Rules Past Format Battle Stadium SQSA

Why is Uxie ranked on the series 7 viability rankings? What small niche does it have, and why is it usually not worth using?
Uxie has worse stats than Cresselia, but gets Yawn, SR, and Memento. I'm not 100% sure why it's used little, but there are lots of notable SE attacks on it like Wicked Blow and, not in Series 7 but now, Astral Barrage. It's pretty predictable but then again so is Hippo/Swampert Yawn/Rocks so idk what's so bad about Uxie. Low attacking stats, unlike those other 2.

DerpySuX

its hard to breathe but thats alright
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Why is Uxie ranked on the series 7 viability rankings? What small niche does it have, and why is it usually not worth using?
Uxie is used as a niche SR lead that has all of the following
- Rocks
- Good Bulk
- Yawn
- Decent speed
generally Uxie is outclassed by Hippowdon or Swampert as a bulky rocks setter thanks to their greater longevity, and Swampert having access to a pivoting move. And if you’re looking for a faster, more offensive setter, Garchomp and Landorus generally get the job done better. Uxie is a sort of middle ground between the two extremes that these mons represent.
It’s a very specific niche but can genuinely be quite valuable for certain teams, hence the sparse usage.

What's a good moveset and EVs for Tinkaton? Just caught a Shiny one and want to EV it before using it.
This thing always looked interesting to me. I agree with Omastar, Stabs in play rough and gigaton, knock off seems good. Skitter smack is cool. Fake out maybe? 4 attacks seems best for assault vest which is where my mind immediately goes. That 204 speed jolly is for Bax. That spread seems good to me without diving into it. What item do you even use outside of AV? Mold breaker thunder wave would be nice. Stealth rock and Swords dance too but idk if that would work in games. Personally haven't run into any tink yet, perhaps you'll be my first!

This thing always looked interesting to me. I agree with Omastar, Stabs in play rough and gigaton, knock off seems good. Skitter smack is cool. Fake out maybe? 4 attacks seems best for assault vest which is where my mind immediately goes. That 204 speed jolly is for Bax. That spread seems good to me without diving into it. What item do you even use outside of AV? Mold breaker thunder wave would be nice. Stealth rock and Swords dance too but idk if that would work in games. Personally haven't run into any tink yet, perhaps you'll be my first!
I have av elsewhere, no idea what item. Part of why I removed it I think.

On a separate matter, is Hydreigon a good rocks setter? Idk why it gets SR, but it does. I have a bulky set on my team.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I am currently in the 2000’s on cart looking for some assistance with a good salamence team to climb if anyone can help. I appreciate it greatly

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Sorry to the above question, but I've moved this thread into the Past Format subforum so we can start fresh with a new thread for Scarlet/Violet specifically.

Please continue to refer to this thread if you have questions about old gen stuff, but for SV questions we have a new thread here. Apologies for any confusion this may cause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)