Battling 101 Re-redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Round 46 coming to a close, Jimbo and I had much to talk about. At first, dividing the signups into three time slots seemed like a great way of alleviating timezone issues with tutoring, but as you probably noticed, the distribution of tutors throughout the three slots was extremely uneven. Although this system was a step in the right direction, there was still much room for improvement. With that in mind, we set out to better the system for signing even more and came up with this:

I have collected hours of availability for every tutor on staff. With this information at hand, we will be asking all tutees to sign up in ONE thread, but post in their application profile their own normal hours of availability. With this information, we will be able to match each tutee with a tutor who shares at least two hours of overlap in their daily availability schedules.

For example: Tutee A posts that he is available from 4:00-10:00PM (GMT-5). We will take that information and match Tutee A with Atticus, who is generally available to tutor from 3:00-10:00PM (GMT-5) daily.

Although this system is a lot more work for us Battling 101 moderators, I believe it is the most efficient way of matching people. We still plan to keep an open queue like in Round 46, but it will all be done in one topic.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the way this new queue will function, some tutees will have to be skipped until a tutor with the right availability is ready to take them on. I do not want to hear any complaints on this matter.

ATTN: People who signed up for a tutor in Round 46, but never received one!

Your patience is greatly appreciated, and to reward you for such patience, you will be given first priority in Round 47. To be put on the priority list, I need you to send me a PM with the following information:

1. What Time Slot you signed up for in Round 46
2. What timezone you live in, as well as what hours you are normally available to be tutored

Example:

1. Time Slot B
2. GMT -8, 4:00-10:00PM

If you send me a PM, I will know that you are active and still wanting a tutor, and I will move your signup post to the front of the line in the Round 47 signup topic when it goes up.

I will leave this topic open for questions and comments until I gather enough data from those who have not received a tutor yet in Round 46. At that point, we will be opening sign-ups for Round 47, so keep an eye out!

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
This sounds good. Hopefully these solutions will help work out the kinks in the program. I may even sign up at some point.

Oh man, this seems so much better than before. I was only available in the Zone A timeslot, but that was closed before I got a chance to sign up. This seems much better.

How often does tutoring take place? And how long is the duration of the session?
(Once, twice, ... 7 times a week? / The full eight hours?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)