Baton Passin' to BP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to pokemon, and I was trying out a few sets I saw around the internet, and I came across this team using baton pass. They grabbed a stat boost, preventing any one hit kos, then baton passed to the next person, eventually leading to an unstoppable sweeper. I made my own variant of this with a little bit of help, and I'd like to see what you guys think of it.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Stored Power
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind

Espeon is a special sweeper, and the last person to baton pass to. With magic bounce, you stop things like stealth rock and certain status ailments and redirects them, cool huh? With stored power, the baton passing becomes near irrelevant with what stats are used, and the spd EVs makes sure she goes first. Also, by the time I get to her, it's hard to one hit ko her.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Shift Gear
- Ingrain
- Cotton Guard

Smeargle stalls, and has two good buffs by way of cotton guard and shift gear.

Volbeat (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Volbeat tends to paralyze someone, use substitute, and pass on tail glow, something which makes stored power hurt even more than it already does.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Protect

He is my lead, with focus sash you can't kill him before he gets that passive speed boost stack, which in turn makes my entire team faster, and you sword dance on first turn, then pass on second. I do have troubles against moves that hit multiple times however.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Acid Armor
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Yawn

Another staller, he gives acid armor defense to help protect Espeon.

Drifblim @ Focus Sash
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Stockpile
- Substitute
- Amnesia

Another staller, and a fun one at that. Amnesia and stockpile give a good chunk of stats, and you can baton pass them as well. Substitute helps prevent you from getting hurt.

Focus sash is an item I use on everyone except espeon, why? So they can guaranteed pass on their buffs. Espeon normally doesn't get one shot ko'ed by the time I pass to her, and the most I've seen done by a super effective attack is 19%, so the leftovers helps heal her.

This team is weak against a faster starter, if you can outspeed ninjask, even after the speed boost, you pretty much won.

Anyways, would the community rate my team and point out any other flaws you come across and ways to fix it? I'm still fairly new to making good pokemon teams.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)