Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assurance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
CB assurance Ttar is kinda where the whole idea for the team started, so of course its gonna be here. Ttar and Gapdos are my two ways of discouraging defog attempts, as Ttar beats a lot of common defoggers such as Zapdos and Tornadus. Other than assurance, the set os completely standard Banded Tar, fire punch for steels and ice punch for grounds, you know the vibes.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
Ferrothorn was the most obvious pick for a spike setter. The EV spread is enough SpDef to live a specs modest Lele focus blast from full and the rest is dumped into physdef. Knock off is especially helpful here to remove the boots of any mons that would hope to switch into assurance without it getting the power boost from taking hazards earlier that turn. Gyro ball and sassy nature is to ensure the OHKO on Lele and could come in handy vs trick room I guess. Thunder wave is thunder wave, its annoying to deal with and it can cripple so many mons that rely on speed.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
Exca is here as hazard removal that doesn’t also have the drawback of getting rid of my own hazards. Its also my rocker and since I have a Ttar on my team I went with sand rush so it could also double as speed control. The EV spread is just to be a bulky utility mon, damage isn’t my main focus here so Im fine with the power drop that comes with no attack investment, although I may put some attack EVs there to secure a certain KO at a later time. I also forgot to give it a nature in the paste so please ignore that.

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Rest
- U-turn
Gapdos is to discourage and punish defog attempts, allowing me to force my opponent into a scenario where they can either A:Defog hazards away at the cost of taking huge damage on something if not outright losing the mon entirely or B:Keep the hazards up and continue taking residual chip on their switches, which either way is a pretty good trade for me. Rest was a typo that somehow got through while building, it was originally meant to be blaze kick for Aegislash ig, the mons coverage moves are a little lacking imo but thats besides the point, the point is fuck it we ball.

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Teleport
- Slack Off
I put this guy one so many of my teams just because its my go to Lele switch in. It also beats shit like Volcanion and Heatran which is nice too but its main purpose is as a tp pivot that beats Tapu Lele. I also forgot to put the last four EVs in physdef so like don’t flame me for that.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Toxic
- Ice Punch
This slot was originally Tapu Fini as I noticed that my team was very weak to Weavile, only having a Ferro with some physdef investment to take it on, however putting Fini here also left me a bit weak to Kart and Exca wouldnt be able to cover Zeraora due to it being weak to cc, so I put Buzzwole instead to cover all the things I need Fini for plus all the things I just listed above. I was considering boots over helmet as this EV spread can just barely take two surging strikes from full, but I realized that if I had sand up I’d be putting myself in range either way, so I decided to go with helmet to worst case scenario force them to either trade Urshifu to KO Buzzwole or to switch out allowing me to get a roost off. Movesets pretty standard, cc for stab, toxic to spread even more passive damage, ice punch for shit like Torn and Lando, and roost for recovery.

I think T-Wave+gyro Ferro is discouraged. W/ the para speed debuff...de-buffed, I think it might be ok, since you don't outspeed much even parad to iron head. But there is BP. Even if you're slower than the parad Mon, the BP of gyro is halved. Perhaps run iron head anyway, hopefully others have insight into this.

I think T-Wave+gyro Ferro is discouraged. W/ the para speed debuff...de-buffed, I think it might be ok, since you don't outspeed much even parad to iron head. But there is BP. Even if you're slower than the parad Mon, the BP of gyro is halved. Perhaps run iron head anyway, hopefully others have insight into this.
I think I could probably swap twave for leech seed, gives even more passive recovery and damage on top of all the hazards going around. I don’t wanna run iron head just so I can secure the OHKO on Lele, she scares me.

Don’t really see the point of rest on Zapdos your just allowing things like sd kartana and garchomp to set up and sweep maybe replace with drill peck if you still want to hit with a flying move but don’t want the recoil idk

oh my. I didn't look much assuming I could hardy help OU w/o knowing it, but yeah. No CB Rest xd. Blaze Kick or w/e should be fine

Edit: you could also try throat chop or counter.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)