Battle Mechanics Research

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
I looked up Bulbapedia and Serebii and didn't find I was looking for, so asking here: Do the 4 turns of Tailwind include the turn it is used in?

Can so ebody tell me what happens if a foe uses Giga Impact/Hyper Beam and you use protect on it? Because showdown says it must recharge but after that the move is executed anyway. Fix that anyway please :D

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Can so ebody tell me what happens if a foe uses Giga Impact/Hyper Beam and you use protect on it? Because showdown says it must recharge but after that the move is executed anyway. Fix that anyway please :D
If a Hyper Beam style move hits Protect, it does not need to recharge.

That said, why are you using Hyper Beam?

If a Hyper Beam style move hits Protect, it does not need to recharge.

That said, why are you using Hyper Beam?
I'm not, Giga Impact was used against me by a Dodrio as my Minun protected. Then Dodrio must recharge appeared under the HP bar and I just volt switched thinking I was safe but my mouse got decimated by 150 BP of "flying" fury. And if you wanna ask, I'm using Minun because it's actually good in PU xD.

Something weird just happened with Sky Drop, and I'm not sure whether it's known behaviour.

I used Sky Drop on a Goodra that was using Outrage. The turn it was released from Sky Drop, Goodra used Flamethrower... then somehow became confused due to fatigue.

I didn't have space to save the Battle Video, unfortunately.

Has anyone tested whether using Fling with the ability Magician allows you to steal on the same turn? Anyone who has a hacked Hoopa could test that, or one could get a buddy to help test and use Entrainment/Role Play/Skill Swap to put Magician on a Pokémon with Fling. It's about to become an actual issue what with Hoopa's Psychic/Dark forme with an actual Attack stat and simultaneous access to both Magician and Fling.

As we all know, when the move Perish Song is used, the first Pokemon to faint is always the faster one.

Lately I've been wondering though, is the fainting order in Trick Room conditions determined by the original speed stat, or by the reversed (TR) stat?

breh

強いだね
As we all know, when the move Perish Song is used, the first Pokemon to faint is always the faster one.

Lately I've been wondering though, is the fainting order in Trick Room conditions determined by the original speed stat, or by the reversed (TR) stat?
It's whichever pokemon would move first; afaik in this case the slower mon would die first in trick room (and normally die last outside of it).

Has anyone tested whether using Fling with the ability Magician allows you to steal on the same turn? Anyone who has a hacked Hoopa could test that, or one could get a buddy to help test and use Entrainment/Role Play/Skill Swap to put Magician on a Pokémon with Fling. It's about to become an actual issue what with Hoopa's Psychic/Dark forme with an actual Attack stat and simultaneous access to both Magician and Fling.
Works with power herb on Delphos so I assume it works for Hoopa since the item is deemed as consumed.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
this is regarding perma weather, like if there are 2 primal groudons, when the one who came 1st leaves, sun vanishes
That's what PS does, and it's highly likely that PS is right. Weather has always behaved as "first come first serve". However, someone needs to test that specific case.
has this been confirmed?

If a pokemon uses an ability changing move on a possible mega-evolver, and the receiver did not mega evolve that turn, would their mega ability be that of the mega or of the ability changing move?

That is, if Ferrothorn uses Worry Seed on regular Sableye, Sableye's ability becomes Insomnia. If it mega's next turn, does it become Magic Bounce or Insomnia?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
If a pokemon uses an ability changing move on a possible mega-evolver, and the receiver did not mega evolve that turn, would their mega ability be that of the mega or of the ability changing move?

That is, if Ferrothorn uses Worry Seed on regular Sableye, Sableye's ability becomes Insomnia. If it mega's next turn, does it become Magic Bounce or Insomnia?
Mega evolving replaces any ability that the pokemon had before, even if its base ability and mega ability are the same. So in your case m-sableye's ability would change to magic bounce.

Source: worry seed whimsicott and entrainment dedenne were things in one of the fairy-only battle spot tournaments, and beating them with regular mawile and only mega-ing after they were dead was a good strategy to beat them, since you'd get your huge power back

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
What happens if a Pokemon with Magic Bounce uses a status move on another Pokemon with Magic Bounce? Do the effects bounce endlessly (thus fail), affect the target, or affect yourself?

Does Delta Stream cancel Flying- weakness to Stealth Rock (in Double Battle)?
Also, is Origin Pulse boosted by Mega Launcher?
If Primal pokemon loses its ability, does that cancel weather effects?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is implemented correctly on PS!, but it should be recorded in this thread for ease of access.
Confirming that Primordial Sea does in fact NOT block Will-O-Wisp ingame

(Tested with Arceus WoW on POgre in doubles. Also tested Flamethrower just in case Primordial Sea doesnt block ally moves in general - the flamethrower failed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)