slowbro's great on them there's nothing remotely interesting about them at this point so I wanted to go in a much different direction direction. This team uses Slowbro as silly little trapper, particularly effective at removing walls like Blissey or Clefable when the forego setup options simply by stalling their PP to struggle with Leppa Berry Recycle antics. There's also some application against more offensive teams- Latios is one common switch in for Slowbro, so Slowbro can Block it on that switch and if it opts for Draco Meteor Slowbro's spread allows it to eat the hits and spam Slack Off to remove it, or similarly live a Thunderbolt and then use Latios' (likely) revealed choice lock to bring in Nidoking and get a free sub to spread some prediction-free destruction. The matchup this team has against opposing stall is excellent since Blissey is one of the easiest things to grab with this set, which is nice since Nidoking is fairly devastating when it's gone. The matchup against offense isn't too good specifically but at least you have your generic stall core to work with, Infernape with Slack Off serves to take Heatran's place as a Scizor answer with longevity but also gives you another good breaking option versus offense with its mixed set, which can help to remove the fast Gliscor variants that could potentially take out Nidoking. I changed Leftovers to Shed Shell on Skarm after noticing how bothersome Magnezone could be. The team can be overrun with enough offensive might but really thrives in more balanced and defensive situations.

one example if you don't value your time: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspou-1516919518

yonitet

Banned deucer.
1663541675626.png

Heya~

As you can tell, this forum has been dead for a while now, but i was given permission to take over and see what we can do with it. It's a very fun idea and I'm really hoping we can get something going with it.

As for the project itself, let's start from a new slate. As a refresher; the goal of this project is to create a team, ladder with it, and submit replays, a pokepaste and a description. Based on these, you will be ranked by others. Ranking is done by ordering from your favorite to least favorite.
Ex: A>C>B , A>B=C.

Unlike how the project worked before, submitters will now be allowed to vote; but not for themselves.

yonitet

Banned deucer.
Cycle 3*

Raikou
As of recent trens in the ladder, Raikou has become quite popular thanks to it's blinding speed, coverage and versitility.
You have until September 25 to make a team and submit it. Good luck <3

igiveuponaname

A face in a cloud no trace in the crowd.
is a Community Contributor
I know I still have like a few more days before the deadline but I'm pretty comfortable with this team as it is now.

Double Fighting Raikou Offense
:ss/raikou: :ss/infernape: :ss/nidoking: :ss/latias: :ss/breloom: :ss/mew:

When I saw that Raikou would be the mon to build around, I immediately decided I wanted to use specs Raikou in order get the most use out of its coverage and power. The double fighting core of Band Infernape and SD Breloom were added on afterwards since they threatened many of Raikou's checks and counters such as Blissey, bulky grass types like Roserade and Shaymin, as well as Water Absorb Water/Ground types such as Quagsire and Gastrodon. Infernape also has the benefit of being able to form a voltturn chain with Raikou once any ground types are removed, which shouldn't be too hard given the team's composition and movesets. Nidoking is a great special wallbreaker that appreciates the pivoting support from Raikou and Infernape. It threatens a lot of opposing mons without the restriction of being choice locked, and Substitute can help ease prediction and can also greatly help versus offensive teams which would otherwise easily threaten it out. Scarf Latias provides good speed control, hazard control, and useful Healing Wish support whenever one of the team members gets low on HP. Lastly, Mew is the Stealth Rocks setter and threatens out the two most prominent defoggers in the tier. Colbur was chosen because it could be used to bait in Weavile early game and take it out with Aura Sphere.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)