Data Base Stat Changes

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As many of you are probably becoming aware of, base stats for some old Pokemon have changed. Checking all of these old Pokemon is going to take a lot of time for the stats team. If you find a Pokemon with different base stats, please report it here and we will do what we can to get it figured out. Thanks.

Exact Increases Known
Butterfree (SpAtk = 90)
Beedrill (Atk = 90)
Pikachu (Def = 40 / SpDef = 50)
Raichu (Spe = 110)
Wigglytuff (SpAtk = 85)
Alakazam (SpDef = 95)
Azumarill (SpA = 60)
Scolipede (Atk = 100)

Reported/Potential
Clefable
Ampharos
Swalot
Roserade
Exploud

The following list has been brought up for consideration but ruled unlikely
Lapras
Heracross
Chatot
Jumpluff

Last edited:
Do you want us posting in this thread if we can confirm a Pokemon's BST doesn't change, saving time for people searching? It would be time consuming but we have so many researchers here now that I think it could be done without anyone having to strain themselves finding out.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The only issue I have with that is that stats can appear the same given the right IV combination.
For example, a stat increase of 10 could appear normal with an IV <11

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think all of Wigglytuff's stats should be looked at, it just seems far bulkier from what I've seen playing through the game.

Somebody reported in the XY Data a change in Ampharos' defense

<Noted>

Last edited by a moderator:
The only issue I have with that is that stats can appear the same given the right IV combination.
For example, a stat increase of 10 could appear normal with an IV <11
With careful IV checking, it could be possible to debunk that. It'd take a while, but if we want to be sure all the stats are correct, it's the only way...

Toast++

It would require multiple tests of every single Pokemon with specific known IVs from a reliable source. That seems a bit out of reach, to be honest.

Instead, I'd like to take the "it stays the same unless proven otherwise" would work best.

Technically speaking, it is much easier to disprove something than it is to prove something.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
best recourse imo will be to wait till December when PokeBank opens up, we can all transfer our flawless RNG'd mons and check for exact stat change variables for the original mons.
till then Toast's "it stays the same unless proven otherwise" mechanic can remain in force if we manage to manually weed out pokemon with stat differences.

I don't know by how much, but it seems Azumarill received a boost to SpAtk. Currently at Lvl 45, mine has 63 SpAtk with <31 IVs and 0 EVs. According to Gen V numbers the maximum possible SpAtk at lvl45 and 0EVs is 56.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
best recourse imo will be to wait till December when PokeBank opens up, we can all transfer our flawless RNG'd mons and check for exact stat change variables for the original mons.
till then Toast's "it stays the same unless proven otherwise" mechanic can remain in force if we manage to manually weed out pokemon with stat differences.
Friend Safari guarantees a few perfect IVs. For the Pokemon rumored to have stat changes, you can just catch a Friend Safari version of that Pokemon until you get a perfect IV for the stat in question.

Toast++

Either way will work. We'll handle getting the adjusted stats, this thread is just for reporting the affected pokemon.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wigglytuff receives +10 SpA. No other changes.

Butterfree received +10 SpA. No other changes.

Someone from 2ch post these stat changes...is there anyone wanna verify these?

ヤドラン D80→D95 Slowbro Sp.D 80->95
ローブシン A140→A130 Conkeldurr Atk 140->130
ライチュウ S100→S110 Raichu Spe 100->105
ペンドラー A90→A100 Scolipede Atk 90->100
ユキメノコ C80→C90 Froslass Sp.A 80->90
メタグロス A135→A140 C95→C90 Metagross Atk 135->140 Sp.A 95->90
サザンドラ A105→A100 S98→S103 Hydreigon Atk 105->100 Spe 98->103
ガブリアスS102⇒104 C80⇒78 Garchomp Spe 102->104 Sp.A 80->78
ボーマンダS100⇒105 A135⇒130 Salamence Spe 100->105 Atk 135->130

-----------

↓↓Thanks!

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I'll test the frosslass and report back

Edit: 35 SpA Level 30 Snorunt evolved into a 53 SpA Froslass. This lines up exactly with its normal 80 SpA. The list is fake.

Last edited:
I have run into trouble trying to calculate my Azumarill's SpAtk stat a few times. I will check again with the IV calculator and come back. Would you like pictures of the Azumarill if it comes back erroneous with known base values?

I have run into trouble trying to calculate my Azumarill's SpAtk stat a few times. I will check again with the IV calculator and come back. Would you like pictures of the Azumarill if it comes back erroneous with known base values?
This might not have any thing to do with stat changes, but weren't stat calculations supposed to change in these game?

This might not have any thing to do with stat changes, but weren't stat calculations supposed to change in these game?
Most of the stat calcs so far have been consistent with what we know. There have been rumors to the contrary, I'm sure, but there are rumors about most things.

Would anyone be willing to test Silcoon and Cascoon? I'm curious to know if both of their stats are still exactly the same as one another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)