Metagame BDSP NU (Mesprit Ban @ Post #111)

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
BDSP NU is the fourth usage-based tier for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. This thread will be the hub for all resources and discussions, including Viability Rankings, suspect tests, quickbans and general conversation about the format as it develops.

Council:
jawabarat
Trogba Trogba

RULES
Mechanics:
Battle mechanics are identical to those in Pokemon Sword and Shield, with the exception of Dynamax being removed. Any items introduced after Generation 4 with in-battle effects, excluding Pixie Plate and Roseli Berry, are unavailable.
Clauses: Smogon-wide Clauses apply.
Available Pokemon: Pokemon #001-493 are available, with the exceptions of Celebi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus. This does not include Alolan/Galarian formes or Mega Evolutions.
Bans:
  • All OU bans apply.
  • OU: Alakazam, Azelf, Azumarill, Blissey, Breloom, Clefable, Crawdaunt, Donphan, Dragonite, Feraligatr, Garchomp, Gengar, Gliscor, Heatran, Infernape, Jirachi, Latios, Latias, Lucario, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Manaphy, Nidoking, Rotom-W, Scizor, Skarmory, Staraptor, Starmie, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Tyranitar, Weavile
  • UUBL: Salamence
  • UU: Ambipom, Arcanine, Blastoise, Bronzong, Cloyster, Cresselia, Crobat, Drapion, Empoleon, Entei, Espeon, Flygon, Froslass, Forretress, Gardevoir, Gyarados, Heracross, Hippowdon, Honchkrow, Magneton, Metagross, Mew, Milotic, Mismagius, Porygon-Z, Quagsire, Raikou, Roserade, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Mow, Sharpedo, Shaymin, Slowbro, Snorlax, Suicune, Swampert, Tentacruel, Torkoal, Umbreon, Uxie, Yanmega, Zapdos
  • RUBL: Drought, Kingdra, Venomoth
  • RU: Abomasnow, Absol, Aggron, Cacturne, Chansey, Claydol, Cradily, Ditto, Exploud, Gallade, Gastrodon, Hariyama, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Houndoom, Jolteon, Kabutops, Machamp, Magmortar, Mantine, Medicham, Mesprit, Moltres, Nidoqueen, Omastar, Primeape, Registeel, Rhyperior, Rotom, Sableye, Slowking, Spiritomb, Steelix, Swellow, Torterra, Vaporeon, Venusaur, Vileplume, Volbeat, Xatu
  • NUBL: Bibarel, Damp Rock, Heat Rock, Linoone, Sceptile, Tauros, Zangoose
Please don't make extremely short posts and/or simple questions! These will be deleted. Use the Discord or Simple Questions thread.

RESOURCES
Sample Teams

Viability Rankings

Last edited by a moderator:
meta just started and i think these are the mons that are already good

:sandslash: bulky ground, gets rapid spin.
:abomasnow: aurora veil
:sceptile: fast hard hitting grass, unburden lets it otuspeed swift swimmers
:glaceon: highest spa in the meta game, hits waters with freeze dry, good bulk
:scyther: hard hitting bug flying type, good speed.
:golem: good lead pokemon, can custap berry into explosion
:magmortar: good specs mon, overheat hits hard
:volbeat: manual weather setting goes brrrrrr
:ludicolo: good rain sweeper
:poliwrath: also good rain sweeper
:charizard: specs solarpower overheat in sun goes brrrrrrrrr
:dodrio: fast flying type, hits hard with brave bird
:hitmonchan: hard hitting fighting type, prio mach punch.
:raichu: fast electric, has nasty plot
:regirock: 200 physdef goes brrrrrr

u can show me mons that u think r also good or mons that i listed that aren't actually good

Last edited:
meta just started and i think these are the mons that are already good

:sandslash: bulky ground, gets rapid spin.
:abomasnow: aurora veil
:sceptile: fast hard hitting grass, unburden lets it otuspeed swift swimmers
:glaceon: highest spa in the meta game, hits waters with freeze dry, good bulk
:scyther: hard hitting bug flying type, good speed.
:golem: good lead pokemon, can custap berry into explosion
:magmortar: good specs mon, overheat hits hard
:volbeat: manual weather setting goes brrrrrr
:ludicolo: good rain sweeper
:poliwrath: also good rain sweeper
:charizard: specs solarpower overheat in sun goes brrrrrrrrr
:dodrio: fast flying type, hits hard with brave bird
:hitmonchan: hard hitting fighting type, prio mach punch.
:raichu: fast electric, has nasty plot

u can show me mons that u think r also good or mons that i listed that aren't actually good
i doubt dodrio will be good. It gets two good moves: brave bird and uturn. That's it.
I also want to bring to light the plethora of other normals that are better and quitepossible banworthy:
:zangoose: dont see this thing staying in the tier for long.
:tauros: This mon is superb in RU. no clue why it's down here.
:bibarel: The reason i think this mon is good is quite Simple.
:Ursaring: Village Crusher Crushes Villages. Probably outclassed by Zangoose but if it gets banned then Ursa will probably shine

Some others:
:arbok: coil go brr
:qwilfish: offensive spiker with good speed and attacking power, fantastic typing and intimidate
:gligar: i dont actually remember if this is RU or not but if it's down here it'll probably be the best defogger

i doubt dodrio will be good. It gets two good moves: brave bird and uturn. That's it.
it doesnt get u turn rip, it gets lunge though. it also gets agility, quick attack, steel wing, swords dance, thrash for normal stab. i honestly would like to see how dodrio does later on in the metagame!

Mod edit: Combined double-post
:tauros: This mon is superb in RU. no clue why it's down here.
Tauros already looks scary, it lost body slam but its got stab sheerforce boosted rock climb which hits things pretty hard and it's got coverage to hit everything in the tier! it's also got intimidate, i think thats also worth looking at.

Last edited:
it doesnt get u turn rip, it gets lunge though. it also gets agility, quick attack, steel wing, swords dance, thrash for normal stab. i honestly would like to see how dodrio does later on in the metagame!

Mod edit: Combined double-post

Tauros already looks scary, it lost body slam but its got stab sheerforce boosted rock climb which hits things pretty hard and it's got coverage to hit everything in the tier! it's also got intimidate, i think thats also worth looking at.
While intimitauros has a cool name I doubt it will be useful compared to sheer force. It just doesn't have the bulk or typing to make use of it, compared to something like Qwilfish that does.

Theres a mon that might be sorta interesting, correct me if I'm wrong.

:ss/dusknoir:

Dusknoir appears to be one of the few viable Ghost-types left. It has a decent offensive profile, as it possesses colorful coverage options like Earthquake and the elemental punches, with the former hitting annoying mons like Pelipper and Regirock. Shadow Sneak is also nice for picking off threats like Raichu, Haunter, and Jynx. Hitmonchan's spin is also denied by it. Noir looks to be a decent check to stuff like Mr. Mime, Hitmonchan, Toxicroak, Grumpig, Kadabra, Zangoose, Scyther, etc; with the more defensively oriented sets threatening a burn. However, it also seems to be an ineffective long term answer to these. Darks also might become more common as the tier develops, such as Sneasel, Shiftry, and Skuntank. These issues alongside its horrible HP offsetting its good defenses make me question whether it will be good, but it should be at least decent and/or interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some initial thoughts after playing a few games:

Normal types are insane in this tier. Between Tauros, Zangoose, Dodrio, Ursaring, Kangaskhan, etc, having a Normal resist like Regirock is paramount to not just get overwhelmed by these powerhouses and it doesn't help that resists can easily be overwhelmed. Speaking of Normal-types:

:linoone:

The easiest mon to pilot in this tier and probably the most annoying to face. BD + Extreme Speed is crazy to abuse with the combination of either Memento support from Skuntank or Jumpluff or dual screens support and it just goes in. Definitly at the top of the ban list imo.

:sceptile:

An exceptional Speed tier (sorry Dugtrio, you don't count) and plethora of moves and set, Sceptile is definetly another top mon so far. Specs and SD sets are incredile, even mixed is a plausible option to cover all your bases, but an immeadiate threat for sure with few if any counters at all.

:volbeat: :regirock: :shiftry: :victreebel: :charizard: :relicanth: :ludicolo: :raichu: :poliwrath:

Not all the threats are here, but weather in NU is a strong playstyle for piloting since its straightforward in mindset and easy to get into. Could also be a possibility to look at come the end of the month at the very least Damp and Heat Rock should be looked at imo.

Other than that, the tier is fairly new and bound to have plently of other threats to be discovered. So have fun and enjoy the tier. But seriously, screw Linoone.

The easiest mon to pilot in this tier and probably the most annoying to face. BD + Extreme Speed is crazy to abuse with the combination of either Memento support from Skuntank or Jumpluff or dual screens support and it just goes in. Definitly at the top of the ban list imo.
Linoone easily seems to be very overpowered. Espeed is such a good endgame sweeper surely.

Earthquake and the elemental punches, with the former hitting annoying mons like Pelipper and Regirock.
Nah not regirock, regirock is too tanky to be hit over 50% by earthquake.
252+ Atk Dusknoir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 88-104 (24.1 - 28.5%) -- 32.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Linoone easily seems to be very overpowered. Espeed is such a good endgame sweeper surely.

Nah not regirock, regirock is too tanky to be hit over 50% by earthquake.
252+ Atk Dusknoir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 88-104 (24.1 - 28.5%) -- 32.1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Yeah Linoone seems to be kinda nasty so far. And also, it does that little? :C, I guess a different example for smth that could hit would be Skuntank and Toxicroak.

I stated some of these in a previous post but here Pokemon I'm most interested in:

:Linoone: Seems banworthy, but Regirock exists and stomping tantrum isn't a move so we'll see I guess.

:Zangoose: good speed, 210 power Facade. Has CC for rock types and Night Slash for ghosts. Get this thing the heck outta here.

:Toxicroak: SD? SubPunch? Staple on rain teams? All three? Dunno, but I have a feeling this guy's gonna be good

:Qwilfish: Water/Poison with decent bulk relative to the tier and intimidate? Yes. It also has SD and spikes/tspikes so I feel like this could be a fairly good blend of offense and defense.

:Ursaring: Village Crusher!! Yeah!! Probs worse than zangoose but I can't see zangoose being in the tier anyways so if it goes Ursa might be one of the tiers best breakers, possibly banned as well

:Tauros: sheer force life orb goes brrr

:Mawile: i forgot if this thing is also in the tier but sheer force life orb also goes brr for this guy

:Bibarel: *blank stare.* It's quite Simple, really.

:arbok: 80 speed is pretty good down here iirc + it has intimidate and glade so it could be an offensive support like qwilfish, but also a wincon with coil and sucker punch

:Drifblim: Flare boost is cool but I'll have to see it in action to see if it's actually good. Although cm + strength sap seems great nonetheless

:Sneasel: honestly this might get banned as well I don't really know but speed + SD + inner focus blocking the many intimidaters + good typing = offensive threat

:Raichu: ok so nasty plot sweeper/possible pivot?

:Tangela: no eviolite but it might be the best physical wall we have LOL

:Floatzel: :poliwrath: :ludicolo: rain. Actually weather in general.

:Charizard: how do we stop zard in sun? How?

:Golem: :dugtrio: HO leads ! One has explosion, the other memento.

All of the pokemons y'all mentioned today are really good, but no one is talking about this, the only real counter I can see is Lanturn. Blizzard + Thunderbolt with Nasty Plot is imo a really great option. Ok, Blizzard is kinda more Blindzzard than anything, but this thing is a real potential threat. Here are the two sets I really like :

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

What do you think about this mon ? Does someone try it since today ? Would love to see your ideas about him !

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch
I like this set more then nasty plot honestly.

I think our other NU breakers outclass rotom as i think there a little bit more diverse. Trick is used to cripple common defensive pokemon like regirock,qwilfish,gligar(though gligar could probably use scarf to get knock off's off but i think ur just gonna blizzard a gligar to death), golem,ect.

Lets talk about the rodent in the room
Linoone @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Rock Smash
I think this set is kinda insane in nu right now. With how strong speed is, nobody can touch you. You have shadow claw to deal with ghost types like Dusknoir or Haunter. Rock smash can be used to deal with rocks and steels like Bastiodon. With screens/rocks support, you can sweep teams easily. The only real counter I can think of is Regirock with its insane 200 base def stat.

That's the one i'm playing too, but maybe with Veil Offense/Sticky, the LO set can be a surprising option...
The way i see it, LO can be a nice late game cleaner, I view it running leftovers over LO though, I think gligar and Rotom frost can make a good volturn core as pokemon that run ice coverage, gligar can u turn into rotom so rotom can handle them, and gligar can check any fighting or fire types (not charizard) for rotom.

Also, Gligar seems pretty cool on first glance. Bulky rocks, u-turn, defog, knock off, and recovery with a good typing? Yes please, please.
The way i see it, i think Golem and Regirock outclass Gligar as a rocker, but don't take my word on this as i'm not too sure yet. I think gligar is very good at defogging.

:Golem: :dugtrio: HO leads ! One has explosion, the other memento.
Oh! Speaking of HO leads, there's two Spikes Stackers in this tier with good viability: Qwilfish and Cacturne!
Cacturne  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse
Pretty neat HO lead. Has good matchups against ground leads which seem to be pretty common so far. Sucker Punch is always nice to have, and grass/dark stab is unresisted outside of skunktank who is a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with for cacturne.

Now, for the one I think is the best out of them.
Qwilfish  sprite from Black 2 & White 2 & Black & White

HO LEAD (Qwilfish) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Explosion
- Taunt

Bulky (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Poison Jab/Twave/Pain Split/Destiny Bond/Filler

Qwilfish leads off against a ton of leads very well. Taunts to deny rocks and waterfalls on their weaknesses. Very very solid lead for various teams. Not as strong as cacturne and can't really afford to run priority, but still a very solid lead. However, he isn't restricted to HO. Bulky Qwilfish is less of a lead but more of a consistent Spiker over the course of a game.

Spikes is really good because we lack good hazard control, good defogs are limited outside of Gligar and Spinners get blocked and used as a free switch for a ghost type such as Haunter or Dusknoir.

Last edited:

5Dots

Chairs
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Been playing with mons and thought about these mons:

:BW/Sceptile: This is a monstrous offensive threat between Specs and Life Orb, and it’s very easy to lose to it considering only the disappointing Ninjask, Electrode, and Dugtrio outspeeds it. Sceptile‘s ability to run mixed, physical, or special sets makes it nigh-impossible to counter and very easy to preserve until late-game or use as a wallbreaker.

:BW/Tauros: Also a tremendous offensive juggernaut between Sheer Force-boosted Rock Climb + coverage moves, a great speed tier (and most faster aren’t very good). The lack of resistances and lesser speed tier will make it less, but nevertheless still a premier wallbreaker.

:Heat Rock: :Volbeat: :Victreebel: :Shiftry: :Exeggutor: :Regirock: :Heat Rock:
While manual sun is a far cry from Drought (as the only Sun setter is the paper-thin Vulpix), I feel it still has some decent benefits. For one thing, the only weather to disrupt Sun, which already dislikes switching into Victreebel’s Sludge Bomb or Shiftry’s +2 Dark Pulse. Victreebel and Shiftry outspeed Abomasnow in the first place, making it even more deterring. There’s also Fire-types like Charizard that can abuse Sun to good effect as well.

:BW/Rhydon: I haven’t seen much discussion on this but it’s definitely better than Golem (except for the lead slot) thanks to running Leftover sets better and simply higher stats all-around. It’s a really good Tauros check and offers more offensive presence, though I still feel it, alongside fellow competitor Regirock, tends to get worn down very quickly, mandating Heal Bell support from Miltank. Choice Band sets also make it a nice wallbreaker.

:BW/Electivire: Probably usable but I‘m still disappointed how it’s so middling even here. Sure, it has a decent Speed tier, high Attack, and a variety of coverage choices, but base 95 is pretty crowded in a tier filled to the brim with fast wallbreakers and pivots, and with only Wild Charge as STAB it trades with the opposition in the majority of times i’ve played. Manectric, Rotom formes, and even Raichu gives Electivire serious competition for the offensive Electric-type slot!

:BW/Linoone: this is really annoying to deal with if you don’t have a steel-type like probopass but Belly Drum sweeping can be extremely deadly against prepared and unprepared teams alike. Definitely a Pokemon to watch out for.

Pokeslice

Thanks for the Dance
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
As a NU main, BDSP seems like a really cool metagame and I wanted to give it a try and I expect I'll be playing a bunch more in the coming weeks! It feels a lot like DPP NU on paper, so I'm looking forward to this, as that's probably my favorite old gen NU.

Anyways, there's one threat that no one has really talked about so far, and that's Mr Mime.

:ss/mr. mime:
If you take a look through the tier, you'll quickly notice the lack of Specs switch ins. Between the low amount of Steel-, Psychic-, and Dark-types, Specs Psychic almost seems to claim one every time it comes in, and even in games where those typings come into play, between STAB D Gleam, F Blast, Shadow Ball, and Trick, it has the potential to KO or cripple a large portion of the metagame and its counters. I think this Pokemon will easily be one of the best breakers in the tier as it develops. Oh, and it's also probably our best screen setter right now, too.

:ss/hypno:

Hypno is probably the best Mr. Mime answer in the tier, but its merits don't stop there. It's an extremely beefy special wall, and although it doesn't have Wish anymore, it can still stay healthy and check a large majority of the special attackers in the tier while throwing off a great STAB move in Psychic into the current tier. I wouldn't be surprised if other Psychic's see more use, such as NP Jynx, Eggy, or even Lunatone? Who knows?

:ss/Haunter:

This Pokemon is going to be crazy if it already isn't. Yes, it's a Normal-type meta, but in previous generations, all that really held Haunter back was Pursuit, but without it, this Pokemon's STAB combo/coverage, speed tier, and SpA will make it very difficult to deal with over time.

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse
Pretty neat HO lead. Has good matchups against ground leads which seem to be pretty common so far. Sucker Punch is always nice to have, and grass/dark stab is unresisted outside of skunktank who is a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with for cacturne.
All i wanna say is, run bullet seed plz to counter golem leads!!!!!

Anyways, there's one threat that no one has really talked about so far, and that's Mr Mime.

:ss/mr. mime:
If you take a look through the tier, you'll quickly notice the lack of Specs switch ins. Between the low amount of Steel-, Psychic-, and Dark-types, Specs Psychic almost seems to claim one every time it comes in, and even in games where those typings come into play, between STAB D Gleam, F Blast, Shadow Ball, and Trick, it has the potential to KO or cripple a large portion of the metagame and its counters. I think this Pokemon will easily be one of the best breakers in the tier as it develops. Oh, and it's also probably our best screen setter right now, too.
I think poeple need to talk about this more, In NU it seems as if we do indeed lack psychic type switch ins.

First impressions on the tier! :falinks: :falinks:
1. Tree

From the games I've played this guy for me is the most menacing mon in the tier. With the lack of grass resists and urgency for rock/ground types to take on the normal squad. Sceptile goes in like crazy, it has a phenomenal speed tier with strong attacks coming from specs and its movepool makes it viable to run physical variants to take on checks like Zard or Toxicroak. Which don't appreciate coming on specs Dpulse anyway. Sceptile just comes in and clicks moves freely forcing you to revenge kill with scarfer or priority. Super strong

2. Feeling kinda Normal

As you can see. Normal answer is mandatory to play and you should consider this mons when building. The most stupid are the first 3. Linoone is extremely threatening with BD + Espeed. Tauros has insane inmediate damage output. Zangoose clicks facade and its fast, Has CC coverage, Ursaring is same but slower and bulkier. Bibarel has a good niche cuz its secondary STAB allows it to bypass rock and ground types. And I wanted to mention Dodrio as it has a good speed tier and power to be a strong choiced attacker.
Edit: Added Kangaskhan as I forgot to mention it, great priority user and revenge killer. Kangaspikes is obviously as always a staple in lower tiers. Solid but not stupid.

3. Rockers (+Non smh)

I'm putting these guys all together cuz they will perform similar roles. Regirock is the best defensive answer against the plethora of potent normal types we have with twave access to cripple switch ins. But its easy to abuse and more passive unlike Golem/Rhydon which do very similar with the adding of strong secondary Stab. The latter two provide hazard control in Rapid Spin and Defog which is huge cuz our hazard removal kinda sucks. Gligar is not as bulky without evio but still very useful to have.

4. RIP GENGAR WHY

Haunter is literally our only viable ghost and therefore a good normal revenge killer. Very frail but strong offensive power and useful movepool. Really solid, good for spinblocking in some cases. Ive done SubDisable and Scarf already and they have both performed quite well. Big staple on most teams for sure.

5. Follow the lantern

Lanturn
is such an amazing glue mon to have and blanket most of recurrent special attackers like Fire types like Zard or typlhosion, electrics like Manectric, Rotom forms and choiced electivire, and offensive water types like Gorebyss, providing slow volt switch pivot to bring safe another threat. Great Mon.

6. Froggy

Haven't seen big discussion on this yet. Toxicroak is a big force in the tier with the power of going both sides and great ability. Offensively our best fighting type and I think its gonna be top tier for sure. Both SD and Special are great depending on what you wanna cover. Very few switch-ins to poison + fighting makes every set u running on this successful. Nice croak.

7. My signature garbage yw

Sooooo hear me out here. These two guys have a niche over the rest which I wanna talk.
Solrock unlike the other Rock types has Levitate and reliable recovery while also not being weak to fighting. Also access to Will-O-Wisp and rocks making it a great check to the normal types we have. Give it a shot.
Trashdam is actually not that bad. Prob our best Sceptile answer defensively I'd say. It also stops potential Butterfree sweeps which I've faced and has great typing for a utility mon. Gets its job done as Bastiodon did in ru alpha. Very Niche but works.

That will be all for now. Ty for reading n.n

Last edited:
Friendly (?) Reminder: The tier is in alpha state meaning NO BANS until March (edit: ups). So GL playing NU during this hoppefully short month.

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8bdspnu-1503244594

From this replay I wanna draw some conclusions
1st Kingler is pretty good with its Sheer Force Agility set which can also fit in utility like Knock Off (Or you just can fit it on for the prospect of smacking Exeguttor but don't expect to be able to combat Shiftry under the Sun tho) or X-scissor if you like it. Punishing Sceptile for switching in is always a nice prospect for a water type physical attacker (C+ tier for now)

2nd Tauros does not look bad at all and after broken Pokemons leave the tier he might become TOP3 (As it is now top5 but it's not broken it's simply great) in the metagame, Probopass will probably be a good partner for it with Magnet Pull who can remove otherwise annoying Pokemon like Mawile Bastiodon (Or you can simply run EQ over Rock Slide/Iron Tail because you need Rock Climb+Zen Headbutt) (S tier)

and lastly on a sad note for me cause I freaking adore Masquerain, it's not very good even down in BDSP NU in DPP with Quiver it maybe could have work? (Jk Butterfree and Venomoth would outclass it) but not in BDSP and if there is going to be Untiered for BDSP that's where it's going, it simply is A) Hard to fit well into a team B) defensive liability and C) you need to sack another mon via memento to at least try and pull a Masquerain sweep, but If you do : You officialy are the biggest gigachad there is on the planet (Blacklist)

I know one replay does not prove everything but you can just test those guys out yourself (I encourage y'all to use Tauros and Kingler but Masquerain is utter garbage and you're better of using Butterfree for that matter)

And also as always if there is a big problem with my post I can edit it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)