Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 212 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast

Running just the tiniest bit of Spe for uninvested Skeledirge(well 12, 2nd tiniest.) Not sure what I took out of though(not Atk, needed for 4/0 Chi-Yu ohko.) Anyways, really fun set. Takes care of lower SpD(that's why SpD>HP investment, plus the stat difference is huge.) Also reflects stuff w/ Mirror Coat, while a dark special attacker faces Play Rough. Maintains some fat on the physical side. Tera Fire, w/ or w/o blast, is great. Volcarona totally failed to hurt this thanks to a Giga Drain resistance, and Liquidation took it to its sash. Regenerator is wonderful. Maybe my only complaint is the SR weakness w/ fire, but that's mild. A++

Drifblim @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Minimize
- Baton Pass
- Strength Sap
- Shadow Ball

Spe to reach 230 after Unburden, for +1 Baxcalibur. Rest in physical bulk because, even w/ def as the lowest stat, that's what Drif is for imo. Strength Sap is great, people seem too unprepared for it, hence part of why I'm 8-2(not lots of games, but the wins have not tended to be close to losses. Also I've done some casual.) MiniPass is annoying for the opponent and the main thing though, Shadow Ball is still good STAB, though Taunters may well resist. Unfortunate tera type from natural catch, not raid. But it did pay off when I wanted Dark neutral while still taking Body Press....Often don't utilize/don't need to utilize BP so considering a 2nd attack.

Annihilape @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Vital Spirit
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Rage Fist
- Encore

Very new, but Espathra and Revavroom didn't seem to work on my team, and I think any two viable mons w/ ok synergy can fit, since the core 4 have done so well(sans Bax, but maybe just from lack of bringing since I love Drif, Arb, and Momola.) Vital Spirit for Loom, but mainly Hippo. I think I'm ok w/ no Defiant(I mean I have that, but trained this.) Ghost Tera for Rage Fist, also was what I had(that, fighting, or dark.) Drain Punch helps keep alive for Rage Fist, as I don't use Revival Blessing. Seed Bomb for Hippo and Rotom-W. Encore, um, also for Hippo. Even 'slow' it seems a good move. As for Spe, didn't see much but base 70s, max or high Spe. But outpacing Loom seems wholly unnecessary, while Cloyster probably smashes w/ sash so I can't outspeed. I want the bulk much more, even if this didn't have Rage Fist. Great Trick switch in(if scarf, which should be like 99%. of tricks.) This did happen vs a very obvious Rotom-W(Switched in on Arboliva.)

Baxcalibur @ Lum Berry
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drago Claw

Used to be dark, caught an electric for fewest weaknesses possible. Also takes steel, which they can use vs base form. Lum is just kinda there, I can max to be T-wave immune, and I recently put in an anti-sleep measure. I may look into lo. Fairly regular move,s I hope. Outrage seems worse w/ potentially any # of steels running around, and it's not loaded dice for Icicle Spear. Crunch>EQ is more from when it was dark, but I do have grassy terrain. Shame to not hit Tinkaton though.

Arboliva @ Leftovers
Ability: Seed Sower
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Strength Sap
- Mirror Coat

Full SpD cause of Strength Sap. Definitely the best mon on here I can put Lefties on, so it gets that special item slot. This has been really good, mainly being a loss(of mon not game, I definitely won that one) to crit once. Otherwise stays pretty healthy w/ 2 healing moves, terrain, and lefties. Terrain does NOT lower Earth Power BP thankfully, so that's very strong coverage. Say for Glimmora. Great vs. Garganacl even w/ type weakness to Body Press. Rock Tera cause at the time couldn't handle another ghost type's set of weaknesses(in fact I still can't cause I put in Annihilape.) It resists poison, fire, and flying, all base form weaknesses. Mirror Coat again because it can potentially take more from special attacks once it gets going, this has definitely come in handy. Like vs. special Pult.

Florges @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Chilling Water
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

The other new mon, from the event Mimi/Florges/Zard raids. I actually JUST trained it for the Zard raid, but then I thought why not? Amazing special bulk, EQ is weakened in terrain for the tera, and I have two Strength Sappers to take on physical stuff very well, generally. No ability for singles really smarts, though. Aguav cause Sitrus was taken, I didn't really know who to give pinch to, but this seems to get chipped down slower(so more likely to hit a low enough value, but not die.) Maybe. Anyways, regular CM set w/ Chilling Water to shore up low physical durability. Also for coverage.

So there. I'm doing pretty good, lots of teams can't get around Drif, Arb, or Momola. I think I always bring at least Arbo or Momola(Drif is great, but can only join w/ Arb cause it's seed.) Part of that should be from lack of ruins and Paradoxes(in fact, I had Iron Hands and Valiant over Drif and Arb per a suggestion, but went back by my own and suggested thinking when they were banned.) I may well change next series....or who knows? Maybe instead of lifting it, they'll ban more. Remains to be seen. My Tera types from raids and changing really help, as do my access to some Ability Patches(re: Momola.) My biggest challenge is probably Iron Defense mons BESIDES Garganacl. Also when to use Bax. It's 600 BST and electric, so I feel like I should keep it, but I'm not finding the right times to bring it. I may replace w/ a Corviknight answer, as they don't use Atk and reflect Strength Sap and Chilling Water anyway. And physical means even Fire Tera Blast is paltry, while Annihilape needs to Encore it. Another Iron Def mon I immediately had to quit on was Kingambit. But they probably don't run that much. SR is an issue, another strike against Bax. I hope someone likes this, maybe even uses it/similar. It's been good to me. Considering SItrus Drif and Grassy Seed Arboliva, to make Drif able to be brought independent of Arb.

Last edited:
:Drifblim: :Arboliva: :Baxcalibur: :Alomomola: :Florges: :Annihilape:

Alomomola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 212 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast

Running just the tiniest bit of Spe for uninvested Skeledirge(well 12, 2nd tiniest.) Not sure what I took out of though(not Atk, needed for 4/0 Chi-Yu ohko.) Anyways really fun set, takes care of lower SpD(that's why SpD>HP investment, plus the stat difference is huge.) Also reflects stuff w/ Mirror Coat, while a dark special attacker faces Play Rough. Maintains some fat on the physical side. Tera Fire, w/ or w/o blast, is great. Volcarona totally faied to hurt this thanks to a Giga Drain resistance, and Liquidation took it to its sash. Regenerator is wonderful. Maybe my only comlaint is the SR weakness w/ fire, but that's mild. A++

Drifblim @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Minimize
- Baton Pass
- Strength Sap
- Shadow Ball

Spe to reach 230 after Unburden, for w/e is 229. Rest in physical bulk because, even w/ def as the lowest stat, that's what Drif is for imo. Strength Sap is great, people seem too unprepared for it, hence part of why I'm 6-2(not lots of games, but the wins have not tended to be close to losses. Also I've done some casual.) MiniPass is annoying for the opponent and the main thing though, Shadow Ball is still good STAB, though Taunters may well resist. Unfortunate tera type from natural catch, not raid. But it did pay off when I wanted Dark neutral while still taking Body Press....Often don't utilize/don't need to utilize BP so considering a 2nd attack.

Annihilape @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Vital Spirit
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Rage Fist
- Encore

Very new, but Espathra and Revavroom didn't seem to work on my team, and I think any two viable mons w/ ok synergy can fit, since the core 4 have done so well(sans Bax, but maybe just from lack of bringing I love Drif, Arb, Momola.) Vital Spirit for Loom but mainly Hippo. I think I'm ok w/ no Defiant(I mean I have that but trained this.) Ghost Tera for Rage Fist, also was what I had(that, fight, or dark.) Drain Punch helps keep alive for Rage Fist, as I don't use Revival Blessing. Seed Bomb for Hippo and Rotom-W. Encore, um, also for Hippo. Even 'slow' it seems a good move. As for Spe, didn't see much but base 70s, max or high Spe. But outpacing Loom is wholly unnecessary, while Cloyster probably smashes w/ sash so I can't outspeed. I want the bulk much more, even if this didn't have Rage Fist. Great Trick switch in(if scarf, which should be like 99%.) This did happen vs a very obvious Rotom-W.

Baxcalibur @ Lum Berry
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drago Claw

Used to be dark, caught an electric for fewest weaknesses possible. Also takes steel which they can use vs base form. Lum is just kinda there, I can max to be T-wave immune and I recently put in an anti-sleep measure. I may look into lo. Fairly regular moves I hope, Outrage seems worse w/ potentially any # of steels running around, and it's not loaded dice for Icicle Spear. Crunch>EQ is more from when it was dark, but I do have grassy terrain. Shame to not hit Tinkaton though.

Arboliva @ Leftovers
Ability: Seed Sower
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Strength Sap
- Mirror Coat

Full SpD cause of Strength Sap. Definitely the best mon on here I can put Lefties on, so it gets that special item slot. This has been really good, mainly being a loss(of mon not game, I definitely won that one) to crit once. Otherwise stays pretty healthy w/ 2 healing moves, terrain, and lefties. Terrain does NOT lower Earth Power BP thankfully, so that's very strong coverage. Say for Glimmora. Great vs. Garganacl even w/ type weakness to Body Press. Rock Tera cause at the time couldn't handle another ghost type's set of weaknesses(in fact I still can't cause I put in Annihilape.) It resists poison, fire, and flying, all base form weaknesses. Mirror Coat again because it can potentially take more from special attacks once it gets going, this has definitely come in handy.

Florges @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Chilling Water
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

The other new, from the even Mimi/Florges/Zard raids. I actually JUST trained it for the Zard raid, but then I thought why not? Amazing special bulk, EQ is weakened in terrain for the tera, and I have two Strength Sappers to take on physical stuff very well, generally. No ability for singles really smarts, though. Aguav cause Sitrus was taken, I didn't really know who to give pinch to, but this seems to get chipped down slower(so more likely to hit a low enough value but not die.) Maybe. Anyways, regular CM set w. Chilling Water to shore up low physical durability. Also for coverage.

So there. I'm doing pretty good, lots of teams can't get around Drif, Arb, or Momola. I think I always bring at least Arbo or Momola(Drif is great, but can only join w/ Arb cause it's seed.) Part of that should be from lack of ruins and Paradoxes(in fact I had Iron Hands and Valiant over Drif and Arb per a suggestion, but went back by my own and suggested thinking when they were banned.) I may well change next series....or who knows? Maybe instead of lifting it they'll ban more, remains to be seen. My Tera types from raids and changing really help, as do my access to some Ability Patches(re: Momola.) My biggest challenge is probably Iron Defense mons BESIDES Garganacl. Also where to use Bax. It's 600 BST and electric so I feel like I should keep it, but I'm not finding the right times to bring it. I may replace w/ a Corviknight answer, as they don't use Atk and reflect Strength Sap and Chilling Water anyway. And physical means even Fire Tera Blast is paltry, while Annihilape needs to Encore it. Another Iron Def mon I immediately had to quit on was....I'm using it in game but it stil escapes me now. Bisharp evo. But they probably don't run that much. SR is an issue, another strike against Bax. I hope someone likes this, maybe even uses it/similar. It's been good to me.
Nice !

Here's the team I've been piloting on cart, currently sitting in Ultra Ball rank.

Lots of fun here; Normal Tera Punk Rock Choice Specs Boomburst is very silly, if not predictable. Switching from elec/poison to normal has also been a fun way to take Shadow Balls for free at times.

The ghost-tera Curse Garganacl is really nasty if they have no prep or experience with it, and Salt Cure has been really nice at dealing with bulkier nonsense. I've run into a decent chunk of Dondozo's that become salted often, even if they then Fissure me.

Defensive Garchomp has been my surprise success: there's so many physical attackers that eating rough skin and rocky helmet helps wear them down for someone to clean up, namely scarf Meowscarada. Dragon Tail helps knock away people trying to set up on me.

Maushold is here because I love Maushold, 10/10 best new Pokemon design, and if the opponent has no ghosts on team preview he can do some real damage. Not the greatest Pokemon by far, but it brings joy to my heart to see a mouse family hit someone 8-10 times.

Red Card Offensive Glimmora, similarly, has scored some surprise hits and keeps my opponent off their toes. The EVs started out as an accident but I like them, helps take the hit and gets me some surprise damage in.

I find that in a lot of matchups I bring Glimmora, Garganacl, and Meowscarada/Toxtricity, with the others varying depending on team previews.

Hi all! Lurker on and off over the past few years and decided to get a little more involved with this generations Battle Stadium Singles...

BSS Season 1 - Initial Cart Team (pokepast.es)
Rental Code: H359N0

This is the team I used on Cartridge to hit Masters today. 24-13 record so I'm by no means an expert. A few of the losses were things I wasn't aware or wasn't expecting (destiny bond Mimikyu, first impression Haxorus, thunderbolt Farigaraf), others I played poorly. You know how it goes!

As for the team rundown:

:Meowscarada:
This thing was amazing for me. I chose adamant with scarf for more power. If preview allows, I generally like to lead with this and then u-turn if I don't like the matchup or I want to scout. I most commonly saw jolly on opposing ones, so if they also have scarf you have to be careful or you will lose yours. Scarf mainly helps with Dragapult and outspeeding common slower scarfers like Gholdengo, both of which we OHKO with knock off. The speed investment is for oustpeeding any random scarf Garchomps (never saw one though). Surprisingly the HP investment saved me a few times. This thing doesn't need too much more explanation. I like this set personally. Sucker Punch is sometimes missed, but more often that not you end up okay. Trick doesn't really work imo because you kill most things you would commonly want to trick like Garganacl, Dondozo, Clodsire. I think low kick could be considered for Kingambit and Baxcalibur. Tera-grass for more powerful Flower Trick if you need it.

:Gholdengo:
This is something you have to prepare for, it's on so many teams. I honestly didn't use it too much though. This thing is the team's main answer for Breloom, which can otherwise be a big problem. I like air balloon specifically for Breloom since they have to hit you to Bulldoze. It also helps with Glimmora, who has trouble touching you if it's active. Modest for damage. Recover and nasty plot did not see too much use from me but are occasionally useful. I'd consider thunderbolt or t-wave as other options. Speed is for out speeding postive nature max speed base 60s, the rest dumped into HP except for 4 in def and spdef to get another stat point. Tera-ghost for more power.

:Dragonite:
I think everybody knows this thing, and yet it still delivers. Typical adamant max attack / max speed. Tera-normal for espeed. I like earthquake over any of the punches, but up to you and your team needs. Heavy duty boots just in case they get hazards up so you can keep multiscale. Enough said, there's a reason this thing works so well.

:Skeledirge:
Quite the tanky guy! He lives so many physical hits. I have some spedef to live modest gholdengo shadow ball before I tera. This never happened on my climb, but the spedef definitely doesn't hurt. Usually if I bring this I will be tera-ing it. Once you are a fairy type it's almost impossible for physical attackers to break through you, and many special attackers too. Wisp cripples and/ or lets you fire off Hexs. I considered shadow ball for more immediate damage, but Hex has worked pretty well. Torch song is self explanatory for boosting when you get the chance. I generally bring this if they have heavy physical hitters/setup sweepers.

:Hydreigon:
I have always liked this pokemon and used it with success in Gen 8 BSS. It is faster than most things, hits like a truck, and has pretty good bulk. One nasty plot makes this thing almost guaranteed to kill any non-unaware enemy, and allows for a free draco if needed. Being slower than Volc and Garchomp hurts but tera helps with this. I like steel for powering up flash cannons to take out fairys like Azumaril, or the ever present Garganacl. Levitate works so well with steel-tera too. It also makes it so opposing dragons and things like meow can't hurt you as much. Breloom still wrecks you with mach punch though. This thing can often take teams unprepared, in particular if you lead with it, and it is a great wall breaker.

:Annihilape:
I'll be honest, this set is taken straight from OU. And it still works! It has won me several games outright. It's incredibly bulky and with rage fist it can take over games. 20 speed for out pacing neutral max speed base 60s, and then the rest in bulk. This thing eats up gholdengo and dragapult shadow balls which are pretty common. Water-tera is very useful for making would be supper effective hits neutral. Mimikyu is one that comes to mind. Rage fist is the star of the show and can snowball quickly (for those of you who don't know, each time you get hit Rage Fist power goes up 50!). Rest is useful in many matchups.

As for general notes: this team is very weak to fairys, but I didn't see too many in my climb, and most of them can be dealt with in some way (Azu, Sylveon, Grimmsnarl). Yawn can be a nuisance. Sash-Breloom can be a huge problem, I almost always bring Gholdengo just in case. Garganacl can also be a large problem, especially the tera-flying one. Annhilape can 1 on 1 with it or any tera Garganacl (if you don't tera-water), but in both my games this went to time out (won one where I had more pokemon left, lost the other because we both had one pokemon left but he had more HP, which admittedly I did not know was a thing, I thought we would draw). Garganacl was probably the guy I saw the most. Gholdengo, Breloom, Dragapult, Kingambit, Bax, Rotom-Wash/Heat, and Meow were everywhere. Quaquaval, espathra, dragonite, dondozo, clodsire, palafin were other common things I saw.

Anyways, that's the team! This is my first time doing a write up like this; hopefully there's some useful info in here for you. I'm sure this team could be improved, but I wanted to ladder with it to get some experience and see what was being used.

Hi all! Lurker on and off over the past few years and decided to get a little more involved with this generations Battle Stadium Singles...

BSS Season 1 - Initial Cart Team (pokepast.es)
Rental Code: H359N0

This is the team I used on Cartridge to hit Masters today. 24-13 record so I'm by no means an expert. A few of the losses were things I wasn't aware or wasn't expecting (destiny bond Mimikyu, first impression Haxorus, thunderbolt Farigaraf), others I played poorly. You know how it goes!

As for the team rundown:

:Meowscarada:
This thing was amazing for me. I chose adamant with scarf for more power. If preview allows, I generally like to lead with this and then u-turn if I don't like the matchup or I want to scout. I most commonly saw jolly on opposing ones, so if they also have scarf you have to be careful or you will lose yours. Scarf mainly helps with Dragapult and outspeeding common slower scarfers like Gholdengo, both of which we OHKO with knock off. The speed investment is for oustpeeding any random scarf Garchomps (never saw one though). Surprisingly the HP investment saved me a few times. This thing doesn't need too much more explanation. I like this set personally. Sucker Punch is sometimes missed, but more often that not you end up okay. Trick doesn't really work imo because you kill most things you would commonly want to trick like Garganacl, Dondozo, Clodsire. I think low kick could be considered for Kingambit and Baxcalibur. Tera-grass for more powerful Flower Trick if you need it.

:Gholdengo:
This is something you have to prepare for, it's on so many teams. I honestly didn't use it too much though. This thing is the team's main answer for Breloom, which can otherwise be a big problem. I like air balloon specifically for Breloom since they have to hit you to Bulldoze. It also helps with Glimmora, who has trouble touching you if it's active. Modest for damage. Recover and nasty plot did not see too much use from me but are occasionally useful. I'd consider thunderbolt or t-wave as other options. Speed is for out speeding postive nature max speed base 60s, the rest dumped into HP except for 4 in def and spdef to get another stat point. Tera-ghost for more power.

:Dragonite:
I think everybody knows this thing, and yet it still delivers. Typical adamant max attack / max speed. Tera-normal for espeed. I like earthquake over any of the punches, but up to you and your team needs. Heavy duty boots just in case they get hazards up so you can keep multiscale. Enough said, there's a reason this thing works so well.

:Skeledirge:
Quite the tanky guy! He lives so many physical hits. I have some spedef to live modest gholdengo shadow ball before I tera. This never happened on my climb, but the spedef definitely doesn't hurt. Usually if I bring this I will be tera-ing it. Once you are a fairy type it's almost impossible for physical attackers to break through you, and many special attackers too. Wisp cripples and/ or lets you fire off Hexs. I considered shadow ball for more immediate damage, but Hex has worked pretty well. Torch song is self explanatory for boosting when you get the chance. I generally bring this if they have heavy physical hitters/setup sweepers.

:Hydreigon:
I have always liked this pokemon and used it with success in Gen 8 BSS. It is faster than most things, hits like a truck, and has pretty good bulk. One nasty plot makes this thing almost guaranteed to kill any non-unaware enemy, and allows for a free draco if needed. Being slower than Volc and Garchomp hurts but tera helps with this. I like steel for powering up flash cannons to take out fairys like Azumaril, or the ever present Garganacl. Levitate works so well with steel-tera too. It also makes it so opposing dragons and things like meow can't hurt you as much. Breloom still wrecks you with mach punch though. This thing can often take teams unprepared, in particular if you lead with it, and it is a great wall breaker.

:Annihilape:
I'll be honest, this set is taken straight from OU. And it still works! It has won me several games outright. It's incredibly bulky and with rage fist it can take over games. 20 speed for out pacing neutral max speed base 60s, and then the rest in bulk. This thing eats up gholdengo and dragapult shadow balls which are pretty common. Water-tera is very useful for making would be supper effective hits neutral. Mimikyu is one that comes to mind. Rage fist is the star of the show and can snowball quickly (for those of you who don't know, each time you get hit Rage Fist power goes up 50!). Rest is useful in many matchups.

As for general notes: this team is very weak to fairys, but I didn't see too many in my climb, and most of them can be dealt with in some way (Azu, Sylveon, Grimmsnarl). Yawn can be a nuisance. Sash-Breloom can be a huge problem, I almost always bring Gholdengo just in case. Garganacl can also be a large problem, especially the tera-flying one. Annhilape can 1 on 1 with it or any tera Garganacl (if you don't tera-water), but in both my games this went to time out (won one where I had more pokemon left, lost the other because we both had one pokemon left but he had more HP, which admittedly I did not know was a thing, I thought we would draw). Garganacl was probably the guy I saw the most. Gholdengo, Breloom, Dragapult, Kingambit, Bax, Rotom-Wash/Heat, and Meow were everywhere. Quaquaval, espathra, dragonite, dondozo, clodsire, palafin were other common things I saw.

Anyways, that's the team! This is my first time doing a write up like this; hopefully there's some useful info in here for you. I'm sure this team could be improved, but I wanted to ladder with it to get some experience and see what was being used.
I stole this team 2 days ago and really like it. I actually was thinking of using the same Anhilape set on BSS, but unfort, don't have the necessary cash or resources to get a playable team atm, so I really want to thank you for creating this team.

Gholdengo + Hydreigon is a really fun combo. I was a fan of the HydraSlash combo in earlier generations and Gholdengo + Hydreigon kinda does the same thing, but better since Gholdengo can block status, is faster, and has recover which is nice in a lot of matchups. I really like that it also completely destroys that Substitute + Curse + Pain Split Mimikyu set that I've seen pop up a few times. Also Nasty Plot -> Make It Rain is really strong, OHKO'ed a few of the Garganacls that I've ran into even after Terrastalizing to a different type like Normal or Fighting.

Hydreigon's pretty fun too, the set you're using is nice since it can bait a lot of bad matchups like Meowscarada and Garchomp to stay in, only to get OHKO'd by the follow-up Draco Meteor / Flash Cannon.

Here's another Dondozo + Garganacl team ft. 4 offensive mons I made to reach Master rank.

https://pokepast.es/8369b6f3abeda237

A few notes:
  • Dondozo and Garganacl pretty much cover most offensive threats. Ghost Garganacl is there as a general Dragapult/Breloom check and status absorber, while Dondozo sets up on most other physical setup sweepers.
  • Choice Scarf Meowscarada is for general Speed control and Hydreigon/Rotom-W check (Play Rough), which otherwise would give problems to the defensive core. It's also a good lead with Trick and U-Turn.
  • Baxcalibur and Scizor is the offensive win condition and should carefully be utilized once you have scouted the opponent's threats . Both have great matchups against Mimikyu and Breloom with Tera Water Icicle spear and Life-Orb boosted Bullet Punch. Scizor can lure in Corviknight with Swords dance + Tera Electric, while Baxcalibur avoids most priority with Tera Water.
  • The offensive core struggles to break through Unaware cores, so I put NP+Destiny Bond on Gengar to act as a surprise killer. It worked a few times, I used it over other coverage options as Gengar doesn't really need the fourth slot to be effective. Tera Dark is to catch Espathra types off-guard.
  • NP Gholdengo could give this team trouble especially because Meow lacks a Dark move, so you have to play carefully around it and figure out which set it's using.
Code: TESWLY

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Hi, I know this causes some awkwardness for the teams already posted, but I have moved this thread into the Past Formats subforum so we can have a clean new thread for SV instead found here. I would simply move the posts but posting dates make this awkward, so please feel free to post the team again in the new thread. Otherwise I will make sure these teams are added in the post after the OP so that they're still easily found in the SV thread.

Hi,

I thought I'd share the team I've used this season. I haven't really had time to build due to moving house, so I picked a team I really liked from Nouthuca created by Kurosaki which has had success S28 and S29. I'll go over some of the creators thoughts as well as my own from laddering.

https://kurosakipoke.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/05/01/185702

https://pokepast.es/0891ff2b10c633df

What I tend to look for in a competitive team is broken elements and Zacian + Calyrex-S, being the most broken combination in S12 and broken in different ways was an easy choice. Of course this combination does have an issue with Ditto reverse sweeping especially on Calyrex-S, but you can mitigate that in a variety of ways, putting the probability in your favour. Then generally the rest is support and matchup oriented picks, since you should be bringing restricted pokemon most games due to their general power and brokenness and this is how I would approach building too. Then aim to minimize coin flip matchups by just having better constructed teams than the opponent with stronger pokemon.

:calyrex-shadow: :zacian-crowned: :zapdos: :garchomp: :porygon2: :seismitoad:

Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Astral Barrage
- Expanding Force
- Draining Kiss
- Trick

A pretty common bulky Calyrex-S spread, the bulk there is mainly for helping dealing with Zacian-C, you are only 25% chance to get OHKOed by Max Adamant Behemoth Blade and two Astral Barrages will win the 1v1. The speed allows you to outspeed our own Zacian-C if copied by Ditto. Astral Barrage will KO after Stealth Rock and Quick attack from Zacian-C. The speed outspeeds stuff like Adamant +1 Speed Cinderace and the rare +1 Naganadel. Expanding force is for the Porygon2 Matchup, Max Mindstorm spam into expanding force (if it comes to that and they max P2) will win you that 1v1, especially if rocks are up you cannot recover stall the max. Draining Kiss is good for Max Fairy vs. Tyranitar and Urshifu if needed and then Trick for fat. It should be noted in the Ditto Matchup, if you position with Stealth Rock, you can break the Ditto sash and then you guarantee win the 1v1 or you take the 50/50 with scarf, either ways you are in favourable probability because of existence of sash set even if you get into a bad position where ditto comes in on calyrex-s.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Just the most busted pokemon in the format. The bulky Zacian-C set with Quick Attack in order to fight Ditto. This way even if Ditto copies Zacian-C after you get a kill, it cannot sweep due to Quick Attack + Stealth Rock into Astral Barrage. A good way to use it is actually to set it up to Behemoth Blade by spamming rock tomb from lead. Wild Charge for Ho-oh, CC for Ferrothorn.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Brick Break
- Stealth Rock

Lead Garchomp set which matches up well vs. Turn 1 Dynamax such as from LO Zapdos since you can just rock tomb spam and then go into Calyrex-S or Zacian-C. You are faster than Landorus-T/Zapdos too. It can be kind of difficult to pivot this pokemon in certain matchups such as the Hippowdon MU but thats how it be sometimes no pokemon is perfect. Stealth Rock for breaking sashes and setting up for lategame sweeps, Brick Break just beats down pesky screen spammers.

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Roost

An interesting Zapdos set that I ended up liking quite a lot but not using that much. The defence is for a guaranteed live of Zacian-C's Play Rough, the SpDef allows you to tank LO Yveltals Max Darkness 87.5% of the time. Very good against pokemon like Lugia which at the end of the timer you can frustrate with T-Wave Substitute Roost and generally good against Fat compositions which cannot deal with Zapdos on time. Also strong against Zacian-C + Quagsire, a common composition used to stop opposing Ditto since Zapdos can just substitute against Quagsire for free and become a menace to deal with.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play
- Defense Curl / Thunder Wave
- Recover

A weird set that I ended changing to Thunder Wave since it was just putting in more work. The idea behind defence curl is for fighting opposing Zygarde. Zygarde really cannot deal with this set at all. It is also decent into the Zacian + Calyrex mirror since you can do a lot of work to opposing Calyrex. I like Thunder Wave since I think it sets up the rest of the team better overall even if it does make you weaker to certain Zygarde sets.

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Seismitoad is a pretty good answer to Hippowdon lead with obviously having Stealth Rock to help set up the restricted pokemon. Rock Tomb is there for Shedinja. This pokemon can actually be pretty dangerous as a lead dynamaxer which gives you that option vs. certain compositions, of course Chansey walls this mon infinitely, but not every stall has a Chansey or they do not bring it which can put you so far ahead in early dynamax if they have brought TTar as a Calyrex-S check. Neither Ho-oh or Eternatus really want to deal with this pokemon dynamaxed and you can get enough chip to let your pokemon in the back put in work. Calyrex/Zacian-C do not need to Max so you can just max T1 if you want.

Other stuff:

I agree with the selection said by Kurosaki, just use stealth rock leads depending on matchup with restricteds in back.
I know this thread is probably dead, but I just want to say that this team was a huge help in getting to master rank one last time in this final, everlasting season. I am currently making a version of my own to use for getting the masterball ribbon in the future. The spreads for Zacian & Calarex are brilliant and garchomp showed me the power of stealth rock XD. Thank you for this great team. hopefully it will continue to be useful well into the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)