SM OU Basic team but i think improvement is needed!

Hi everyone!
I created this team just by throwing every strong Pokemon I could find on the team. However, some improvements might be needed. I got up to 1250 at the ladder with the team.
Here’s the team!

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Pretty basic Heatran. Heatran is good for his ability to set up rocks, switch into fire attacks and trap stuff. I prefer magma storm over lava plume because I can trap stuff, then cripple it with toxic. Downside is the terrible accuracy and losing the potential burn from lava plume. Protect allows me to recover some hp with my leftovers and stall out toxic and magma storm damage. Stealth rock is also a very good move if I have time for it. With these ev’s it can eat one hydro pump from greninja, allowing you to set up stealth rock.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog

The usual landorus. With the scarf, it can outspeed almost anything, making sure you can always attack first. U turn is to gain momentum, earthquake is a strong stab attack. Stone edge hits stuff like tornados very hard. I tried explosion, but I think defog is better. Ik really helps when zapdos dies and the opposite trainer keeps stacking hazards. This Pokemon pairs nice with Heatran, switching into the ground type moves like earthquake, often forcing the opponent to switch.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Standard greninja. it may be frail, but with specs it hits like a truck. Hydro pump is a insanely powerful water STAB attack, only problem is the accuracy. Water shuriken is obvious. I am not sure about the spikes tho. Dark pulse is a good STAB boosted attack. The flinch also helps. The ev’s maximise its damage output, dealing even more damage with the battle bond activated.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Scizor is a interesting Pokemon. I may be slow, but technician boosted bullet punch really helps. I tried lots of Pokemon, including medicham-m, charzard-m and Mega Alakazam. However, Scizor works the best with this team. It’s my only answer to Chansey. I prefer knock off over superpower, as i really need to be able to knock off stuff like evolite and leftovers. I think roost and swords dance are obvious

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

My defogger. Not really much to say about it. Static over pressure as ik never had a battle where pressure makes the difference. Static can really help. Heat wave also pressure Ferrothorn, one of the main hazard setters in the tier. Discharge is preferred over thunderbolt because the higher chance of paralyze. I stole the ev’s and the nature from smogon. The rest of the set too ;)

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

My last Pokemon and one of my sweepers. With one or two shift gears, it can KO almost everything, making it a dangerous treat to other teams. Thunderbolt with electrum z hits almost everything for neutral damage. Ice beam eats dragon, flying and grass types, giving me good coverage. Focus blast is mainly here for Heatran and Tyranitar. Maybe replace it with pain split? The lack of healing frustrates me

Threats:
M-swapert in rain.
It just sweeps my intire team :(
Ditto
Not really a treat, just annoying
There sure are other Pokemon but I just don’t notice them.

Hi everyone!
I created this team just by throwing every strong Pokemon I could find on the team. However, some improvements might be needed. I got up to 1250 at the ladder with the team.
Here’s the team!

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Pretty basic Heatran. Heatran is good for his ability to set up rocks, switch into fire attacks and trap stuff. I prefer magma storm over lava plume because I can trap stuff, then cripple it with toxic. Downside is the terrible accuracy and losing the potential burn from lava plume. Protect allows me to recover some hp with my leftovers and stall out toxic and magma storm damage. Stealth rock is also a very good move if I have time for it. With these ev’s it can eat one hydro pump from greninja, allowing you to set up stealth rock.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog

The usual landorus. With the scarf, it can outspeed almost anything, making sure you can always attack first. U turn is to gain momentum, earthquake is a strong stab attack. Stone edge hits stuff like tornados very hard. I tried explosion, but I think defog is better. Ik really helps when zapdos dies and the opposite trainer keeps stacking hazards. This Pokemon pairs nice with Heatran, switching into the ground type moves like earthquake, often forcing the opponent to switch.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Standard greninja. it may be frail, but with specs it hits like a truck. Hydro pump is a insanely powerful water STAB attack, only problem is the accuracy. Water shuriken is obvious. I am not sure about the spikes tho. Dark pulse is a good STAB boosted attack. The flinch also helps. The ev’s maximise its damage output, dealing even more damage with the battle bond activated.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Scizor is a interesting Pokemon. I may be slow, but technician boosted bullet punch really helps. I tried lots of Pokemon, including medicham-m, charzard-m and Mega Alakazam. However, Scizor works the best with this team. It’s my only answer to Chansey. I prefer knock off over superpower, as i really need to be able to knock off stuff like evolite and leftovers. I think roost and swords dance are obvious

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

My defogger. Not really much to say about it. Static over pressure as ik never had a battle where pressure makes the difference. Static can really help. Heat wave also pressure Ferrothorn, one of the main hazard setters in the tier. Discharge is preferred over thunderbolt because the higher chance of paralyze. I stole the ev’s and the nature from smogon. The rest of the set too ;)

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

My last Pokemon and one of my sweepers. With one or two shift gears, it can KO almost everything, making it a dangerous treat to other teams. Thunderbolt with electrum z hits almost everything for neutral damage. Ice beam eats dragon, flying and grass types, giving me good coverage. Focus blast is mainly here for Heatran and Tyranitar. Maybe replace it with pain split? The lack of healing frustrates me

Threats:
M-swapert in rain.
It just sweeps my intire team :(
Ditto
Not really a treat, just annoying
There sure are other Pokemon but I just don’t notice them.
Some pointers, in chronological order OFC.
Spdf Heatran doesnt feel like its helping on the team. Replacing it could help you out a lot versus top threats of the tier. Try switching to Tapu Fini to ease your greninja MU and provide a steady defog.
Lando-t should be either lefties or rocky helmet in my opinion, since heatran should be replaced and getting a reliable rocker is huge.
Mega Scizor needs u-turn over knockoff, as the simple yet effective momentum gain can be huge in a MU.
Zapdos should have some speed, so it can take on mons like specs magnezone better. The SPA isnt neccesary either. Run 252 HP 240 Def 20 Spe to better tank kartana. U-turn can be appreciated too, so relegating defog to tapu fini will help out a lot to make Zapdos less of a momentum drain.
Magearna should have max speed (no need for timid tho) even on shift gear sets, so after one shift gear it can threaten scarf lando-t and other fast threats. Also, quick preference here, but HP fire should *imo* be run on an electrium z set over focus blast so you have a better ferrothorn MU. Magearna is already able to chunk heatran with z-thunderbolt, so taking care of a weakened ferrothorn should be more important in this situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)