Rules Past Format Battle Stadium SQSA

I gave my Dracovish Psychic Fangs, that helps w/ Toxapex too. Hopefully that will work, Urshifu seems risky since one of the main screen abusers I've had trouble w/ is g-Zapdos. I used to have a sash Chandelure for Infiltrator I may put that back.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah there are way better ways to get by screens than Court Change Cinderace (which like Photon said can be done better by the CritAce set).

I think as new toy syndrome continues to wear off, Dragapult’s criminally low usage will crawl back up. Its Infiltrator set was the go-to for screens stuff in earlier seasons.

Other ways include running your own screens to level the playing field, Taunt leads like Grimmsnarl, Whimsicott, or Thundurus, stat boosts like Swords Dance / Nasty Plot, or critical hit abusers like Urshifu, Togekiss, or even Kingdra, or bulky things that can just survive the screens turns. Yawn Hippowdon is a great way of pressuring these turns.

It also helps that most screeners in themselves aren't very good pokemon so you are playing with a pseudo advantage just by your opponent setting up screens since you'll have one pokemon that is just all round a better pokemon. Stuff like Alolan-Ninetales, Grimmsnarl, Gmax-Lapras and Regieleki have glaring flaws as standalone pokemon that make them vulnerable against certain meta threats. As well as this, there's generally one or two leads every generation that just are a nightmare for dual screens builds. Back in USUM Mega Gengar pretty much was the bane in the existence of every single major screens lead. I think Nihilego is a similar case here where it can just get beast boosts off in the lead slot against most of the major screeners.

Put those ways screens do seem simple enough. Another thing that has been getting me is Yawn Rocks Hippo. Dracovish can lead but they invariably have Fini/Ferro/Kartana to switch in. I've never been good about using Taunt but is there any other way? What few things muscle past Hippo to begin w/ can't switch in easily on Yawn, and/or have their moves in turn rendered useless by a switch to something like the aforementioned.

Put those ways screens do seem simple enough. Another thing that has been getting me is Yawn Rocks Hippo. Dracovish can lead but they invariably have Fini/Ferro/Kartana to switch in. I've never been good about using Taunt but is there any other way? What few things muscle past Hippo to begin w/ can't switch in easily on Yawn, and/or have their moves in turn rendered useless by a switch to something like the aforementioned.
The most obvious solution that comes to mind is Tapu Fini. Misty Surge lets it switch into Yawn basically forever so you don't have to worry so much about Hippo getting in on a good matchup and starting a Yawn chain. If you want to keep using Dracovish, Sleep Talk has become an increasing popular option, so that's something that can at least check Yawn.

I had some trouble w/ Fini. I think it just makes me too weak to Zapdos which is on over half of teams now(!) I like Dracovish ok but despite Fishious Rend being far and away the main move it has 4MSS. I have Low Kick/ FR/ Outrage/ Psychic Fangs. My team really appreciates Fangs for Pex, and it breaks screens w/ good power and full acc unlike Zen Headbutt. Is Outrage strictly necessary? If I could ditch it I'd up my Hippo match up, but at the expense of mirrors.

Before one thing I actually had was Specs Koko. It can OHKO most Hippo(or all I forget but nvm,) and they usually don't EQ when you switch out of Yawn, but rather Yawn again cause that's their evil gimmick veritable niche so you can get it if it doesn't switch.

Last edited:
This season I managed to make top 50 using this team

https://pokepast.es/cd96d6587e8ca158
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Tyranitar: :Dracovish: :Landorus-Therian: :Quagsire: :Moltres-Galar:
Team premise is quite simple, wear down Necrozma checks so he can sweep.
What's your play v.s. GMax Lapras/Zacian cores? Specifically seeing a lot of weakness policy Lapras leads that beat Ttar if you rock blast them, freeze dry Dracovisk, GMax resonance Lando, freeze dry Quag and GMax resonance Moltres. I feel like you'd probably want to save Necrozma and your own dynamax for later when they bring out Zacian, but as is, I'm not sure what other plays there are.

Otherwise, loving the team, has given me a lot of easy wins apart from that comp.

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
What's your play v.s. GMax Lapras/Zacian cores? Specifically seeing a lot of weakness policy Lapras leads that beat Ttar if you rock blast them, freeze dry Dracovisk, GMax resonance Lando, freeze dry Quag and GMax resonance Moltres. I feel like you'd probably want to save Necrozma and your own dynamax for later when they bring out Zacian, but as is, I'm not sure what other plays there are.

Otherwise, loving the team, has given me a lot of easy wins apart from that comp.
Quagsire stops Zacian dead in its tracks. You’re perfectly open to sack Landorus and then dynamax Necrozma to deal with Gmax Lappy. As long as you make sure you keep Quagsire alive for Zacian. I approach each lapras team differently, depending on how the player utilizes it. My main goal however is to clear anything that can break Quagsire to make sure the Zacian is as hindered as possible.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
will there be a series VR page, or is it something debutting towards the end of this month to sort out stuff?
Yeah, we’ve just been a bit hesitant to post anything as the metagame goes through the wild, early stages of development. We’re also trying to make both a normal VR and a “just restricted legends” VR so it’s taking a little longer than normal.

Hello. This is my first ever post on Smogon (though I've been lurking for over a decade at this point... Well... If you can "lurk" by reading articles & using the Strategy Dex - This is my first forum post (Well - I did just request a Ditto actually - so 2nd post.)

I've made a picture of my Current team for BSS (It seems like your forum has a very awesome/non-restrictive image policy - Kudos)
And Currently - I only have 3 monsters that have been actually trained for competitive battling, the ones in the picture. The other monsters on the team are to create a distraction. I enter every battle with the below 3 monsters, and always lead Blaziken, since he's basically set up to pass boosts to Zacian, and more & more often, Gyrados.) - Also - I just looked - Gryados is supposed to be holding Leftovers.

I'd just like any of you-all's thoughts on the concept (Blaziken Baton Pass with Strong Physical Sweepers)

The team seems to be doing good enough in Great Ball Tier to make it to the one after that.
I predict trouble going forward.

I'd specifically like your thoughts on Brick Break (I seem to be losing to Wall Teams quite a bit... Usually involving Grimmsnarl or Quagsire.)
In fact Quagsire has shut down my team so many times that I am currently searching for that Grass-Move for Gyrados, Power-Whip I believe.)
I also did some weird things with Zacian's EVs - I gave him some HP at the cost of speed, since he always comes out with at least a +1 speed boost from Blaziken - Often + 2 thanks to the protect on Blaziken. - He's supposed to take down the ENTIRE OTHER TEAM when he comes out... So I gave him some bulk.)

At the end of the day, this team is a "2 vs 3" team... Blaziken always ends up baton passing at 1 (or very low) HP, and then he's out of the battle till the very end. But a Zacian-Sword with +2 Speed & + 3 attack... Well.... He can OHKO stuff with an ineffective behemoth blade.

I was also priorly running Reversal on Blaziken before I switched to brick break.... If I am right - With Focus Sash giving him 1 HP... Isn't that a 200 base power Stab Move? I honestly never got to try it out because... Battles end one way or the other after Baton Pass.

Oh and two last things - Since I'm basically committed to this exact 3-mean team always coming out in that order... What 3 "fake teamates" would be most likely to make my opponent send out monsters weak to my real team. Honestly My current fake 3 members are just there to Deter Quagsire coming out.

And #2. I read somewhere WAY back in this very thread that doing EVs in multiples of 8 will somehow cost you a stat point?
I have no idea why that would be.... I thought that at level 50... 8evs = 1 stat.

So - Thanks for any input you guys have.

(Also if you have any ideas for 3 other "Real Team members" to complement these guys... I'm all ears.)

1614136795283.png

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Hello. This is my first ever post on Smogon (though I've been lurking for over a decade at this point... Well... If you can "lurk" by reading articles & using the Strategy Dex - This is my first forum post (Well - I did just request a Ditto actually - so 2nd post.)
Welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately, this will always lose to any Quagsire or Ditto. You probably figured out this much from losing to them over and over again. And unfortunately, no amount of Grass coverage on the team will actually guarantee Quagsire from ever being picked vs Zacian -- your opponent could always patch up their weaknesses by pairing Quagsire with something like Eternatus or Chansey, which makes it super safe for your opponent to bring Quagsire anyways, because it will never have to take the Grass-type hit. Eternatus also has a great matchup vs the rest of the team, so those 2 which are common partners, are definitely coming out together and taking the free W.

Instead of just praying your opponent doesn't actually bring Quagsire, you should approach team preview differently. Try to have a different core of 3 that supports the Zacian setup, and also reasonably checks Quagsire cores. I recommend using Light Clay Lapras with Zacian, because it helps you with both Quagsire (Freeze-Dry + Sheer Cold for the special wall Chansey), and also denies Ditto the revenge KO on Zacian. Because you are Adamant Zacian, you don't need Quick Attack to get the 1v1 win vs Ditto (+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 153-181 (98.7 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO). Another alternative vs stall teams is Gothitelle, which traps and removes Pokemon like Quagsire.

And as for the EVs, yes, at level 50, 8 EV = 1 stat, but 2 IV = 1 stat as well. Max IV is 31. So 31 IVs and 4 EVs give you 16 extra stat, and every 8 points from there gives 1 more.

Welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately, this will always lose to any Quagsire or Ditto. You probably figured out this much from losing to them over and over again. And unfortunately, no amount of Grass coverage on the team will actually guarantee Quagsire from ever being picked vs Zacian -- your opponent could always patch up their weaknesses by pairing Quagsire with something like Eternatus or Chansey, which makes it super safe for your opponent to bring Quagsire anyways, because it will never have to take the Grass-type hit. Eternatus also has a great matchup vs the rest of the team, so those 2 which are common partners, are definitely coming out together and taking the free W.

Instead of just praying your opponent doesn't actually bring Quagsire, you should approach team preview differently. Try to have a different core of 3 that supports the Zacian setup, and also reasonably checks Quagsire cores. I recommend using Light Clay Lapras with Zacian, because it helps you with both Quagsire (Freeze-Dry + Sheer Cold for the special wall Chansey), and also denies Ditto the revenge KO on Zacian. Because you are Adamant Zacian, you don't need Quick Attack to get the 1v1 win vs Ditto (+1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 153-181 (98.7 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO). Another alternative vs stall teams is Gothitelle, which traps and removes Pokemon like Quagsire.

And as for the EVs, yes, at level 50, 8 EV = 1 stat, but 2 IV = 1 stat as well. Max IV is 31. So 31 IVs and 4 EVs give you 16 extra stat, and every 8 points from there gives 1 more.

Well thank ya! (That was quick!)

When you mention Lapras above does it have to be a Gigantimax Lapras? - I don't even have the expansions yet, nor access to too much outside of what you can get in sword - I have Home and have gotten some interesting (probably hacked) pokemon by trading Meltans from Pokemon go...

Also.... You don't think a power whip after 2 Swords dance passed to a MAX-Attack gryados Can handle Quagsire? - Like.... The Baton can pass two ways ya know.... Whoever gets the boost... Has to try to sweep... - Anyway I really don't wanna do the lock with Gothitelle.... That takes forever right?

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Also.... You don't think a power whip after 2 Swords dance passed to a MAX-Attack gryados Can handle Quagsire? - Like.... The Baton can pass two ways ya know.... Whoever gets the boost... Has to try to sweep... - Anyway I really don't wanna do the lock with Gothitelle.... That takes forever right?
So while yes, Gyarados can beat Quagsire with power whip, I think it’s important to explain how Unaware works just so you know.
Unaware is an ability where the user ignores any stat changes that are affecting the opposing Pokémon. So if you have, say, a +6 Zacian, it will damage the unaware user as if it had no boosts at all. This is what makes Quagsire such a strong counter to Zacian in fact.
Pokémon that use this ability commonly are Quagsire, Clefable and Pyukumuku. While Quagsire is the most relevant user currently, it’s worth keeping an eye out for the other two as well.
If you already know all of this, great! I just don’t want you to go up against an unaware user and sit there in disbelief as you do no damage to it lol.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
You don't think a power whip after 2 Swords dance passed to a MAX-Attack gryados Can handle Quagsire?
This is bad advice because Rindo Berry has 1% usage on Quagsire, but I ran into it and it blew me away with Counter, so make sure you Dynamax Gyara to get the double HP and avoid dying lol.

(also Power Whip can miss and they might just be clicking Scald and burns suck)

252 Atk Gyarados Max Overgrowth (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rindo Berry Quagsire: 124-148 (61.3 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
124, 126, 128, 130, 130, 132, 134, 136, 136, 138, 140, 142, 142, 144, 146, 148

So Counter’s rolls are 248-296. Regular Gyara’s HP is 171 at full, 342 when maxed.

Okay I got a question (And forgive me if I'm asking things that could be answered by me heading over to the damage calculator - I'm just not good at that level of analysis yet)

Anyway - I slapped Quick attack on my Zacian-S...
Does that solve my "ditto problem?"

The logic is... Ditto copies every stat except HP (and I assume that means every ditto runs Max HP IVS etc.)
So let's say I start killing everything with Zacian, and he has.... The standard +3 attack boost he gets from my baton pass +his own ability...

Basically that creates a situation where I'm hoping to OHKO the ditto-zacian, after hopefully tanking a quick attack myself?

Think that's gonna' work? It seems like every time I change my team the specific reason I changed it stops showing up in battles
(With the exception of my brick break on my Blaziken, that move has been putting in WORK)

I also changed up the 3 "mind game" pokemon I don't actually use.... I am now running an Exadrill & a Haxorus & Tyranitar to STRONGLY deter people trying to use mimikyu on me...

Oh and I slapped Stone Edge on Blaziken to hopefully take care of the Zapdos I see on almost every team. (The Exadrill & Tyrantitar should also hopefully deter Zapdos from even being picked during team select.)

I feel what yer saying... Having a real team would be better than having.... A fake one.

So I guess the regular way to handle a ditto would be... To have a pokemon that walls Zacian on the team - OR... To abandon the whole baton pass idea if I see a ditto in team select.

I guess my quick attack idea has no merit huh?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I feel what yer saying... Having a real team would be better than having.... A fake one.

So I guess the regular way to handle a ditto would be... To have a pokemon that walls Zacian on the team - OR... To abandon the whole baton pass idea if I see a ditto in team select.

I guess my quick attack idea has no merit huh?
Correct.

As for Quick Attack, it’s pathetically weak, doesn’t get the STAB boost, Zacian-C resists it due to being a Steel-type, and even if it was strong; Ditto would just go for it against you and move first due to holding a Choice Scarf...

+6 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Quick Attack vs. 252 HP (48 base HP) / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 49-58 (31.6 - 37.4%) -- 90.3% chance to 3HKO

I don’t want to make you feel stupid because you’re clearly very new to the game and we’re more than happy to help, but thinking Quick Attack had any chance at helping with the Ditto matchup shows you have a long way to go. Maybe it’s best to practice with some rental teams or watch some Pokémon battling videos on youtube/twitch to learn some more before butting your head against the teambuilding wall. This ruleset allowing legendaries is super unforgiving to newcomers so I would advise against trying to reinvent the wheel before you even know what you’re doing. Good luck!

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Correct.

As for Quick Attack, it’s pathetically weak, doesn’t get the STAB boost, Zacian-C resists it due to being a Steel-type, and even if it was strong; Ditto would just go for it against you and move first due to holding a Choice Scarf...

+6 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Quick Attack vs. 252 HP (48 base HP) / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 49-58 (31.6 - 37.4%) -- 90.3% chance to 3HKO

I don’t want to make you feel stupid because you’re clearly very new to the game and we’re more than happy to help, but thinking Quick Attack had any chance at helping with the Ditto matchup shows you have a long way to go.
Well cant say, i was saying that Quick Attack helps the ditto matchup if you're using Lapras instead of passing boosts. If you are Jolly, then you need Behemoth Blade + Quick Attack to KO the Ditto, and I was saying because it's Adamant, you don't need it. Which is why I provided that calc there: +1 252+ Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zacian-Crowned: 153-181 (98.7 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Anyways I wasn't expecting my statement to be understood like that or that I will have to literally make the same post 3 times. Hopefully this time

Is AV Tapu Koko good? It was the #2 item season 8 according to Pikalytics, and I've been using it quite sometime. Today, it D-maxed on an also D-maxed Yveltal, triggered WP, and proceeded to live a crit Airstream followed by reg. Darkness. W/ STAB, WP boost, and Dark Aura on the latter that seems really bulky. But idk, it just seems so irregular given Koko's low bulk to run AV is it really worth it for Yveltal(and Kyogre if you Dynamax?)

Also, is Lapras out of place(this series) on teams w/o Zacian/Eternatus? Since it doesn't take Dynamax away from those. I have it and my legend is Clayrex-Ice sometimes they don't seem to go together. But Lapras is my only answer to Arcanine.

Last edited:
Okay.... I finally got the DLCs (Thanks Biden) - I got my Urshifu... I went water type cuz I like to break sashes.

Anyway - So I'm finally making a Standard Rillaboom with grassy glide...

And then I notice.... Rillaboom just got Endeavor....

So.... Rillaboom can do the "F.E.A.R" technique.... And lol.... The acronym actually works with his name.
"Focus Sash, endeavor, Oh......, Rillaboom."
Ummmm.... Isn't that set-up usually a guaranteed kill? (I know it can fail... sash broken etc.... It can fail in MANY ways...)

But when it goes off..... I mean.... Couldn't this take out a Dynamax Zapdos etc?
Like.... Anything non-ghost... (DANG.... Just thought about Shadow Calyrex.......)

Hmmmmm.....

Anyway.....

What are you guy's thoughts about a F.E.A.R Rillaboom?
Seems like when it goes off... It'll go off...

Also.... Grassy glide should be all but guaranteed to get some damage on the following pokemon...

EDIT:
Also - If you TOTALLY committed Rillaboom to "F.E.A.R" - Then you wouldn't really want any EVs in.... Speed.... Or HP...
You also wouldn't want any defense EVs since you WANT Rillaboom to use a focus sash... Meaning the only other place to put the EVs is Spec. ATK.... So now... You have a Rillaboom with a Surprise BoomBurst? Or Leaf Storm? - I know I'm WAY out there right now... But this has been an interesting rabbit hole to dive down.... Even if the idea is stupid...

EDIT 2:
It just occurred to me... That certain Max Moves resetting the ground.... Would ruin this strategy.... Almost to the point that I understand now... Why no one does this....

Is THAT why nobody does F.E.A.R. Rillaboom?

And if nobody does it because it's stupid...... Would it not then be unexpected....?

EDIT 3:
It just now occurred to me... The Max Moves that would likely be used against Rillaboom.... And MAX AIRSTREAM seems like an all-to-often "goto" for most players trying to dynamax sweep -

Fortunately....

That don't reset the ground.... Neither will fire.... Unfortunately The Ice Max Move breaks the sash.... Poison does nothing... And the rarely used Bug doesn't reset anything... Rock types would be kinda stupid to stay in against Rillaboom so.... We're not worried about sandstorm breaking the sash...

I'm mainly thinking of this concept as a lead to just get rid of an opening Zapdos.
And that Max Airstream is usually just too sweet for people to not go for.... So..... At least against that....
Doesn't that work?

Final Edit....

It only does half damage to dynamax Pokemon....... XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Okay.... I finally got the DLCs (Thanks Biden) - I got my Urshifu... I went water type cuz I like to break sashes.

Anyway - So I'm finally making a Standard Rillaboom with grassy glide...

And then I notice.... Rillaboom just got Endeavor....

So.... Rillaboom can do the "F.E.A.R" technique.... And lol.... The acronym actually works with his name.
"Focus Sash, endeavor, Oh......, Rillaboom."
Ummmm.... Isn't that set-up usually a guaranteed kill? (I know it can fail... sash broken etc.... It can fail in MANY ways...)

But when it goes off..... I mean.... Couldn't this take out a Dynamax Zapdos etc?
Like.... Anything non-ghost... (DANG.... Just thought about Shadow Calyrex.......)

Hmmmmm.....

Anyway.....

What are you guy's thoughts about a F.E.A.R Rillaboom?
Seems like when it goes off... It'll go off...

Also.... Grassy glide should be all but guaranteed to get some damage on the following pokemon...

EDIT:
Also - If you TOTALLY committed Rillaboom to "F.E.A.R" - Then you wouldn't really want any EVs in.... Speed.... Or HP...
You also wouldn't want any defense EVs since you WANT Rillaboom to use a focus sash... Meaning the only other place to put the EVs is Spec. ATK.... So now... You have a Rillaboom with a Surprise BoomBurst? Or Leaf Storm? - I know I'm WAY out there right now... But this has been an interesting rabbit hole to dive down.... Even if the idea is stupid...

EDIT 2:
It just occurred to me... That certain Max Moves resetting the ground.... Would ruin this strategy.... Almost to the point that I understand now... Why no one does this....

Is THAT why nobody does F.E.A.R. Rillaboom?

And if nobody does it because it's stupid...... Would it not then be unexpected....?

EDIT 3:
It just now occurred to me... The Max Moves that would likely be used against Rillaboom.... And MAX AIRSTREAM seems like an all-to-often "goto" for most players trying to dynamax sweep -

Fortunately....

That don't reset the ground.... Neither will fire.... Unfortunately The Ice Max Move breaks the sash.... Poison does nothing... And the rarely used Bug doesn't reset anything... Rock types would be kinda stupid to stay in against Rillaboom so.... We're not worried about sandstorm breaking the sash...

I'm mainly thinking of this concept as a lead to just get rid of an opening Zapdos.
And that Max Airstream is usually just too sweet for people to not go for.... So..... At least against that....
Doesn't that work?
Endeavor works weirdly with Dynamax. The HP increase adds a buffer to the Max, so if a 100% HP Zapdos maxes and uses Airstream vs Rillaboom, taking it to 1 HP with the Focus Sash, Endeavor would leave the Zapdos on 51%. Grassy Glide obviously doesn’t pick up the KO after this.

If this did work, I imagine it would actually be decently popular, just like Focus Sash / Sturdy + Counter (or Mirror Coat / Metal Burst) is currently.

This probably could have been deduced by yourself simply by trying the tactic on Showdown or Googling the question.

As for where to put the ‘spare’ 252 EVs; they would absolutely go into Spe. Rillaboom’s base 60 SpA isnt hurting anything even with max investment, and a fast Endeavor is better than being slow and mixed.

I‘d suggest trying Endeavor Rillaboom in Spikemuth Cup where Dynamax is banned, but I don’t think it would even be viable there. A lot of Zapdos are bulky Rocky Helmet there, and would probably just Volt Switch out assuming you to not stay in with Rillaboom, so either your full HP Endeavor goes first, or does barely anything to the Pokémon coming in to replace Zapdos. But probably worth trying at least!

Endeavor works weirdly with Dynamax. The HP increase adds a buffer to the Max, so if a 100% HP Zapdos maxes and uses Airstream vs Rillaboom, taking it to 1 HP with the Focus Sash, Endeavor would leave the Zapdos on 51%. Grassy Glide obviously doesn’t pick up the KO after this.

If this did work, I imagine it would actually be decently popular, just like Focus Sash / Sturdy + Counter (or Mirror Coat / Metal Burst) is currently.

This probably could have been deduced by yourself simply by trying the tactic on Showdown or Googling the question.

As for where to put the ‘spare’ 252 EVs; they would absolutely go into Spe. Rillaboom’s base 60 SpA isnt hurting anything even with max investment, and a fast Endeavor is better than being slow and mixed.

I‘d suggest trying Endeavor Rillaboom in Spikemuth Cup where Dynamax is banned, but I don’t think it would even be viable there. A lot of Zapdos are bulky Rocky Helmet there, and would probably just Volt Switch out assuming you to not stay in with Rillaboom, so either your full HP Endeavor goes first, or does barely anything to the Pokémon coming in to replace Zapdos. But probably worth trying at least!

Well..... I tried it in ranked before I found out the thing in my final edit which you pointed out.

I actually got a kill against a Zapdos (which didn't dynamax for some reason) - And that REALLY got my hopes up about the concept....
Then I tried it against a dynamax pokemon and....... Was flabberghasted..... at it's defeat.

I don't totally hate the concept actually.
On my stupid baton pass team I won't give up on.... It now counts as like... my 5th "real pokemon".... I have enough good pokemon to not rely on going in with my baton pass set-up.

I've actually had a big breakthrough putting protect back on my Blaziken.... The protect lets me "scout" very effectively, and through that... I've become better at switching.... Even predicting switches.

I got to ultra-ball tier using a demonstrably sub-par team...

And that's actually a good thing.... Because actual battle experience is what I need.

Right now my next project is messing with Nihilego - I just traded a Zamazenta for one (I am impatient and I REALLLLY HATE ZAPDOS... So.... I can totally speed-run the game in 7 hours to trade Zacians for almost whatever I want) - I believe Nihilego will solve my Zapdos problem...

Ya know.... I understand I post in a very stoned "stream of consciousness way"....
I am stoned...

And this is a journey.

And the more I keep training the better I'll become.

FORGET ALL THE ABOVE

HOW DOES ONE ACCOUNT FOR TRICK ROOM ON A "NON-TRICK ROOM" TEAM?

Is trick room so meta-warping because of Calyrex that we all basically have to play trick room?

I must admit I actually win about half of my trick room battles....But.... I'm going for a better than 50% win ratio man....

It just seems like..... There's too many nuts to crack at once with these online battles...

Like.... A REALLY GOOD PLAYER - PLAYING THE BEST TEAM -

What's that person's win percentage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)