Battle Spot Singles Teambuilding Competition - Diggersby :: BUILDING

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
It's tough to vote since I like both of the other Volcarona + Salamence teams, I'd vote for both if I could tbh. I actually like GateCreeper's Thundurus-T set a lot and think it's the most solid Thundurus-I check there which is really nice, but I kinda prefer the offensive Salamence option and the Specs Rotom-W on NOVED's team is a cool wallbreaking option with them thanks to strong Volt Switch to pivot out. I'm going to go with GateCreeper though, it's a slightly different approach to the Volc/Mence core than usual and I like it.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My vote goes to Psynergy. Volcmence is amazing and the rest of the team compliment it really well. Really like the Conkeldurr to make up for the rock weakness.

Psynergy

All the teams look good so I didn't vote earlier, but decided to now since this thread is dying hard and that might help bring it back. Upon further examination, Psynergy's team seems the best. I really like how everything synergize says so well with everything else. Few weaknesses are shared even by just two mons, and any of those types are covered multiple times over. Conk and Aegi are also really nice cause there are 3 rock weak mons.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
boy howdy i'm bad at this. time to wrap this up and start another week, thanks for reminding me Omastar68 ;-;
Psynergy - 3
ethan06 - 1
GateCreeper - 1

We have a clear winner this week - 6tennis' next stream will feature Psynergy's winning team for the second week running. Thanks all for playing!

~~~~

Week 4:

Diggersby
is undeservedly rare for the wallbreaking power and fortuitous typing that it can bring to a team. With some useful immunities in Electric and Ghost, as well as devastatingly powerful attacks backed up by Huge Power, Diggersby is more than capable of acting as an effective hole-puncher and sweeper in the Battle Spot Singles metagame. Besides being powerful and looking badass, Diggersby has a good matchup against some of the meta's more relevant threats: Huge Power STAB Earthquake and immunity to Shadow Ball make it one of the leading Aegislash checks in the game, and its Ground-typing comes in handy for checking Thundurus. A slew of coverage options, including the likes of Knock Off, Gunk Shot, Wild Charge, and the elemental punches, also give it ways to hit threats that would otherwise wall it such as Gengar, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Suicune. Unfortunately, Diggersby often has to choose which of these Pokémon walls it with its final moveslot, and its stats overall are disappointing, leaving it prone to being outsped and KOed by threats such as Garchomp and Kangaskhan. Despite this, Diggersby can hold its own in the format very well, because if it does manage to get off a hit, 9 times out of 10, something's dying.

Building period: Now until we have enough teams
Voting period: From then until we have enough votes

<3

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Diggersby @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 50
EVs: 180 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 4 SpD/ 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 4 SpD/ 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-o-Wisp
- Drstiny Bond

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/ 20 Def/ 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Reflect

Serperior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 SpA/ 12 SpD/ 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I've used AV Diggersby before, and it's pretty good. In particular it destroys Gengar, which does little with Sludge Bomb-Diggersby can even switch in, just watch out for poison-and OHKOs even bulky Gengar with EQ while burned. The moves are normal enough I think. Rock Slide gets Talon, Zard Y, and Volcarona, and is really nice with para support. Ice Punch for all those dragons, though it's benter if they're parad first so I don't have to take a hit first. Still, Digger is pretty bulky. It can take anything from non boosted or boosting item Chomp, and anything but Outrage from Band.

Cress complements Digger extremely well, providing valuable t-Wave and Lunar Dance support. I deal pretty well with Venu thanks to Mence and Klefki, so I picked Ice Beam over Psychic. Standard max/ Max spread and Helmet.

At first I dismissed Mence thanks to that nasty ice weakness compounded by the rest of my team, but it has some pros here. It resists all of Diggers weaknesses but Ice, and takes Venu to town. The set was suggested to me by ethan06, and I think it's nice to not be destroyed by burn. Spe just for up to Chomp as Mega, I always like to cut back on Spe for a little bulk.

Gengar is immune to fighting which is nice, and it's just generally a good mon. Kang would clash with Digger, hence why it's not even in its top 20 teammates despite being even more common than Gengar. Moves are pretty standard I think. Definitely Hex over Shadow Ball cuz I have lots of status. The Spe is for up to Weavile as Mega and up to 252 Spe Megamence pre mega. That seems plenty to me, little bulk is always nice.

Klefki is pretty great in general too. More t-Wave support, and targets special attackers especially. Reflect to help set up or just live. EVs are focused on special bulk(jroxas explained to me why that's more common than physically bulky-Swagger targets special attackers,) with the SpD EVs seeming to reach a jump point. Max doesn't even seem to change most percentages of OHKOd and 2HKOs I called for.

I really wanted a Spore switch in, but one not weak to ice or killed by Blaziken. That's basically impossible outside of Saftey Goggles tho, so I settled on Serp. Glare is more t-wave support(might be overkill, but crippled Blazi,) and HP Fire is much needed fire coverage, though not really strong enough without boosts. I'm not sure a non bulky Serp can switch in on Loom very well either, this team could use work.

Last edited:
Lol, I've been breeding a bunch of Bunnelby with 3 EMs ingame just today! What a coincidence. I'll be giving this a shot for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)