Balanced team ft weather.

Hey guys, I've been using this team for a while now and I've had some success, so far have gotten to 1300 in suspectOU.

Without further ado,

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earthquake
- Air Slash

He's the reason I wanted to make the team. Nothing not called chadelure or heatran enjoys a fire blast in the sun from this guy. Solar beam deals with waters trying to wall him, earthquake is there for heatran and chandelure. It was a toss up between earthquake and roost, but I think earthquake works better as heatran is very common.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Very generic conkeldurr build, knock off hits many ghost and psychics if I predict a switch. Ice punch for dragons and gliscor/landorus. Drain punch to sustain, and guts because people love burning and poisoning him.

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 184 HP / 4 SDef / 68 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Sweep

He's useful as a check to lots of intimidate users, enjoys sticky web, his stab knock off hits really hard. Between knock off, iron head and low sweep he has near perfect neutral coverage. Low sweep is there to nail checks on the switch, sometimes making them slow enough to finish. He also deals with special aegislash fairly well.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

My go to physical wall and sandstorm inducer. Earthquake can beat physical aegislash, stealth rock and whirlwind work well together, slack off gives him semi reliable recovery.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

He's my special wall ( close enough considering I'm running AV twice) Typical set, chestorest. I use him to absorb lots of statuses and to stop physical attackers. Specially defensive isn't often seen, when this comes in against talonflame most players switch, and other physical mons fear burns.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My favourite revenge killer, sometimes even a sweeper if necessary. Can switch in on earthquakes and his draco meteor is always gonna hurt.

Hidden power fire works nicely with zard's drought and people don't see it coming often, landing me kills against the few double fire weak pokemon out there. In sun, heatran walls this set pretty hard if he's specially defensive, but if the sun is gone, it's a clean 2HKO with surf.

At this point, I haven't had any issues with hazards but I know I have a terrible weakness with charYzard on my team and no way to remove them. Unsure how to deal with this currently. I've been playing a race, pressuring my opponent into not being able to get a spin/defog off without losing his rapidspinner/defogger.

Any suggestions appreciated.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
cool team!

I've got a few suggestions on moves that should help you out. Charizard-Y is actually decently bulky, so roost is a great move to use on it. I'd suggest it over air slash as char's other 3 attacks have great coverage. With conkledurr's naturally high hp and assault vest, you gain alot more overall bulk by running max spdef over max hp. I'd give pursuit a try on bisharp as the ability to trap latias, charizards main counter is greatly appreciated. Finally, I'd use life orb on latios as its still strong, and the freedom to switch moves is usually more useful than the extra power. I'd also give thunderbolt a try over surf; its better overall neutral coverage and hits mandibuzz, azumarill and togekiss, 3 of latias' main counters for a 2hko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)