Colossoil @ Rage Candy Bar

[EAT THE RCB] Superpower - Brick Break - Fissure
IF D/E THEN Dig AND push back
[ONCE] IF P/E THEN Substitute AND push back
[ONCE] IF Endure THEN Taunt AND push back

Last edited:

nightblitz42

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Taunt really won't do anything to stop Endure at +4 Priority. But, fortunately for you, Lopunny doesn't have enough EN to use the move in the first place. Because of my low EN, and because RageCandyBar gives you the speed advantage, my answer (just like with Spinda) is to use a last-ditch Priority combination.

[Quick Attack + Low Kick] ~ Cooldown ~ Chill

Round 10

Dark/Ground | Rebound/Guts/Unnerve | RageCandyBar
HP: 110 | EN: 100
5/3/2/3/110 | 5/10/21

Normal/Fighting | Cute Charm/Klutz/Limber/Scrappy | Lopunnite
HP: 17/90 | EN: 11
7/3/1/4/135 | 3/3/23
A1

Colossoil eats its RageCandyBar!
+1 Atk, +1Spa, *1.25 Spe (6a)

Quick Kick!
Type = Fighting
Base EN cost = 3-1+9-1-1 = 9
Crit = 1/24 (rolled 18)
Damage = (4/2+16+3+14-6)*1.5 = 43.5 damage (66hp remaining)
EN cost = (3+9)*1.5 -1 -1 = -16en (ENKO!)

Superpower
Miss!
-8en (92en remaining)
RCB -> 5a

Dark/Ground | Rebound/Guts/Unnerve
HP: 66 | EN: 92
[6]/3/[3]/3/[138] | 5/10/21

KO

KO, 1KOC

KO, 2KOC

KO
Low Kick is the main reason I wanted to save Lopunny for Colossoil so badly. With a Weight Class of 10 and a weakness to Fighting-Type moves, Colossoil is a total victim against that move. If only I had enough remaining HP to use it one or two more times...

This round's scrimmage:
nightblitz42 sends out/equips/orders
Flamestar orders
I ref​

Well, Lopunny certainly over-performed as always, but now with Eevee facing Colossoil I'm beyond desperate. I was hoping to be able to use Extreme Evoboost alongside Stored Power (especially with Spinda being able to Baton Pass its boosts to Eevee), but all your Pokemon are super-resistant to Psychic attacks so that plan went right out the window. No matter how you look at it, Eevee's totally useless this match. I can't even equip it with an item I want to because Colossoil has Knock Off, so I have to rely upon the damage-boosting effect of Normalium Z.

Sending out Eevee with Normalium Z.
Skull Bash ~ Skull Bash ~ Skull Bash
IF (Colossoil is to use a D/E move) AND (Colossoil is NOT under D/E at the start of the action) THEN Dig.
IF damaging Fighting-Type combination THEN Protect.
IF damaging Fighting-Type move THEN Counter.

Flamestar to order

nightblitz42

Round 11

HP: 66/110 | EN: 92

Normal | Run Away/Adaptability/Anticipation | Normalium Z
HP: 80/80 | EN: 100
2/2/3/3/48 | 1/1/13
A1

Eevee tucked in its head!
+1 Def

Taunt
Eevee fell for the Taunt (3a)!
-9en (83en remaining)
RCB -> 4a

Skull Bash
Crit = 1/24 (rolled 1): CRIT!
Damage = 13+3+3+2+4-6+2 = 21 damage (45hp remaining)
-7en (93en remaining)
Taunt -> 2a

A2

+1 Def -> +2

Brick Buster!
Crit = 1/24 (rolled 16)
Damage = (8*2.25+12-2-4)*1.5 -4 = 32 damage (48hp remaining)
Cooldown (1a)
EN cost = (6+2)*3.5 = -28en (64en remaining)
RCB -> 3a

Skull Bash
Crit = 1/24 (rolled 11)
Damage = 13+3+2+4-6+2 = 18 damage (27hp remaining)
-10en (83en remaining)
Taunt -> 1a

A3

+1 Def -> +3

Cooldown
RCB -> 2a

Skull Bash
Crit = 1/24 (rolled 4)
18 damage (9hp remaining)
-14en (69en remaining)
Eevee's Taunt wore off!

HP: 9 | EN: 64

KO

KO, 1KOC

HP: 48/80 | EN: 69
2/2/3/3/48 | 1/1/13

KO, 2KOC

KO
I'm not really sure where to start here... I didn't expect Eevee to do so much damage. I mean, I get that Skull Bash has a huge 13 BAP, but still, I'm coming at you with only rank-2 Attack. Let's see... +3 BAP comes from STAB, +2 BAP from the Adaptability ability, and +2 damage from Normalium Z. Then there was a crit a1 for +3 BAP... I guess this is what they call "death from a thousand paper cuts"?
What else is there to talk about... Well, Skull Bash is a charge-up attack, so a Pokemon with a multi-hit attack would've been able to stun Eevee by hitting it twice during the charge-up phase, completely nullifying the attack. Also, since you invalidated sub2 with Taunt, sub3 should've activated a2 in its place, but (as you may have guessed) Eevee doesn't know Counter. It was a dummy sub I put there entirely for intimidation. It's pretty common for players to accidentally order moves their Pokemon don't know, especially in panic situations, so don't let your opponent get away with it. Even just by ordering Brick Break 3 times in a row, you could've done 51 damage this round instead of 32.

Seeing an Eevee perform this well... kinda makes me feel embarrassed, like I don't know anything about BBP...

This round's mess:
Flamestar orders
nightblitz42 orders
I ref
Oh, almost forgot to mention: Taunt only lasts for 3 actions now that it got nerfed. To my knowledge, Encore, Stealth Rock/Spikes, and Encore were the only moves to get nerfed for BBP (and I'm not even 100% sure about Stealth Rock/Spikes).

You know how amazing Topsy-Turvy would be right now? Im losing to an LC.

Endure - Roar - High Horsepower

IF Eevee is under P/E AND Colossoil is under the effects of Endure THEN Stockpile

Dont think theres anything else

nightblitz42

I'm not 100% sure what Roar does in this situation. I'm pretty sure nothing happens at the end of the round because there's no replacement Pokemon. That's what would happen on cartridge, at least. Either way, I'm planning to end the match this round, so I guess it probably doesn't matter.
There are a few different ways to get around Endure. [Fake Out + Fake Out] is a nifty method you'll see once in a while, because its +6 Combo Priority is fast enough to strike before both Endure and Protect. Residual damage from moves like Whirlpool, from weathers like Hail, or from status conditions like Burning or Poison will also do the trick. But I'd say the most common method of getting around Endure is with Toxic because almost all Pokemon can learn it, including Eevee.

Toxic ~ Breakneck Blitz (link: Last Resort) ~ Head Smash
IF Toxic misses a1 THEN Toxic a3.

Round 12

HP: 9 | EN: 64

HP: 48/80 | EN: 69
2/2/3/3/48 | 1/1/13
A1

Endure
-15en
(49en remaining)
RCB -> 1a

Toxic
Hit chance = .9 (rolled 7/10)
Badly Poisoned (1hp/a)
-7en
(62en remaining)

-1hp (8hp remaining)

A2

Breakneck Blitz (link: Last Resort)!
Crit = 1/24 (rolled 10)
Damage = 20+3+2+4-6+2 = 25 damage (1hp remaining)
-8en (54en remaining)

Roar
-7en
(42en remaining)
RCB wore off!

-1hp (KO!)

Post-Round
Eevee... doesn't switch out? I think? The boosts do decay from +3 to +2 though.

KO, 1KOC

KO

KO, 1KOC

HP: 48/80 | EN: 54
2/2/3/3/48 | 1/1/13

KO, 2KOC

KO
And, that's a wrap! It's worth noting that Last Resort would have failed if I tried to use it, but Breakneck Blitz counts as a completely different move, so it still worked okay. It doesn't inherit any of the traits of Last Resort, aside from basic stuff like Z-BAP, EN cost, and damage category. Remembering that Breakneck Blitz counts as its own move will spare you a lot of confusion with other Z-Move-related rulings later on.

Also, a Pokemon's stat boosts will decay at the end of the round if they weren't boosted that round. So, if Eevee starts the round at +3 Def and doesn't increase it that round, it goes down to +2 Def at the end of the round.
Let's see, in this battle, we used some D/E moves, lots of Fake Outs, Encore, Taunt, Endure, a truckload of combinations, and even a Z-Move... did I miss any other important moves? U-Turn and Stealth Rock (and, by extension, Rapid Spin/Defog) are pretty important moves in Singles Battles, and we didn't use them. And then there's Torment and Disable... But, I guess there's only so much you can cover in one battle.

Anyways, thanks for playing! If you want, we can continue the mentoring program with one more battle (different Pokemon, etc). Or, we can call it off here. Up to you. Also, I'm free to answer any and all questions you have (to the best of my abilities, at least).

Rewards:
Flamestar : 4+1+(3*2) = 11 CC

nightblitz42: 4+2 = 6 CC
(6*3)+3+5 = 26 UC
The rewards for a mentoring battle are super-weird... I hope I got them right...

Last edited:

nightblitz42

P.S.: Just got confirmation that Roar doesn't do anything if the Pokemon can't be replaced.
P.P.S.: Fixed the rewards (I think).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)