Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hello! Not much to report, but this is just a post to say that I am still interested in continuing my Super Doubles Battle Tree streak. My current streak is 1,067.

That's right, I've gotten 67 wins in the last 1.5 years. There are obviously several reasons why—school being significantly busier than expected, puzzles taking up most of my spare time, and so forth—but I do genuinely hope to be able to get some time, eventually, to give this streak a proper continuation. I'm sorry for being a part of the problem and I really hope that my being a moving target hasn't discouraged anyone (do drop me a message if you'd like to know my exact streak at any point in time!). Hope to be back on the tree soon!

Hi, All!

Relative newbie here especially for USUM. My streak ended at 133 and I felt like posting it here:

2021 has been my renaissance year for Pokémon.

I've staved off playing Pokémon after XY (2014) but I'm truly glad I returned.

Having something to do during these times is awesome and I couldn't be more thankful to Pokémon

I recently broke the 70 wins on ORAS and decided it is time to try and break Smogon's 90 Streak Minimum in USUM

I'm happy about this team because it is an amalgamation of different mons from record holders.

But it is still a unique trio

Ok so enough of that, here is my Team

6113c471cd24d4bcd64c24109cda17ce.png

Tapu Koko (TapuKontol)
Timid
Life Orb
EVs: 252SAtk / 252 Speed / 6HP
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot (Pretty useless for Tapu's role)

I went with Tapu Koko as lead because he is fast and hits hard. Originally he was Choice Specd but locking it out has proven some issues. Especially if its something I can hit harder with Dazzling Gleam.

Being unaffected by Intimidate is a boon as well.
ThunderBolt to hit everything neutrally hard and OHKOs water and flying
Life Orb ThunderBolt in Electric Terrain OHKOs neutral univested Base 80 SpD Pokemons 56.3% of the Time.

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Noivern in Electric Terrain: 148-175 (92.5 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Volt Switch is to do chip damage (breaks Focus Sash and Sturdy) to Mons that thunderbolt cannot OHKO that may pack earthquake, poison or steel type moves and switch accordingly
Dazzling Gleam for Dragons / Fighting / Dark (Though be careful against EQ packing Dragons)
Grass Knot is something I rarely use because if I see a Ground or Rock Type I switch out. I should have SR'ed for HP Fire to beat Grass and Bugs
Theory crafting of switching Grass Knot with Telekinesis to Exclusively Beat Garchomp (Though be wary of Scarf Chomp)
Also Tapu Koko, being the Point with a nickname of TapuKontol. It just works. IDK if anyone will get it LOL

DARGON(1).png

Dragonite (DavioN)
Jolly
Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

I was looking for a Flying/Levitator which can hit hard.
This was Originally Mega Salamence but that leaves me with Regular Scizor which is significantly weaker and less bulky.
So I had to pick one that would complement Tapu Koko
I originally wanted this to be Flygon but he was too soft and too weak even after 2 DDs.
I finally settled on Dragonite. I never knew how insanely powerful Multiscale is.
I opted for Max Atk and Max Speed because I was not using Roost.
Outrage over Dragon Claw for added power. Lum Berry is a GOAT item
Dragon Dance one of these and it can usually sweep the enemy
Ice Punch to hit Landorus, Bright Powder Zapdos, Skarmory
Earthquake for coverage. I wanted to slot Rock Slide here to beat Zapdos but
This sets hits 9 out of 16 types super effectively
DavioN is just Dragon Knight from DOTA. I'm thinking of changing the name to Fat Trogdor. Yeah maybe I will.

aab42440622de5351f72f305169953aeb3d443b9.png

Scizor-Mega (Gillette)
Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 SpD
- Bullet Punch
- Brutal Swing
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

I've always had an affinity for Scizor and his Mega Form transformed this affinity into an all time fave.
This is just straight up SilverstarStream's Scizor.

I originally had Aircraft Cemetery's Scizor from ORAS but I feel like something needs to be changed.
That SpD has been well worth the re-breeding, and training.
Koko Volt Switching to Mega Scizor against Poison, Grass or Steel Type feels so smart.
2 SDs is usually enough to Bullet Punch OHKO anything neutrally.

Sample Calcs

Offensive Against Drampa:

Drampa 4:
+4 12+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Drampa: 183-216 (119.6 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Drampa 1:
+4 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Drampa: 151-178 (81.6 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 12+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Drampa: 127-151 (68.6 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So the added bulk is much appreciated.

Defensive Against Rotom-Frost-3:
252+ SpA Rotom-Frost Blizzard vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 33-39 (18.7 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Frost Blizzard vs. 244 HP / 252 SpD Scizor-Mega: 26-31 (14.7 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Frost Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 73-87 (41.4 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Rotom-Frost Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 252 SpD Scizor-Mega: 58-69 (32.9 - 39.2%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO

SuperPower for Magnezone, Normals, Tyranitars, Steel Levitators
Brutal Swing over Bug Bite for better coverage and to break Sash Gengar and then finish off with priority Bullet Punch (Unboosted Brutal Swing can 31.3% chance to OHKO Gengar)

By definition, I cannot relegate Scizor as an Anchor. He is as valuable as Dragonite as he complements Nite's weakness.
Because of this, I also refuse to tag him as Mid 2.

ORAS Scizor was named RazerSword like Voltes V's Laser Sword.
So I had to settle for a less fun one in Gillette (a Razor and also Razor's fun name in DOTA 1)
MAN I AM OLD

And that is my team. The one thing I love about this team is it hits 15 out of 16 types super effectively. Only Bug is hit neutrally. I am pretty happy with this team because this is a unique trio that I thought of myself and it suits my playstyle of hit everything hard. Previously, I just copied sets of other people and end up not being able to use them effectively. Especially trios that use Substitute (Gliscor's toxic stall), Roost-ers, Setup Sweepers (Suicune / Calm Minders)

Proof:

T4NG-WWWW-WWXE-CEA8

streak.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Joining the update bandwagon (just in time) with my own infinitesimal progress - 67 wins since my June 2020 post to round the streak up to 3400. There was actually an ok variety of battles in this brief stretch (including a funny Golisopod encounter), so I’ve uploaded them at 2x speed but with animations enabled this time, hopefully providing a little more entertainment value:

Not much in the way of specific remarks, but I enjoyed powering on the New Nintendo 2DS XL once again, returning to a *ahem* comprehensive Facility experience with wonderful Megas and Z-moves; what privilege it is to be able to save battles to the SD card for later recording as well!

One takeaway would be that I’ve simply become quite the fan of Gliscor in Doubles…I may just breed for a shiny in a snazzy Moon Ball as a display of gratitude.

Submitting two records for Super Doubles (281 wins & 105 wins):

Team A (Tapu Lele / Drifblim lead team): Drew inspiration from Eisenhertz & ExtendedFreezer's Tapu Lele / Drifblim teams and made minor modifications to their sets. Showing proof for 281 wins since that was when I took a break, but the game froze on me when I was at 305 and I had to restart.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe
IVs: Every stat 31 IVs / Hyper Trained
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Drifblim @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 100 Def / 220 SpA / 36 SpD / 148 Spe
IVs: All except Attack are 31
- Shadow Ball
- Tailwind
- Rain Dance
- Destiny Bond

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Low Kick
- Lunge
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body --> Tough Claws
Nature: Jolly
IVs: Every stat 31 IVs / Hyper Trained except for Special Attack
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Thoughts:
Threats include two potential trick room setter leads, of which I usually play around by taunting one of them and launching Shadow Ball at the other, and then protect stalling it out (also hope that Drifblim picks up a kill during trick room using Destiny Bond). For fire teams, Rain Dance was a godsend for my backrow Pokemon in terms of ensuring their longevity, and used it a couple of other times to change other weather so Tapu Lele could pick up the KO on Tyranitar and etc. Another specific threat to the team is Focus Sash Salazzle, which I try to deal with before Pheromosa is sent out. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how this team worked out, as my initial goal was to break 200 wins and put another Drifblim team on the leadership score board.

Proof for 281 wins:

1619913049367.png

Team B (Silvally / Noivern lead team): Drew inspiration from Eisenhertz's Silvally trick room team and made a tailwind variant instead. This team lost at the 105 wins mark.

Silvally @ Choice Band
Ability: RKS System
- Explosion
- Double-Edge
- Crunch
- Parting Shot

Noivern @ Focus Sash
Ability: Telepathy
- Draco Meteor
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace --> Pixilate
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Thoughts:
Usual first turn play is Explosion + Tailwind or Explosion + Super Fang if I want to pick up the KO on particularly bulky Pokemon. Noivern works wonders for this team since after setting up Tailwind it will usually assist Gardevoir and Garchomp's spread moves by using Super Fang (Super Fang really does wonders for the team). I've had a couple of runs where the failure to recognize Pokemon with Damp resulted in my lost, as that usually entails a wasted turn and having to switch to Garchomp / Gardevoir in the process. As for Trick Room teams, Explosion + Super fang usually will clear them away, with the exception of Bronzong. I had Fire Fang on Silvally instead of Crunch in the beginning, but switched to Crunch since it's more effective than trying to guess which ability Bronzong has (Super Fang + Crunch picks up the KO on Bronzong). Overall, fun team to play with and glad to see Noivern break 100 wins.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Submitting two records for Super Doubles (281 wins & 105 wins):

Team A (Tapu Lele / Drifblim lead team): Drew inspiration from Eisenhertz & ExtendedFreezer's Tapu Lele / Drifblim teams and made minor modifications to their sets. Showing proof for 281 wins since that was when I took a break, but the game froze on me when I was at 305 and I had to restart.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Nature: Modest
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Drifblim @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 100 Def / 220 SpA / 36 SpD / 148 Spe
IVs: All except Attack are 31
- Shadow Ball
- Tailwind
- Rain Dance
- Destiny Bond

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Nature: Naughty
- Low Kick
- Lunge
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body --> Tough Claws
IVs: Every stat 31 IVs / Hyper Trained except for Special Attack
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Thoughts:
Threats include two potential trick room setter leads, of which I usually play around by taunting one of them and launching Shadow Ball at the other, and then protect stalling it out (also hope that Drifblim picks up a kill during trick room using Destiny Bond). For fire teams, Rain Dance was a godsend for my backrow Pokemon in terms of ensuring their longevity, and used it a couple of other times to change other weather so Tapu Lele could pick up the KO on Tyranitar and etc. Another specific threat to the team is Focus Sash Salazzle, which I try to deal with before Pheromosa is sent out. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how this team worked out, as my initial goal was to break 200 wins and put another Drifblim team on the leadership score board.

Proof for 281 wins:

View attachment 337380

Team B (Silvally / Noivern lead team): Drew inspiration from Eisenhertz's Silvally trick room team and made a tailwind variant instead. This team lost at the 105 wins mark.

Silvally @ Choice Band
Ability: RKS System
- Explosion
- Double-Edge
- Crunch
- Parting Shot

Noivern @ Focus Sash
Ability: Telepathy
- Draco Meteor
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace --> Pixilate
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Thoughts:
Usual first turn play is Explosion + Tailwind or Explosion + Super Fang if I want to pick up the KO on particularly bulky Pokemon. Noivern works wonders for this team since after setting up Tailwind it will usually assist Gardevoir and Garchomp's spread moves by using Super Fang (Super Fang really does wonders for the team). I've had a couple of runs where the failure to recognize Pokemon with Damp resulted in my lost, as that usually entails a wasted turn and having to switch to Garchomp / Gardevoir in the process. As for Trick Room teams, Explosion + Super fang usually will clear them away, with the exception of Bronzong. I had Fire Fang on Silvally instead of Crunch in the beginning, but switched to Crunch since it's more effective than trying to guess which ability Bronzong has (Super Fang + Crunch picks up the KO on Bronzong). Overall, fun team to play with and glad to see Noivern break 100 wins.
Congratulations on both streaks, it's nice to see people still playing Tree and trying new stuff! I'm also stoked someone else made a DrifLele team, it's a really fun combo!

Unfortunately, those 2 streaks as currently reported aren't eligible for the leaderboard because they're missing the replays...
From the thread rules:
▹ If you'd like a streak to be leaderboard eligible, please include a code to the video of your losing battle. Alternatively, you may record and upload that video with a camera, but in this case, make sure the battle preview screen is shown in addition to the battle.
In the case of your DrifLele team, since it ended because of a crash, it's clearly impossible for you to have the replay, but would you maybe have a replay of a previous battle with the team? If you have one past 281, I could even add the streak up to where you were at the time of that replay. If you need help uploading the replays, let me know (the feature is still fully functional in SM/USUM).

Update: Current streak 131

Hey guys! So obv I am new to posting in this thread but have been a steady lurker in this thread and competitive VGC player for 4-5yrs. Ive always liked grinding in the Battle Tree and been bored af with Gen8 VGC so been playing alot of Super Doubles and breeding/building trying to make a super consistent team. So figured I'd do a quick report on an "in progress" streak currently at 101 wins...

Update: Most current replays
Battle 131: 575G-WWWW-WWXE-EA5P
Battle 130: MVDW-WWWW-WWXE-EA5N
Battle 129: FUNG-WWWW-WWXE-EA5K

Story:
Like I said, I've always been a big fan of the Battle Tree and played it A LOT throughout Gen7 and was always testing Mons/Teams looking for that "perfect" team (for my playstyle). This team, while obv not perfect, is pretty damn consistent! Its basically breezed thru back-to-back 100+ streaks, with the first ending at 152 because of bad play on my end. Early renditions of the team featured Zapdos over Articuno, Mega-Salamence over Landorus, or Ferrothorn/Celesteela over Fini, but each ideration had 3 current members + 1 substitute mentioned. Heres the current squad...

Team:
Lead1
Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 52 SpA / 52 SpD / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Roost

Edit: Lead 2
Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD
IMPISH Nature (Switched from Relaxed)
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Snarl
**Incineroar Nature change to out run Choice Scarf 252Hp/252SpAtk Modest Rotom forms in Tailwind to get Snarl SpAtk drops**

Tapu Fini @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 228 HP / 100 Def / 140 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Haze
- Heal Pulse

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 4 Def / 100 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

Notable Points:</strong></p><p><strong></strong></p><p><strong>Articuno: With Zapdos filling this slot before, the team wasn't hacking it for the long haul. Zapdos has always been a go-to for BT runs for me tho and I thought it too important to replace... Until I looked into Articuno, that is! Articuno fills the same role of bulky Tailwind setter, has BT essential recovery, and the ability to KO Gyarados before it gets out of hand. However, Articuno garnishes more bulk, is neutral to Ice, STAB Freeze-Dry for Water + Water/Ground types + Dragons, and has the ability to check the teams BIGGEST problem... Phys-Def Mega-Venusaur with Skystrike. The added Steel weakness and overlapping Electric + Rock weakness for the team are negligable for that fact alone! The EV spread is to reliably set up Tailwind in most situations, and to avoid OHKOs from almost any move fired at it (with Intimidate support) barring CRITS! Articuno just fits this team very well by filling a handful of very important roles while not forcing me to lose other important traits from its teammates! Normally, I wouldn't run Hurricane without Rain but, except for the Z-Move, I really don't ever click it!

• 252 Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Articuno: 168-196 (85.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
  • -1 252 Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Articuno: 108-132 (54.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
  • -2 252 Atk Tyranitar-Mega Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Articuno: 168-204 (85.2 - 103.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Ampharos-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Articuno: 162-192 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Articuno: 134-158 (68 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tapu Fini: While not the strongest Tapu, its def the best for BT, imo! Misty Terrain is incredibly important to avoid being statused without sacrificing a move slot, its a switch-in to cover Lando and Incin weaknesses, Heal Pulse can be HUGE for long streaks (esp in Tailwind), and Haze is another move important for streaks and a better option than Taunt, imo. The EV spread basically just covers it lower Phys-Def without sacrificing SpDef, helps outspeed some key threats in Tailwind (or get a Haze/Pulse off), and still hit hard enoughto clinch omportant 2HKOs.

Landorus: The key to this Landorus set is def the Yache Berry! I've triedtons of items in the past Z-Crystals, Band, Scarf, LO for offensive sets or AV or Berries for bulkier ones but Lando STILL drops to STAB Ice moves. Lando ALWAYS baits Ice moves so I can switch accordingly and Yache lets it eat ANY Ice move if it needs too! The Spread also lets Lando live a good amount of Water moves and Special Attacks in general (esp after Snarl or Moon last SpAtk drops). Speed EVs to outspeed Scarf-Chomp in Tailwind to rotate Intimidates.

Quick Edit to highlight the team's biggest threats:
  • Phys-Def Mega-Venusaur: only Articuno hits it Super Effectively and Leech Seed/GigaDrain/SludgeBomb/Synthesis can possibly 1v3 the rest of the team
  • Gyarados: Mega or otherwise can snowball quickly with DragonDance
  • Competitive Militic: Because it will almost always get a Comp boost
  • Defiant Braviary/Passimian: another near-guaranteed boost and +1 Rock Slides, Close Combat, or Brave Bird do big damage
  • SheerCold + Fissure Walrein: aka The Streak Killer... It's just a massive threat to any team, really so just need to focus it down and pray for misses. Props to GameFreak for that incredible set tho! That's hilarious
** Hope skipping Incin breakdown and calcs for the rest of the team is okay? Figure, they're pretty standard outside of what I've mentioned but I will make any edits necessary **

The team synergized very well, imo. Typically, most or all my Mom's would have Protect but the combo of Lando's U-Turn, Incineroar's Fake Out, and Fini's Heal Pulse really help to make up for lack of Protect turns. Mega Venusaur is still tough if I can't keep Articuno safe as well. Lastly, around 80+ battles, I sometimes feel like Taunt could be super useful but it would have to replace Heal Pulse or Snarl so idk...

Sorry if this report is missing anything, it being my first time posting and all, but I plan on updating it every 50 battles or so or at least when the streak ends!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Fixed a minor bug in the USUM Battle Tree Informant (context: original post and last update) that caused Fan Rotom not to appear in the roster for the pre-50 Punk Guys (Kass, Scoop, Dylan, Evander). I imagine it may also affect SadisticMystic's sheet since they're both drawn from the same data source, so tagging as a heads up.

If you want to make the fix yourself you can add ", Fan Rotom-1" to the end of the items in rows 31-34 in the "Tree Trainers" sheet. Alternatively, I've updated the main sheet so you can just make a new copy of it.

EDIT: also merged in the edits mentioned by Sadistic in the post below this one. Thanks for tracking down the source!

Thanks to Cutefluffysheep for pointing out the error!

Last edited:
It's more pervasive than that. Evander, Dylan, and Jasper each had a Rotom form added to their roster as a change specifically for USUM, but almost all of the beginning-level trainers had something removed from their roster; the differences are noted in blue on this page. All those changes have now been incorporated in my source, including their effect on early-streak odds--with all the changes taken into account, Blastoise1 is now completely absent in USUM except on Red-Normal, and Mimikyu1 does not appear with any trainer whatsoever, making it a waste of a set.

Last edited:
Update to my Articuno, Incineroar, Fini, Landorus-T Super Doubles run:

I am a complete and total DINKAZOID!! Unfortunately, the streak ended at 144 battles because of a TERRIBLE play on my end!! I gambled on a roll with FreezeDry to hopefully KO Mega-Alakazam instead of clicking Articuno'd Z-Move!! Needless to say... my gamble did not pay off and prooved catastrophic, sealing my fate in the battle lol!! Zam proceeded to KO Incineroar and Fini leaving Lando on its own. Maybe I should have focused down Latios earlier in the game but it didn't pose much of a threat! I was too scared to click a raw Hurricane and only needed a JUST over mid-range roll with Freeze-Dry. In retrospect, with Zam having Mega Evolved, there was no threat of Mega-Venusaur in the back and literally ZERO reason to not Skystrike into Mega-Zam!!

However, I am still TOTALLY confident in this team!! It is super consistent so long as you don't make dumb plays (like me)!! BUT.... There are a couple changes I am currently making to improve some EV benchmarks for my next attempt at a streak.

Team:

Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252Hp - 100Def - 52SpA - 52SpD - 52Spe
Bold Nature
Tailwind
Freeze Dry
Hurricane
Roost
**Set unchanged from previous streak**

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 236Hp - 4Atk - 28Def - 236SpD - 4Spe
Impish Nature
Fake Out
Flare Blitz
Knock Off
Snarl
** Adding 4Spe EVs to not Speed-tie with uninvested Porygon2**

Tapu Fini @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 228Hp - 100Def - 76SpA - 44SpD - 60Spe
Calm Nature
Moonblast
Scald
Haze
Heal Pulse
**Remove SpA EVs to invest 60Spe EVs SPECIFICALLY to outspeed Mega-Alakazam in Tailwind!! Would have been all the difference**

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252Hp - 28Atk - 4Def - 100SpD - 124Spe
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-turn
Protect
** Unchanged from previous streak**

REPLAY Battle #144: N55G-WWWW-WWXE-EELU

I would love for someone to try this team out to see what you think of it! Any input or suggestions are always considered and looked into. I honestly think it accounts for and can handle just about anything the Tree can throw at it! The team has seriously BREEZED thru two consecutive 140+ streaks, ended only by suicide haha!! There's no gimmick or definitive combo it's looking to pull of, just a combo of Typings, Abilities, Bulk, and Moves that compliment each other well and cover just about anything if played carefully against what we know about the AI's play-style... no real glaring weaknesses the team has but it is, admittedly, relatively SLOW... Hence the above spread changes. Tho, in Tailwind, the only Mon that not a single member can outrun is Scarf/Jolly Aerodactyl, but not a huge deal imo.I just need to learn when to put the game down and not push for a few more wins and start back up with a clearer head the following day lol!! Hopefully will be posting again soon!!

PS: Wasn't sure if I should have edited my original post to report the streak ending or make a new post... Obv you see what I did but lmk if anything is not up to snuff, please!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello, I'm sort of new to the thread (but have been reading a bit)
I'm posting a Doubles Streak of 203 I got a year ago with the following team

Garde.png

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 100 HP / 76 Def / 188 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock (Psychic)
- Hyper Voice

Kartana.png

Kartana (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike (Knock Off)
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind

Incineroar.png

Incineroar (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 14 SpA
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Landorus.png

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Protect

The moves I put in bracket are one I changed since getting the streak (i.e. Gardevoir now has Psychic and Kartana now has Knock Off)

My goal was creating a team around Mega-Gardevoir, because she is cute. Initially my approach was to make her as fat as possible with 252+ spa and the rest of the evs in bulk, while using a reliable tailwind setter. For that task I initially decided on one of the most reliable of them all, in Whimsicott/Cottonee. In the backline Incineroar just seems too fitting to pass up, with all the right resistances, intimidate, fake out - which is extremely valuable for a pokemon that 2hkos nearly everything (and both opponents at once) - and the offenses to knock out threats after resisting their move (Fire against steel, dark against ghosts). For the last pokemon I wanted a steel, because steel is good and immune to poison, Gardevoirs final weakness. I also wanted it to not be weak to ground though, since Ince was already weak to it and Garde didn't resist either (while cotton wasn't a real pokemon). I decided for Scizor, since I didn't want another Fight weak in Kartana and didn't want a slow pokemon like Celesteela. Being able to use Bullet punch also made me feel "justified" in using Gardevoir over Lele and seemed a nice synergy with Hypervoice weakening enemies to put them in range.
The team did pretty well for a first attempt and got me a bit more than 100 wins. However there were some pretty big gaps. The great Eisenherz pointed out the team would probably have easy wins, when it is winning, but struggle in less ideal conditions. Something I also started to feel more and more. The team relied pretty much entirely on being carried by gardevoir and got especially awkward, when Cottonee somehow outlived her and ended up next to one of the physical attackers who had no synergy with his Fake Tears. Due to Cottonee baiting and a guaranteed Tailwind Gardevoir did manage to carry a lot, but in the end she's not bulky enough to avoid getting an unlucky double or being ohkod by super effective moves. Even without super effective moves, Rain teams were sometimes able to simply outmuscle me. I needed a stronger, more flexible core.

Due to being bullied by Rain teams, I decided to replace Scizor with Kartana afterall. Quickly after I decided to give cottonee the boot, since (another thing pointed out by Eisen) Mega-Garde actually has a pretty good speed stat and doesn't need a 100% reliable tail wind, so ignoring that would be ignoring one of her strengths. By replacing both Scizor and Cottonee with tw Kartana I freed up space for another "real" pokemon to strengthen my core instead of serving as a tw bot, but I was unsure what to put there. Initially I tried Latios for some reason... I think I just really like Devastating Drake. I noticed I was having some trouble with steel types though, that resisted Gardevoirs signature move, so I switched it for Garchomp, which seemed just a strong, solid Pokemon, that can deal especially well with the Steel/Rock types, that trouble Incineroar.
I got another streak up to 145 with that team, but Garchomp was kind of underperforming. (damn powercreep!) The streak was ended by none other than Christian aka Ezras pseudonym. The two factors I identified for making Garchomp not meet expectation were 1. too many physical attackers and 2. No switch in for fighting moves (unfortunately not only fighting types that Gardevoir ohkos can use them). Since I wanted to keep the ground coverage however, I finally decided on Lando-I, a special attacker, that destroys steel types the rest of the team might struggle with (due to fairy resist and high defense), resists fighting and uses Tailwind well.

Something about the sets:
Gardevoir: 188+ SPA ohkos Conkeldurr (and a bunch of other stuff), 140 speed EVs (for 138 speed) outspeed some nasty poison, sitting at 137 without tailwind, the rest goes into bulk, since she tends to 2hko 2 enemies instead of quickly ohkoing them, which makes taking some bruises unavoidable. Psychic over Psyshock for Venusaur-4 and incidently it would've also helped in my loss against Kommo-o-4. Thunderbolt is a bit awkward, but it kills some birds (Staraptor would be scary for example) and hits neutral on both steel and fire, which can be handy when I get down in the dirt. I simply have not found a better move.

Kartana: Okay, I know how this looks: scarf and tailwind... However it was suggested by none other than the legendary Coeur and actually works pretty well in practice. As a sacrificial tw setter, when Gardevoir gets good matchups, scarf is more reliable than sash, due to flinches being avoided. When it's not setting tw, Scarf Kartana is simply incredible. Where previously it was a catastrophe, when Gardevoir got doubled t1, now it can simply be a setup for kartanas sweep. Under good conditions he will easily rack up 2 or more kills due to Incineroars fake out and beast boost. Of course things don't always go perfectly, but even when you tailwind without dying, the tempo loss from switching out can most of the time be compensated by gardevoir 2hkoing both enemies at once and scarf Kartana being in my pocket as lategame resource. The switch usually is also save due to Incineroars bulk and resistances (or sometimes Lando resisting a fighting move, though Kartana is a magnet for random ice beams with his shitty spdef). Sacred Sword is necessary against steel types in the lead matchup.
The attack and speed evs allow him to outspeed and ohko Manectric-4, the spdef evs are great value and hopefully help not getting ohkod by every random neutral or resisted special move.

Incineroar: I go with AV, rather than Eisenberry, since it simply feels more reliably to me and Kartana, who he replaces much more often than gardevoir always gets hit with the special moves. Protect does not feel necessary. It makes me feel a bit bad about the recoil from Flare Blitz, but I like to think if Incineroar gets in a big Flare Blitz, I'm doing pretty well anyways, considering he's the least offensive mon on the team.

Lando: Nothing special really. Substitute is there to help against status spamming mons and to gain tempo when he's next to Gardevoir and she kos both opponens at once. The HP evs where put there by Eisen, to survive Alakazam-4 Psychic, which seems nice value for such a small investment.

Thoughts on the team in general:
The team is pretty easy and very fun to play! Gardevoir is incredibly strong, with enough bulk to almost never get ohkod and the power to 2hko almost anything and multiple enemies at once. It feels very easy to set up winning situations with this team, which makes it great for a beginner, such as me: Garde and Lando next to each other in tailwind, garde in a good matchup with incineroar in the back, lando behind a sub, scarf Kartana in the back to clean up whatever is left, etc.
What makes the team stumble are situations, where Lando can not safely switch in to kill enemies the rest of the team is struggling with. Volcarona setting up on my leads can be pretty dangerous, fire types in general. Steel types can be annoying, since many of them know earthquake, which makes Incineroar unsave. Sometimes there are situations where I want to attack with Kartana, but also want tailwind (and once he attacks, setting tw becomes pretty much impossible). Sometimes it can be hard for a beginner to know if I need tailwind (for example against trainers who can use Crobat, I believe I always need to set it). TR teams are also a big threat, since garde does not have the power to ko all the setters together with Kartana. Hax can also be a danger when your plan is 2hkoing opponents, rather than ohkoing and you don't have fini. I believe the team has most of the tools to overcome these difficult situations though. Ince performs great in trick room, kartana does well even against speed trainers without tail wind and the team has enough bulk to allow maneuvering and forgive small mistakes. My losses are always terrible battles where I do everything wrong and I think the team has more potential than what I am able to do with it. It makes me wonder, how far a great player could go with Gardevoir!
Edit: I'm still not sure if Lando is the best choice for the last spot. He does what he's supposed to do well: Kill steels and fires, but otherwise he doesn't feel as strong as the rest of the team and his bulk is a bit less than I hoped for. Maybe tha's just in the nature of being the last pokemon, added to fill the weaknesses of the others though.

Lastly big Thank You to turskain, who got me into playing some tree, helped me get started and gave me lots of advice. Also to Eisenherz and Coeur for helping me get the Pokemon I wanted to use and everyone on the discord for discussing things!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello, I'm sort of new to the thread (but have been reading a bit)
I'm posting a Doubles Streak of 203 I got a year ago with the following team

View attachment 348041
Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 100 HP / 76 Def / 188 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock (Psychic)
- Hyper Voice

View attachment 348042
Kartana (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike (Knock Off)
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind

View attachment 348043
Incineroar (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 14 SpA
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

View attachment 348044
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Protect

The moves I put in bracket are one I changed since getting the streak (i.e. Gardevoir now has Psychic and Kartana now has Knock Off)

My goal was creating a team around Mega-Gardevoir, because she is cute. Initially my approach was to make her as fat as possible with 252+ spa and the rest of the evs in bulk, while using a reliable tailwind setter. For that task I initially decided on one of the most reliable of them all, in Whimsicott/Cottonee. In the backline Incineroar just seems too fitting to pass up, with all the right resistances, intimidate, fake out - which is extremely valuable for a pokemon that 2hkos nearly everything (and both opponents at once) - and the offenses to knock out threats after resisting their move (Fire against steel, dark against ghosts). For the last pokemon I wanted a steel, because steel is good and immune to poison, Gardevoirs final weakness. I also wanted it to not be weak to ground though, since Ince was already weak to it and Garde didn't resist either (while cotton wasn't a real pokemon). I decided for Scizor, since I didn't want another Fight weak in Kartana and didn't want a slow pokemon like Celesteela. Being able to use Bullet punch also made me feel "justified" in using Gardevoir over Lele and seemed a nice synergy with Hypervoice weakening enemies to put them in range.
The team did pretty well for a first attempt and got me a bit more than 100 wins. However there were some pretty big gaps. The great Eisenherz pointed out the team would probably have easy wins, when it is winning, but struggle in less ideal conditions. Something I also started to feel more and more. The team relied pretty much entirely on being carried by gardevoir and got especially awkward, when Cottonee somehow outlived her and ended up next to one of the physical attackers who had no synergy with his Fake Tears. Due to Cottonee baiting and a guaranteed Tailwind Gardevoir did manage to carry a lot, but in the end she's not bulky enough to avoid getting an unlucky double or being ohkod by super effective moves. Even without super effective moves, Rain teams were sometimes able to simply outmuscle me. I needed a stronger, more flexible core.

Due to being bullied by Rain teams, I decided to replace Scizor with Kartana afterall. Quickly after I decided to give cottonee the boot, since (another thing pointed out by Eisen) Mega-Garde actually has a pretty good speed stat and doesn't need a 100% reliable tail wind, so ignoring that would be ignoring one of her strengths. By replacing both Scizor and Cottonee with tw Kartana I freed up space for another "real" pokemon to strengthen my core instead of serving as a tw bot, but I was unsure what to put there. Initially I tried Latios for some reason... I think I just really like Devastating Drake. I noticed I was having some trouble with steel types though, that resisted Gardevoirs signature move, so I switched it for Garchomp, which seemed just a strong, solid Pokemon, that can deal especially well with the Steel/Rock types, that trouble Incineroar.
I got another streak up to 145 with that team, but Garchomp was kind of underperforming. (damn powercreep!) The streak was ended by none other than Christian aka Ezras pseudonym. The two factors I identified for making Garchomp not meet expectation were 1. too many physical attackers and 2. No switch in for fighting moves (unfortunately not only fighting types that Gardevoir ohkos can use them). Since I wanted to keep the ground coverage however, I finally decided on Lando-I, a special attacker, that destroys steel types the rest of the team might struggle with (due to fairy resist and high defense), resists fighting and uses Tailwind well.

Something about the sets:
Gardevoir: 188+ SPA ohkos Conkeldurr (and a bunch of other stuff), 140 speed EVs (for 138 speed) outspeed some nasty poison, sitting at 137 without tailwind, the rest goes into bulk, since she tends to 2hko 2 enemies instead of quickly ohkoing them, which makes taking some bruises unavoidable. Psychic over Psyshock for Venusaur-4 and incidently it would've also helped in my loss against Kommo-o-4. Thunderbolt is a bit awkward, but it kills some birds (Staraptor would be scary for example) and hits neutral on both steel and fire, which can be handy when I get down in the dirt. I simply have not found a better move.

Kartana: Okay, I know how this looks: scarf and tailwind... However it was suggested by none other than the legendary Coeur and actually works pretty well in practice. As a sacrificial tw setter, when Gardevoir gets good matchups, scarf is more reliable than sash, due to flinches being avoided. When it's not setting tw, Scarf Kartana is simply incredible. Where previously it was a catastrophe, when Gardevoir got doubled t1, now it can simply be a setup for kartanas sweep. Under good conditions he will easily rack up 2 or more kills due to Incineroars fake out and beast boost. Of course things don't always go perfectly, but even when you tailwind without dying, the tempo loss from switching out can most of the time be compensated by gardevoir 2hkoing both enemies at once and scarf Kartana being in my pocket as lategame resource. The switch usually is also save due to Incineroars bulk and resistances (or sometimes Lando resisting a fighting move, though Kartana is a magnet for random ice beams with his shitty spdef). Sacred Sword is necessary against steel types in the lead matchup.
The attack and speed evs allow him to outspeed and ohko Manectric-4, the spdef evs are great value and hopefully help not getting ohkod by every random neutral or resisted special move.

Incineroar: I go with AV, rather than Eisenberry, since it simply feels more reliably to me and Kartana, who he replaces much more often than gardevoir always gets hit with the special moves. Protect does not feel necessary. It makes me feel a bit bad about the recoil from Flare Blitz, but I like to think if Incineroar gets in a big Flare Blitz, I'm doing pretty well anyways, considering he's the least offensive mon on the team.

Lando: Nothing special really. Substitute is there to help against status spamming mons and to gain tempo when he's next to Gardevoir and she kos both opponens at once. The HP evs where put there by Eisen, to survive Alakazam-4 Psychic, which seems nice value for such a small investment.

Thoughts on the team in general:
The team is pretty easy and very fun to play! Gardevoir is incredibly strong, with enough bulk to almost never get ohkod and the power to 2hko almost anything and multiple enemies at once. It feels very easy to set up winning situations with this team, which makes it great for a beginner, such as me: Garde and Lando next to each other in tailwind, garde in a good matchup with incineroar in the back, lando behind a sub, scarf Kartana in the back to clean up whatever is left, etc.
What makes the team stumble are situations, where Lando can not safely switch in to kill enemies the rest of the team is struggling with. Volcarona setting up on my leads can be pretty dangerous, fire types in general. Steel types can be annoying, since many of them know earthquake, which makes Incineroar unsave. Sometimes there are situations where I want to attack with Kartana, but also want tailwind (and once he attacks, setting tw becomes pretty much impossible). Sometimes it can be hard for a beginner to know if I need tailwind (for example against trainers who can use Crobat, I believe I always need to set it). TR teams are also a big threat, since garde does not have the power to ko all the setters together with Kartana. Hax can also be a danger when your plan is 2hkoing opponents, rather than ohkoing and you don't have fini. I believe the team has most of the tools to overcome these difficult situations though. Ince performs great in trick room, kartana does well even against speed trainers without tail wind and the team has enough bulk to allow maneuvering and forgive small mistakes. My losses are always terrible battles where I do everything wrong and I think the team has more potential than what I am able to do with it. It makes me wonder, how far a great player could go with Gardevoir!
Edit: I'm still not sure if Lando is the best choice for the last spot. He does what he's supposed to do well: Kill steels and fires, but otherwise he doesn't feel as strong as the rest of the team and his bulk is a bit less than I hoped for. Maybe tha's just in the nature of being the last pokemon, added to fill the weaknesses of the others though.

Lastly big Thank You to turskain, who got me into playing some tree, helped me get started and gave me lots of advice. Also to Eisenherz and Coeur for helping me get the Pokemon I wanted to use and everyone on the discord for discussing things!
Obv you know what you're doing lol so I'm not criticizing anything, just curious! Was the 52SpD a decision before hand or just the leftovers after the Manectric benchmarks you mentioned?
Been scheming on some new teams and was also thinking of Scarf Kart lol! Now, I'm leaning towards Z-Tailwind tho, I think... maybe Sash. After the streak ended, do you still stand by Scarf or is there something else you found yourself wishing you had?

PS: (Mega)Venusaur-4 is the Mon I hate most in the Tree lol and it and Gyarados are the only 2 Mons I'm always sure to have counters for!

Obv you know what you're doing lol so I'm not criticizing anything, just curious! Was the 52SpD a decision before hand or just the leftovers after the Manectric benchmarks you mentioned?
Been scheming on some new teams and was also thinking of Scarf Kart lol! Now, I'm leaning towards Z-Tailwind tho, I think... maybe Sash. After the streak ended, do you still stand by Scarf or is there something else you found yourself wishing you had?

PS: (Mega)Venusaur-4 is the Mon I hate most in the Tree lol and it and Gyarados are the only 2 Mons I'm always sure to have counters for!
They are basically leftovers, yeah. When I got the Kartana from Turska, it had about 90 evs in spdef and maxed speed iirc. I decided to readjust them a bit because with scarf I didn't need the maxed speed anymore and I found the threshold for killing mane in the attack, but I kept the rest of them in spdef, since it's great value (the lower the stat, the greater the value for defenses) and I guess I trust turskas judgement for spdef being worth investing in. (I just calced some random special attacks and the difference between having or not having the 52 evs invested is actually like 10% in damage, which is insane)
My experience with scarf Kartana has been very positive, so I'm definitely sticking with him on my team (and recommend him). I think the scarf + tailwind variant is probably a bit situational and dependent on the team though. He dies VERY quickly under special attacks though, so I believe having a partner that can profit from him "baiting" enemy attacks is a good idea.

They are basically leftovers, yeah. When I got the Kartana from Turska, it had about 90 evs in spdef and maxed speed iirc. I decided to readjust them a bit because with scarf I didn't need the maxed speed anymore and I found the threshold for killing mane in the attack, but I kept the rest of them in spdef, since it's great value (the lower the stat, the greater the value for defenses) and I guess I trust turskas judgement for spdef being worth investing in. (I just calced some random special attacks and the difference between having or not having the 52 evs invested is actually like 10% in damage, which is insane)
My experience with scarf Kartana has been very positive, so I'm definitely sticking with him on my team (and recommend him). I think the scarf + tailwind variant is probably a bit situational and dependent on the team though. He dies VERY quickly under special attacks though, so I believe having a partner that can profit from him "baiting" enemy attacks is a good idea.
I dig! After my post I started thinking about the Scarf + Tailwind set a little more and it getting KOd so quickly after setting TW could be the whole idea! Set TW then die to let in Typhlosion or Mega-Blastoise to spam Eruption or Water Spout respectively. Prob not the most consistent strat for Tree streaks but it's where my mind ended up lol!

Always end up looking at Kartana for Tree teams for being a Sacred Sword user anyways and the Scarf + TW set stood out to me. Thanks for the info, bud. Good luck in the next streak

PS: With AV, could always give Incineroar some Def investment to help balance out it's bulk vs those EQs you mentioned. Just 2 cents, nothing serious

I dig! After my post I started thinking about the Scarf + Tailwind set a little more and it getting KOd so quickly after setting TW could be the whole idea! Set TW then die to let in Typhlosion or Mega-Blastoise to spam Eruption or Water Spout respectively. Prob not the most consistent strat for Tree streaks but it's where my mind ended up lol!

Always end up looking at Kartana for Tree teams for being a Sacred Sword user anyways and the Scarf + TW set stood out to me. Thanks for the info, bud. Good luck in the next streak

PS: With AV, could always give Incineroar some Def investment to help balance out it's bulk vs those EQs you mentioned. Just 2 cents, nothing serious
When setting TW, getting kod on the same turn is usually helpful, however you'll need the defensive synergy to switch him out when that doesn't happen. As a purely sacrificial TW setter other mons, like cottonee or Whimsi would be better. The advantage in using scarf Kartana is that you can also use him to hit things when your team is not entirely reliant on TW.

On Incineroar the defenses are pretty much balanced due to having Intimidate in addition to AV. EQs are not something I'll want him to tank unless it's unavoidable though.

Hello, I was just playing this team for fun and I was surprised that I achieve 184 wins (supersingle) using a suboptimal incineroar set (is my starter so....no intimidate).

Incineroar (M) @ Firium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Outrage
- Flame Charge

I caught a jolly litten as a starter, the team tries to use this thing "with viability". If you try to use the team, I recomend using a better set.

Tapu Bulu @ Lum Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 220 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Synthesis
- Bulk Up
- Superpower

I choose this set to pair with slowbro, has good sinergy and resists with the other mons and the terrain is helpful in some situations. Probably stone edge better in this team (rockium-Z in this case better and incineroar can use other item like AV, pinch berry, etc....with a better ev spread). Lum berry helps with hax (freezes mainly).

Slowbro (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 20 SpA / 156 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam

The best mon in the team. If you see a mon that is fodder for slowbro (in the calculator you see the possible sets for each mon), you nearly GG the oponent.
No haxing crits with shell armor is nice (and scald= no freeze hax).

How I lose.

Oponent sen minior4. Switch incineroar in to slowbro. He shell smash and then explosion. I click scald because was an OHKO and I fear a second smash.
+2 252+ Atk Minior Explosion vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 102-121 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (minior ofensive)

+2 252+ Atk Minior Explosion vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 75-89 (37.1 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (minior meteor/defensive)
+2 252+ Atk Minior Explosion vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Slowbro: 113-133 (55.9 - 65.8%) (minior meteor/defensive)

Something is wrong, maybe a bug? Or just AI "change" to ofensive form if explosion is used? Slowbro take 113 HP damage, probably the answer to second question is "yes".

Oponent send florges. I see that can run petal dance in the turskain calculator and I switch into bulu. Bulu uses as a set up fodder and boosts at +2 or +3 with bulk up. I could be boost maybe one or two more, but not sure if this made diference.
Then AI send Mega venusaur. I use superpower and bulu faints with sludge bomb. Technically incineroar can win if choose the correct moment for use the Z move, but I don't find the correct between subs, synthesis and recoil and venu wins (with 0 synthesis I think, not sure). Then mega venu finishes my slowbro with gigadrain.

One battle that I win with hax (+3 o 4 similar battles)

If hydro hits I lose and only made 123 wins. I fear the CM set + Rest and click Scald without thinking about Mirror Coat.

Some threats.

-Fly spams mons like tornadus and pelipper specially with flyinium Z. Tornadus-I number 1 (battle 81) miss 3 hurricanes. Otherwise, I lose this battle. Well, he crits my incineroar with focus blast, but has a slightly chance to OHKO. Pelipper 2,3 and 4 are anoying. I see 2 times the set 2 with helmet.
-Mega venusaur. Slowbro can 1 vs 1 if is a full life and no grassy terrain active and Incineroar maybe can win if the Z is well played. Roserade isn't used fortunately.
-OHKO users can be anoying if have luck, of course. I remember vikavolt and snorlax doing work.
- Against mega charizard-Y stall the sun turns switching slowbro with bulu.
- Against magnezone and Gengar leads always click the Z with incineroar (because can be bright power/mega and are dangerous mons for bulu and bro).
- Tyrantrum lead. Use knock off with incineroar always. If is banded you can lose the speed tie and send Slowbro and mega. Spam slack off 4 times then (without calculator I probably don't make the play and lose).
- Etc. (not the best team anyway).

First atempt runing the team, I have less than 50 wins, I can't remember how I lose. But in the second....wow was very lucky I recognise.

Thanks to turskain calculator, impossible to do without that help.

Last edited:
Hi! I’m an ultra moon battle tree player and I use a lot of inspiration from this thread or straight up teams from the thread when playing. The team I took inspiration from for this streak, which is an ongoing streak of 400 wins, is lolnub’s team consisting of mega salamence, kartana, tapu fini, and snorlax. I really liked the synergy between salamence, kartana, and fini, with mence taking on fire and fighting types for kart, kart taking on bulky waters for mence, and fini covering every weakness on the frontline except fairy and rock. I also liked using snorlax because I hadn’t used him in doubles before and he impressed me with his great bulk on the physical and special side, his ability to take on trick room, and his ability to 2HKO many pokemon without much attack investment.
I used this team for a while with a few tweaks in evs (the most substantial one was much more defense and less attack on snorlax) as well as changes in movesets, like tailwind on kartana over smart strike, trick over ice beam on fini, and fire punch, heavy slam, return, and recycle on snorlax. However, I noticed the team’s weaknesses made it very difficult to use sometimes, and the fact that lolnub was able to reach over 800 wins with it amazes me. The team’s major weakness was fast pokemon, especially crobat, which can prevent kartana from tailwinding via taunt and threaten to put either of my leads to sleep. It also crits fini with cross poison way too often! Electric types were also a massive threat because they threaten a 2HKO on both my leads and usually outspeed them. Mence can barely touch them, Fini gets murked by electrics, snorlax is threatened with paralysis if misty terrain isn’t up, and kartana barely counts as a resist. They could be handled through tailwind, but kartana can be double targeted and quickly zapped before it’s able to get it off. I began to feel like snorlax wasn’t pulling its weight enough. Its special defense was good, but not good enough in the initial losing battles. It was also slow and wasn’t particularly useful against fast teams, as its bulk entices the AI to double target its partner while it can usually only 2HKO other pokemon in return.
In the first losing battle, which I would win 99 times out of 100, I was haxed ridiculously with a flinch and a double crit on fini and snorlax taking on moltres-1 and latias-1. In the second, I straight up lost to Kikujiro- I had no chance against all of his fast electrics, not to mention zapdos-2 dodging attacks left and right. In the second battle, I felt I could have easily won if I had something to take on electrics- snorlax sadly just wasn’t good enough.
I considered several options when deciding who should replace snorlax. Ideally, I would have something to take on trick room, preferably a ground type not weak to ice, grass, fire, or fighting so that I didn’t stack weaknesses but also gained an immunity to the dreaded thunderbolts and thunders. But such a ground type does not exist >:( except camerupt and numel, which are just bad. I considered gastrodon, but that stacks a grass weakness, storm drain isn’t needed for this team, and it’s pretty passive. I considered lighting rod users like alolan marowak, rhyperior, and raichu, but I felt they would be either too slow or too frail. Then, the answer hit me! Everyone’s favorite pink blob, clefable chansey, who is criminally underrepresented in doubles this generation (in the battle tree), would save this team. It packs higher defenses than snorlax, slow speed for trick room, and ways of mitigating its slowness with fun priority moves. It also has natural cure, which has saved me when I had to let it take a hit with ice moves or electric moves while misty wasn’t up. So that brings me to version 2 of the team!

1625636915197.png

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 140 Atk / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Flamethrower

We all know what this is capable of! It’s fast and bulky and strong. It’s not quite as good in doubles as in singles because it shouldn’t set up, but it gets the job done. One thing I noted is that I barely ever clicked flamethrower, but it did come in handy occasionally for mega metagross, steelix, and magnezone. I believe I came up with this EV spread but someone has probably thought of it before me. Here are some calculations-

140 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 165-195 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
140 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Honchkrow: 207-244 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
140 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus: 165-195 (107.1 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
116 SpA Aerilate Salamence-Mega Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blaziken: 156-186 (100.6 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
116 SpA Aerilate Salamence-Mega Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Passimian: 176-210 (100.5 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
140 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Darmanitan: 181-214 (100.5 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
116 SpA Salamence-Mega Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor-Mega: 180-212 (101.6 - 119.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
116 SpA Salamence-Mega Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Steelix-Mega: 92-110 (50.5 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116 SpA Salamence-Mega Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross-Mega: 82-98 (52.9 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
140 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Helping Hand Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jolteon: 139-164 (99.2 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO (not optimal)
140 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Helping Hand Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regice: 186-219 (99.4 - 117.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO (not optimal)

1625637112842.png

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect
- Tailwind

Kartana is good, but it wishes it can fit smart strike in its moveset somewhere for fairies and ice types. It also wishes it can take on electric types better, as it is a grass type (grass types beat electric types, right? Wrong.) I felt that beast boost was situational and couldn’t activate until after turn one, which is usually the scariest turn because you don’t know the sets and you haven’t secured an advantage yet. I considered using scarf kartana, but that still wouldn’t handle the troublesome thundurus and zapdos, and sash + tailwind was very handy. I do think that tailwind is mandatory for speed trainers and electric types, and protect is necessary for fake out and to hopefully get tailwind up, so I think it was correct to make some changes in version 3 of this team.

1625637279330.png

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 68 SpA / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Yes, I copied Eisenherz’s tapu fini spread and slapped a choice specs on it. But it works! Despite the lack of special attack investment, it still hits hard and 2HKOS or OHKOs most things. Modest finis aren’t easy to come by and I didn’t feel like changing the spread because it’s good for his zapfini team, which I have used before. Its bulk has also come in handy for electric types, as it can usually take one thunderbolt or thunder before retaliating. Misty terrain is a great counter to paralysis, blizzards, burns, and ice beams thrown at the frontline. The first three moves are standard but I wanted to test out trick, which did come in handy occasionally, such as for evasion spammers like regigigas and stat boosters like registeel. Is trick worth a moveslot over grass knot or ice beam? Maybe not, but it’s fun :P seeing cress-2 locked into specs double team will make your day.

1625637387080.png

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Ally Switch
- Helping Hand

Not a single doubles team on the leaderboard has chansey on it. How can this be allowed? Well, not anymore. Chansey conquers all most. The blob walls nearly every attack not named close combat, especially with a bold nature and HP investment, which differs from chanseys in singles play. One might think chansey is passive, but this is no ordinary chansey. The most selected moves here are ally switch and helping hand, which are incredibly useful for achieving OHKOs with a teammate or allowing chansey to take on attacks aimed at allies, such as a frozen beam aimed at mence, an electric bolt aimed at fini, or even a blast of focus aimed at kartana. I tried using heal pulse over ally switch at some point, but chansey is too slow to use it effectively. I have seismic toss on this set in case of taunt or chansey needing to 1v1 or even 2v1 something, which hasn’t come up yet. Knock off is very rare in the tree (I’ve only seen it on lickilicky), which is great for chansey holding on to its eviolite. Its speed tier is more useful than snorlax because it can still take on trick room teams while being able to outspeed even more mons during tailwind, hitting 142 speed, which outspeeds some decently fast mons like nidoking and toxicroak. Here are some examples of chansey’s bulk-
252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 259-306 (72.5 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 296-351 (82.9 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 262-309 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey on a critical hit: 302-356 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 122-144 (34.1 - 40.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 112-132 (31.3 - 36.9%) -- 73.5% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 158-186 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 128-152 (35.8 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Battle Videos-
Battle 130- GGHG-WWWW-WWXE-GY9N (Magnezone, Garchomp, Gallade, Altaria)
Magnezone is a massive threat because of brightpowder, thunder wave, and it possibly targeting mence or kartana. It crits fini here but kartana doesn’t flinch from chomper, making the game far easier. I was using snorlax over chansey here because the game was from a past streak.
Battle 357- Q93G-WWWW-WWXE-GY9Q (Dragonite, Crobat, Honchkrow, Togekiss)
Crobat can hypnosis or taunt- both are bad. It can also avoid being OHKOd by double-edge, and it doesn’t need its razor claw to crit cross-poison somebody. Fortunately, ally switch chansey allows mence to escape possible hypnosis
Battle 382- 2LFG-WWWW-WWXE-GY9T (Thundurus, Raikou, Regice, Cobalion)
I was sure I was going to lose this one! Thundurus can focus blast kartana or thunderbolt mence. Raikou can also attack either one. Ally switch chansey fails me on turn two, but then saves the game on later turns, allowing mence to win. It even got frozen but natural cure, which seems useless on a misty terrain team, kicks in. Have I mentioned electric types are a threat?

Threats :O
Most threats are the same as in lolnub’s writeup, and the team plays similarly. Electric types are still very difficult to deal with. Ally switch and tailwind help with them, but ally switch isn’t completely reliable- rarely, chansey will be targeted with a thunderbolt or even doubled up on during an ally switch and another teammate will have to eat it. You had better hit flamethrower + sacred sword on magnezone or else something is catching some yellow magic. I briefly tried using dragon claw on mence over protect to help with electric types, but it didn’t help much, and protect was more useful. The speed trainers were very annoying, especially noivern, weavile, crobat, and electrode, as they either threaten taunt, fake out, or OHKOs. Get tailwind up somehow or face the consequences. Flinches were annoying but rare- watch out for scarfchomp’s fire fang and mega sceptile’s rock slide, mostly. I will never forgive that damn moltres-1 for going on a flinch-crit rampage. Trick room could be threatening, but nearly all setters can be 2 shot by mence and kartana, and fini and chansey deal with it rather well. Other than that, the team is pretty good and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a hyper-offensive team with great type synergy and a backup pink blob (chansey offense, anyone?)
HOWEVER...
I have made some changes to the team. While looking for backup ground-types to deal with electrics, I noticed excadrill, which has fantastic type synergy with papa mence and fini, resisting poison, electric, rock, dragon and fairy. Mence is immune to Its earthquakes, which destroy electric types. Its iron heads destroy fairies, and mold breaker can target the rotoms in addition to being a more useful ability than beast boost. Rock slide terrifies me due to its accuracy, but it is the best coverage option and I don’t think I’ll click it often. Although it is weak to water and can’t defeat water types with ice beam aimed at mence, fini and chansey deal with that very well. Chansey’s bulk will also allow it to take eqs from my own excadrill if needed. Therefore, I have decided to replace kartana with excadrill. I have also made some other changes, such as changing mence’s nature to hasty, which I think is a more useful nature as its physical bulk is already so high. I replaced flamethrower with tailwind, as driller’s earthquake allows me to take on steels with more ease, and tailwind can allow excadrill and fini to make up for their lackluster speeds. I added more special attack on fini to deal better with articuno-2 (this thing once went for sheer cold turn one on mence instead of ice beam as I swapped to fini- seriously??)

Here is version three of the team-

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Tailwind

More attack was added to guarantee the OHKO on flygon, politoed, and offensive latios with double-edge, as well as the OHKO on jolteon and regice-1 with helping hand boosted double-edge.

1625637933717.png

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Earthquake KOs nearly every electric type and most fire types, despite the spread damage penalty. Iron head shreds fairies and flinches are nice. Rock slide is for thundy and zapper, mostly.
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 182-216 (110.3 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 162-192 (101.2 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Vanilluxe: 176-210 (98.8 - 117.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Whimsicott: 176-210 (105.3 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 138-164 (87.8 - 104.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (guaranteed after a hyper voice)
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 82-98 (49.6 - 59.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO (pray for no miss)
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Helping Hand Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile-Mega: 145-172 (100 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Helping Hand Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 144-170 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

68+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Helping Hand Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Articuno: 93-111 (47.2 - 56.3%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
124+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Helping Hand Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Articuno: 99-117 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
124+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 204-240 (94.8 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
124+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Steelix-Mega: 170-204 (93.4 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Ally Switch
- Soft-Boiled
- Helping Hand

(Unchanged)

Thank you for reading! I would love some feedback from the community on possible improvements. I think the team (with excadrill) has potential for at least a thousand wins, which is my goal. Big shoutout to lolnub for inspiration for the team.

Last edited:
Thank you for reading! I would love some feedback from the community on possible improvements. I think the team (with excadrill) has potential for at least a thousand wins, which is my goal. Big shoutout to lolnub for inspiration for the team.
Aye congrats on the team! I don't have any input for improvements, but you're at least on the money about Mence + Drill being a good duo, as it saw moderate amounts of success in VGC (albeit as a Sand team). Maybe pop in the discord linked on the main post if you're really hankering for some help.

I hope you can hit the big 1k as well. It's always nice to see people enjoying the classics :]

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
It was long overdue, but the leaderboard has finally been updated!!

In addition, since I've been getting a lot of questions about it, and more posts that didn't respect it, I added more details to the rule about requiring a replay for the leaderboard. To be clear, that rule has been there from the very beginning of the thread, so I'm not sure why it seems to have fallen under the radar lately, but hopefully it's clearer and more visible now!

Relating to this, latios777, I'm very sorry to say I can't add your streak to the leaderboard just yet since you didn't include a replay. I'm hoping you saved the battle and simply didn't share it in your post since this seems to have been quite a lucky run, but otherwise, I'm afraid it cannot qualify for a leaderboard spot.

I hope you keep at it regardless, it's a pretty original team!

Code is FRUG-WWWW-WWXE-HXKH
Update: Streak over, hopefully leaderboard eligible. Did the whole thing without the calculator or teamcheck cuz it was taking too long and felt inorganic.
I'll edit the team to look better later but it was:

Landorus-T / Jolly / 252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP / Item: Choice Scarf / Rock Slide, Earthquake, Knock Off, Superpower

Kartana / Jolly / 252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP/
Item: Focus Sash / Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, Detect, Smart Strike

Volcarona / Timid / 252 SpAtt 252 Spe 4 HP / Item: Firium Z / Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Overheat, Psychic

Salamence / Jolly / 252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP / Item: Salamencite / Earthquake, Double-Edge, Dragon Dance, Outrage

Fairly straightforward aggressive team, usually just outgun them so climbing is efficient. Lost to classic trick room, prob could've doubled into the Cresselia. 50/50 on which would trick room because no referencing, but good fun all around, a good challenge. Thank you all.
DF628E1C-A03C-4CD8-9318-7DB41CCCC37D.jpeg

Code for the loss on 245 is:
6MEG-WWWW-WWXE-H3LF

Last edited:
Update: Streak over, hopefully leaderboard eligible. Did the whole thing without the calculator or teamcheck cuz it was taking too long and felt inorganic.
I'll edit the team to look better later but it was:

Landorus-T / Jolly / 252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP / Item: Choice Scarf / Rock Slide, Earthquake, Knock Off, Superpower

Kartana / Jolly / 252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP/
Item: Focus Sash / Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, Detect, Smart Strike

Volcarona / Timid / 252 SpAtt 252 Spe 4 HP / Item: Firium Z / Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Overheat, Psychic

Salamence / Jolly / 252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP / Item: Salamencite / Earthquake, Double-Edge, Dragon Dance, Outrage

Fairly straightforward aggressive team, usually just outgun them so climbing is efficient. Lost to classic trick room, prob could've doubled into the Cresselia. 50/50 on which would trick room because no referencing, but good fun all around, a good challenge. Thank you all. View attachment 359748

Code for the loss on 245 is:
6MEG-WWWW-WWXE-H3LF
Why run such a niche move like stabless Psychic on Volcarona if you don’t cross-reference anything and thus wouldn’t know what niche you’re filling? Why not just Giga Drain instead? You’d be far from the first person to use an oddball attack, but pretty much everyone else makes its purpose well known.

252 Atk Landorus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cresselia: 84-100 (43 - 51.2%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cresselia: 69-82 (35.3 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Barring a lucky crit you were pretty fucked in that instance; you weren’t KOing Cress with your leads and a fair number of the AI setters would bring this same outcome, especially Mega Slowbro.

Trick Room trainers are all over tree and it’s eyebrow-raising that it took over 200 battles to reach this outcome, especially since only one of your pokes has Detect and your backline has no means of stalling it out. You’re loaded with 4x weaks and one or two common enemies bends over most of your team.

Taking 45 battles to encounter a trainer type that would give you lots of problems in general, in a combination you can’t overcome, is more likely. Reaching 50 wins with nearly nonexistent protect, one teammate running a mostly terrible moveset (even in the spirit of hyper offense that Volcarona is not good) and above all else looking nothing up, ever, is quite possible.

Coincidentally your initial team post was right at 200 wins. Taking that into consideration, the most logical outcome from a Children’s Saturday Morning Cartoon Mystery perspective is, your streak literally began at battle #201 and reached #245 before its natural end.

Unfortunately, 44 wins is not leaderboard eligible.

Why run such a niche move like stabless Psychic on Volcarona if you don’t cross-reference anything and thus wouldn’t know what niche you’re filling? Why not just Giga Drain instead? You’d be far from the first person to use an oddball attack, but pretty much everyone else makes its purpose well known.

252 Atk Landorus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cresselia: 84-100 (43 - 51.2%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Cresselia: 69-82 (35.3 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Barring a lucky crit you were pretty fucked in that instance; you weren’t KOing Cress with your leads and a fair number of the AI setters would bring this same outcome, especially Mega Slowbro.

Trick Room trainers are all over tree and it’s eyebrow-raising that it took over 200 battles to reach this outcome, especially since only one of your pokes has Detect and your backline has no means of stalling it out. You’re loaded with 4x weaks and one or two common enemies bends over most of your team.

Taking 45 battles to encounter a trainer type that would give you lots of problems in general, in a combination you can’t overcome, is more likely. Reaching 50 wins with nearly nonexistent protect, one teammate running a mostly terrible moveset (even in the spirit of hyper offense that Volcarona is not good) and above all else looking nothing up, ever, is quite possible.

Coincidentally your initial team post was right at 200 wins. Taking that into consideration, the most logical outcome from a Children’s Saturday Morning Cartoon Mystery perspective is, your streak literally began at battle #201 and reached #245 before its natural end.

Unfortunately, 44 wins is not leaderboard eligible.
What? Lol. Are you serious? How do I prove I used those pokemon the whole way? The previous run I got to 179, I get fairly consistent runs with this team. Do I need replays of every fight to be leaderboard eligible? I can show you the 1000 hours I have played on ultra sun if you want proof of how many trials it took.

Also psychic is what I used because I already have Kartana and thus no need for a grass move. Psychic deals great neutral chip damage across the board, has a chance to lower SpD, and also revenge kills many fighting types that would kill Kartana.

I am confused on the rules. Please elaborate as to why I am not leaderboard eligible. I did not have much trouble with other Trick room teams on this run. To borrow your children's mystery analogy, why would I have a better team and switch at 201? I have provided all the evidence I have, and you have only provided speculation. This was the best run I've ever had.

Thank you for your advice on my team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)