Baton Pass My A$$ - The Offical RMT and B/W Baton Pass Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a replay of the last few Breloom's I faced. Only have exported text sorry.

Start of turn 1
Ninjask used Substitute!
Ninjask made a substitute!

The foe's Breloom used Swords Dance!
The foe's Breloom's Attack sharply rose!

Ninjask's Speed Boost increases its speed!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
Ninjask used Baton Pass!
JG is ME called Ninjask back!
JG is ME sent out Scizor!

The foe's Breloom used Bullet Seed!
It's not very effective...
Scizor's substitute took the damage!
Hit 2 time(s)!
The foe's Breloom is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 3
Scizor used Iron Defense!
Scizor's Defense sharply rose!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Breloom used Mach Punch!
Scizor's substitute faded!

Start of turn 5
Scizor lost 103 HP! (30% of its health)

Scizor used Substitute!
Scizor made a substitute!

Scizor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6

Scizor used Baton Pass!
JG is ME called Scizor back!
JG is ME sent out Espeon!

Start of turn 7
Espeon used Stored Power!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Breloom lost 60% of its health!
The foe's Breloom fainted!

Start of turn 1
Ninjask used Substitute!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
Ninjask's substitute faded!

Ninjask used Baton Pass!

Start of turn 3
Scizor used Substitute!

The foe's Breloom used Spore!
Scizor's substitute blocked Spore!

Start of turn 4

Start of turn 5
Scizor lost 108 HP! (32% of its health)

Scizor used Substitute!

Start of turn 6

Scizor used Baton Pass!

Start of turn 7
Espeon lost 75 HP! (22% of its health)
Espeon held up its Red Card against the foe's Breloom!
The foe's Espeon was dragged out!

The foe's Espeon lost 17% of its health!

Start of turn 1
Ninjask used Substitute!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
Ninjask used Baton Pass!

Start of turn 3

Start of turn 4
Scizor lost 165 HP! (49% of its health)

Scizor used Baton Pass!

Start of turn 5
It's super effective!
The foe's Breloom lost 80% of its health!
The foe's Breloom fainted!

Let me know what other scenario you think could bring about trouble and I can try to analyze what I would do in that situation. So far I don't have much trouble with Breloom though.
He misplayed against you, and you got very lucky with the number of bullet seed hits. Bullet Seed: 25.89 - 30.35% for 3 hits on your spread, which breaks the sub. Mach Punch: 55.65 - 65.47%, which leaves you with 50% at best if your sub was broken.

Since he didn't break your sub due to a 33% chance, he should have simply set up alongside you to +4 or 6, in which case all he needs to do is spam bullet seed. 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Espeon: 234-282 (70.05 - 84.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, what happens if he gets 4 or 5 hits on you? You are faster than him, so spamming bullet seed is guarenteed to hit espeon, which has no recovery outside moonlight, which against rain/sand/hail is only 25%.

Put simply you got very lucky, especially since he wasn't adamant like he should be, or potentially focus sashed.

He misplayed against you, and you got very lucky with the number of bullet seed hits. Bullet Seed: 25.89 - 30.35% for 3 hits on your spread, which breaks the sub. Mach Punch: 55.65 - 65.47%, which leaves you with 50% at best if your sub was broken.
Which situation are you referring to?

Since he didn't break your sub due to a 33% chance, he should have simply set up alongside you to +4 or 6, in which case all he needs to do is spam bullet seed. 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Espeon: 234-282 (70.05 - 84.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, what happens if he gets 4 or 5 hits on you? You are faster than him, so spamming bullet seed is guarenteed to hit espeon, which has no recovery outside moonlight, which against rain/sand/hail is only 25%.
If its a guaranteed 2hko, then wouldn't red card switch him out? I have never faced someone using that exact tactic, but most of the time if I find myself in a tough situation I can just swap to Espeon and have redcard deal with it. I guess I can look more into the exact situation you are mentioning.

Put simply you got very lucky, especially since he wasn't adamant like he should be, or potentially focus sashed.
Focus sash still loses to red card from my experience and does less damage to Espeon without Life Orb. I see the potential threat, you are mentioning, but I've just never experienced it that way. If you could give me a very specific play by play of what the breloom does (Is he rushing to +6 or attacking at +4, or at +2, etc. Is he never going to spore?) then I can give a more precise answer to the problem. But all I have is those last few replays to go from for now.

I do see the problem though. Breloom can definitely beat me if he gets 5 bulletseed hits, but then, I would argue that he got very lucky ;) Let me know more about the play by play and ill test it out. thanks for the input too

Is this what you meant? I tried playing against myself to replicate it, but I wasn't able to get exactly what you wanted I don't think.
Start of turn 1
Ninjask used Substitute!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
Ninjask used Baton Pass!
afddsa6fsdf called Ninjask back!
afddsa6fsdf sent out Scizor!

The foe's Breloom used Bullet Seed!
Hit 3 time(s)!

Start of turn 3
Scizor lost 211 HP! (62% of its health)

Start of turn 4
Scizor lost 109 HP! (32% of its health)

Scizor used Roost!
Scizor landed on the ground!
Scizor regained health!

Start of turn 5

I tested this 10 times and only 3 of times the Sub was broken on Scizor. Of those 3 times, two mach punches could not kill scizor. Perhaps I just got lucky? I couldn't find a situation where my scizor died though. This was with Life Orb and positive atk nature.

The real reason its easy to beat Breloom with scizor is because when both are at +6 atk and +6 defense, the only attack that Breloom can use to break Subs is priority. This means that if I sub and they use Mach punch, then I can take the hit with scizor and then get a sub up. At this point, I baton pass, and if they break the sub with mach punch then I go to Espeon to 1hko (they used bullet seed) or force them out with red card (they used mach punch). If they use Bullet Seed on my Scizor's Sub, then I switch into Espeon as they break the sub and take some small damage if they manage to get a good number of procs, which is actually the best for me, as Red Card forces them out.

Last edited:
Hey there I just recently got into pokemon again in light of Pokemon X and Y last month and i've been studying extensively on comp. pokemon. I found baton pass to be my favorite style of play because I really appreciate team play. Im using your original team (the one with umbreon) though i'm using him as a counter to dark types AND as a wish passer. I also found that hidden power (fairy) is pretty viable as well as it deals with dark and some of those pesky dragons early game.

I've got a question though. If you were to give Scizor bullet punch, how would you build him EV-wise? And is substitute that important for him to have? Right now i'm running roost-iron defense-bullet punch-baton pass with him. I kinda what him to do more than to just pass iron defense and tank some physical hits in light of him having mega evolution this gen.

I'd like to thank you btw. I got to 1300s in PS (the highest i got since i started playing PS 2 weeks ago) with your original guide as a basis.

Hey there I just recently got into pokemon again in light of Pokemon X and Y last month and i've been studying extensively on comp. pokemon. I found baton pass to be my favorite style of play because I really appreciate team play. Im using your original team (the one with umbreon) though i'm using him as a counter to dark types AND as a wish passer. I also found that hidden power (fairy) is pretty viable as well as it deals with dark and some of those pesky dragons early game.

I've got a question though. If you were to give Scizor bullet punch, how would you build him EV-wise? And is substitute that important for him to have? Right now i'm running roost-iron defense-bullet punch-baton pass with him. I kinda what him to do more than to just pass iron defense and tank some physical hits in light of him having mega evolution this gen.

I'd like to thank you btw. I got to 1300s in PS (the highest i got since i started playing PS 2 weeks ago) with your original guide as a basis.
Glad the team has had some successful for you! Baton Pass is definitely an interesting and unique style of play. EVs for scizor should be max Defense and Health, with some in speed to outspeed choice scarf latias at +3 (which is roughly 40 spe evs I think). Nature should be +Def -SpA. Substitute is nice to help against crits and status. If running bullet punch you chose between Roost and Substitute. I'd probably take Roost over Substitute though. You should try this team, it is much better than my last.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will but I'll have a hard time getting a zapdos in-game though. BTW, shouldn't magic bounce work against topsy turvy? If so then it's the same thing with whirlwind. People are assuming too much that once you break the baton pass chain, then it's over for the baton pass team, which isn't the case.

BTW, hiphiphooray, mega absol has magic bounce. Thoughts?

I will but I'll have a hard time getting a zapdos in-game though. BTW, shouldn't magic bounce work against topsy turvy? If so then it's the same thing with whirlwind. People are assuming too much that once you break the baton pass chain, then it's over for the baton pass team, which isn't the case.

BTW, hiphiphooray, mega absol has magic bounce. Thoughts?
Zapdos is a great addition to stop rain dance teams. I've never played in-game, always through the online battle systems like showdown or pokemon online. Where can I find more information about X&Y? Some were saying that Topsy Turvy couldn't even work past Substitute, is this true? And I'll have to look into mega absol. Absol has pretty weak defenses, but does have access to calm mind and taunt. Could be interesting. It's attack stat is very good, and it has access to sword dance, but I've never been into physical attackers, since calm mind boosts SpAtk there is no real need to pursue physical attack boosts.

And you're right, I may need to upload some replays where I have come back after having my chain ruined several times. Almost every Haze team I face is like this, where I slowly kill off the enemy with some boosted attacks.

Here is the exported text for Scizor running Bullet Punch:
Scizor (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician

EVs: 220 HP / 248 Def / 40 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Iron Defense

- Bullet Punch

- Roost

- Baton Pass

Surprisingly enough, I have also had success with other pokemon outside of scizor. The thing that makes scizor such a great defensive pokemon in my chain is primarily his typing, as the majority of physical attacks are neutral or resisted. Also having a reliable recovery helps. That being said, I have found Durant to be an acceptable replacement for Scizor in my UU Baton Pass team. If you find yourself not using Bullet Punch or wishing you had both Substitute and Recover, maybe give Durant a try in the OU tier:

Durant (M) @ Chesto Berry

Trait: Swarm

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Iron Defense

- Substitute

- Rest

- Baton Pass

Durant actually offers greater physical bulk that scizor. But is outclassed by scizor because it is forced to run Chesto-Rest, which means no leftovers and only 1 heal per game. While this is generally not a problem, it is something to consider. Likewise, Durant has less special defense, making it harder to wall Kyruem-B.

Anyway, experiment with both if you like, and let me know which you find better for your playstyle. As far as not having magic bounce, that is a very big problem. This team only really works because of magic bounce, otherwise skarmory would beat the team alone. Without Magic Bounce, Espeon is simply a special sweeper. Since you have no use of switching in Espeon without magic bounce on anything, other than to get a kill, you could replace espeon with any strong special attacker and run this team like a Baton Pass Chain, rather than a defensive Baton Pass team. In this regard, I would consider getting a Pokemon with the following:

Strong Special Attack and at least 176 speed
A moveset of: Stored Power, Hidden Power Fighting, Substitute, [Recovery Move], as this will provide maximum coverage and block status as well as keep you alive. You should definitely keep Substitute since you cannot reflect paralysis. Recovery is a safe option, but if you may also consider Ingrain or Nasty Plot.
Item should probably be leftovers, although lifeorb or Dark Gem would also be viable options.

If phazers continue to give you a problem, then the only solution outside of Espeon (since I don't imagine reworking the team with Smeargle's Ingrain) would be to use a special sweeper with access to ingrain or the ability suction cups. Octillery is the best option when using Suction Cups, but its still, "meh."

To recap: Using Espeon without Magic Bounce changes the team from a defensive team to a simple baton pass chain. If you chose to do this, then pick a pokemon based on the above criteria to replace Espeon. This new pokemon will be the end all sweeper that you only pass to in order to finish the game.

What do you think about Mega Scizor and his stat values?

It only has increased bulk

Base 70/150/140/65/100/75 - Those are MegaScizor stats.

It only has increased attack by 20 points, which might not be a good trade off for Scizor not to hold another item, although difference in bulk is noticeable (+20 SpD, +40 Defense).

On the other hand, Steel lost two resistances this generation (Dark and Ghost).

I think Mega Scizor will be a great addition to the team. Scizor doesn't entirely need leftovers, since he doesn't take damage from sandstorm, and in general, I've heard speculation that weather effects are playing out to be much less used in X&Y. Additionally, he has Roost to heal up residual damage.

The additional bulk will provide stronger defense and special defense, making scizor a stronger wall. I think this will help him a large amount. While Steel lost two resistances, those two resistances were never really used. There were never any physical ghost attacks to resist, and the only real threat for Dark attacks would be Crunch or Pursuit.

While it was nice to be able to resist a few Dark attacks directed at my special walls, it was normally short lived. The majority of Crunch or Pursuit attacks that Scizor tanked were from Lucario and Tyranitar. In the case of Lucario, outclassed by Close Combat (neutral damage and still stronger). Likewise, Tyranitar normally preferred Fire Blast. I'm sure there are other STAB Dark users that may enjoy this benefit, but I think those normally have access to a stronger move against Scizor anyway.

The additional special bulk is not too significant, but may prove to help versus some attacks. The most noticable use of Scizor's Special Bulk is that after a few Calm Mind boosts, he is able to tank Thunderbolt and Volt-Switch decently. I think this will still be true.

One indirect buff to Baton Pass, which may be the most important, is the general shift from a hyper offense meta, to a bulky offense meta. As speculated by many, X&Y will likely consist of Bulk Offensive Pokemon, less stall and phase tactics, and less weather effects. Combine that with the nerf to critical hits, I see Baton Pass becoming a much stronger style of play.

First I would just like to say that this team is absolutely amazing! It eliminates all of the normal problems with baton pass teams- it is both extremely versatile and extremely consistent. I have been testing it myself for the past few days. If you play smart and don't come across a team with whinsicott, sableye, and imposter ditto (which I did haha). It takes a lot of prediction and analysis of the opponent team, which can make it really rewarding to do well with.

One problem that I have come across is rain teams that have more than one choice specs, stab thunder user- especially if one is thundurus-t. That seems really odd and specific, but I actually ran into two of those during testing. The real problem is specsed thundurus-t thunders or specs jolteon thunders, which are fairly common. One way I tried to combat this was running roost on zapdos in place of substitute or t-bolt. It's not optimal, but you can charge after switching into the first thunder so that you can take the second thunder, and then roost after that. I either got lucky or the new gen 6 mechanics are already implemented, because I wasnt getting paralyzed. Overall, i dont think that it was super necessary, but i prefer to run roost over t-bolt. (I know that you have that option slashed in)

I know that most of this is irrelevant since we are moving on to gen 6, but i figured i would post anyway.

Congrats on the awesome team/guide. I'm excited to see what gen 6 can potentially add to this team (maybe sylveon?). This team is by far one of the most fun teams i have ever played. I wish that i hadnt discovered this play style so late!

First I would just like to say that this team is absolutely amazing! It eliminates all of the normal problems with baton pass teams- it is both extremely versatile and extremely consistent. I have been testing it myself for the past few days. If you play smart and don't come across a team with whinsicott, sableye, and imposter ditto (which I did haha). It takes a lot of prediction and analysis of the opponent team, which can make it really rewarding to do well with.

One problem that I have come across is rain teams that have more than one choice specs, stab thunder user- especially if one is thundurus-t. That seems really odd and specific, but I actually ran into two of those during testing. The real problem is specsed thundurus-t thunders or specs jolteon thunders, which are fairly common. One way I tried to combat this was running roost on zapdos in place of substitute or t-bolt. It's not optimal, but you can charge after switching into the first thunder so that you can take the second thunder, and then roost after that. I either got lucky or the new gen 6 mechanics are already implemented, because I wasnt getting paralyzed. Overall, i dont think that it was super necessary, but i prefer to run roost over t-bolt. (I know that you have that option slashed in)

I know that most of this is irrelevant since we are moving on to gen 6, but i figured i would post anyway.

Congrats on the awesome team/guide. I'm excited to see what gen 6 can potentially add to this team (maybe sylveon?). This team is by far one of the most fun teams i have ever played. I wish that i hadnt discovered this play style so late!

Glad you like the team. And I will openly admit, that I find facing Choiced STAB Thunder much harder than anything else. Whimsicott is actually very easy to beat. Just sit in with espeon, baton pass to ninjask, switch in espeon. Do this over and over as Baton Pass has 64 PP and Whimsicott will eventually switch out or waste all of his short PP moves (encore, leech seed, substitute, stun spore). The end result will be that he will allow you get get a few speed boosts off with ninjask, switch back in as you use mental herb to Baton Pass with speed to Espeon. From there you can kill him with Stored Power or continue to stall if needed, just play smart with PP and its easy. With Sableye, just Toxic it right away and play defense. U should win that easy as well. Ditto, is easy if you keep substitute up at all time. Likewise, if you let ditto copy your Espeon, sometimes red card will save you if you can survive stored power.

As far as the Thunders in rain go, I just try to prioritize special defense asap, but it is hard. Sometimes you can kill frail special attackers like jolteon with a stored power or even scald. Hopefully next generation Zapdos will have Lightning Rod available! That would solve all the problems.

I'm excited for the gen 6 changes to Baton Pass, as most of them are slight buffs. Mr. Mime got buffed with fairy typing, Scizor got MEvo to bring extra bulk, and Scolipede can replace Ninjask too. On top of that special attacks have been nerfed overall, crits have been reduced, and hyper offensive play is less rewarding. We now also see new Pokemon able to contribute, which I will definitely be looking into Sylveon as well as MEvo Absol. I'll probably keep updating this thread, so if your interested feel free to keep checking in. I'd also love to hear other opinions or considerable Pokemon in gen 6!

Edit: Sylveon has a pretty massive special defense stat with good fairy typing and access to calm mind. Seems great so far.

Thanks for all of the great tips. This team can be so ridiculously versatile if you play it right and keep everything healthy. Sableye can be a pain but pp stalling taunt/wearing it down is actually pretty effective. It would be so effective to have stealth rocks on this team but I have no idea how you could fit it in. It seemed unnecessary when I first thought about it, but after testing, the residual damage seems like it could really help against skarm, thunderus-t, and kyurem-b just to name a few, as well as the little switch loops that sometimes occur. This team could definitely be a bit better adapted for sand, but it may lose general consistency and sand is still manageable. I also think it would be helpful to have another form of phazing besides red card, but I dont know what I could possibly sacrifice for it and many battles it would never even be used.

I didnt realize how many things actually got buffed. Mega scizor is looking great. It will probably earn a spot over mega absol on most teams but i guess it is too early to say. I forgot that Mr. Mime got fairy! That is going to be great. That makes sylveon seem a bit more obsolete to be honest. This teem still needs soundproof and having two fairy special walls doesnt seem great. I want some sort of list of what gets baton pass in 6th gen! And please god let lightningrod zapdos happen...

EDIT: This team does so well against good, standard meta teams. This team must have worked wonders in tournaments where no one is really running any gimmicky stuff.

I wish that ingrain could be worked into the team. It is so helpful for keeping everything healthy and pumping out subs... But smeargle is so hit or miss

Last edited:
It would be so effective to have stealth rocks on this team but I have no idea how you could fit it in. It seemed unnecessary when I first thought about it, but after testing, the residual damage seems like it could really help against skarm, thunderus-t, and kyurem-b just to name a few, as well as the little switch loops that sometimes occur.
You have magic bounce man! Once you get smart with your predictions you will find stealth rock is always on your side.
This team could definitely be a bit better adapted for sand, but it may lose general consistency and sand is still manageable.
Sand is best dealt with by Scizor, since he wall the majority of the strong physical attackers. Weather hyper offense is still the hardest to beat, but as always its doable if you predict right. I find Sand harder than Rain, but much less common. Next gen weather hyper offense will be no more (speculation of course, don't quote that haha).
I also think it would be helpful to have another form of phazing besides red card, but I dont know what I could possibly sacrifice for it and many battles it would never even be used.
Try running Roar over Scald on Vaporeon.
I forgot that Mr. Mime got fairy! That is going to be great. That makes sylveon seem a bit more obsolete to be honest. This teem still needs soundproof and having two fairy special walls doesnt seem great.
Yes, able to switch in freely and encore dragon moves. Also a free switch in against dragon tail with no substitute up. As far as sylveon goes, it has massive SpD and SpA plus calm mind and good defensive typing. While it does overlap, it may find a nice place on my team. Scizor may find itself replaced by Scolipede if an Iron Defense start works out. Lots of wiggle room coming up.
I want some sort of list of what gets baton pass in 6th gen!
I'll add a list at the bottom of my main thread for those that are interested in following. Probably get around to it later this week.
EDIT: This team does so well against good, standard meta teams. This team must have worked wonders in tournaments where no one is really running any gimmicky stuff. I wish that ingrain could be worked into the team. It is so helpful for keeping everything healthy and pumping out subs... But smeargle is so hit or miss
I have won several tournaments with this team, which is why I like to think it is solid team. Every final match I always have a bunch of spectators calling me noob for using Baton Pass, but i feel they just view baton pass as the shell smash 1 chance to win teams from the beginning of the B/W era.. If Baton Pass was a gimmick, I couldn't hold ladder rankings and win tournaments on a regular basis. I'm sure with enough practice you will be able to achieve the same results. Glad you have enjoyed the team man, I'll add a list and keep the posts rolling. Ultimately you can look for a X&Y team in the near future.

Last edited:
Man I have a hard time predicting stealth rocks, especially early game when I dont want to randomly waste my red card with espeon before I do a hard sweep with it.I think my problem is I am trying too hard to predict and doing a bad baton swap in for my Espeon, then end up slowly losing it before I can get a solid lead on buffs.

The style of Baton Pass requires a very mixed level of aggression. Not too much, but enough. You don't need +6 all stats to get kills with Espeon. And you can't expect to get kills with only +3 speed. The trick to being successful with this team, in a nutshell, is knowing your power at various stages throughout the meta.

By this I mean, you should know the answer to the following questions at every point in the game:
  • How much damage can I deal? - This goes for Vaporeon, Zapdos, Espeon, and Ninjask for extent. For the following
    • Vaporeon: How much can scald do to this Pokemon at this stage? The main things you need to know are if you can 1HKO a frail special attacker, or 2hko a physical attacker lacking priority when you are faster. Many times you can switch in, tank a strong hit, and kill the threat that has been bothering you all game.
    • Zapdos: How much damage can Thunderbolt do at any stage (+0, +1, +2, etc.) and after using Charge, which gives a bonus. A charge boosted Thunderbolt can kill a lot more than you would expect.
    • Espeon: You should know how many defensive boosts will allow stored power to deal specific damage, and you should know what happens when special multipliers are added in as well. This can get tricky, but eventually you will learn that many pokemon like Breloom, Tentacruel and Toxicroak can all be 1kho with minimal boosts.
    • Ninjask: How many turns of stall can I give myself with my remaining life in order to stall out this player?
  • How much damage can I tank? - If you switch in, will you die from the attack and SR? You should also know when you will take <25% damage so you can know to boost or sub.
  • How fast am I? - You need to know if you are able to outspeed the threat, this is normally not a problem. But involves priority. Dont leave a sub down on Mr. Mime if scizor can 1hko with bullet punch, etc.
Having the answers to these questions will make prediction much easier. Say for instance you are boosting behind a sub with zapdos and a scarfed terrakion comes in with a Stone Edge. Instead of switching to Scizor to tank it and boost, you also can charge, as the sub breaks, then 1hko with thunderbolt on the next turn. Too often do people just focus on boosting instead of getting easy kills.

On the same note, don't try to kill something you can't. Don't switch in Espeon only to find out that you can't kill the Blissey and it kills you with Seismic Toss. If your trouble comes specifically with Espeon, then I'll give you a general rule of thumb to follow:

1. Pass to Espeon when you have a Sub up to protect Espeon from an incoming crit.
2. Pass to Espeon when you have max defense (even if you have no SpA). Unless the enemy has a dark pokemon, you don't need any SpA to sweep with stored power.
3. Pass to Espeon when they present a frail attacker that is weak to your STAB.

Don't worry about Stealth Rock. The majority of my games I Substitute during the Stealth Rock, Protect twice and then Baton Pass from Ninjask. Stealth Rock doesn't need to be reflected unless you see a team preview that would require a lot of switches, like perhaps a Perish Song user or some Volt-turn with priority attacks.

More about team preview: Look for the threats in the threat list. Look for easy kills with any pokemon at unboosted levels, as well as pokemon you won't be able to kill. Also look for priority users and scarfed threats at lower speeds.

That's about all I can think of for now, but as an overview: In order to succeed with this team, you must have a general knowledge of the damage you can deal and take at any stage of the game with a variety of mixed stat boosts. Know when to get easy kills and know when to play defensive. Prediction doesn't need to be anything crazy, if you see a special attacker, switch to Zapdos or Mr. Mime. If you see a physical attacker, switch to Vaporeon or Scizor. (Again, remember switching isn't always required, as sometimes you can kill the enemy outright).

The "prediction" comes more into play with prankster users and specific threats like Politoed. Like for Politoed its beneficial to dry pass on those in order to stay ahead of the switch in and put in Mr. Mime, Zapdos or Espeon. Mr. Mime provides full defensive tactics, you are only wanting to calm mind safely and quickly. Espeon is the opposite, you want to kill this Politoed asap or scare it away with a Stored Power. Zapdos is mixed and gives you the option of using Thunderbolt to kill it, while also allowing you to predict a switch and simply charge or pass again to stay ahead. Mr. Mime is the safest choice, while Zapdos is the hardest to pull off, but often more rewarding. However note that, none of this is required but only makes it easier for you. For an average game, as you can sit with Scizor behind a sub, see the politoed switch in, and pass to Mr. Mime to block the SpA or Perish Song.

It seems like my posts have disappeared along with some of the information you gave me on Emolga. I finally found a way to farm hidden abilities for Pokemon in X and Y, and I was trying to find the stats you posted for it and it is gone now. I would appreciate it if you could possibly repost. I needed it as an alternative to Zapdos, because I can't get a Zapdos currently. Thanks again, and I am sorry for any inconvenience. :/

Haha ya but most people don't like to throw around stealth rocks too much when they see an espeon in the team preview!

Generally, scizor and vaporeon can handle general sand. It's just when they start throwing in rotom-ws and stuff that it gets a bit dicey. Weather hyper offense is definitely coming to an end. It just doesn't stack up anymore this gen.

I tried roar, but scald is definitely more versatile.

Mega scizor, from my testing last night, is absolutely fantastic. Sooo bulky.

I have been running scolipede over ninjask and it is working great. You need to invest in speed, but it is still bulkier and has a better typing in my opinion. The normal weakness to stealth rocks is a godsend.

It seems like my posts have disappeared along with some of the information you gave me on Emolga. I finally found a way to farm hidden abilities for Pokemon in X and Y, and I was trying to find the stats you posted for it and it is gone now. I would appreciate it if you could possibly repost. I needed it as an alternative to Zapdos, because I can't get a Zapdos currently. Thanks again, and I am sorry for any inconvenience. :/
Can A mod please explain why these posts were deleted? They contained valuable information...

When building any pokemon for a baton pass team you can assume that you dont need speed, or the ability to tank mixed attacks. Emogla is designed to tank only special attacks, so build a spread of something like 252 HP, 252 SpD. Tweak health so it isn't divisible by 4, and you'll be fine.

Here is my preferred build:
Emolga (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Motor Drive

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Charge

- Substitute

- Encore

- Baton Pass

Wonderful. Unfortunately, this is a forum for getting your team rated. I'm glad you've done well with BP, but maybe you should consider seeing if you can write a guide for the site?

ps this is pompous as fuck just saying

pps if you want to discuss sylveon sets go do it in uncharted territory not a gen 5 rmt jesus christ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)