Resource Battle Stadium Singles Team Bazaar

Sup. I rarely post. But am usually in the BSS Discord under 'Mr.Kai' you've probably seen me around.

I tend to attempt to build teams that answer the metas most common threats and to that end, I've created something that's proven pretty effective at doing so while also featuring a mon that's often overlooked for that one restricted slot.

Here's a glance + rental code.

View attachment 367623

I'll briefly go over the spreads and explain my decisions.

Lugia @ Kee Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Recover

This bird turned out to be an absolute monster. The speed evs allow her to outspeed jolly urshifu and timid volcarona. 76 spa evs are allocated to give some oomph to our attacks after one or two cms with the rest in hp for general bulk. Kee Berry turns lugia into an unbelievable wall, allowing her to win 1v1 vs even wild charge zacian and 2ko with earth power after the +1 proc. Assuming we are multiscaled. Her absurd bulk even allows her to cm up in front of yveltal (which we outspeed) and win 1v1. Earth Power was chosen as our secondary attack mainly to damage magma storm/taunt heatran. Which might otherwise give the team trouble in situations where toad wasn't chosen. I'd like to note that while heavy duty boots is an option, it usually isn't needed. Kee allows lugia to win vs things like offensive landorus, groudon and cinderace.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Darkest Lariat

This thing walls about 90% of the physical meta and compliments lugia nicely. Straight up beating out critbears (particularly the choiced ones), zygarde and tons of other threats 1v1. In some circumstances, it can even take on things that hit it super effectively. Darkest Lariat is its overall best move imo. Allowing it to boost along with things like ID skarm/ferro and coil zygarde and beat them 1v1 easily. Rest is chosen over lunge because lunge isn't really needed. And frankly, rest gives you the ability to just sit there and wall stuff the entire game if they aren't prepared.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Yawn
- Wish
- Protect

This is the cal-s answer. But aside from that, having the ability to sleep things, wish pass AND spam stabbed foul play is pretty absurd. Pretty self explanatory mon. Everyone knows how good this thing is.

Seismitoad @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpA / 212 SpD
Modest Nature
- Grass Knot
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Sludge Wave

This is the water immune and kyogre answer. Aside from that, it also shuts down some of the most common offensive kyogre partners, especially zapdos. Preventing volt switch pivots and slinging out potential scald burns while also synergizing with almost every other member of the team is invaluable. The coverage and offensive presence is also pretty nice.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 124 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

This thing is amazing. Answering the most used restricted mon in the meta extremely well. We always 2ko zacian with gyro ball while it would take zacian 4 wild charges to put us down. Additionally, we always live modest +2 252 SpA xerneas' moonblast and kill it back with a combination of gyro ball and shadow sneak.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 44 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psyshock

This is our stallbreaker. Evs allow us to outspeed bulky eternatus (particularly the ones evd to heavily into defense to better answer cb urshi and tar) and trick them as they toxic or sub/cosmic. Our hp makes chanseys seismic toss a 4ko and our defense allows us to shrug off quagsire earthquakes and similar powered attacking moves that stall employs to chip away at teams. Simple strat. Trick, boost and rest until they struggle, trick your scarf back as they die and either sweep or trick the next mon. She also has utility vs bulky offense tricking things like bulky fini and porygon 2 making it much easier to deal with them later.
---‐---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats it really. The team is pretty rewarding to play and given the broad spectrum each team member covers, matches are usually already decided by the time one mon dies on the opponents side.

I'll probably post more teams since I've been building like crazy this season. Below is the pokepaste if you're interested in testing it on showdown. Enjoy, comrades.

https://pokepast.es/d4e63d9854a0da3e
Said I'd post more, so here are 2 other teams I've been using this series. Seeing as we have 2 more months of this, I figured they are worth sharing. Both are more straightforward in concept than the Lugia post, so I'll keep things short by posting rental codes and pokepaste links with brief synopses.

Team 1
2021090620125200-B8FAEF4816CAC2B76D11869B05CA7601.jpg

https://pokepast.es/5cb68b4f224f5bb4

This is webs offense. Utilizing the bulky adamant zacian that always wins the mirror match even without webs. Moveset is tailored to break threats that give the others trouble. Namely stuff like ferro/zapdos/pex for kart. Psychic fangs is also cool for taking out screens. Rest of the team is pretty straight forward. Cm landorus-i is a monster and breaks through defensive teams along with banded urshi.

Team 2
2021090620170600-B8FAEF4816CAC2B76D11869B05CA7601.jpg

https://pokepast.es/916fd18a03acf64b

This is a bulky offense featuring life orb eternatus. You've got pivots, a stall breaker. Fwg type core and offensive checks to the top restricted threats. Fini does a fantastic job at dismantling most stall cores. Eternatus is modest with enough speed to outspeed stuff like chomp and cinderace with some bulk to reliably switch into resisted offensive threats like urshifu-r and zapdos. Tons of damage and really easy to pivot into and grab a kill or turn to click recover.

Those are the teams for now. Have fun.

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Made a few changes to my Eternatus team and I think it’s pretty fun so I’ll make an update.
:Eternatus: :Umbreon: :Urshifu: :Landorus-Therian: :Wobbuffet: :Quagsire:

-
Dargoon (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Sludge Bomb
- Dynamax Cannon

Same old Eternatus set. Not much to say here that wasn't said in my original post. Same ideas apply, we just gave him some a slightly different supporting cast.

-
Uh oh!! (Umbreon) @ Utility Umbrella
Calm Nature
- Yawn
- Foul Play
- Protect
- Wish

Umbreon does a fantastic job of shoring up many of this team’s weaknesses. She’s a defensive answer to the likes of Kyogre, Yveltal, and especially the Caly duo, and she’s not particularly worried about gothitelle. The more I play with this thing, the more I love it. If you want, you could consider dropping yawn for taunt or snarl, depending on your preference, right now I like yawn, but as I experiment more with this team setup I might swap her fourth move around. We’ll see.

-
Yeetus (Urshifu) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

Urshifuck stall, k?

-
Dropping Fish (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb
- Stone Edge

Very reliable scarfer. Great for shutting down a lot of mons. Mamoswine’s surge in popularity might mean I find another scarfer eventually, but as of right now, his positive matchups against the likes of Heatran and being a good Zacian revenge killer still give him a lot of value.

-
Oh No!! (Wobbuffet) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shadow Tag
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

Wobbuffet is an extremely underrated trapper, getting this thing in against something like Kyogre or Zacian can be checkmate. Of course, his reliance on retaliation moves for damage make him harder to use than gothitelle, but the ability to immediately remove a huge threat from the game is extremely valuable. Wobbuffet is capable of securing your victory in 1 turn with proper play. Encore and Safeguard round our set out, taking advantage of Pokémon tending to spam their setup moves in front of wobb, pair this with our banded Urshifu, and you have a recipe for some massive damage no matter what your opponent does. Wobb is the definition of high risk, high reward.

-
Setup Fodder (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Recover

Even with Wobbuffet being able to instantly remove Zacian, it’s nice to have a consistent check to her. Quagsire is also capable of stopping a huge swath of sweep attempts, and pairs extremely well with Wobbuffet’s encore. Forcing a mon to spam their setup move is nice, and having a Pokémon that will ignore their boosts when the encore expires is amazing. Quagsire can literally turn wobbuffet’s encore lock into free turns to setup stockpile, toxic something, or fish for a burn to enable another teammate that doesn’t want to take a ton of damage.

And that’s the team. Some of it is pretty standard, but overall I think this is quite a good team. It does take some getting used to, as learning how to properly take advantage of Wobbuffet’s talents is a big part to making this team work, but overall I had a blast with this build. Enjoy.

- https://pokepast.es/d4f79972af897660

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Day 1 Series 11 team - Lapdog + other GoodStuffs (aka super basic)
:Lapras-Gmax: :Zacian-Crowned: :Landorus-Therian: :Zapdos: :Tyranitar: :Rillaboom-Gmax:

-
THE LAP (Lapras-Gmax) @ Light Clay
EVs: 144 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Sparkling Aria
- Thunder
- Sheer Cold

- Extraordinarily basic Lapras set. The EV spread given attempts to maximize power while making lapras as bulky as possible, and a bit of speed for potential mirror matches. All the moves are pretty self explanatory, Freeze dry and sparkling aria for STAB, thunder to smack Kyogre and sheer cold to cheese past walls. Basic stuff

-
THE DOG (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

- Do I really have to say stuff? Big bad wolf is here to huff and puff and cut everything down.

-
THE DOG 2 (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
- Fly/Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

- this is a fun set. The bulk allows Landorus to avoid the 2 hit KO from an unboosted Zacian behemoth blade, and the attack investment allows him to have a good shot at OHKOing with EQ, OHKO is guaranteed if Zacian has taken even a little chip damage. If you don’t want to airstream sweep you can slap rocks on instead for extra team support. Very fun set and surprisingly effective both offensively and defensively.

-
THE BIRD (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Heat Wave

- oh look who it is

In all seriousness anyone who’s played BSS at all knows how good this thing is. I shouldn’t have to explain why he’s here.

-
THE ROCC (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

- our cal S answer. Spread allows tar to take 2 max Starfalls, even without Aurora veil, and our attack investment guarantees an OHKO with crunch, even if Calyrex is dynamaxed. Rock blast helps deal with subs, EQ is always nice, and fire punch sends ferrothorn packing. Overall a very nice set imo.

-
THE MONKE (Rillaboom-Gmax) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

- while lapras is a nice Kyogre check, it never hurts to be as safe as possible against it, and thus we have ol reliable rillaboom here to make sure the whale has as hard a time as possible sweeping. Knock off and High horsepower are great for annoying common switch ins like Zapdos, and knock of is particularly nice to remove boots if paired with stealth rock on Landorus. U-turn is for momentum keeping and a good smack on opposing monkes.

- And that’s the team, fairly basic, but quite effective. enjoy.

- https://pokepast.es/d17c4e9a1d4c9d21

Last edited:
dumping my s10 teams I used throughout BSS Masters which I got 2nd place in, the wonderful people in charge seem to have a habit of bringing back series whenever they feel like it so I may as well post juuuuuuust in case :^)
:zacian: :tapu-fini: :ferrothorn: :gothitelle: :landorus-therian: :tyranitar:
https://pokepast.es/d4ecb8909beaf38b
:calyrex-shadow: :landorus-therian: :urshifu: :rillaboom: :zapdos: :porygon2:
https://pokepast.es/9c5669c7edd7d307
:pyukumuku: :zapdos: :gothitelle: :tapu-bulu: :tyranitar: :calyrex-shadow:
https://pokepast.es/118b19c9ada71f1e
:tyranitar: :kyogre: :rillaboom: :zapdos: :pheromosa: :mamoswine:
https://pokepast.es/43d08c8f1670b60f
luisin will be posting the teams I used to win BSLT (s8) in samples soon™ as that tournament completed right as s9 started and I didn't have the chance to share, now back to your regularly scheduled s11 posting :pimp:

Last edited:
:Blissey: :Cinderace: :Regieleki: :Landorus-Therian: :Necozma Dusk Mane: :Amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/aa11c7790feb0993

Almost Master Ball, 28:23 but if I win and lose in equal measure even, w/ the way points work, will get there. Many losses were from old versions of the team, this exact one has been better. I especially like Regieleki for the damage output(I ohkod a maxed Zard w/ T-Bolt,) and Necrozma is generally a better legend than I had been using imo. Regieleki's Electro Ball and Amoonguss' Stomping Tantrum are likely the most unique, they are for slow mons(P2, Lapras, Ferro, etc.) and ground weaks(to some extent. Eternatus, Zacian, etc.) respectively. I'm sold on Electro Ball but Tantrum could be poison STAB or even Toxic.

Edit: Icon not showing for Necroma DM. I tried w/ hyphen too, both places and just 1st. So yeah, sorry.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone! I just ended a two month break on competitive mons last night (long story short, a health issue really messed me up for 2 months), and it seems to have gone well, because I went from Pokeball Rank 5 to the top 1000 on the ladder!

The team seems to be working well, but its got some issues I need to iron out in the next build, so I figure I might as well share what got me back into laddering (besides my health co-operating as of recently lol). Feel free to use it, I'll talk a bit about the point of the team, and some of the issues it faces.

Team Code

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/866ac8c86c095bec

The Point Of This Team

This team is centered around setting up Dusk Mane Necrozma for a sweep. The catch is that set... Calm Mind with maximum physical defensive investment?! It may sound odd, but believe it or not, about 20% of Dusk Mane Necrozma use Stored Power according to Pokemoem! So, why would you let Necrozma's beautiful attack stat wither away, and use it over other Stored Power Pokemon?

The key, lies in how with Prism Armor, Weakness Policy, and Max Steelspike, Dusk Mane Necrozma builds up boosts FAST, and its got the bulk to pull it off, and a shockingly decent Special Attack stat of base 113. Add all of this up, and Dusk Mane Necrozma is capable of pulling off surprise sweeps on stuff like a Porygon2 Foul Play, setting up on defensive Zapdos, and otherwise surviving crazy shit that's even beyond Necorzma's usual standards!

Combine that with cute stunts like restoring more health in the sun (useful when you get hit by a Max Flare!), and you got an incredibly dangerous, bulky Dynamax sweeper on your hands! Initially, this team was really gun-ho on supporting Necrozma with Rillaboom providing insurance against Earthquakes for example, but I actually gravited a bit away from that on my run, and added Blissey and Toxapex over Cinderace and Rillaboom, and making my Zapdos more defensive.

I hesitate to call this a stall team per se, but Blissey has been very helpful against Kyogre (whose power can cause problems early on setting up with Necrozma), and Toxapex is something I often use when I bench Necrozma (usually against very Yveltal support heavy teams). As for why I chose Blissey over Chansey, is because I really didn't want Calyrex-Shadow Rider to dunk on me for free, and I liked the idea of setting up on Porygon2! I currently have Serene Grace becuse Tri Attack hax has saved me, but I'm pretty tempted to go to Natural Cure. Toxapex and Blissey are also sooorta how I deal with Xerneas. While Xerneas doesn't like Necrozma, its harder to check it with Necrozma than usual since its specially based, so I haze with Toxapex if possible.

Zapdos has also been an excellent secondary Dynamax option, as you'd expect. I went with Kee Berry, since I wanted Rocky Helmet on Toxapex so I could spam Haze more easily against Zacian and other physical mons (though I'm considering going back to Black Sudge). Kee Berry is lovely with Dynamax, it really helps with checking stuff like Wild Charge Zacian!

Landorus-T and Urshifu are honestly just sorta there at the moment. The Landorus-T may seem a bit odd, but its a bit of an artifact from when this was actually a Zacian focused team. Expert Belt Grass Knot does like 90%ish to Quagsire, which is nice, but hasn't come up often because Quagsire doesn't do too hot against this team in general. This team really wants Stealth Rock, not only to help against Sash Urshifu, but also because I often BS my way out of my Yveltal issue by getting it into +3 Max Steelspike KO range via Stealth Rock damage. Urshifu is just the good old sash counter stuff.

Issues and Fixes I'm considering

So this team still has some big issues despite it getting a decent first night run. Yveltal is chief among them: Blissey is NOT enough to handle that thing, as Life Orb Max Darkness can cleave right through it, and I don't have any good switch-ins otherwise. Choice Band Urshifu is also a huge problem, because I have 0 good switch-ins to boosted Wicked Blows like that! Also, last night I saw a LOT of paralysis spam stuff flying around the high ladder (including the unlwecome return of Klefki, who I saw no less than 5 TIMES last night!).

Because of this, I'm considering making some changes to the team's structure. Some Pokemon I'm considering for Yveltal include Tyranitar, CM Tapu Fini, and bulky Sylveon. I'm also considering trying dual screen support later, as Dusk Mane Necrozma's bulk under screens is beyond bonkers! On a similar note, I might try out Healing Wish with Dusk Mane Necrozma, because there's been a few times where Necrozma has survived absurd stuff but just barely missed the clean sweep because it was red on health.

So to be clear, this isn't a perfect team or anything, it's still a work-in-progress. But, I figure since it got a lot of wins fairly quickly, that this was worth sharing. I'll share better, more updated versions of this team if I can get them to work too!

Last edited:
Had a boring evening so I went to DragonWhale's twitter likes and looked at some of last season's top teams.
Here's some of the ones with rental codes.

Rank 1: https://maskpoke.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/05/070654
Team: :zacian: :charizard: :urshifu: :chansey: :quagsire: :dragapult:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/dee147973f37f5db
Rental: 0000 0001 M0J6 7J

Rank 11: https://rokuro0303.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/100510
Team: :kyogre: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :urshifu: :mimikyu: :chansey:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/e3566c2d1a55a330
Rental: 0000 0006 Y5VJ 1D

Rank 16: https://satooo4128.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/180109
Team: :dialga: :mimikyu: :urshifu: :tapu fini: :metagross: :dracozolt:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/30ea3c3aecaffc19
Rental: 0000 0005 4GGH YC

Rank 17: https://shigumaaa.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/174543
Team: :calyrex-ice: :blaziken: :tapu fini: :regieleki: :mimikyu: :ferrothorn:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/36c7dc26b1273281
Rental: 0000 0001 K2C5 CM

Rank 22: https://alice30-poke.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/100642
Team: :zacian: :rhyperior: :dragonite: :urshifu: :zapdos: :lapras:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/52e7ff7454efae1e
Rental: 0000 0007 FT8M YW

Rank 24: https://hipoke.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/155552
Team: :ho-oh: :darmanitan-galar: :seismitoad: :ditto: :dragonite: :zapdos:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/a58ca152a207db4f
Rental: 0000 0008 0DNG NG

Rank 32: https://varopoke.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/192225
Team: :kyogre: :hippowdon: :dragapult: :ferrothorn: :urshifu: :zapdos:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/f1a871c7fdd94db1
Rental: 0000 0001 PXVG XL

Rank 74: https://rukiapoke.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/205804
Team: :necrozma-dusk mane: :zapdos: :mimikyu: :moltres-galar: :dracovish: :diggersby:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/4caa4b9da9168049
Rental: 0000 0004 YL15 DT

Rank 78: https://siyanap.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/12/01/211227
Team: :yveltal: :toxapex: :blissey: :ditto: :dragonite: :rhyperior:
Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/d55fb98010884130
Rental: 0000 0003 YBFF YK

You might notice some of the mons have missing EVs.
I didn't fix anything on the pastes since I figured you guys would just be using the rental codes.

Last edited:

DerpySuX

Photon was throwing around Zekrom + Celesteela ideas in the discord server and so I decided to make a Zekrom team. I gotta say, this is one of my favorites I’ve made in a long time.
:Zekrom: :Celesteela: :Grimmsnarl: :Ditto: :Dragonite: :Hippowdon:

This team aims to be a heavy offense team that isn’t stopped by stall staples such as Quagsire and Toxapex thanks to Zekrom being our restricted legendary. With Teravolt ignoring Quagsire‘s unaware, and electric STAB scaring the hell out of toxapex, Zekrom is perfectly poised to thrash defensive cores.

-
SIMPLY SHOCKING (Zekrom) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Shadow Claw

- This thing is a monster. One dragon dance is all he needs to mow through the vast majority of teams you’ll find on ladder. As mentioned earlier, thanks to terravolt, not even Quagsire can stop you with his unaware ability. Zekrom is also absurdly bulky under dynamax. With a solid defense stat coupled with an excellent typing for the meta at large, resisting the main moves used by top dogs Zacian and Zapdos, Zekrom can prove to be a real pain to take down. Once this guy gets going, there’s very little that can stop him.

-
TEAM ROCKET (Celesteela) @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

- I was pleasantly surprised by how well Celesteela did. You’d think that with Zapdos dominating the meta, it would be a rather lackluster choice, but Steela’s great bulk allows her to take at least one massive hit and fire back hard. Even if Steela goes down, forcing something like Zapdos to dynamax helps a great deal with getting Dragonite or Zekrom going later, so it’s not all bad. Overall I really enjoy Steela. She brings a very unique style of offense to the table.

-
WAKE ME UP (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt/Spirit Break/Sucker Punch

- Grimmy is as always an excellent screens support mon. I forewent an attacking move on this set to pair Thunder Wave and Taunt together. If you don’t want to do that however, Spirit Break and Sucker Punch are great options to give Grimm some offensive presence. T wave is useful for slowing down the likes of Kyogre, NDM, Zacian, and Calyrex. While taunt can stop mons from using their support or setting up on you. This pairs incredibly well with Dragonite. Ensuring he won’t take a boosted hit while setting up his dragon dance. Overall grimmy is great and a key player in getting our threats in place to cause maximum damage.

-
SUSSY BAKA (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
Sassy Nature
- Transform

- Not too much to say about Ditto. He can copy something like Zacian or a boosted mon to counter sweep, and against stall you can potentially annoy the opponent with their own status or hazard stacking. Basic Ditto things.

-
FAT DRAGON (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Ice Punch

- Initially I was pretty iffy about Dragonite on this team, but I have come to love what he brings. Multiscale in combination with screens gives him an absurdly easy time setting up, and makes triggering weakness policy very easy as well. Dragonite can potentially seal you a win in a single turn if all goes according to plan. Overall he is an excellent backup to Zekrom that performs admirably in a vast array of scenarios.

-
FATASS (Hippowdon) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Slack Off

- Physically defensive Hippowdon is an excellent stopgap to Zacian and other mons like NDM. Forcing them out with yawn and sticking around to harass them all game with slack off and his excellent bulk. He can also provide stealth rock support to elevate our sweepers threat level even further. While he does have to be careful around special attackers, Hippowdon brings what very few mons can to the team, and overall is a great stopgap that fits well on offensive teams.

And that’s it. I think this team actually has some serious potential, and I’m interested to see what you all think of it.

- After getting some more matches in, I realized that zekrom’s damage output is perfectly fine without Lorb, and what he really needs is the ability to get that dragon dance consistently. As such I have swapped the item to lum berry, and I have updated the pokepaste accordingly :)
- https://pokepast.es/4eb89f8656180ae0

Last edited:
Hello, here's some of Season 25's (December 2021) top teams.

Rank 1: https://shar965.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/02/163635
Team: :Ho-Oh: :Dragapult: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Fini: :Seismitoad: :Ditto:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/1f6e939befb62c99
Rental: N/A

Rank 2:
https://tsukinekamiya.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/01/134821
Team: :Zacian-Crowned: :Dragonite: :Quagsire: :Porygon2: :Mamoswine: :Ditto:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/03af25bd1cbd68c8
Rental: 0000 0005 G6T7 VR

Rank 5:
https://kazuo-pkpz.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/01/230907
Team: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Fini: :Porygon2: :Dracozolt: :Urshifu:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/77992c97f4a98764
Rental: 0000 0003 CP34 M4

Rank 7:
https://shigumaaa.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/01/165521
Team: :Xerneas: :Dragapult: :Quagsire: :Chansey: :Thundurus: :Celesteela:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/9b8d75ad805aa23a
Rental: 0000 0001 MYL3 MG

Rank 13:
https://harubrog16878.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2022/01/03/152206
Team: :Yveltal: :Hippowdon: :Nihilego: :Ferrothorn: :Mimikyu: :Blaziken:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/17a8f6f1036cdf08
Rental: 0000 0007 32CM HY

Rank 15:
https://hipoke.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/01/163717
Team: :Ho-Oh: :Tapu Fini: :Heliolisk: :Rhyperior: :Dracovish: :Ferrothorn:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/a747a88ad5be5944
Rental: 0000 0007 NKNF 2V

Rank 17:
https://shoging1.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/01/01/230857
Team: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Heatran: :Landorus-Therian: :Urshifu: :Tapu Fini: :Ditto:
Paste: https://pokepast.es/f7f2b0a325778e15
Rental: 0000 0002 CFHH 42

The rest can be found here, since Nouthuca hasn't been compiling posts since like November.

DerpySuX

Updated my Zekrom team. I think this version is enough of a change and improvement to warrant making another write up. I stepped away from the hyper offense angle and added a couple defensive pieces to make the team as a whole a little more consistent. This drastically improved the long term results of the team. The team still isn’t perfect, but I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out.
:Zekrom: :Celesteela: :Grimmsnarl: :Ferrothorn: :Dragonite: :Chansey:

The team still has the same basic idea of the original team, it’s centered around the Zekrom + Celesteela combo that Photon inspired me to build around, but this time I’ve added some bulk to help against other offensive teams packing things like Eternatus and Calyrex that are difficult to out offense with the setup I’ve built around dragon offense.

-
SIMPLY SHOCKING (Zekrom) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Shadow Claw

Nothing has really changed about the Zekrom set. In the initial team, I used life orb to elevate Zekrom’s already high damage output to simply extreme levels, but after further testing discovered that the consistency offered by Lum Berry is much more useful for getting him in place to break through those stall cores he’s meant to. Lum berry means he’s no longer worried about Swampert or Hippowdon yawning or a scald burn from Toxapex or Quagsire. An alternative for the fourth move is Dual Wingbeat for Max Airstream and a way around sash counter from the likes of Cinderace and Urshifu. Personally I have no concrete answer, I just prefer the defense drop of max phantasm making it easier to bust past walls, and the nice hit on Calyrex and Mimikyu should bolt strike be too risky to go for.

-
TEAM ROCKET (Celesteela) @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

I absolutely love Celesteela on this team. I’ve found that with an actual defensive core on this team, people are often likely to assume this is a defensive set as well. Which helps a ton with getting a meteor beam and max airstream up. Of course this set will have a tough time against things like chansey, but this is more akin to a bait mon on this team. If you can trick your opponent into thinking this is a defensive set, that will provide all the opening Celesteela needs to take at least something down. Aside from that, Celesteela provides a great max option against teams Zekrom doesn’t want to use max against, and drawing in Zapdos for Zekrom to set up on is always a nice thing.

-
WAKE ME UP (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Same Grimmy set initially featured on the team. Forgoing offensive moves in order to get our threats into as good a position to set up as possible. It takes a bit of time to get used to this set but I still believe it is incredibly useful and an essential part of this team. You can always drop one of thunder wave or taunt for something like sucker punch or spirit break, but the utility offered by both moves is something I don’t like passing up on when he’s supporting such monstrous threats anyway. Even something as silly as ensuring ferrothorn gets an iron defense off can go a long way.

-
THORNY PAPA (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Leech Seed
- Body Press
- Protect

With the original team I ended up noticing 2 major things. Firstly, ditto was a huge problem if it copied Zekrom. Secondly, Zekrom struggled mightily with breaking through ferrothorn, especially if carrying iron defense. To remedy this, I simply added a ferrothorn of my own. I have tools to handle ferrothorn in dragonite’s fire punch and Celesteela’s flamethrower, as well as my ferrothorn having the advantage on any ferrothorn without iron defense. Bring Zekrom and ferrothorn is my go to against teams with ditto, and if I keep ferrothorn above a certain health threshold, I can even beat ditto if he copies my own ferrothorn. This is of course inconsistent because of critical hits and the fact that ferrothorn has to remain healthy enough for this encounter to go his way, but it is something I find useful nonetheless. Regardless, ferro’s main job is to stop ditto from immediately running through my team after copying Zekrom, and at that he is immensely reliable.

-
THICC BOYS (Dragonite) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Dual Wingbeat
- Fire Punch

Same concept as before, multiscale and screens give Dragonite an immensely easy time setting up. Weakness policy is a natural pairing with this as a means of making Dragonite even more threatening. In conjunction with dynamax, multiscale and screens mean Dragonite can proc weakness policy at minimal hp loss, making at the very least the first dragon dance almost risk free. This ease in setting up is what led me to use Dragonite over other options like Garchomp or salamence. This set is an excellent compliment to Zekrom, either softening up the opposing team or cleaning up what’s left after Zekrom has blasted through them. In matchups where Zekrom can struggle (most notably against Landorus), Dragonite can use his great bulk to get up multiple dragon dances, and often force the opponent to proc weakness policy in attempting to take him down, allowing him to then break through the opponents team. Without question, Dragonite is one of my favorite parts of this team. Incredibly scary and able to build a lead with amazing consistency.

-
WADDLE DEE (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Not much to say about this set in all honesty. I noticed I was struggling with shadow rider and other special attackers, so chansey was a natural consideration. Of course with seismic toss as her sole source of damage, she is incapable of doing much to shadow rex, but thunder wave slows caly down to where Zekrom and friends can pressure him greatly. Rocks support is always nice, and then soft boiled and seismic toss are relatively self explanatory for chansey to do chansey things. Not the most interesting set but very important to covering some key threats.

And that’s it. I think this team is really fun to use and also decently good. Enjoy :)

- https://pokepast.es/2e1121978d484043

DerpySuX

My series 12 team - Calamity
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Yveltal: :Gastrodon: :Toxapex: :Cinderace-Gmax: :chansey:
This team focuses on supporting the rock solid core of Necrozma Dusk mane and Yveltal as well as possible. Blending the powerful offense of Yveltal, Cinderace and Dusk Mane with the unwavering defense of Chansey and Toxapex. Gastrodon also makes an appearance to ensure Kyogre won’t get in their way.

-
HEAVY METAL (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Dragon Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Psychic Fangs

This set is really fun. It’s a pretty common set as far as I know but just in case you haven’t seen it yet, here’s how it works.Dusk mane has just enough speed investment to outrun timid Yveltal after a dragon dance, attack investment isn’t really needed, since DM’s attack stat is so high already, and on top of that we’re attempting to grab multiple boosts. Because of this, we dump the rest of our EVs into physical defense in order to be able to set up on the queen of the format, Zacian. Psychic fangs is taken over photon geyser for better synergy with dynamax, retaining the physical designation, and thus retaining the boosts attained by dragon dance. This set is especially useful against the dreaded cosmic power Eternatus, as you will be able to boost alongside it, and the moment it hits you with mystical Fire, you’ll be able to run through it with ease.

-
L O D (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Taunt

A very standard Yveltal set, but very effective nonetheless. Yveltal is a top tier dynamax abuser with STAB airstream and STAB aura boosted max darkness making a potent combination. Heat wave is nice to stick it to Zacian and other annoying steels that don’t mind your STABS (though this is a relatively short list), and taunt keeps him safe from the likes of thunder wave, yawn, and toxic from their respective users. You could swap taunt for sucker punch if you want to, however, as Yveltal’s sucker punch is incredibly powerful, even when uninvested.

-
SLUGGER (Gastrodon-East) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Recover
- Counter

I love this thing so much. Gastrodon has proven an invaluable Pokémon for stopping sweepers from getting to far against this team. If you’re unsure about what to lead with against your opponent, Gastrodon makes a fine lead, able to almost always get a meaningful trade. Of course gastrodon’s main job is being a switch in to Kyogre, specifically specs variants, and at that he is immensely reliable. Storm drain forces Kyogre to hit Gastrodon with his weaker moves, and because of this we are able to load up on physical defense that allows us to switch into a few physical threats more easily. Scald assists in this by spreading burns with decent consistency. The true coo, however, is countercoat. These moves are invaluable, turning Gastrodon into a much less passive wall. If Gastrodon gets set up on, no matter. Simply recover back to full, take the hit with sash, and delete your attacker from the game. Because of this emphasis on using the sash though, it’s important to be smart when sending Gastrodon in, as the opponent intelligently breaking his sash will make life a lot more difficult, if you can afford to, send Gastrodon in on a revenge kill to ensure the sash stays intact.

-
SO TOXIC (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

While generally passed over in favor of mons like Swampert and Quagsire, who can set rocks and handle Zacian more consistently respectively, Toxapex still outstrips almost every other bulky water in the game in terms of pure longevity. If played properly, Toxapex can feel almost unkillable. Between his just absurd defensive profile, recover to stay healthy, and the ridiculous ability regenerator, Toxapex can be flat out oppressive in the right matchup. I chose Toxapex as my Zacian switch in for one simple reason though, toxic spikes. The offensive trio of NDM, Yveltal, and Cinder is hard enough to handle on its own, but adding extra chip in the form of toxic spikes can help make quick work of mons that would otherwise just barely hang on against them. Being a poison type, Toxapex is also invaluable in slowing the toxic stalling of Eternatus and Quagsire down, and Toxapex can even haze away cosmic power boosts in a pinch to allow dusk mane a better shot at handling Eternatus 1 on 1. Toxapex’s ability to constantly harass the opponent over the course of a game is invaluable in aiding our sweepers and will prove useful time and time again.

-
BUN BUNN (Cinderace-Gmax) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Bounce
- Gunk Shot

Currently Cinderace is not in the top 10 in usage, which I find pretty surprising. This being the case, however, means less teams are prepared for him, and this is before you consider how well ace pairs with Yveltal and dusk mane. Cinderace’s immediate damage output is always an option to start or finish a game with. Assault vest is chosen partially because Yveltal can make better use of life orb,and partially because giving Cinderace the ability to live something like a Zapdos max airstream can be game breaking. Sometimes that one extra turn is all you need to seal a victory, and the extra special bulk provided by the vest allows Cinderace to get that extra turn more often. Gunk shot is taken as our fourth move to hit fairies like fini and Xerneas, who can otherwise cause some trouble for our squad.

-
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

The same set I run basically every time I use chansey. Full support with seismic toss to tack on some damage of her own. Chansey is an excellent stop to Zapdos, Calyrex, non specs Kyogre, and can even prevent ditto from getting too far if he copies our Yveltal by slowing him down with thunder wave and then burning through the low PP of his moves by recovering the damage off. Very nice mon to fall back on in a pinch.

And that’s the squad. I think this is one of my better teams. I’ve managed to stay in the top 20 of the PS ladder for a good few days at the time of writing this, and the team has been producing good results on cart when I do find the time to play there. Enjoy :)

- https://pokepast.es/c0326341e2247c14

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hello, I'm sharing the team I've been using for some of our tours, unfortunately I don't have a switch so I can't share a rental and it might not be properly tuned to cart meta, but if you find it interesting, give it a try!

:dialga: :ho-oh: :dragapult: :swampert: :tapu fini: :ditto:
(click on the icons for the paste)

The idea behind this team is that Ho-Oh and Dialga compliment each other's weakessess and are both powerful Dynamax threats. The supporting cast aims to create situations where one of the restricteds can max safely, or reverse sweep with Scarf Ditto.

Dialga sits at a decent speed tier, allowing it to outspeed some of the Ground-types that threaten it, such as Adamant/Naughty Mamoswine, Impish Landorus-T, Careful Zygarde and Seismitoad without Rain. The item choice is up to preference, Life Orb provides more power at the cost of recoil, while Adamant Orb is a slightly weaker boost on your STAB moves and doesn't boost your coverage moves, but it allows scenarios where you can bluff another item due to the lack of recoil.

Ho-Oh uses kuroko's AV set from s11, more info at https://shar965.hatenablog.com/. In short: this spread allows it to go against the likes of Calyrex-S, Kyogre, Zapdos, Yveltal and Geomancy Xerneas with Dynamax, and Giga Drain hits the Water/Ground-types that would bother it otherwise.

I went with Sash Swampert as opposed to a more standard Rocks set to not lose much momentum, CounterCoat can get something by surprise and max Attack Torrent Flip Turn hurts, sometimes to the point where the opponent is discouraged from Dynamaxing a restricted switch-in due to the "chip" damage.

Tapu Fini aims to cripple something with Lagging Tail and Nature's Madness, originally it was physically defensive to take Behemoth Blades and Wild Charges from Zacian-C better, but with more games I realized I'd rather bring it against other mons, particularly Yveltal and AV Kyogre, as Zacian-C cannot be Tricked.

Dragapult is mostly there for Zygarde or Eternatus. SpDef Fini can't really deal with Zygarde, along with the fact that Misty Terrain weakens Roar of Time/Max Wyrmwind, and it's somewhat rare to see Eternatus paired with a Fairy-type. Pult could run a Jolly Nature instead of Adamant, as you're slower than Jolly Scarf Dracovish and max Speed Eternatus, but I like the power a bit more.

There's not much to be said about Ditto. It's dumb and I hate it, but it works.

Last edited:
:Centiskorch: :Necrozma Dusk-Mane: :Xerneas: :Mimikyu: :Gastrodon: :Zapdos:

Having success(#3,213) w/ this team.

Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Mirror Coat
- Earth Power

Here for Ogre. Also can be useful for things like Chomp and Landog. Usual enough moves, I didn't do anything creative w/ this since it doesn't need that to beat Ogre. Earth Power for the odd Heatran and ofc Zacian.

Centiskorch-Gmax @ Custap Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Mystical Fire
- Endure
- Will-O-Wisp

The pride and joy of the team, fun mon. I think I got the set right this time. Flame Body is better than Flash Fire(Reshiram and G-Max Fireball ignore that anyway,) because of Zacian. Endure+Custap has been great, really helps. Mystical Fire drops the other offensive stat, while Power Whip is great for 4x weaks, and not necessarily expected cause this is Centiskorch lol. Relaxed is to not take from either offense as both are decent.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Lum Berry
EVs: 204 HP / 188 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Psychic Fangs
- Sunsteel Strike
- Dragon Dance

Got the EVs from someone, but generally meant for physical bulk. Lum over Policy for sleep and burns, no EQ cause I need to beat Eternatus(Psychic Fangs, also breaks screens for Tern/Lapras teams) and Ho-oh(Rock Slide. Also the flinch has saved me.) Main if not only legend that can pair w/ Xerneas well, I was told and I agree.

Zapdos @ Kee Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Eerie Impulse
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Defensive Zapdos that still hits Ferro. Ferro is bad for most Xern/Necrozma teams. Defensive is meant to lower Reshiram's SpA(for instance,) and is much more useful for Dialga. Kee hasn't been a huge deal, but it's there to try to shore up the lesser defense that isn't supported otherwise.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Draining Kiss
- Thunderbolt
- Geomancy

Pretty normal Xerneas. Spe EVs for just up to Scarf Darm-g boosted. Max SpA ofc and the rest in bulk(4 Def/SpD does something, I think vs. offensive Tern.) T-bolt is for Ho-oh mainly.

Mimikyu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
- Wood Hammer

Fewest games w/ this of these mons but seems fine. Was a suggestion for me because of Caly-S and to cripple Zacian w/ Wisp. Wood Hammer is being tested because ot was suggested and kills those nasty 4x weaks like Quagsire. Jolly max/max because this set doesn't really need to be bulky. Trick can shut down lots of stuff, and keeps Zygarde from setting up or Glaring. I'm sure Phantom Force could be used as the STAB instead.

There's that, Umbreon over Mimi is an option, as is most Kyogre walls over Gastro.

https://pokepast.es/efa6335bb24dcfe0

Last edited:

DerpySuX

Sup, I have a new squad to show off
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Yveltal: :Tapu-Fini: :Umbreon: :Pheromosa: :Chansey:
Used this team to push to first place on the PS ladder, and in the majority of my games for my first BSSC tournament, in which I placed second. Here’s what it does

———

HEAVY METAL (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Dragon Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Psychic Fangs

Standard bulky NDM set. Designed to switch into Zacian while being able to set up Dragon Dance when given the chance. Speed invest outruns Yveltal and Zapdos after one DD, and the rest is dumped into bulk in order to not get obliterated by the doggo. Adamant Zacian still has a 26.6% chance to 2HKO with Close Combat, which isn’t ideal, but being able to switch into Zacian almost 74% of the time while posing an offensive threat is still nothing to sneeze at. Since we’re attempting to get multiple boosts and/or weakness policy, we forgo coverage moves in favor of Morning Sun for recovery. This allows NDM to switch into the threats he’s tasked with handling more consistently over the course of a game. Lacking coverage for ourselves also means that we’re fairly safe against Ditto, as barring having extremely low HP or some pretty absurd luck, we can stall ditto out relatively painlessly.
———

L O D (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Heat Wave

A nearly perfect partner for Dusk Mane, Yveltal is one of the most threatening Pokémon in the gen 8 metagame. Yveltal is easily capable of handling almost every Pokémon that walls Necrozma, and vise-versa. Life Orb and Dark Aura boosted Max Darkness is one of the strongest attacks in the game, and the SpDef drop makes a Dynamaxed Yveltal almost impossible to wall. It will almost surely grab a kill against something. Taunt is chosen over Roost in order to shut down things like Chansey and Hippowdon, as Oblivion Wing provides decent enough recovery. Heat Wave rounds out the set, roasting Ferrothorn and cocky Zacian trying to grab a switch.

———

PIXIE DUST (Tapu Fini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Tapu Fini is an excellent support scarfer. With Misty Terrain preventing status on our grounded members, allowing pain free setup for Necrozma, as well as enabling Pheromosa to get an attack off without worrying about a possible Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave. Trick is as valuable as ever, as a well timed Trick can save your game. Locking Zygarde into Coil/Substitue, or potentially locking Kyogre into Calm Mind can be devastating, especially if your opponent doesn’t have Dynamax available. Aside from the utility, the speed offered by scarf can allow Fini to grab some surprise KOs, things like Urshifu and Dragapult can be removed from the game pretty effortlessly if Scarf hasn’t been revealed yet, scoring you a potentially crucial lead very early.

———

FANTASY (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Yawn
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

Umbreon has a very specific purpose on this team, and that’s handling Calyrex. Chansey is potentially foiled by boosted Psyshock, while Umbreon has no such woes. Thanks the Shadow Rider’s quad weakness, we can handle it with Foul Play, allowing us to check Ice Rider as well. Thanks to Zacian’s absurd attack stat, Foul Play also forces it to think twice about switching in, as it will take considerable chip from Foul Play. Wish, Protect, and Yawn all help Umbreon perform her job of being a disruptive support mon.

———

KILLER QUEEN (Pheromosa) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
- Poison Jab

The Ferrothorn + Tyranitar combo can potentially give our offensive core some trouble, so naturally, Pheromosa is a wise consideration, effortlessly blasting through both Pokémon with Close Combat. U-turn provides a nice smack on most anything, while keeping switch advantage, Triple Axel is incredible, though inconsistent coverage for Landorus and Zygarde. Seeing as we already have two dark types, Poison Jab is taken over Throat Chop, as this improves our matchup against Xerneas and the Tapus, which is greatly appreciated. An Adamant nature allows Pheromosa to gain a beast boost in Attack, which is more helpful than the Speed boost for her purposes on this team.

———
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Very standard Chansey set. Walls Zapdos, non specs Kyogre, and various other Special attackers. Max Physical defense is standard, but I want to note that with this spread, Chansey can live some crazy things like Jolly Zacian and non banded Urshifu Close Combat (this is very unlikely, but regardless it is possible and can potentially get you out of a rough spot), allowing her to irreversibly cripple them with Thunder Wave. Other than that, nothing much to say here, Chansey is pretty straight forward.

———
And that’s it, I really like this squad. Enjoy :)

- https://pokepast.es/5874eebe21d09574

Last edited:
:Centiskorch: :Yveltal: :Bronzong: :Zacian-Crowned: :Seismitoad: :Regieleki:

Back to normal after losing more often than not. Not gonna share my bad rating, but I am 76:76 lol.

Regieleki @ Life Orb
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 172 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 68 Spe
Timid Nature
- Assurance
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball

Regieleki is one of my favorites. It stops Ogre relatively well, and even hurts Zacian greatly. The bulk has bailed me out of tons of situations. The recent addition of T-Wave has helped greatly w/ hax and lowering Spe for Electro Ball. Assurance is for Caly-S, beating non-max w/ Max Darkness. This has been good, in the past it's often felt like my main mon cause others wouldn't pull their weight as well. Max Darkness coupled w/ Max Lightning's terrain and Electro Balls high bp vs. it lets me beat Chansey in some situations too. Useful vs. Ace and Zapdos(+1 Ace is bad news, but Zapdos at +1 is still outsped!)

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Wild Charge

Zacian always fits, here it is for Urshifus...and yeah just in general. Pretty op. EVs for outspeeding Ace, bad point for Download P2. Wild Charge does a lot to Ho-oh, which I really need to help Bronzong. Also has value w/ Toxapex. Play Rough is chosen over Close Combat because I kinda handle Chansey as is, and I need to cover some stuff I forgot. Certainly I like STAB more than dropping good defnses, in general.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Snarl
- Roost
- Taunt

Suggested to me, w/ this set. It's been great. Stops Chansey and stuff weak to Taunt what I can use. Snarl is great because it lowers SpA, and it sometimes matters it bypasses Subs. Oblivion Wing is still chosen on defensive for good STAB and healing, and the rare situation I want Airstream after all. The only issue w/ this is item clause, since Zong really misses Leftovers. Very relevant for Calyrex-S cause of Zong. Also supposedly wins the mirror(I haven't had it yet, but I believe that it would do good.) Very bulky on both sides.

Bronzong @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Block
- Gyro Ball

Mainly the point of the team. It was chosen to basically fully stop Landorus-T and Calyrex-I(these win otherwise in tr.) It also tends to do good w/ Zekrom, Rillabloom, Chansey, P2, Dialga, and Zacian. I was given the suggestion to use Gyro Ball over Substitute(this was for Quagsire) since it was so niche and I can hit Caly-S on the switch(I'm not really sure what else, besides hitting Xerneas which I desperately need.) Steelspike is also very relevant, though I may hit +6 Def w/ just Iron Defense. Block is very unusual, probably more so than Zong itself since it does have Necrozma-Dusk Manes typing w/ Levitate, but it can trap Mamo, for instance. Or Landog w/o U-Turn if it doesn't switch immediately(so if it is rocks or tries my ability w/ EQ. The issuae is rocks Landog probably WILL run U-Turn...) Sitrus is chosen w/ Lefties taken, though it could probably be a pinch berry since Zong often gets chipped down slowly if they're physical(or has to switch/sacrifice itself altogether. I've been impressed w/ this mon depite many bad match-ups(Zacian, Rilla, and Landog are crazy common compared to the less common Rehiram and Eternatus for example. Caly-S and Yveltal really hurt but I try to cover them.)

Seismitoad @ Light Ball
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Fling

Seismitoad was suggested to me a long time ago(yes I do make my own too. Obviously, cause of the 2 very unusual mons.) I put it back for Ogre, and that's about it. I don't bring it all that much. But I did put Ice Punch to stop set-up from Landog(Bulk Up lefties beats Zong.) This isn't a Toad set that deals much damage, so Toxic is chosen. Fling Light Ball is for paralysis on stuff like Zacian or non-grass move Caly-S. Also Yveltal. Set from dex.

Centiskorch-Gmax @ Custap Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Mystical Fire
- Endure
- Knock Off

Another big favorite, and my only other I really like to use for this gen. This kinda has too many options for item, moves, and even nature. I chose Custap because it goes w/ Endure and that goes w/ Flame Body. Cent is often chipped low even w/o Endure, for instance by Zacian who won't 2hko iirc. This lets me beat Zacian w/ this the majority of the time, sometimes even if I switch in, because of Flame Body. Mystical Fire is good STAB that uses G-max, though it uses the slightly lesser offense and won't break things like P2 and pink blobs that Fire Lash would. But lowering SpA is really great, more so imo w/ Custap. It goes well w/ Flame Body, making it so I can potentially weaken either physical or special attackers. Power Whip to me is obligatory, I've ohkod many a Quagsire(who my Zong set can't touch, I've considered Rest on it for Quag.) Knock Off mainly gets Caly-S, but it's also great utility in general. Sassy is chosen over the previous nature of Relaxed for Caly-S and Xern, still should beat Zacian.

https://pokepast.es/48a5d6955102088e

Last edited:

DerpySuX

Here’s the rain team I used in the roomtour playoffs against TFA and Luisin.
:Kyogre: :Zacian-Crowned: :Blissey: :Quagsire: :Seismitoad: :Mamoswine:

Honestly it’s super basic. Mainly designed to throw people off if they are trying to beat my “signature”NDM centric squad. I really don’t have much to say about it, here’s a few notes on the intricacies of the sets for those wondering though

Kyogre - Has enough speed to outrun non scarfed Vish to put it in range of toad. Scald is taken over origin pulsed because I don’t like missing and burns are annoying. Other than that it’s fairly standard AV Kyogre

Zacian - has enough speed to outrun Alola ninetales, which is the fastest non prankster screener that is reasonable for Zacian to invest enough for (Dragapult would require max speed essentially and regieleki is too fast regardless)

Quagsire - it’s Quagsire, I have toxic for the mirror, but it’s pretty self explanatory

Blissey - hyper voice over tri attack because substitutes annoy me

Seismitoad - I mean, yeah, it’s Seismitoad

Mamoswine - basic Sash SR Mamo set, nothing special

And that’s basically it, like I said, all fairly simple stuff, just a solid, meta centric team to bust out against teams that my main team might struggle with.

- https://pokepast.es/cd8c3517c57a26c9

Hi,

I thought I'd share the team I've used this season. I haven't really had time to build due to moving house, so I picked a team I really liked from Nouthuca created by Kurosaki which has had success S28 and S29. I'll go over some of the creators thoughts as well as my own from laddering.

https://kurosakipoke.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/05/01/185702

https://pokepast.es/0891ff2b10c633df

What I tend to look for in a competitive team is broken elements and Zacian + Calyrex-S, being the most broken combination in S12 and broken in different ways was an easy choice. Of course this combination does have an issue with Ditto reverse sweeping especially on Calyrex-S, but you can mitigate that in a variety of ways, putting the probability in your favour. Then generally the rest is support and matchup oriented picks, since you should be bringing restricted pokemon most games due to their general power and brokenness and this is how I would approach building too. Then aim to minimize coin flip matchups by just having better constructed teams than the opponent with stronger pokemon.

:calyrex-shadow: :zacian-crowned: :zapdos: :garchomp: :porygon2: :seismitoad:

Calyrex-Shadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Astral Barrage
- Expanding Force
- Draining Kiss
- Trick

A pretty common bulky Calyrex-S spread, the bulk there is mainly for helping dealing with Zacian-C, you are only 25% chance to get OHKOed by Max Adamant Behemoth Blade and two Astral Barrages will win the 1v1. The speed allows you to outspeed our own Zacian-C if copied by Ditto. Astral Barrage will KO after Stealth Rock and Quick attack from Zacian-C. The speed outspeeds stuff like Adamant +1 Speed Cinderace and the rare +1 Naganadel. Expanding force is for the Porygon2 Matchup, Max Mindstorm spam into expanding force (if it comes to that and they max P2) will win you that 1v1, especially if rocks are up you cannot recover stall the max. Draining Kiss is good for Max Fairy vs. Tyranitar and Urshifu if needed and then Trick for fat. It should be noted in the Ditto Matchup, if you position with Stealth Rock, you can break the Ditto sash and then you guarantee win the 1v1 or you take the 50/50 with scarf, either ways you are in favourable probability because of existence of sash set even if you get into a bad position where ditto comes in on calyrex-s.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Just the most busted pokemon in the format. The bulky Zacian-C set with Quick Attack in order to fight Ditto. This way even if Ditto copies Zacian-C after you get a kill, it cannot sweep due to Quick Attack + Stealth Rock into Astral Barrage. A good way to use it is actually to set it up to Behemoth Blade by spamming rock tomb from lead. Wild Charge for Ho-oh, CC for Ferrothorn.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Brick Break
- Stealth Rock

Lead Garchomp set which matches up well vs. Turn 1 Dynamax such as from LO Zapdos since you can just rock tomb spam and then go into Calyrex-S or Zacian-C. You are faster than Landorus-T/Zapdos too. It can be kind of difficult to pivot this pokemon in certain matchups such as the Hippowdon MU but thats how it be sometimes no pokemon is perfect. Stealth Rock for breaking sashes and setting up for lategame sweeps, Brick Break just beats down pesky screen spammers.

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Roost

An interesting Zapdos set that I ended up liking quite a lot but not using that much. The defence is for a guaranteed live of Zacian-C's Play Rough, the SpDef allows you to tank LO Yveltals Max Darkness 87.5% of the time. Very good against pokemon like Lugia which at the end of the timer you can frustrate with T-Wave Substitute Roost and generally good against Fat compositions which cannot deal with Zapdos on time. Also strong against Zacian-C + Quagsire, a common composition used to stop opposing Ditto since Zapdos can just substitute against Quagsire for free and become a menace to deal with.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play
- Defense Curl / Thunder Wave
- Recover

A weird set that I ended changing to Thunder Wave since it was just putting in more work. The idea behind defence curl is for fighting opposing Zygarde. Zygarde really cannot deal with this set at all. It is also decent into the Zacian + Calyrex mirror since you can do a lot of work to opposing Calyrex. I like Thunder Wave since I think it sets up the rest of the team better overall even if it does make you weaker to certain Zygarde sets.

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Seismitoad is a pretty good answer to Hippowdon lead with obviously having Stealth Rock to help set up the restricted pokemon. Rock Tomb is there for Shedinja. This pokemon can actually be pretty dangerous as a lead dynamaxer which gives you that option vs. certain compositions, of course Chansey walls this mon infinitely, but not every stall has a Chansey or they do not bring it which can put you so far ahead in early dynamax if they have brought TTar as a Calyrex-S check. Neither Ho-oh or Eternatus really want to deal with this pokemon dynamaxed and you can get enough chip to let your pokemon in the back put in work. Calyrex/Zacian-C do not need to Max so you can just max T1 if you want.

Other stuff:

I agree with the selection said by Kurosaki, just use stealth rock leads depending on matchup with restricteds in back.

:Regieleki: :Necrozma Dusk-Mane: :Xerneas: :Bronzong: :Seismitoad: :Togekiss:

I'm doing ok, for me, w/ this team. It's based around supporting Bronzong.

Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

A mainstay of my teams. Scarf is relatively new, and I like it. Scarf Clay-S is one of its most common sets, and it's obviously very damaging to much of the rest of the team so I have to be faster imo. Volt Switch into a sacrifice, and then T-bolt, often gets Zacian, and Quick Attack is not a 2hko. The bulk often helps-I need max SoA but not so much Spem as up to +2 Ace is already a lot. Electro ball synergizes w/ Scarf and ofc the 200 base Spe, it gets slow mons. T-Wave is mostly for stuff like Eternatus, and it can really help to slow something down when I know I can't ko w/ an attack anyways. Max Guard is really good too.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun

I keep forgetting why this is here when it shares the same dual type as Zong, but I like it(again, had a falling out w. this mon but started liking SD>DD.) SD gets Eternatus, and it even beat a Ferro and Zapdos(separate battles,) that it couldn't have w/ just DD. Sunsteel Strike is obligatory and more important for Def w/ Steelspike than EdgeQuake coverage would be(I have Regieleki for Zapdos and Ho-oh.) EQ is for Tern, otherwise SD goes to waste as Rock Blast wouldn't need +2 for Ho-ohs. I'm a bit unsure about Morining Sun, but this is a bulky set. The reason for that is to try to take on Reshiram, Zong and Regieleki hate it.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Geomancy
- Moonblast

Xerneas takes on Urshifu SS in particular, w/ EVs for just outspeeding it at +1 when I'm +2. Focus Blast is for P2, pink blobs(can 2hko at +2,) Heatran, Dialga, etc. T-bolt mostly just hits Ho-oh, but that's crucial for Zong and NDM, and running Flash Cannon for Steelspike would mean I don't hit Ho-oh even neutrally. This at least can boost on Caly-S, but it is the main mon that can open me up to Ditto, w/ Toad being the other. Useful for Zekrom.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Payback
- Hypnosis

The star of the team. W/ the ability to switch in on Landog(unlike Ferro,) and also beat NDM and Caly-I, I'm convinced it can be good. It certainly has the ability to wall some teams w/ Lefties. Hypnosis can be the best option if they are special and not taking much from Payback or unboosted Body Press, and it gives more time for Lefties. 4 Atk EVs help OHKO non-bulky Caly-S that switch in(I would expect they feel very safe switching in.) Good and fun mon, but a very poor maxer. That said, something may as well be since it's just for one mon. Good w/ P2.

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Substitute

This is here mainly for Ogre, but I never felt I got that much out of defensive so I'm trying offensive. Spe just for up to Ogre to have more power and some bulk(this opens me up to opposing Power Whip Toad, however.) Extra point in SpD for P2. Power Whip is very important for the 4x weaks, I always try to have grass and/or Freeze-Dry coverage for them, as NDM and Zong don't do great vs. Quagsire, Swampert, and Gastrodon. I'm not really sure what I'm doing w/ Sub. I guess I can burn Ogre's max, did have use vs. Blaziken on a Protect, and would've stopped Pyukumuku had it not been helmet.

Togekiss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball

The newest mon. I had massive trouble w/ Whimsicott, and some w/ Ferro and Caly-S. This can get all those. Draining Kiss still breaks Whimsi's sub, while healing to undo Leech Seed shenanigans. Flamethrower is for Ferro, and Zacian switch-ins. Shadow Ball gets Caly-S. AV is a nice item since I have no room for status category moves, and the 4 SpD makes it an even # for the 50% boost. I don't have much experience w/ this mon having not brought it much yet, but on the other hand it hasn't cost me(could've in one game where I brought it and they had Dialga last, but NDM took Tern Mystical Fire into Max Lightning maxed after the Mysrical Fire.) This does lure and destroy Ditto. They are more liable to bring it hoping to piggyback off NP+Airstream, and in reality there is no NP and I have higher SpD. Infiltrator Noivern, probably w/ AV and Shadow Ball, is an alternative to this that break Whim, Ferro , and Caly-S.

I keep changing when I find big threats, so it's hard for me to know what is a threat.

https://pokepast.es/31446b14cd799613

Last edited:
Double post should be ok here, not really fair that I wouldn't be able to share a fairly good team just cause forum is dead. Anyways, here goes.

:Regieleki: :Lugia: :Kyurem-White: :Bronzong: :Whimsicott: :Cinderace:

Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Kinda the same as last time. Scarf has been really fun, +2 Speed Yveltal is scary, but I can often manage it w/ this. Anything up to +2 max Spe Ace is outsped if I'm not maxed. No changes besides more confirmation this is good, so just see above. Absolutely runs through teams not immune to electric anywhere, though that's rare so it needs support.

Lugia @ Kee Berry
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Aeroblast

I'm really liking Lugia, it can hurt Zacian pretty bad thanks to great bulk, Multiscale, and Kee, and can just generally T-Wave lots of stuff, even Caly-S and Yveltal. Bold nature seemed too extreme, so I went Calm to boost the higher stat. This helps w/ all the special attackers running around. Hydro Pump over Earth Power is new to do something to Hippo and Zapdos. I had one game where I might've won w/ Hydro cause I would've kod the Hippo from where it was, so it seemed worth it. Pretty easy to bring most games, but wow does it fear Chansey.

Kyurem-White @ Assault Vest
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 140 Def / 92 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fusion Flare
- Freeze-Dry
- Sheer Cold

This gives too much rock weakness, why I'm not running it. But I wanted to post a team I've played w/ much completely, rather than one w/ 1 game lol. But it also gives rock coverage, great for Ho-oh for one. I don't remember what the EVs are for but ofc something. Fusion Flare is for Ferro, before Ace I didn't deal great w. them and even w/ it it's worth watching out for. Sheer Cold gets Chansey which I really need, and Freeze-Dry over dragon STAB for actual coverage.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis

Went back to my Gyro Ball Zong cause I had nothing for Xerneas. It's still a tough match-up though. Otherwise the same, Hypnosis misses a ton but it's been hugely helpful for getting more Lefties turns and stuff when it hits. It can catch Hippo off guard, for one. This is my only great Caly-I answer, Ace is too worried about tr w/ max, or maybe even just max. Landog, Chomp, most NDM, some Toads, and sometimes Zekrom all fear it, and it's not so bad vs. most Zacian(ugh, Sacred Sword ones though.) This mon can go down super fast to special hits, but I've also had it last more than a dozen turns(not winning in that time cause para hax.) This tends to be good vs. Chansey, especially w/ Body Press not getting a nerf from charm.

Whimsicott @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast

A mon I'm really liking. The Def and SpD do something too, but I forgot. Sub to burn max, STABs for 4x weaks like Urshifu SS, Swampert, Quagsire, etc. This can even do well w/ Zekrom, particularly sub ones because they lack Wingbeat. If it has Wingbeat I might live it even +1 after Sitrus iirc, and ofc I can waste its max(but not live anything then if I do that.) Also my main answer to mirrors which are annoying cause everyone else is SubSeed. Why I've thought of Infiltrator Hurricane. My only answer to Urshifu SS, but luckily it gets both forms quite well.

Cinderace-Gmax @ Focus Sash
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Counter
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch

Even though I talk about soft checks on the team to it, they are really soft. So this was suggested as a good general mon that can still threaten Zekrom, w. Counter mainly. Usual enough moves, helps me w/ evil Chansey. Sash is my favorite item on Ace, it's quite frail since it ofc can't invest, and w/ the new team that is AV Kyogre>Kyu-W, it matters less that this set is so SR weak.

Last edited:
:Milotic: :Landorus-Therian: :Necrozma Dusk-Mane: :Dialga: :Kyurem-White: :Yveltal:

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Competitive
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat

Been trying this over Kyogre(I hadn't necessarily been using Kyogre, but I mean as an alternative since they are similar in some ways.) It's kinda good, this is used over the previous AV set I had. Mirror Coat is amazing, and Competitive helps w/ Landog and Yveltal. Max SpD rather tha Def cause it's not Flame Orb Marvel Scale, this really helps w/ living to both activate Maranga and be crazy, and sometimes fire off Mirror Coat on a strong hit, especially max moves.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Put this for Marshadow. It has a tremendous Atk stat, so even w def EVs for the helmet I still went Adamant for damage. Kindq good, no real competition for an Intimidate mon in faux Ubers singles I think. Helps w/ Groudon and Zekrom, I especially worry about Groudons. Rock Tomb to hit Ho-oh and slow things, U-Turn over Fly cause it isn't max-oriented and can pivot out now.

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Sunsteel Strike

I had some trouble running this and stopped before this series, but it's again my favorite legend. EVs take some startling stuff, like Reshiram's Blue Flare iirc(it ignores Prism Armor,) and Tern's defensive Mystical Fire is only a roll to break sub. Also, took Max Darkness from Yveltal into Tern offensive Flaethrower on -1 SpD, maxed ofc. SD over DD is to break past Tern, I just really like it since NDM has to invest to be fast. Sub is mainly for evil Charm Chansey(which seems to have been a one-time thing but idk,) can help on switches and stuff.

Dialga @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Steel Beam
- Roar of Time
- Earth Power

Here to hopefully outspeed and OHKO Groudon. There's trouble w/ fast Groudon, but I don't want to run Ogre and this was suggested to me. Can take CC from Zacian even un-maxed, but idk what all the EVs do since I copied it. Modest LO for the most reasonable power, Steel Beam and Roar of Time for max power since that's the main place Dialga is used.

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Fusion Flare
- Draco Meteor

I don't remember why I put this in, but it's ok. Stone Edge is for Ho-oh, even w/ -atk. My Ho-oh match-up isn't that great. Freeze-Dry gets Ogre, Quagsire, etc. It's a very good move, though it lacks BP, which mainly matters maxed. Fusion Flare is for Zacian, NDM and Ferro, and Draco Meteor over Shadow Ball is for the mirror mainly(though Ditto can then be dangerous.) Scarf is important for stuff like Zacian and +1 Zekrom.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost
- Taunt
- Snarl

This was chosen as the best Yveltal set vs. Groudon. I don't remember why I wanted a Yveltal to begin w/, but I really like this set. The 4 Spe actually mattered, was able to Taunt and kill CM Ho-oh. Snarl works well w/ the EVs, and Roost can waste max turns, say that of mirrors.. Leftovers is chosen since Yveltal typically stays alive a while, so it gets lots of recovery. This has beaten stall before, single-handedly I believe. Helps w/ Caly-S a lot, Milotic can't eat Maranga vs. that one.

I wish I did better, but over the last few days I've done great. I think this team is good, my greater # of losses are from previous teams, notably I messed w/ Stunfisk-G as a Zekrom counter(which it is, but it lacks much other use sadly.)

https://pokepast.es/c5f88ad190b92b6d

:Milotic: :Stunfisk-Galar: :Necrozma Dusk-Mane: :Bronzong: :Regieleki: :Kyurem-White:

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Competitive
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat

This mainly has Mirror Coat over Ogre, but Recover is great too. Commpetitive because I can't rely on them to burn, solidifies Landog mach-up, helps w/ Yveltal and stuff. Full SpD and Maranga cause that's what this Milotic is meant to wall(does great w/ stuff like Reshiram and Dialga that Ogre may or may not deal w/,) but no longer AV to get to use Recover. Has been good, takes certain SE special attacks fine, at the expense of physical bulk. 4 Def lives Jolly CC from Zacian iirc.

Stunfisk-Galar @ Kee Berry
Ability: Mimicry
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Ice Fang
- Snap Trap
- Earthquake
- Counter

This is pretty much just for the Zekrom match-up, however, w/ Kee it is a true counter to it. Ice Fang for 4x weaks, the odd move Snap Trap for Quag(not sure I 2hko maxed even w/ Terrain and the fake STAB buff from Mimicry, cause of the grassy heals.) EQ is obligatory, Counter seemed like a great move, can even catch some Zacian off guard. Most expenedable mon by far, provided you use Magnezone or w/e to take on Zekrom.

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Sunsteel Strike

Same old SpD set, can take a pittance from even some SE special fire moves. SD is more fun to me, outpaces Tern's defensive buffs, isn't awkward against Reflect, can be better in the mirror, etc. Rock Tomb was suggested over sub, for Ho-oh mainly. This has been very good w/ its bulk. Originally meant to take Blue Flare from Reshiram, idk what else I take, just is generally bulky.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Iron Defense

One of my favorites. Zong completely walls standard Landog and NDM, further it can do great w/ P2, non-ID Ferro, and just a bunch of physical stuff. Hypnosis is a filler cause there isn't much else, good to get free lefties turns when it hits, and when no other move is efficient like vs. Hippo. Or when Ogre/Zapdos/etc. is likely to switch in. Gyro and min Spe hits fairies, notably Xern. Full phys. Def, SpD would be wasteful and it only uses Atk w/ the lesser used attacking move. Has been pretty good, and yet sometimes useless. High ceiling, low floor. But is either an obvious bring or obviously no good imo.

Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

My favorite mon from this gen. Outspeeds even +2 max Spe Ace w/ scarf(so not maxed.) Electro Ball can hit many things very hard w/ all this Spe, T-Bolt is probably best on average, Volt Switch to pivot, and T-Wave for hax vs. electric resists and for Max Guard. The bulk can come in handy too. This has been quite good, though it does let grounds come in and set up, which is why I put...

Kyurem-White @ Assault Vest
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Sheer Cold
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor

AV because Scarf is now taken. Stone Edge was originally just for Ho-oh, also avoids the SPA drop from Draco when both are SE, got a Mirror Coat Glaceon, beats Volcarona and Zard(not an OHKO on maxed, though it does a lot.) Seems very valuable even w/ -Atk. Sheer Cold is for defensive stuff like Chansey and already set up Tern. Replaced Fusion Flare for it. Freeze-Dry mainly gets Ogre which used to be an even bigger problem, Draco Meteor for the max power and effect, gets dragons.

Been doing very good, why I'm posting. #2,200, though idk how many play anymore since new games soon. 11-8 or so, feeling moderately confident and doing better than ever before.

https://pokepast.es/7f5c87071f9e5b70

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)