Data Base Stat Changes

How do tell if a base stat also have good IVs without going to the IV Chercker guy? I've seen tutorial videos with narrator being able to do this.

Oh.. I wasn't sure what the fuck you were asking lol Try metalkid's iv calc
I have tried metalkid's calc, but it needs too much info that I don't have like what da IV checker been saying. I just feel like there's a way to look at the summary of a pokemon and be able to tell which stat is the number that also means that the IV is good. So is there cause I've seen vids where person seemed to know how ??

If you don't have things like what the IV Checker is saying, maybe go to the IV Checker in Kiloude and see what he is saying

e: Okay wait I see now.
People on videos have probably already used the IV Checker dude or know enough about how hte IVs influence stats (it's a flat addition to stats I believe) that they can recognize what a high IV stat looks like.

Last edited:
If you don't have things like what the IV Checker is saying, maybe go to the IV Checker in Kiloude and see what he is saying

e: Okay wait I see now.
People on videos have probably already used the IV Checker dude or know enough about how hte IVs influence stats (it's a flat addition to stats I believe) that they can recognize what a high IV stat looks like.
yea ! that's what I am trying to figure out how to do it myself. Soooooo, how high does a base stat has to be to know it's going to have a high IV too?? There's gotta be some formula that can be done on da spot, so don't need to keep going back to the IV Checker.

yea ! that's what I am trying to figure out how to do it myself. Soooooo, how high does a base stat has to be to know it's going to have a high IV too?? There's gotta be some formula that can be done on da spot, so don't need to keep going back to the IV Checker.
Bulbapedia has a formula on one of the pages about stats that allows you to calculate your IV.

The formula for the stat is (Base stat*2+IV+EV/4)*Level/100+5, for HP it's (Base stat*2+IV+EV/4)*Level/100+Level+10.

The easiest way to check this way is to go to the Battle Institute, and enter a battle with the mons you want to check. Take note of their lv. 50 stats, and you can calculate their IVs to within 1 (IE: 30 or 31, 24 or 25, etc.). Or you can just go to the IV Checker, since eventually the imperfect IVs stop mattering altogether.

Bulbapedia has a formula on one of the pages about stats that allows you to calculate your IV.

The formula for the stat is (Base stat*2+IV+EV/4)*Level/100+5, for HP it's (Base stat*2+IV+EV/4)*Level/100+Level+10.

The easiest way to check this way is to go to the Battle Institute, and enter a battle with the mons you want to check. Take note of their lv. 50 stats, and you can calculate their IVs to within 1 (IE: 30 or 31, 24 or 25, etc.). Or you can just go to the IV Checker, since eventually the imperfect IVs stop mattering altogether.
ok. i am going to try this formula. BUT How can I enter a number in the "IV" spot in this formula since that's what I am trying to figure out??

oh ok. Now just need to brush up on my algebra
IV = ((100(Stat - 5))/Level) - (Base Stat * 2) - (EV/4)

e: Wait bulbapedia has a nature thing so it's probably more like
IV = ((100((Stat/[Nature Value])-5)/Level) - (Base Stat * 2) - (EV/4)

Nature is +/- 10%

Stat change takes time to check for since it actually requires you to check everything individually instead of spamming Heart Scales of Rare Candy, give it some time, there might be some.

Stat change takes time to check for since it actually requires you to check everything individually instead of spamming Heart Scales of Rare Candy, give it some time, there might be some.
Or, you could just check its stats in BW2, then transfer it and check its stats in XY, and see if there's a difference.

Or, you could just check its stats in BW2, then transfer it and check its stats in XY, and see if there's a difference.
Many of the transfers done for testings were done when the Pokemons were at a low level so they could check for movepool, and +10 to stat won't be that apparent when your Pokemon is at a low level.

It's possible that they buffed Castform's Forecast ability to change its stats when it transforms, but that's just wishful thinking from me. It's worth testing, though.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Someone better at this than me confirm the numbers here:

currently look to be:

Mega Latias:
80/100/120/140/150/110

Mega Latios:
80/130/100/160/120/110

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)