BH Balanced Hackmons

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Most players rarely use weather mons in BH. However, there are some very strong, but niche, attackers that appreciate weather support. I'll briefly touch on each of them below. Just know that weather teams can be very fun to use but are normally more matchup dependent than other common building styles.

SUN
This post shows a very fun sun team made by sugarhigh. Choice Band Tinted Lens V-create from Blaziken with sun support hits incredibly hard. Other potential sun sweepers are limited to Reshiram and Blacephalon but these usually require more team support.

RAIN
For rain, sets like the one below have very limited switch-ins while rain is up. Other rain sweepers include Ash-Greninja or Palkia, usually running similar sets to the one below, or Swift Swim in Palkia's case.
Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Filler
- Filler

SAND
Sand is usually used defensively or to deter Shedinja from coming in, but this post showcases a fun offensive sand team made by Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request). With so many abilities to choose from in this meta, sand based abilities like Sand Rush and Sand Force just aren't that appealing. This makes it tough to build a great offensive sand team.

HAIL
Hail and sand are kind of in the same boat. Hail's most appealing aspect is the ability to set Aurora Veil, which is talked about in this post. Note the lack of Ice-types in his teams. This is because viable Ice-types outside of the Kyurems are almost nonexistent in BH. Like with sand, hail based abilities like Slush Rush have almost no niche to make them worth using.

Well, gen 7 is basically over now. So I guess I am too.

I've been juggling the idea for a while now, but a few things happened that helped me make my choice to "quit" bh. I don't plan to play gen 8 bh and I don't really have any interest in it. I'm gonna still be around, hoping to be able to reboot mbh with anaconja. We'll be running a "natdex bh", in quotes bc instead of making the meta be gen 8 with the assumption that we could transfer old mons, itll be an updated gen 7. Megas, z-moves, and cut moves would be in, but mechanics and moves that have been altered from gen7 will be changed. Unless theres an EV limit. Fuck that noise. Also new mons and abilities, ofc.

Anyway, gen7 bh was a trip. I've been around since it started and it's been a wild ride. While I still don't think I can call myself a notable player after all the time put into it, my time here got me some lasting friends that I hope I don't end up losing any time soon.

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - started out as somewhat of an idol, ended up being the oldest and one of the closest friends I've managed to make in this unmeta. Was probably one of the strongest driving forces behind me wanting to improve at the game and one of the biggest reasons I stuck around to begin with
pazza - another one of the coolest dudes. mans has rly grown up since i first met him, idt he gets enough credit for that lmao. Hes like 14 and thats something thats usually mocked but ive legitimately had more mature conversations with him than ive had with an embarrassing amount of adults ive met on the sim
Magii - an epic guy would be cool if he was more active so i could have more recent things to talk about LOL. arguably the most chill person i got to meet tho i miss u come back
Anaconja - i remember back when we were just two om room shitposters, now weve evolved to two discord shitposters who pretend they know what theyre doing in this wack metagame. I probably casually interacted with you way before i did sl, but it took a while for us to rly become friends. Im glad we did tho cause you are genuinely top 2 funniest people i know and idk i feel like i can relate to you on a different level than the other goons.
Chazm - this mans is a fucking om room staff member and i still dont know what he sees in me. props to him for always respecting me as a person and always being someone who i could talk to.
xavgb - i bullied him into playing bh and it was the single worst choice i made during this entire gen now the meta is ruined by gar and his influenced caused me to unleash that which should not be named unto the game oh god oh fuck. incredibly fun to talk to and unbelievable in that hes good at the game despite fucking around almost all the time. can always expect him to be honest and give me a nice beating with shitty memes.

Anyway thats my shoutouts out of the way. To everyone else who wasnt a dick to me for like 70% of my time here, thanks! really appreciate that. You made my time in a meta where it felt like few respected me actually enjoyable. Like I said, I had a good time and it kinda really sucks that I have to say goodbye to all this, shoutouts gamefreak.

Have fun in gen 8 bh guys.

Thanks.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Well, gen 7 is basically over now. So I guess I am too.

I've been juggling the idea for a while now, but a few things happened that helped me make my choice to "quit" bh. I don't plan to play gen 8 bh and I don't really have any interest in it. I'm gonna still be around, hoping to be able to reboot mbh with anaconja. We'll be running a "natdex bh", in quotes bc instead of making the meta be gen 8 with the assumption that we could transfer old mons, itll be an updated gen 7. Megas, z-moves, and cut moves would be in, but mechanics and moves that have been altered from gen7 will be changed. Unless theres an EV limit. Fuck that noise. Also new mons and abilities, ofc.

Anyway, gen7 bh was a trip. I've been around since it started and it's been a wild ride. While I still don't think I can call myself a notable player after all the time put into it, my time here got me some lasting friends that I hope I don't end up losing any time soon.

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - started out as somewhat of an idol, ended up being the oldest and one of the closest friends I've managed to make in this unmeta. Was probably one of the strongest driving forces behind me wanting to improve at the game and one of the biggest reasons I stuck around to begin with
pazza - another one of the coolest dudes. mans has rly grown up since i first met him, idt he gets enough credit for that lmao. Hes like 14 and thats something thats usually mocked but ive legitimately had more mature conversations with him than ive had with an embarrassing amount of adults ive met on the sim
Magii - an epic guy would be cool if he was more active so i could have more recent things to talk about LOL. arguably the most chill person i got to meet tho i miss u come back
Anaconja - i remember back when we were just two om room shitposters, now weve evolved to two discord shitposters who pretend they know what theyre doing in this wack metagame. I probably casually interacted with you way before i did sl, but it took a while for us to rly become friends. Im glad we did tho cause you are genuinely top 2 funniest people i know and idk i feel like i can relate to you on a different level than the other goons.
Chazm - this mans is a fucking om room staff member and i still dont know what he sees in me. props to him for always respecting me as a person and always being someone who i could talk to.
xavgb - i bullied him into playing bh and it was the single worst choice i made during this entire gen now the meta is ruined by gar and his influenced caused me to unleash that which should not be named unto the game oh god oh fuck. incredibly fun to talk to and unbelievable in that hes good at the game despite fucking around almost all the time. can always expect him to be honest and give me a nice beating with shitty memes.

Anyway thats my shoutouts out of the way. To everyone else who wasnt a dick to me for like 70% of my time here, thanks! really appreciate that. You made my time in a meta where it felt like few respected me actually enjoyable. Like I said, I had a good time and it kinda really sucks that I have to say goodbye to all this, shoutouts gamefreak.

Have fun in gen 8 bh guys.

Thanks.
Regardless of Gen 7 past shenanigans, I will miss your contributions. Bygones are bygones, and even though Gen 7 ended like... yesterday. I feel that all of the past is exactly where it belongs, in Gen 7, as all of that is so — last Generation! ;)
——————
I am really proud of the growth I have witnessed in many people. In my last credit given post I had forgotten to mention Greenheroes who was always a light of guidance for me when I would ask questions anywhere, even, and especially, in PS! battles.

I feel that seeing growth in people isn’t in just what they learn, but in what they can teach. I always enjoyed playing to learn and sharing my useful advice, creative ideas, and overall metagame implication concerns (Moxie/Beast Boost/Heart-Soul) no matter how unpopular they may have been. It wasn’t always about rebellion, or even about experimentation, but to finally provide others with whatever I had to guide them.

I would say that inspiration to guide came from others like E4 Flint who was never shy of metagame questions, Rumors who never failed to provide historical references that may have been a little expired in practice, but practical in conceptualizing how A connects to Z, and of course, actually learning quite a lot from the precedence of the past.

I am so proud of this Generation’s Meta, and I literally didn’t feel there was as much of a dedicated or even established community in Gen 5, or Gen 6, as the transition felt like just that, an “onto the next” mantra rather than “let’s brace for what comes our way!” that we haven’t felt for a long time with Pokemon.

For Gen 8, I guess, a fringe benefit of Dexit, and Movesit, is that we get a consolidated meta that focuses on the core and discourages a forced place for everyone.

Overall, I am not just proud of myself, but of the community for coming a long way. It’s been a long generation, but we truly made the most of it, and I don’t feel we wasted any time, even doing a Shedinja suspect at the last second, to prove Gen 7 will be known as the “Doer Generation”, as the amount of research, suspecting, discussion, and moveset / Teambuilding combinations and role compression has never been reached before. We didn’t just discuss, we made sure to find out, review, decide and do things to ensure the metagame grew and wasn’t just another theorymonning metagame gone wild.

We truly did it all in less than 3 years, what more is there left to do? Or say?

Last edited:
Most players rarely use weather mons in BH. However, there are some very strong, but niche, attackers that appreciate weather support. I'll briefly touch on each of them below. Just know that weather teams can be very fun to use but are normally more matchup dependent than other common building styles.

SUN
This post shows a very fun sun team made by sugarhigh. Choice Band Tinted Lens V-create from Blaziken with sun support hits incredibly hard. Other potential sun sweepers are limited to Reshiram and Blacephalon but these usually require more team support.

RAIN
For rain, sets like the one below have very limited switch-ins while rain is up. Other rain sweepers include Ash-Greninja or Palkia, usually running similar sets to the one below, or Swift Swim in Palkia's case.
Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Filler
- Filler

SAND
Sand is usually used defensively or to deter Shedinja from coming in, but this post showcases a fun offensive sand team made by Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request). With so many abilities to choose from in this meta, sand based abilities like Sand Rush and Sand Force just aren't that appealing. This makes it tough to build a great offensive sand team.

HAIL
Hail and sand are kind of in the same boat. Hail's most appealing aspect is the ability to set Aurora Veil, which is talked about in this post. Note the lack of Ice-types in his teams. This is because viable Ice-types outside of the Kyurems are almost nonexistent in BH. Like with sand, hail based abilities like Slush Rush have almost no niche to make them worth using.
I am currently running a rain team, and i want to take advantage of this post to share to you my sets. This team is pretty new, so i am open to suggestions.

Kyogre-Primal @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Revelation Dance
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Parting Shot

Registeel @ Safety Goggles/Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance/Defog/Parting Shot
- Spore/Defog/Pating Shot

Greninja-Meme (Greninja-Ash) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpD
- Water Spout
- Water Shuriken
- Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch/Dark Pulse/Thunder

Palkia @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Water Shuriken

Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Thunder
- Earth Power

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Aromatherapy
- Haze
- Wish

I use a defensive PKyogre as a rain setter. Revelation Dance to stop NormalGar, but i can change it to scald or steam eruption to fish burns. I can still check NormalGar with priority, ash gren or swift swim

Reggisteel main role is to haze with priority resisting many priority moves like extreme speed. The secondary role is to srt up stealth rock. I am not sure about the other two moves though

Adaptability Water Spout Ash Greninja on rain. Low Sdef investment to punish imposter chansey (it has a chance to 2hko if he wins the speed tie). Volt Switch is safer and it deals almost the same damage against imposter chansey, but it deals way less damage against everything else. I prefeer adaptability over swift swim for more power on water Shuriken

Mega Launcher Palkia to Wreck Havoc with Origin Pulse and Dragon Pulse. This mon also carries Thunder and priority

Another Primal Kyogre to swift swim with Water Spout and Steam Eruption. I can also run Palkia as swift swimmer but i wanted to have a pokemon a bit bulkier and stronger and a secondary stab isnt really needed. Most of the pokemon that set up tend to have al least 100 base speed, so i am not sure if the 10 extra base speed from Palkia would help. Thats why im running haze prankster.

Lastly, Imposter Chansey. I use this pokemon also to tank imposter hits from my own sets If i need to do that.

With the generation ending I would like to share some of the interesting sets I have used in this gen. Note that not all of these sets were made by me.

:sm/kyogre-primal:
Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Scald / Water Spout

Double Dance Pogre is nice to pressure defensive teams better with Tail Glow and is still self-improof which is great.

Kyogre-Primal @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Steam Eruption
- Ice Beam
- Bolt Strike

Others have used this but it’s a terrifying breaker and Imposter hates Bolt Strike. Speed is a problem which is why you have Smash.

Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption / Origin Pulse / Scald
- Ice Beam / Volt Switch
- Knock Off

Yeah this OHKOs half the defensive mons and 2HKOs the other half. Knock Off is for Imposter and RegenVests. Problem is speed but you get free turns on defensive mons.

:sm/garchomp-mega:
Garchomp-Mega @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Hammer
- Thousand Arrows
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp

PH Chomp is a nice spinner because it beats every relevant Ghost. It also is similar to PH MMX at pressuring Steels. Dragon Hammer has 24 pp which beats Giratina and Zygarde.

Garchomp-Mega @ Dragonium Z
Naughty Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Precipice Blades
- Draco Meteor
- Shell Smash

If you cover Shed then this has no switch-ins. Z-Draco is necessary to OHKO dragons and also smack Bro which can tank Band set if its FC. Difficult to improof, but wait just use Shed.

:sm/hoopa-unbound:
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Ice Hammer

Incredible breaker that has almost no good answers outside of fringe FC mons. Difficult to improof and hard to manage with U-turn weakness and speed but otherwise terrifying. Priority might be explored a bit as this doesn’t have a great mu against offense.

:sm/dialga:
Dialga @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Recover

Nice utility bouncer that checks PH users quite well. Also quite annoying to deal with since Steels are somewhat declining.

Dialga @ Steelium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Core Enforcer
- Tail Glow
- Slack Off

Bounce is almost always better but FC is fun if you pull it off. Survives a lot of physical attacks, and can check mons that rely on moves like Precipice Blades, Close Combat, and V-create for coverage.

:sm/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Taunt
- Power Trip
- Photon Geyser / Sunsteel Strike

A setup sweeper that beats Pranksters. This used to be better when Dark types were less common so if you use this now run Sunsteel over Photon and you can run another Z user on your team.

Ability: Prankster / Flash Fire / Levitate
Quiet / Serious Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Haze / Lava Plume / Magma Storm / Earth Power
- Shore Up

It’s your standard defensive NDM that can burst for extra damage, speed, and a change in typing. 3rd moveslot depends on the ability. Great for luring in stuff like Giratina. Quiet allows you to OHKO KyuW but Serious preserves your important speed tier. You can run another Z user with this because you can’t use a Z move unless you run Photon which is imo inferior to a coverage/utility move.

:sm/greninja-ash:
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Night Daze
- Origin Pulse
- Water Shuriken

It’s a faster Pogre that hits Imp harder. Speed is very nice for jumping MMX and MGar. Pairs nicely with Shed to improof it while it pressures MMX/MGar who threaten shed as well as remove sand/hail for shed.

:sm/scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Ghostium Z / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Core Enforcer / Defog
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

It’s not a bad FC mon tbh it checks MMX and KyuB. Improofing is easy with any Fire type, personally like Lava Plume Ho-Oh but like PDon works (or a special attacker with Fire coverage). Also provides good pivoting.

:sm/deoxys-attack:
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 8 Def / 23 SpD
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Whatever you want

Great cleaner, wallbreaker, revenge killer. Improof is challenging but something like PH Arc or FC Blob works. Requires careful play and lots of pivoting but very rewarding.

:sm/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Earth Power

Lure in Ho-Oh and do a little to Steela. I paired this with Diancie for a Fairy Spam but anything that appreciates Ho-Oh gone is nice. Fyi Power Gem might not 2HKO Ho-Oh unboosted.

:sm/ampharos-mega:
Ampharos-Mega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Revelation Dance
- Volt Switch
- Core Enforcer
- Ice Beam

It pairs with NormGar to delete Rev Dance Ygod and Pogre and also hits decently hard on its own. Provides slow pivot too. If you get a QD boost with this that’s pretty good too.

:sm/lunala:
Lunala @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Psystrike
- Tail Glow
- Final Gambit

Break everything that has a higher HP and blow up the dark types for a partner. If you have Wish or Z-part then this is even better.

:sm/arceus-fighting:
Arceus-Fairy @ Fist Plate
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Spirit Shackle
- Shore Up
- Knock Off

Best ttar answer. Also checks Bee which is interesting. Coverage is annoying to switch into. If you hate dragons you can run Icicle Crash or Icicle Spear.

:sm/zeraora:
Zeraora @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Belly Drum

Relic of pre-clause meta. Inspired by Belly Drum PH Aero. You spore everything unless they are bounce/ph/coma which you just drum. Damage output is lacking though you do like 30 to Imp after drum.

See y'all next gen.

Now that OMWC is over I'll post some of the stuff I've been using in that (and the ssnl).

Week one ideas:
Smash adapt chomp

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thousand Arrows
- Draco Meteor
- Strength Sap
You basically have to improof this with shed but it's hella broken, you can even run min attack shed to stop imp healing. You do a lot at +0 and force out a lot of mons, but at +2 you have very few walls (some fc mons and the odd prankster will work, plus shed). All round a nice sweeper if you're using shed, but I really don't like shed and most my matches we agreed no shed.
Vs. common prank mons
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 572-676 (89.9 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 489-577 (97 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 411-484 (112.9 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. some other stuff
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 281-333 (61.6 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 265-315 (66.5 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (this is on the first hit)
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 291-343 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs. Imposter
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 572-676 (81.2 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Garchomp-Mega: 276-325 (39.2 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 252 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 380-452 (53.9 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. +1 252 HP / 252- Def Garchomp-Mega: 185-218 (26.2 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
So they take a significant chunk from all moves and can't come in as you smash at all.

Sheer Force MMY + TSpikes

Basically goes without saying what that does. Almost all the good sf mmy checks suffer a lot to poison like imp, fc chan, shed etc which helps you wear them down a lot. Never got to use this bc tspikes balance is a pain to build.

Meme mmxspam cteam

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Blizzard
- Trick
- Aurora Veil
This is just dumb.

BIG PP mmx

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Icicle Spear
- Sunsteel Strike
Ironically it has 2 8 pp moves but w/e, the thought was to outlast passive prank dragon sets.

What does it do again?

Dialga @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
I'm not sure what this was for. I had a really hot tech I needed a self improof dialga for but then I ran out of moves and forgot what the tech was so now it's just a dialga that exists.

The teams:

Week one we were against Europe and specifically SolarFlare who uses HO a lot, which basically is what all 3 teams are based on beating (although I tried to include good Balance breakers but stall might be an issue). We agreed no shed and bo3.
Game 1
https://pokepast.es/ca2e97600834e9dc
This is a pretty standard balance team just with a couple of tweaks to help with HO, thought I'd lead with something solid. I lost the game but that was more bc I played shit and solar played well rather than anything to do with the team, I even knew the team he was using and still sacked my normgar counter for literally no reason LOL.

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Slack Off
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer

Standard tina nothing to see here. I was worried about HO for this round (rightly) so this is mostly not worrying too much about balance teams.

Ho-Oh @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Unaware
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Spirit Shackle
- Shore Up

Not sure why, I was just in a Shell Smash mood this week. Unaware ho-oh beats most things ho-oh does but also beats random tail glow xern sets nicely, it isnt a good smash mmx answer but it gives you a great backup option to deal with it. Also due to being unaware it's self improof on a smash set. Not the most potent sweeper but it just gives you one more option to force them into plays and try to pick off mons from a weakened team. Also improofs the next set which is the real tech. Aguav is just a nice item, helps u not need to recover once which can often be the difference you need against fast paced teams and makes you a bit less screwed one time if they have rocks up.

Diancie-Mega @ Normalium Z
Ability: Pixilate
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Tail Glow
- Earth Power
- Extreme Speed

Tail Glow Normalium diancie was basically this teams way to make balance have a bad day. Not much can take +3 boomburst and ep and what does you can often kill with the Z move. Espeed is just because it sucks having no espeed.
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 450-531 (111.3 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO Needless to say this does a lot to any non-dedicated walls.
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Ferrothorn: 285-336 (80.9 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 308-364 (84.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 484-570 (119.8 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Then the stuff that can take both of those moves you can do this:
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 335-395 (80.5 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (actually depressing this doesn't kill)
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 578-681 (146.7 - 172.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (if they're soundproof)

Chansey (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Trick
- Defog

Nothing to see here.

Kyogre-Primal @ Custap Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Endure
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Scald

Bounce ogre is actually really good now everyone has a xern fetish. Can stop xern and some pdon from getting hazards, it's decent vs normgar, not weak to rocks, beats PH ogre. Overall doesn't do as well as any other magic bounce set in most scenarios (except vs ogre) but it does a lot of roles not terribly which is nice. Endure custap bc HO is sad, it can really help you out of a tight spot.

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Spikes
- Moonblast
- Rapid Spin

Nothing out of the ordinary here, just generic support xern. You can run nuzzle to hit bounce ho-oh but you dont hit pdon then and you hit your improof (although you can kinda 1v1 imposter).

Game 2
https://pokepast.es/73e47744e5f31b57
Since this was g2 and I was down a game I had to bring the god squad. Nothing else to say. xavgb aka xav great builder aka stresh did most of putting the team together here (and even the ones I "built" it was a team effort).

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Ability: Simple
Brave Nature
IVs: 8 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Precipice Blades
- Core Enforcer
- Stored Power

Simple Smash Zyg
Basically we were having a conversation about what to run on some setup mon (garchomp I think) and I suggested Power Trip and stresh was like "what does that hit" then every calc it did a million
willdbeast23/10/2019
Right the plan is
Simple smash garchomp

stresh23/10/2019
isn't that just like worse adapt

willdbeast23/10/2019
With bonemarang
Nah
Bc power trip

stresh23/10/2019
b
who are you power trippin

willdbeast23/10/2019
who aren't I power trippin???
+4 252+ Atk Garchomp-Mega Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 464-547 (101.7 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
literally nothing takes a hit

stresh23/10/2019
LOL
WHAT IS THAT NOOOOO
why'd it die

willdbeast23/10/2019
im telling you bro
this is the future

stresh23/10/2019
alright
lemme get in on these dum sets

So basically it turns out literally anything can run simple smash and be a massive threat, we went with zyg because of the bulk, it's very unexpected, you have stab core and pblades for prank steels and dragons. The speed is so you underspeed tina before you set up, then you outspeed +1 xern, scarf kyurem/ogre/ whatever at +4. Obviously once you find such a beautiful set you need to use it. Originally I wanted to build stall + this so you'd have plenty of chance to chip the right mons without them worrying about any sweepers and then turn 300 BAM you simple smash and they quit BH for life. Stresh decided to make HO and it turned out cool anyway. Also side note shoutout ShedMiddleFinga for making a 5 mon stall for me to slot this on when I was brainstorming, I didn't use it for this but it had great fun with it.
The funny thing with this is you can set up on basically anything and win smash is so broken lmao.
Calcs:
+4 252 SpA Zygarde-Complete Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas: 532-626 (116.6 - 137.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252+ Atk Zygarde-Complete Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 439-517 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 254-302 (39.9 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO so you can literally just smash on their face.
+4 252 SpA Zygarde-Complete Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 626-740 (98.4 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
If they're a prank tina/zyg they haze and you do a chunk they you can just set up again for free and now they cant haze you ezpz.
252+ Atk Zygarde-Complete Tectonic Rage (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 338-398 (92.8 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Zygarde-Complete Tectonic Rage (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 338-398 (104.3 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Against prankster steels you can still go for the core if you want to help avoid dbond etc, but you can also OHKO them with z-pblades if they haze, encore etc.
252 Atk Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 510-600 (80.1 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You can even tank most prio (especially if you go for the white herb set).

Zygarde-Complete @ Mental Herb
Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- Precipice Blades
- Core Enforcer
- Power Trip

Same as above but ran ptrip to hit some other stuff, and obv no z-move.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Shell Smash
- Revelation Dance
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up

Same as the Ho-oh (but worse).

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Spikes
- Secret Sword

Blame Stresh for this. Basically speed boost tg mgar is amazing. Great vs faster teams and can break fat too. Not many bouncers take +3 judgment and sword and beats imposter.

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 64 Spe
Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Close Combat
- Photon Geyser

Pretty standard we just needed something to round out the defenses a bit while not being too passive. Not sure who suggested this set at first but i think OM! came up with the first concept and it has been tweaked by loads of people since. Kinda sad we will be losing this sort of set in gen 8. They're not broken at all but just add interesting flexibility.

Chansey (F) @ Lucky Punch
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- Topsy-Turvy

The team lost to lots of PH mons so we added this, in the match it ended up putting in a load of work. Kinda an overlooked set in general especially on offensive teams. Also was necessary to see where zyg could break since that was the main threat on the team.

Game 3
https://pokepast.es/ffbd56924037447c
This game was atrocious. Literally had to click a move twice to win and decided to switch out like a buffoon. Luckily this game didn't matter for the team but it's annoying having my only L be to playing horribly although full respect to solarflare for putting me in the situation where it was possible to lose so quickly, he played it well. This is the beginning of a beautiful love affair between Stresh and fc kyub.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Hammer
- Thousand Waves
- Strength Sap

Literally the best set I've ever made
This thing is just so good tbh. Self improof sets up on everything bops pranks. Godset. It's actually ridiculous how many teams straight up lose to this.
stresh20/10/2019
it annoys me that this set doesn't seem horrible

...then he proceeds to make a team with it every single week.

willdbeast20/10/2019
Imagine they stay in with mmx and low kick
And you shift gear on their fucking face

stresh20/10/2019
then you start clicking strength sap
oh no

252 Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Kyurem-Black: 174-206 (38.3 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Technician Mewtwo-Mega-X Storm Throw vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Kyurem-Black on a critical hit: 236-278 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Dragon Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Kyurem-Black: 288-340 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 484-570 (106.1 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 459-540 (115.3 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 500-590 (99.2 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Ice Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ho-Oh: 279-328 (67 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Arceus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off
- Shore Up

We wanted an unaware mon so here it is.

Xerneas @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Strength Sap

Support xern, really nice against mmx spam.

Calm Nature
- Trick
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Sticky Web

Another HO countermeasure. I shoulda just swept with this but somehow I managed to fail that lol.

Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Spikes
- Secret Sword

This set is disgusting. +6 gar breaks so much and spikes help vs everything tbh.

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Encore
- Shore Up
- Reflect

REFLECT REGISTEEL
Not sure why it has reflect, I didn't want to ask. But it does. It's also meant to be light clay but I just ignored what stresh told me to do bc I'm lazy I don't even fix the teams he builds and gives me.

Week 2 we were up against US West and Jasprose. We knew jasprose likes to use solid standard stuff so we decided to meet that with our own solid balancy stuff just with some unusual breakers and good speed so we could hopefully stay in control of the game. The game itself was scrappy and probably should have ended a lot earlier if I'd calced his imp wasn't evio properly (I think I left fairy aura in a calc and got confused) or played properly at the end. Shed shed imp was a massive headache though.
The Game
https://pokepast.es/d7d9f2e7639db8ff

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Earth Power

This is a fun breaker, really hurts teams who rely on Ho-oh to check xern. Speed boost helps you to beat imp if they're not too healthy since +3 z-move does a ton but also improofed by imposter chansey. This did a huge amount of work in the battle.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Whirlwind

Moves to improof xern decently.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Precipice Blades
- Light of Ruin
- Volt Tackle

We were originally planning to use sf mmy since jasp likes the slower more reliable long term wincons a lot and mmy just outspeeds them all and with sludge/moon you can get kills on xern and mmx really nicely but we switched to signature move man partly for less lame improofing partly to remove evio for xern to have a happier time and to not get boned by fc chansey.

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- King's Shield
- Facade
- Spectral Thief
- Defog

Improof to the mmy, facade gives you decent damage output which with the big pp can let you really pressure them long term. No recovery makes it easier for the team to pressure imposter (although due to it being shed shell this game that kinda went out of the window). King Shield helps you to heal up and also means mons like mmx can't really scare you as well as helping a lot vs choice wall breakers.

Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Haze

Pretty standard. Passive rock mons are useless dont do it.

Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes

This set is really scary. Pressures every bounce mon especially if you can land a poison on them, you can setup to sweep their team once a couple of key walls are removed and you outspeed and KO quite a few offensive mons as well, all while being self improof if you're at decent HP.

Week 3 we were against US Northeast and Sugarhigh
The Game
https://pokepast.es/bf2147b16209ffcf
This game didn't matter for us really so we subbed in HSOWA so he'd get a chance to play. Unfortunately he lost but I'd have lost too 99% sure because it was an incredibly tough matchup due to facing goggles shed + sand stream with a veil team. However with a couple of tweaks Stresh suggested this would have been a winnable and even favoured matchup, again i was just too lazy. I promise after this I actually did what stresh said.
We decided to go with veil because sugarhigh was know for using lots of wack things which the hail chip + veil + good speed control completely shut down plus it can do well vs balance and even stall too if you keep up the pressure well.

Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Scary set, for slower teams you can get to +6 and punch huge holes and against faster teams simple qd gives you more than enough speed and power to kill their offensive mons.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Hammer
- Thousand Waves
- Strength Sap

Oh look, it's fur coat kyurem-b. Funnily this would have actually cleaned up if hsowa managed to get one more sack somehow (although if he had one sugarhigh would have played more safely, but it's a good set stop hating).

Reshiram @ Draco Plate
Ability: Desolate Land
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Secret Sword
- Judgment
- V-create

Self improof kinda and walled my immunigar, stops impostered zera seting hail.

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Spectral Thief
- Spore

Standard, has spectral to help against HO more.

Zeraora @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- U-turn
- Plasma Fists
- Spectral Thief

Veil setter, nothing too exciting.

Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Toxic

Immunigar, improofs resh and is another wincon. Also can poison prank zyg or w/e to help someone else sweep.

stresh10/11/2019
if you're worried about the goggles shed you could go for a version i have with like knock slaking and then the simplegar slot replaced for signature move man
that gives you two knock users + toxic to help kill shed

willdbeast10/11/2019
I'll just risk it I think

I shoulda listened to Stresh but I'm a goon :[

Week 4, the semifinals, we were against team asia pacific and Chessking. We were quite lucky MAMP was MIA although Chess is still one of the good BH players, just not quite top 3 (yet) so obviously we still put in everything we could. Chess has a kinda weird style where he likes to bring one random crazy breaker with an unusual improof then just have a relatively standard team to support it and get it in safely. Knowing this we thought a slowish breaker would be most likely and tried to stack speedy breakers that would hopefully break past his solid defensive cores as well as not giving his breaker too much room to breath, since he uses a wide variety and trying to wall them all reliably seemed kinda impossible.
The Game
https://pokepast.es/b767b069401bab52
The game started well with regigigas doing its job well, but pheromosa + shed shell imp was quite annoying to face and kept me on the back foot for a while. Luckily I managed to get in safely with lunala and broke past most of the team with them just leaving a gruelling endgame to clear up.
=====

Lunala @ Spooky Plate
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Psystrike

We'd not used enough gengar yet so we went for more ghost spam. This set was the one meant to be reliably self improof and sweep once the other lunala has softened the team up. It's quite bulky so can tank hits from some offensive mons and set up while also being really nice to keep offensive mons off the field with the increased speed. Unfortunately pheromosa outspeeds it even at +1 but what can you do. Between judgment and ice beam the prank dragons can't really answer this and psystrike deals with most special walls like ogre and ho-oh.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Topsy-Turvy
- U-turn
- Shore Up

This was just a generic support mon and an improof to the gigas, I don't remember exactly why we had it but I think Chess used quite a few defensive hazards mons and xern which this could deal with. It was meant to be Anchor Shot > u-turn but I forgot to change it when I gave zyg volt switch, not that it mattered as it turns out.

Lunala @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Moongeist Beam
- Final Gambit
- King's Shield

This set is basically designed to soften up the team with final gambit and also lure darks if they imposter you and realise you can't hit them. With speed boost it's still kinda self improof unless they're scarf since they don't get the boost if they are u-turned in etc. King shield is a nice way to claw momentum back from an offensive mon and force them to play defensively, then you can try to kill stuff with moongeist and final gambit with the aim being to take out the biggest threats to the other lunala. Tail glow means you can sweep in a pinch but it's mostly to force them to use whatever checks the other one rather than to actually sweep. I'm gonna miss z-moves they're really unexplored even 3 years in.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Happiness: 55
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Haze

zzz

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Tail
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

I decided +speed gigas was a nice idea since chessking runs a lot of things in the 80-100 speed range and doesn't run +speed on them so I thought this would be a nice combination of a breaker and a check to some offensive mons. This set motherlove came up with years ago and improofed with carbink on the legendary no contrary team. Overall just a really obnoxious mon to face. This is best paired with hazards but I knew chessking almost always brought defog and usually had bouncers so I didn't want to weaken the team by removing some other stuff for hazards that I might not even be able to keep up.

Zygarde-Complete @ Lagging Tail
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Haze
- Volt Switch
- Slack Off

Prank zyg, lagging tail volt switch is kinda nice. Just walls a lot tbh and I needed a pivot to get in the lunalas safely, also to get gigas in to heal up and/or break things.

Week 5, the grand finals! For our final matchup we faced US South and the dreaded tamer of pink dragons. This team 100% deserved their spot in the finals with an even better run than our own and an especially good performance in BH from someone who is maybe not known as a BH player, but is an extremely good all round player outside of oms while also having a lot of experience here.
The Game
https://pokepast.es/ee621c5424d4e329

RedDragon (Ho-Oh) @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- Imprison
- Brave Bird
- Low Kick

This is probably the cteamiest thing I used all tour, all the replays from the last three months showed him using shore up on everything so I just thought "fuck it imprison shore up then chip him to death". It was LO for more damage but stresh said he didn't like the idea of the recoil so I changed it, since after all killing them in 5 hits rather than 4 is no problem. Low Kick does 85-100 to ttar so they can't really come in to force you out unless chople, but the team was strong against ttar in general so the plan was to just switch out and play it safe. Also low kick hits steels and has a bunch of pp with no recoil so thats good. We decided on Magic Bounce Ho-oh over adapt QD yvel and some other things because it's still quite a nice wall, has good pp moves and can improof a hazard setter, plus a solid xern answer is a great thing to have. Also magic bounce means even strength sap mons can't heal up. This actually had an insanely good matchup and should have straight up won but I played too riskily especially after I saw the xern wasn't PH and guessed that might be the mmx improof rather than ho-oh or tina. Now when people say i'm being pedantic telling them to mix recovery moves I can say "you fool this was used in a top OM team tour" and not mention it was used by myself once then sacked for no reason like a goon.

PurpleDragon (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Hammer

This was originally a specs fridge mmx but stresh thought this was a nice set for being more flexible and being able to lure mmy/mgar with sucker. It ended up doing a lot of work in the game. The main problem with this set is imposter can come in decently and you lose 10% every time they do (plus whatever other chip damage there is) so it can often die before you do anything, but this team was already super good at stopping imposter from healing up so it didn't seem like a big issue.

SteelDragon (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- Slack Off

Improof for the mmx and also check to xern, mmx, dragons, gigas, dark mons and a bunch of stuff. Moonblast hurts mmx a lot and threatens tina/zyg while you can stay in on both very safely since even stab z-twave doesn't do that much and anchor shot is for imposter/xern. This set really wants spectral > defog tbh but I had a none magic guard ho-oh so it wasnt really an option. This was a pretty hard counter to his mmx in the battle since he revealed mixed (unless it had v-create or something) but I didn't think through all the info I had at the time.

OvergrownDragon (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- V-create
- Avalanche
- Spikes

This is a kinda funky gigas set. You can get hazards up past most bouncers and still improof with your own bounce ho-oh. Facade is always nice for the high power and PP so even things that seem like they wall you only taking 30% can easily be stuck there recovering for ages until they don't check anything else long term. Spikes over tspikes because of imp getting poisoned then being a pain and over rocks because I didn't want to mispredict then suddenly have ho-oh be useless and lose to xern.

BlackDragon (Zygarde-Complete) @ Lagging Tail
Relaxed Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Same zyg set as before, pivoting is really nice while also trapping imposter. Really useful to get mmx in safely since it's on a timer anyway so any chip is a disaster and getting gigas in to set free spikes is great. Topsy > haze because I'd brought prank haze and no prio every week so I didn't think there was any reason to bring dazzling against me and fc mage should cover dark types really well plus I could always risk an imposter speed tie if needed. Topsy helps a lot with stuff like tail glow gar by letting you go to another mon quite safely and against adapt mgar or gigas or whatever you don't take like 30% even after hazing.

FatDragon (Chansey) (F) @ Lucky Punch
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Heal Bell

We built another team that loses to PH mons so lucky punch imp makes another appearance.

Overall I'm happy with how all these teams turned out and the tourney went really well.

Here's some random teams I made but didn't use, remember that i didn't use them for a reason lol
Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- Imprison
- Brave Bird
- Low Kick

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Close Combat
- Trick
- Moongeist Beam

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- Slack Off

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- V-create
- Avalanche
- Spikes

Relaxed Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Heal Bell

==============================================

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch

Zygarde-Complete @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Metal Burst

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Nuzzle
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Levitate
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Toxic
- Entrainment
- Shore Up

Dialga @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Strength Sap
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Spikes

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Moonblast
- Bolt Strike
- Earth Power

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Thousand Waves
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Waves
- Ice Hammer
- Strength Sap

Kyogre-Primal @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Skill Swap
- Toxic Spikes
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Knock Off

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Rapid Spin
- Sunsteel Strike

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- V-create
- Shore Up
- Beak Blast

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Tail Glow
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Beedrill-Mega @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Hammer
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Ascent

Zygarde-Complete @ Roseli Berry
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Entrainment
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Soundproof
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Purify
- Slack Off
- Knock Off

================================================

Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch

Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Metal Burst

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Nuzzle
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

Groudon @ Red Orb
- Thousand Waves
- Toxic
- Entrainment
- Shore Up

Dialga @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Strength Sap
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Spikes

===========================================

Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Pursuit
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Facade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Light of Ruin
- Knock Off
- Volt Tackle

Kartana @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Close Combat
- Ice Hammer
- Extreme Speed

Relaxed Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Haze

Slowbro-Mega @ Eject Button
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Scald
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Dialga @ Dragonium Z
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Strength Sap
- Sunsteel Strike

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Synthesis
- Fleur Cannon
- Thousand Arrows

Magearna-Original @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Moonblast
- Shore Up
- Earth Power

Quiet Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Shell Smash
- Shore Up
- Steam Eruption

Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Pursuit
- Secret Sword

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Heal Bell

I've been hiding replays for a while so here are my ssnl replays (some might be public already idfk):

Another random thing
I made some RU BH teams a few months ago for hamhamhamham for some wack tour so here they are, they're completely useless and probably bad but w/e
=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1246 ===

Regigigas @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Regigigas @ Focus Sash
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Frustration
- Close Combat

Regigigas @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Frustration
- Sunsteel Strike

Regigigas @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
- Focus Punch

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
- Defog
- Frustration

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Precipice Blades

=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1245 ===

Cresselia (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Spectral Thief
- Pursuit
- Spikes

Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Spectral Thief
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Camerupt-Mega @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Blue Flare
- Moonblast
- Sludge Wave

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Steam Eruption
- Shore Up
- Thousand Waves

Registeel @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1244 ===

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off
- Shore Up
- Poison Fang

Abomasnow-Mega @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Ice Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike

Sceptile-Mega @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Seed Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Moongeist Beam

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Topsy-Turvy
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn

Sceptile-Mega @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Tail Glow
- Spore
- Earth Power

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shore Up
- Grassy Terrain

=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1243 ===

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Knock Off
- Defog

Registeel @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Encore

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- King's Shield

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Entrainment
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Taunt
- Precipice Blades

Ampharos-Mega @ Draco Plate
Ability: Galvanize
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption

Thanks to Funbot28 and regirock for helping me test in OMWC and to Chessking345 for talking though some prep with me to help me prepare teams. (sorry if I forgot anyone) Can't give a big enough shoutout to stresh who built more than half of the teams I used and constantly bounced around sets with me until we came up with the right mons for the team, all while he was prepping for his own slot too.

I know these teams aren't much use now but I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
I think this is the ultimate defence set!!
Zamazenta-Crowned @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Modest Nature
- Iron Defense or any other defence boosting move
- Soft-Boiled or Recover
- Volt Switch or U-Turn
- Dynamax Cannon or Any other powerful move
889-c (1).png
:blobwizard:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Now that OMWC is over I'll post some of the stuff I've been using in that (and the ssnl).

Week one ideas:
Smash adapt chomp

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thousand Arrows
- Draco Meteor
- Strength Sap
You basically have to improof this with shed but it's hella broken, you can even run min attack shed to stop imp healing. You do a lot at +0 and force out a lot of mons, but at +2 you have very few walls (some fc mons and the odd prankster will work, plus shed). All round a nice sweeper if you're using shed, but I really don't like shed and most my matches we agreed no shed.
Vs. common prank mons
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 572-676 (89.9 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 489-577 (97 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 411-484 (112.9 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs. some other stuff
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 281-333 (61.6 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 265-315 (66.5 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (this is on the first hit)
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 291-343 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs. Imposter
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 572-676 (81.2 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252- Def Garchomp-Mega: 276-325 (39.2 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Draco Meteor vs. +1 252 HP / 252 SpD Garchomp-Mega: 380-452 (53.9 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. +1 252 HP / 252- Def Garchomp-Mega: 185-218 (26.2 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
So they take a significant chunk from all moves and can't come in as you smash at all.

Sheer Force MMY + TSpikes

Basically goes without saying what that does. Almost all the good sf mmy checks suffer a lot to poison like imp, fc chan, shed etc which helps you wear them down a lot. Never got to use this bc tspikes balance is a pain to build.

Meme mmxspam cteam

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Blizzard
- Trick
- Aurora Veil
This is just dumb.

BIG PP mmx

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Icicle Spear
- Sunsteel Strike
Ironically it has 2 8 pp moves but w/e, the thought was to outlast passive prank dragon sets.

What does it do again?

Dialga @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
I'm not sure what this was for. I had a really hot tech I needed a self improof dialga for but then I ran out of moves and forgot what the tech was so now it's just a dialga that exists.

The teams:

Week one we were against Europe and specifically SolarFlare who uses HO a lot, which basically is what all 3 teams are based on beating (although I tried to include good Balance breakers but stall might be an issue). We agreed no shed and bo3.
Game 1
https://pokepast.es/ca2e97600834e9dc
This is a pretty standard balance team just with a couple of tweaks to help with HO, thought I'd lead with something solid. I lost the game but that was more bc I played shit and solar played well rather than anything to do with the team, I even knew the team he was using and still sacked my normgar counter for literally no reason LOL.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Slack Off
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer

Standard tina nothing to see here. I was worried about HO for this round (rightly) so this is mostly not worrying too much about balance teams.

Ho-Oh @ Aguav Berry
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Spirit Shackle
- Shore Up

Not sure why, I was just in a Shell Smash mood this week. Unaware ho-oh beats most things ho-oh does but also beats random tail glow xern sets nicely, it isnt a good smash mmx answer but it gives you a great backup option to deal with it. Also due to being unaware it's self improof on a smash set. Not the most potent sweeper but it just gives you one more option to force them into plays and try to pick off mons from a weakened team. Also improofs the next set which is the real tech. Aguav is just a nice item, helps u not need to recover once which can often be the difference you need against fast paced teams and makes you a bit less screwed one time if they have rocks up.

Diancie-Mega @ Normalium Z
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Tail Glow
- Earth Power
- Extreme Speed

Tail Glow Normalium diancie was basically this teams way to make balance have a bad day. Not much can take +3 boomburst and ep and what does you can often kill with the Z move. Espeed is just because it sucks having no espeed.
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 450-531 (111.3 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO Needless to say this does a lot to any non-dedicated walls.
+3 252 SpA Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Ferrothorn: 285-336 (80.9 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 308-364 (84.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Groudon-Primal: 484-570 (119.8 - 141%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Then the stuff that can take both of those moves you can do this:
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 335-395 (80.5 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (actually depressing this doesn't kill)
+3 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 578-681 (146.7 - 172.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (if they're soundproof)

Timid Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Trick
- Defog

Nothing to see here.

Kyogre-Primal @ Custap Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Endure
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Scald

Bounce ogre is actually really good now everyone has a xern fetish. Can stop xern and some pdon from getting hazards, it's decent vs normgar, not weak to rocks, beats PH ogre. Overall doesn't do as well as any other magic bounce set in most scenarios (except vs ogre) but it does a lot of roles not terribly which is nice. Endure custap bc HO is sad, it can really help you out of a tight spot.

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Spikes
- Moonblast
- Rapid Spin

Nothing out of the ordinary here, just generic support xern. You can run nuzzle to hit bounce ho-oh but you dont hit pdon then and you hit your improof (although you can kinda 1v1 imposter).

Game 2
https://pokepast.es/73e47744e5f31b57
Since this was g2 and I was down a game I had to bring the god squad. Nothing else to say. xavgb aka xav great builder aka stresh did most of putting the team together here (and even the ones I "built" it was a team effort).

Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- Precipice Blades
- Core Enforcer
- Stored Power

Simple Smash Zyg
Basically we were having a conversation about what to run on some setup mon (garchomp I think) and I suggested Power Trip and stresh was like "what does that hit" then every calc it did a million
willdbeast23/10/2019
Right the plan is
Simple smash garchomp

stresh23/10/2019
isn't that just like worse adapt

willdbeast23/10/2019
With bonemarang
Nah
Bc power trip

stresh23/10/2019
b
who are you power trippin

willdbeast23/10/2019
who aren't I power trippin???
+4 252+ Atk Garchomp-Mega Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 464-547 (101.7 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
literally nothing takes a hit

stresh23/10/2019
LOL
WHAT IS THAT NOOOOO
why'd it die

willdbeast23/10/2019
im telling you bro
this is the future

stresh23/10/2019
alright
lemme get in on these dum sets

So basically it turns out literally anything can run simple smash and be a massive threat, we went with zyg because of the bulk, it's very unexpected, you have stab core and pblades for prank steels and dragons. The speed is so you underspeed tina before you set up, then you outspeed +1 xern, scarf kyurem/ogre/ whatever at +4. Obviously once you find such a beautiful set you need to use it. Originally I wanted to build stall + this so you'd have plenty of chance to chip the right mons without them worrying about any sweepers and then turn 300 BAM you simple smash and they quit BH for life. Stresh decided to make HO and it turned out cool anyway. Also side note shoutout ShedMiddleFinga for making a 5 mon stall for me to slot this on when I was brainstorming, I didn't use it for this but it had great fun with it.
The funny thing with this is you can set up on basically anything and win smash is so broken lmao.
Calcs:
+4 252 SpA Zygarde-Complete Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas: 532-626 (116.6 - 137.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252+ Atk Zygarde-Complete Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 439-517 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 254-302 (39.9 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO so you can literally just smash on their face.
+4 252 SpA Zygarde-Complete Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 626-740 (98.4 - 116.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
If they're a prank tina/zyg they haze and you do a chunk they you can just set up again for free and now they cant haze you ezpz.
252+ Atk Zygarde-Complete Tectonic Rage (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Registeel: 338-398 (92.8 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Zygarde-Complete Tectonic Rage (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 338-398 (104.3 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Against prankster steels you can still go for the core if you want to help avoid dbond etc, but you can also OHKO them with z-pblades if they haze, encore etc.
252 Atk Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. -2 252 HP / 252 Def Zygarde-Complete: 510-600 (80.1 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You can even tank most prio (especially if you go for the white herb set).

Zygarde-Complete @ Mental Herb
Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- Precipice Blades
- Core Enforcer
- Power Trip

Same as above but ran ptrip to hit some other stuff, and obv no z-move.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Shell Smash
- Revelation Dance
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up

Same as the Ho-oh (but worse).

Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Spikes
- Secret Sword

Blame Stresh for this. Basically speed boost tg mgar is amazing. Great vs faster teams and can break fat too. Not many bouncers take +3 judgment and sword and beats imposter.

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 64 Spe
Brave Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Close Combat
- Photon Geyser

Pretty standard we just needed something to round out the defenses a bit while not being too passive. Not sure who suggested this set at first but i think OM! came up with the first concept and it has been tweaked by loads of people since. Kinda sad we will be losing this sort of set in gen 8. They're not broken at all but just add interesting flexibility.

Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- Topsy-Turvy

The team lost to lots of PH mons so we added this, in the match it ended up putting in a load of work. Kinda an overlooked set in general especially on offensive teams. Also was necessary to see where zyg could break since that was the main threat on the team.

Game 3
https://pokepast.es/ffbd56924037447c
This game was atrocious. Literally had to click a move twice to win and decided to switch out like a buffoon. Luckily this game didn't matter for the team but it's annoying having my only L be to playing horribly although full respect to solarflare for putting me in the situation where it was possible to lose so quickly, he played it well. This is the beginning of a beautiful love affair between Stresh and fc kyub.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Hammer
- Thousand Waves
- Strength Sap

Literally the best set I've ever made
This thing is just so good tbh. Self improof sets up on everything bops pranks. Godset. It's actually ridiculous how many teams straight up lose to this.
stresh20/10/2019
it annoys me that this set doesn't seem horrible

...then he proceeds to make a team with it every single week.

willdbeast20/10/2019
Imagine they stay in with mmx and low kick
And you shift gear on their fucking face

stresh20/10/2019
then you start clicking strength sap
oh no

252 Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Kyurem-Black: 174-206 (38.3 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Technician Mewtwo-Mega-X Storm Throw vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Kyurem-Black on a critical hit: 236-278 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Garchomp-Mega Dragon Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Kyurem-Black: 288-340 (63.4 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Xerneas: 484-570 (106.1 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Celesteela: 459-540 (115.3 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 500-590 (99.2 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black Ice Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ho-Oh: 279-328 (67 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Arceus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off
- Shore Up

We wanted an unaware mon so here it is.

Xerneas @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Strength Sap

Support xern, really nice against mmx spam.

Calm Nature
- Trick
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Sticky Web

Another HO countermeasure. I shoulda just swept with this but somehow I managed to fail that lol.

Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Spikes
- Secret Sword

This set is disgusting. +6 gar breaks so much and spikes help vs everything tbh.

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Encore
- Shore Up
- Reflect

REFLECT REGISTEEL
Not sure why it has reflect, I didn't want to ask. But it does. It's also meant to be light clay but I just ignored what stresh told me to do bc I'm lazy I don't even fix the teams he builds and gives me.

Week 2 we were up against US West and Jasprose. We knew jasprose likes to use solid standard stuff so we decided to meet that with our own solid balancy stuff just with some unusual breakers and good speed so we could hopefully stay in control of the game. The game itself was scrappy and probably should have ended a lot earlier if I'd calced his imp wasn't evio properly (I think I left fairy aura in a calc and got confused) or played properly at the end. Shed shed imp was a massive headache though.
The Game
https://pokepast.es/d7d9f2e7639db8ff

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Earth Power

This is a fun breaker, really hurts teams who rely on Ho-oh to check xern. Speed boost helps you to beat imp if they're not too healthy since +3 z-move does a ton but also improofed by imposter chansey. This did a huge amount of work in the battle.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Whirlwind

Moves to improof xern decently.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Precipice Blades
- Light of Ruin
- Volt Tackle

We were originally planning to use sf mmy since jasp likes the slower more reliable long term wincons a lot and mmy just outspeeds them all and with sludge/moon you can get kills on xern and mmx really nicely but we switched to signature move man partly for less lame improofing partly to remove evio for xern to have a happier time and to not get boned by fc chansey.

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- King's Shield
- Facade
- Spectral Thief
- Defog

Improof to the mmy, facade gives you decent damage output which with the big pp can let you really pressure them long term. No recovery makes it easier for the team to pressure imposter (although due to it being shed shell this game that kinda went out of the window). King Shield helps you to heal up and also means mons like mmx can't really scare you as well as helping a lot vs choice wall breakers.

Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Haze

Pretty standard. Passive rock mons are useless dont do it.

Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes

This set is really scary. Pressures every bounce mon especially if you can land a poison on them, you can setup to sweep their team once a couple of key walls are removed and you outspeed and KO quite a few offensive mons as well, all while being self improof if you're at decent HP.

Week 3 we were against US Northeast and Sugarhigh
The Game
https://pokepast.es/bf2147b16209ffcf
This game didn't matter for us really so we subbed in HSOWA so he'd get a chance to play. Unfortunately he lost but I'd have lost too 99% sure because it was an incredibly tough matchup due to facing goggles shed + sand stream with a veil team. However with a couple of tweaks Stresh suggested this would have been a winnable and even favoured matchup, again i was just too lazy. I promise after this I actually did what stresh said.
We decided to go with veil because sugarhigh was know for using lots of wack things which the hail chip + veil + good speed control completely shut down plus it can do well vs balance and even stall too if you keep up the pressure well.

Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Scary set, for slower teams you can get to +6 and punch huge holes and against faster teams simple qd gives you more than enough speed and power to kill their offensive mons.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Hammer
- Thousand Waves
- Strength Sap

Oh look, it's fur coat kyurem-b. Funnily this would have actually cleaned up if hsowa managed to get one more sack somehow (although if he had one sugarhigh would have played more safely, but it's a good set stop hating).

Reshiram @ Draco Plate
Ability: Desolate Land
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Secret Sword
- Judgment
- V-create

Self improof kinda and walled my immunigar, stops impostered zera seting hail.

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Spectral Thief
- Spore

Standard, has spectral to help against HO more.

Zeraora @ Light Clay
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- U-turn
- Plasma Fists
- Spectral Thief

Veil setter, nothing too exciting.

Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Toxic

Immunigar, improofs resh and is another wincon. Also can poison prank zyg or w/e to help someone else sweep.

stresh10/11/2019
if you're worried about the goggles shed you could go for a version i have with like knock slaking and then the simplegar slot replaced for signature move man
that gives you two knock users + toxic to help kill shed

willdbeast10/11/2019
I'll just risk it I think

I shoulda listened to Stresh but I'm a goon :[

Week 4, the semifinals, we were against team asia pacific and Chessking. We were quite lucky MAMP was MIA although Chess is still one of the good BH players, just not quite top 3 (yet) so obviously we still put in everything we could. Chess has a kinda weird style where he likes to bring one random crazy breaker with an unusual improof then just have a relatively standard team to support it and get it in safely. Knowing this we thought a slowish breaker would be most likely and tried to stack speedy breakers that would hopefully break past his solid defensive cores as well as not giving his breaker too much room to breath, since he uses a wide variety and trying to wall them all reliably seemed kinda impossible.
The Game
https://pokepast.es/b767b069401bab52
The game started well with regigigas doing its job well, but pheromosa + shed shell imp was quite annoying to face and kept me on the back foot for a while. Luckily I managed to get in safely with lunala and broke past most of the team with them just leaving a gruelling endgame to clear up.
=====

Lunala @ Spooky Plate
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Psystrike

We'd not used enough gengar yet so we went for more ghost spam. This set was the one meant to be reliably self improof and sweep once the other lunala has softened the team up. It's quite bulky so can tank hits from some offensive mons and set up while also being really nice to keep offensive mons off the field with the increased speed. Unfortunately pheromosa outspeeds it even at +1 but what can you do. Between judgment and ice beam the prank dragons can't really answer this and psystrike deals with most special walls like ogre and ho-oh.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Topsy-Turvy
- U-turn
- Shore Up

This was just a generic support mon and an improof to the gigas, I don't remember exactly why we had it but I think Chess used quite a few defensive hazards mons and xern which this could deal with. It was meant to be Anchor Shot > u-turn but I forgot to change it when I gave zyg volt switch, not that it mattered as it turns out.

Lunala @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Moongeist Beam
- Final Gambit
- King's Shield

This set is basically designed to soften up the team with final gambit and also lure darks if they imposter you and realise you can't hit them. With speed boost it's still kinda self improof unless they're scarf since they don't get the boost if they are u-turned in etc. King shield is a nice way to claw momentum back from an offensive mon and force them to play defensively, then you can try to kill stuff with moongeist and final gambit with the aim being to take out the biggest threats to the other lunala. Tail glow means you can sweep in a pinch but it's mostly to force them to use whatever checks the other one rather than to actually sweep. I'm gonna miss z-moves they're really unexplored even 3 years in.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Haze

zzz

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Tail
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

I decided +speed gigas was a nice idea since chessking runs a lot of things in the 80-100 speed range and doesn't run +speed on them so I thought this would be a nice combination of a breaker and a check to some offensive mons. This set motherlove came up with years ago and improofed with carbink on the legendary no contrary team. Overall just a really obnoxious mon to face. This is best paired with hazards but I knew chessking almost always brought defog and usually had bouncers so I didn't want to weaken the team by removing some other stuff for hazards that I might not even be able to keep up.

Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Haze
- Volt Switch
- Slack Off

Prank zyg, lagging tail volt switch is kinda nice. Just walls a lot tbh and I needed a pivot to get in the lunalas safely, also to get gigas in to heal up and/or break things.

Week 5, the grand finals! For our final matchup we faced US South and the dreaded tamer of pink dragons. This team 100% deserved their spot in the finals with an even better run than our own and an especially good performance in BH from someone who is maybe not known as a BH player, but is an extremely good all round player outside of oms while also having a lot of experience here.
The Game
https://pokepast.es/ee621c5424d4e329

RedDragon (Ho-Oh) @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- Imprison
- Brave Bird
- Low Kick

This is probably the cteamiest thing I used all tour, all the replays from the last three months showed him using shore up on everything so I just thought "fuck it imprison shore up then chip him to death". It was LO for more damage but stresh said he didn't like the idea of the recoil so I changed it, since after all killing them in 5 hits rather than 4 is no problem. Low Kick does 85-100 to ttar so they can't really come in to force you out unless chople, but the team was strong against ttar in general so the plan was to just switch out and play it safe. Also low kick hits steels and has a bunch of pp with no recoil so thats good. We decided on Magic Bounce Ho-oh over adapt QD yvel and some other things because it's still quite a nice wall, has good pp moves and can improof a hazard setter, plus a solid xern answer is a great thing to have. Also magic bounce means even strength sap mons can't heal up. This actually had an insanely good matchup and should have straight up won but I played too riskily especially after I saw the xern wasn't PH and guessed that might be the mmx improof rather than ho-oh or tina. Now when people say i'm being pedantic telling them to mix recovery moves I can say "you fool this was used in a top OM team tour" and not mention it was used by myself once then sacked for no reason like a goon.

PurpleDragon (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Hammer

This was originally a specs fridge mmx but stresh thought this was a nice set for being more flexible and being able to lure mmy/mgar with sucker. It ended up doing a lot of work in the game. The main problem with this set is imposter can come in decently and you lose 10% every time they do (plus whatever other chip damage there is) so it can often die before you do anything, but this team was already super good at stopping imposter from healing up so it didn't seem like a big issue.

SteelDragon (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- Slack Off

Improof for the mmx and also check to xern, mmx, dragons, gigas, dark mons and a bunch of stuff. Moonblast hurts mmx a lot and threatens tina/zyg while you can stay in on both very safely since even stab z-twave doesn't do that much and anchor shot is for imposter/xern. This set really wants spectral > defog tbh but I had a none magic guard ho-oh so it wasnt really an option. This was a pretty hard counter to his mmx in the battle since he revealed mixed (unless it had v-create or something) but I didn't think through all the info I had at the time.

OvergrownDragon (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- V-create
- Avalanche
- Spikes

This is a kinda funky gigas set. You can get hazards up past most bouncers and still improof with your own bounce ho-oh. Facade is always nice for the high power and PP so even things that seem like they wall you only taking 30% can easily be stuck there recovering for ages until they don't check anything else long term. Spikes over tspikes because of imp getting poisoned then being a pain and over rocks because I didn't want to mispredict then suddenly have ho-oh be useless and lose to xern.

BlackDragon (Zygarde-Complete) @ Lagging Tail
Relaxed Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Same zyg set as before, pivoting is really nice while also trapping imposter. Really useful to get mmx in safely since it's on a timer anyway so any chip is a disaster and getting gigas in to set free spikes is great. Topsy > haze because I'd brought prank haze and no prio every week so I didn't think there was any reason to bring dazzling against me and fc mage should cover dark types really well plus I could always risk an imposter speed tie if needed. Topsy helps a lot with stuff like tail glow gar by letting you go to another mon quite safely and against adapt mgar or gigas or whatever you don't take like 30% even after hazing.

FatDragon (Chansey) (F) @ Lucky Punch
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Heal Bell

We built another team that loses to PH mons so lucky punch imp makes another appearance.

Overall I'm happy with how all these teams turned out and the tourney went really well.

Here's some random teams I made but didn't use, remember that i didn't use them for a reason lol
Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- Imprison
- Brave Bird
- Low Kick

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Specs
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Close Combat
- Trick
- Moongeist Beam

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- Slack Off

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- V-create
- Avalanche
- Spikes

Relaxed Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Heal Bell

Telekinesis (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Mewtwonite Y
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Close Combat
- Stored Power
- Spore

Kinesis (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Light of Ruin
- Precipice Blades
- Volt Tackle

Pursuit (Sableye-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Recover
- U-turn
- Encore

Return (Regigigas) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Wish
- Spectral Thief
- Icicle Crash

Water Sport (Kyogre-Primal) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Purify
- Knock Off
- Anchor Shot
- Slack Off

Magnitude (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Sassy Nature
- V-create
- Anchor Shot
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Moonblast
- Bolt Strike
- Earth Power

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Thousand Waves
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Waves
- Ice Hammer
- Strength Sap

Careful Nature
- Skill Swap
- Toxic Spikes
- Anchor Shot
- Shore Up

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Knock Off

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Rapid Spin
- Sunsteel Strike

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- V-create
- Shore Up
- Beak Blast

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Tail Glow
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Beedrill-Mega @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Hammer
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Ascent

Zygarde-Complete @ Roseli Berry
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Entrainment
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Purify
- Slack Off
- Knock Off

================================================

Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch

Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Metal Burst

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Nuzzle
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

Groudon @ Red Orb
- Thousand Waves
- Toxic
- Entrainment
- Shore Up

Dialga @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Strength Sap
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Spikes

===========================================

Timid Nature
- Pursuit
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Facade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spectral Thief

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Light of Ruin
- Knock Off
- Volt Tackle

Kartana @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Close Combat
- Ice Hammer
- Extreme Speed

Relaxed Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Haze

Slowbro-Mega @ Eject Button
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Scald
- Shore Up
- U-turn

Dialga @ Dragonium Z
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Strength Sap
- Sunsteel Strike

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Synthesis
- Fleur Cannon
- Thousand Arrows

Magearna-Original @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Moonblast
- Shore Up
- Earth Power

Quiet Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Shell Smash
- Shore Up
- Steam Eruption

Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Pursuit
- Secret Sword

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Heal Bell

I've been hiding replays for a while so here are my ssnl replays (some might be public already idfk):

Another random thing
I made some RU BH teams a few months ago for hamhamhamham for some wack tour so here they are, they're completely useless and probably bad but w/e
=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1246 ===

Regigigas @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Regigigas @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Frustration
- Close Combat

Regigigas @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Frustration
- Sunsteel Strike

Regigigas @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
- Focus Punch

Regigigas @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
- Defog
- Frustration

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Precipice Blades

=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1245 ===

Cresselia (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Brave Nature
- V-create
- Spectral Thief
- Pursuit
- Spikes

Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Spectral Thief
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Camerupt-Mega @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Blue Flare
- Moonblast
- Sludge Wave

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Steam Eruption
- Shore Up
- Thousand Waves

Registeel @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up

=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1244 ===

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Knock Off
- Shore Up
- Poison Fang

Abomasnow-Mega @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Ice Hammer
- Sunsteel Strike

Sceptile-Mega @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Seed Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Moongeist Beam

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Topsy-Turvy
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn

Sceptile-Mega @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Tail Glow
- Spore
- Earth Power

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shore Up
- Grassy Terrain

=== [gen7ru] Untitled 1243 ===

Guzzlord @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Knock Off
- Defog

Registeel @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Encore

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- King's Shield

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Entrainment
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Facade
- Taunt
- Precipice Blades

Ampharos-Mega @ Draco Plate
Ability: Galvanize
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Steam Eruption

Thanks to Funbot28 and regirock for helping me test in OMWC and to Chessking345 for talking though some prep with me to help me prepare teams. (sorry if I forgot anyone) Can't give a big enough shoutout to stresh who built more than half of the teams I used and constantly bounced around sets with me until we came up with the right mons for the team, all while he was prepping for his own slot too.

I know these teams aren't much use now but I hope you enjoy.
Thank you for giving credit where credit is due, I appreciate the kudos for the Dusk-Mane Ultra Form set, and yes I did come up with that as well as the Base Form Simple Smash Metagross set. Power Trip is something always remembered but rarely utilized to its fullest effect.

Also, longest post of Generation 7, and an amazing one at that. Congratulations on being promoted to Gen 8 BH Council!

It’s fair and honest people like you that make this thread so great to read! You deserve it very much! Also congrats to Funbot28 and a loser as well!
You are all winners in my book!

P.S. Reserving both Galar and Unova Darmanitan-Zen Mode for the eventual analysis! Not sleeping on this one! Both are top tier for Offensive, and Defensive options, respectively

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
What's everyone's takes on the moves Bolt Beak and Fishious Rend?
They have peculiar names, notably Bolt Beak. Like couldn’t they have tried just a little harder?

Fishious Rend is uniquely fitting, but not perfect. I would prefer Fishious Frenzy - like that just makes it more flavorful in move description.

As for their use, I love it. Water types took a hit without Primal-Kyogre, and Electrics lack physical attackers, so it was really up to the move base powers to not make new clones of old Pokemon. Objective was met without guaranteeing overpowered status, afterall, they cannot really do much vs priority moves (attacks and even just using things like Prankster Sap Strength).

Plus, who knew Paralysis would actually diminish a move’s Base Power besides Electro Ball? Go game freak! It’s the new Burn status condition, with chance of no-action. Talk about Defensive checks!

:bloblul:

"Mom said it's my turn on the XBox"

I just arrived here, in the lands of Smogon, and immediately started having some thoughts with the guys in the Uncharted Territory about Dracovish.
An abomination against God that is scaring even veterans with its nuclear, prehistoric Water-type STAB.
What makes it so terribly wrong is what I call the Triangle of Disaster: STAB-Secondary Effect-Strong Jaw.
A 90 Atk bizarre puzzle of fish heads and dinosaur spines is terrorizing a metagame and forcing people to run weird Pokémons like Arctovish or Seismitoad, with the good ol' fat bastards Ferrothorn and Toxapex being in 2HKO range if the fishy friend is Band and/or in Rain.
Fortunately, a 75 Spe fisho-reptileis laughably slow at times. Ahah

But what happens when a 140 Atk, 105 Spe, Strong Jaw, Speed Boosted shark stands the ground?

Oh God oh fucj (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Obstruct / Protect
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs / Extreme Speed

Aight I can't remember if Obstruct shields against all moves or damage-dealing ones.
Don't expect to send in Sharpedo and solo the opponent, but actually expect some fun.
Protect or Obstruct to gain a nice +1 Spe, and if Obstruct is negating status moves too, a nice -2 Def on the opponent.
Then boom crack the Mega and start mowing everything down, drowning the opponent with a 140 Atk, STAB, Strong Jaw boosted Fishious Rend with 2x power courtesy of its effect. Trust me, if a Dracovish terrorizes OU, this thing can close down BH.
Crunch for another nice STAB against eventual Water immunities, and the last one used to cover anything left behind (Psychic Fangs) or cleaning a weakened opponent (ok no STAB or else, but still 80 BP and 140 Atk). I thought also about Bolt Beak to nail down Primal Kyogre, even though it gets good damage from Crunch.

Please note that if there are some monstrosity in this set, it was just an idea I put here to receive some advice: constructive criticism=good, insulting=bad

Thanks and if life bites you, bite it back

a loser

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
https://pokepast.es/c2fffe50fffeee3b
Here's my Gen 7 BH teambuilder. Had a lot of fun with lots of these teams. I think I'm done with this generation but if it keeps going, feel free to have fun with these as well.

Not to get too sentimental but this has been by far my favorite meta since I discovered it soon after S/M came out. I've met some pretty cool people in BH and learned a lot about mons from it. I'd definitely recommend this meta to anyone who is wanting to unleash their creativity. But some of these cool people are being a little too cool and saying they won't be playing Gen 8 BH and I hope they change their minds. Its already a whole new world with the new mons and lack of others (like average BST of viable mons dropped from 620 to like 550). There is a lot to explore and we need some smart/good players to come help us do it.

Thanks for a fun Gen 7!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
It’s only fitting that I close this thread with the final post of all time:

ED3F66B5-F6AC-4BDD-B0A9-8FCF744D5EDB.jpeg
Hide ‘N Seek (Giratina-Origin) @ Metronome
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Force
- Copycat
- Core Enforcer
- Recover / Swords Dance

Both turns of Shadow Force boost Metronome, even when called via Copycat. Core Enforcer disables Dazzling, Poison Heal, and other Pranksters, Recover is for longevity, although Swords Dance can be used turn 1 for immediate power. Copycat is what makes the set function. Metronome basically doubles the power after 6 turns (including the charge turns), negating the need for set-up and allowing Recover over Swords Dance - and the item boost is unaffected by Haze. Minimum Speed so you hit last and stay hidden.

3C7C2B10-E0E5-46E5-9157-2433A05465E6.jpeg
Mr. 1HKO (Slaking) (M) @ Normalium-Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Spectral Thief
- Ice Shard

The signature set that changed the face of Dazzling, and became Slaking’s most used set - (let the usage stats speak for themselves), spawned infinite discussion and inspired users to use my set upon seeing it in battle, either as spectator or the opponent after battle. I did see people try to replicate it in their own way, like with Regigigas, or Shell Smash, but it just didn’t come close. Mr. 1HKO after 1 Turn of set-up speaks for itself, even KOing Eviolite Imposter, all without a Super Effective hit, and even Zygarde-Complete (Ice Shard is only 160 base power) simply because it’s that good. No Tough Claws, Simple, Life Orb, or Choice Band required.

248 HP EVs for an odd HP #, allowing me to come in on an immune hit like Moongeist Beam, set up Belly Drum on an immune hit like Triage Oblivion Wing, and sweep at 51%. If I need to switch out; it can famously Belly Drum again to 1 HP, and then Belly Drum with the Z-move to heal to 100% totaling 4 Belly Drum without a regular healing move, item, or ability.

30FD32E7-25BE-43FF-AA93-44FF36104A7B.jpeg
100% That Greninja Set (Greninja-Ash) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid / Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

This is the set that put me on the map, and allowed me to 1HKO both Giratinas, Solgaleo + Necrozma Dusk-Mane; Gengar-Mega, Ferrothorn, Sandstream Tyranitar-Mega, and acting as a lure to 2HKO the usual checks like Groudon-Primal, and Dialga by punishing their switch-in and finishing them off next turn.

When you seek a powerhouse SpA sweeper, this starter hopes to finish the opponent off.

Although, I will claim credit for the Greninja-Ash set Chessking345 posted, as I had mentioned it earlier on in July; sans Secret Sword over Origin Pulse.

10CBAC37-C84E-414B-AEEA-295F34DEA79D.jpeg
(Necrozma-Ultra) @ Life Orb / Ultranecrozium Z
Shiny: Yes
Lonely Nature
- Photon Geyser
- V-Create
- Clanging Scales
- Shell Smash / Filler Coverage Move

This was the set that was so straightforward, yet was so uniquely effective at the same time. You can see the calculations here, and see how Photon Geyser gets the best of four worlds: Nature makes it physical, but if Burnt, King’s Shielded, or Sap Strengthed, it can hit off of SpA, plus the same can be said if you upgrade to LTBTS as a Z-move off whichever Offense you prefer.

V-Create’s ability to break +Def Registeel, really solidifies its niche as a mixed Sweeper, and keeps the opponent on its toes. Clanging Scales has 2 benefits, it doesn’t lower SpA like Draco Meteor; and you can block Imposter with a Soundproofer, such as Slowbro-Mega thanks to the unique Lonely Nature to keep its other 2 moves Physical. Shell Smash would only negate Slowbro-Mega’s natural resistances, and not truly overpower it.

5948A56B-88BB-4F50-9B35-6AD7188991EC.png
L’Oréal (Darmanitan-Zen) @ Leftovers / Assault Vest
Ability: Fur Coat / Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Blue Flare
- Volt Switch / Stealth Rocks
- Core Enforcer
- Recover

Breaking the mold of walls that lack a true offensive presence, when looking at raw stats, Darmanitan-Z always seemed average at best when it came to handling hits. However, packing equally solid defenses and HP, a rare typing that packs more resistances than Slowbro-Mega, and a STAB Blue Flare that kept Magic Bounce Steels like Magearna and Registeel on their toes, Darm-Z became my VR entry of Generation 7 for a reason.

Thanks to Fur Coat and alternatively RegenVest, those average stats were suddenly enough, as it’s permanent usage only gained in viability as more bans benefitted it: the Primal Groudon ban, Sleep Clause, Rayquaza-Mega ban, etc. which removed the strongest Ground-type, reduced the reliance on Safety Googles, and reduced the need for Soundproof allowed more vanilla abilities to shine.

With these metagame changes, this Pokémon’s role evolved and gave way for one of the most consistently improved Defensive Pokemon of all Generation 7, enuring a niche that gradually got better over time.

Singlehandedly stopping offensive threats Kartana, Kyurem-Black, MMX, Diancie-Mega, Beedrill-Mega, Pheromosa, etc. while keeping up a consistent punishment for typical checks that like to switch into it, such as Stealth Rock for Shedinja, and Core Enforcer for sets like PH Zygarde-Complete.

Alternatively, Volt Switch also enabled it to serve as a slow Defensive pivot when absolute checks like Kyogre-Primal or Yveltal where predictably going to switch in, leaving a notable dent along the way.

At times when role compression ruled the generation, Darmanitan-Z lead the path to mix a bit of offense with a large amount of Defense. And, oh yeah — it’s signature Fur Coat set dubbed L’Oréal will never be forgotten by the readers of this forum! It’s popularity isn’t limited to my sets, it was a unique standout among a lack of Fire-types that feared Stealth Rock to necessitate Magic Guard (Ho-Oh), or get stuck with a singular ability and item (Red Orb Groudon). If Greninja-Ash put me on the map, this Pokemon cemented my stance as a VR contributer for its unique, yet unforgettable role that compressed Defense, Offense, and slow pivoting.

7EA382F1-5B3C-4C6E-B3FE-A036506D5E5D.jpeg
Christmas! (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely / Hasty
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Shell Smash
- Reversal
- Photon Geyser
- Flail

In our upcoming holiday, and end of year, I would like to wrap up my post with a gift of an idea to all that read this. As outline here, Deoxys-Attack does this set like no other Pokemon can, combining low bulk, high Speed and Offensive stats, paired with an appropriate nature to push Photon Geyser towards physical damage. The set speaks for itself.

As a stocking stuffer, Deoxys-Attack works best with Psychic Terrain support, but oftentimes won’t even need that to break the opponent in 1 hit. With Shell Smash securing Deoxys-Attack survives with no more than 1 hit, its non-STAB attacks > 200 base (240 if Flail) power, and more than make up for STAB, let alone coverage with Fighting + Ice. As a Secret Santa surprise, Shell Smash is simply the icing on the Gingerbread cake, as you can often KO without a single boost!

Happy Holidays from a Pokemon that knows how to “sleigh” the competition!

As I end this post, and this thread, I would like to say that everyone who posted here contributed in some way, from that day to today! :)

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
i will deny om the final post because im cool like that

gen 7 was a really cool generation and I had a lot of fun with really diverse teams from full stall to hyper offense. because orthodox teams are p boring here are the more interesting ones.

:sm/groudon-primal: :sm/magearna: :sm/slaking: :sm/yveltal: :sm/zygarde-complete: :sm/chansey:
little johnny (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- V-create
- Core Enforcer
- Stealth Rock

hes fuckin dead (Magearna) @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Recover
- Volt Switch

make a wish foundation (Slaking) @ Toxic Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Facade
- King's Shield
- Wish
- U-turn

hes a goner (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Oblivion Wing
- Ice Beam
- Spikes

pitcher (Zygarde-Complete) @ Groundium Z
Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Haze
- Heal Order
- Encore

baseball bat (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Final Gambit
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

You may recognize the first three mons from this post I made before, and the reasoning for them are there.
I then added Zygarde-Complete as a physical blanket check, good for pressuring passive walls (especially Flash Fire Steels) and beating most Gengar-Mega sets. Chansey is a good scout for Flash Fire and a general switchin to special attackers like Mewtwo-Mega-Y and Kyurem-White.
Lastly, it took me a lot of time to decide on a secondary attacker. As you can see, I tried a lot of things:
1576132750787.png

I finally settled on Triage Yveltal for 1) the extra insurance against Gengar, 2) its longevity and speed control, and 3) its ability to set Spikes pretty well. Revelation Dance and Oblivion Wing are STABs, and Ice Beam hits Zygarde-Complete very hard, who would otherwise wall this set.

:sm/magearna: :sm/xerneas: :sm/venusaur-mega: :sm/yveltal: :sm/giratina: :sm/ho-oh:
cbt (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Entrainment
- Slack Off
- U-turn

THE CRUSHER (Xerneas) @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Thunder
- Quiver Dance

Goop (Venusaur-Mega) @ Black Sludge
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Entrainment

tamakeri (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Spikes

parachute (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Strength Sap
- Milk Drink
- Haze

humbler (Ho-Oh) @ Toxic Orb
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Defog

(see above link for core explanation)
I added Triage Yveltal to this team for the same reasons as Sportscaster Special. This time, I didn't need Ice Beam to beat Zygarde because Xerneas already does that.
Finally, I added the defensive core of Prankster Giratina and MG Ho-Oh. Giratina is here to check Shedinja (since I don't have a switch-in to it, offensive or defensive), and Ho-Oh is a solid special tank that can pressure opposing PH Xerneas and Steel-types.

:sm/mewtwo-mega-y: :sm/lugia: :sm/ho-oh: :sm/giratina: :sm/magearna: :sm/yveltal:
WEREWOLF EGG (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Naive Nature
- Focus Energy
- Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Close Combat

wade wilson (Lugia) @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Beak Blast
- Poison Fang
- U-turn

FUCK IT, NOTHING (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Anchor Shot
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

[epic jojo meme] (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 240 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Haze
- Entrainment
- Milk Drink

big personality gf (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Worry Seed
- Heal Order
- U-turn

Golira (Yveltal) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Corrosion
Relaxed Nature
- Twineedle
- Pursuit
- Revelation Dance
- Roost

I built this around Sniper MMY, a similar mon to MMX that differs in its ability to spam high-powered crit moves without fearing Beak Blast or Baneful Bunker and stuff. It's improofed by Regenvest Lugia, which is a decent wall, checking MMX, non-SF MMY, and Diancie. Because I figured Steels would be a potential problem (MMY's CC is not that powerful due to physical and lack of STAB), I wanted to use a Corrosion mon and used Yveltal. It's improofed by MG Ho-Oh, who provides secondary offensive support by surprising Tyranitar-Mega with a HJK and further pressures Steels. MB Magearna and Prankster Giratina finish the defensive core.

:sm/deoxys-attack: :sm/xerneas: :sm/gengar-mega: :sm/charizard-mega-y: :sm/diancie-mega: :sm/chansey:
Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 22 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Xerneas @ Pixie Plate
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Strength Sap
- Haze

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Sludge Bomb
- Shell Smash

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Icicle Plate
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Oblivion Wing
- Secret Sword

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
- V-create

Timid Nature
- Trick
- Final Gambit
- Rapid Spin
- Strength Sap

i tried to emulate the explosion idea that Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) brought up but stuff happened and now there's only one lol Deoxys-Attack is the lead, setting hazards and knocking off stuff and then dying. IVs ensure Imposter dies.
Charizard-Mega-Y is the main wincon. It's the normal Triage set, with Ice Judgment to beat Giratina and Zygarde-Complete. It's improofed by a normal Dazzling Gengar-Mega set.
Diancie-Mega provides Rapid Spin support and explodes on the defogger. EVs and IVs ensure Imposter takes maximum damage from Explosion. It's soft-improofed by Charizard-Mega-Y.
Xerneas provides good offensive support, taunting Defoggers and beating spam like MMX. It's soft-improofed by Gengar-Mega.
Imposter Chansey provides a good revenge killer and speed control, and can beat the opponent if transformed into an attacker after the improof is dead. It also scouts stuff.

:sm/deoxys-attack: :sm/eevee: :sm/regigigas: :sm/gengar-mega: :sm/zygarde-complete: :sm/xerneas:
sucking toes (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature
IVs: 22 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Knock Off

e621 (Eevee) @ Eevium Z
Calm Nature
- Last Resort
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Baton Pass

ball buster (Regigigas) @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Avalanche

GENGOD SUNDAY XDDD (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Sludge Bomb
- Roost
- Quiver Dance

ugly bastard (Zygarde-Complete) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Careful Nature
- Trick
- Final Gambit
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

beastiality (Xerneas) @ Safety Goggles
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Strength Sap
- Haze

i would tell you not to use this team but i got to like 1690 with it so something's working there

I wanted to build around Prankster Eevee for some reason. The main receivers are Regigigas and Gengar-Mega, who do big damage and improof themselves. Deoxys-Attack provides the hazards like the last team, Xerneas provides the offensive support like the last team, and Zygarde-Complete tries to nuke/cripple the Prankster user, any useful defensive mon, or troublesome attacker.

:sm/zygarde-complete: :sm/gengar-mega: :sm/gyarados-mega: :sm/tyranitar-mega: :sm/kyogre-primal: :sm/xerneas:
millenial humor (Zygarde-Complete) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Entrainment
- Heal Order
- U-turn

VIBE CHECK (Gengar-Mega) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Water Spout
- Sludge Wave
- Tail Glow

MONSTER ENERGY DRINK (Gyarados-Mega) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Pursuit
- Heal Order

Lubriderm Lotion™ (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot

the cameraman (Kyogre-Primal) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 116 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Water Spout
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

succ (Xerneas) @ Pixie Plate
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Haze
- Recover
- Taunt

this is another shitposting team, it didnt get very far but then again i didnt play with it that much

I considered the worth of Water Spout Gengar, since it beats Tyranitar-Mega while doing a shit ton of damage to Yveltal in Rain. I took a lot of inspiration from Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) 's semi-rain team, besides the wack improof in TTar and the Xerneas there to beat Zygarde-Complete.

:sm/pinsir-mega: :sm/necrozma-dusk-mane: :sm/slaking: :sm/zygarde-complete: :sm/diancie-mega: :sm/chansey:
DARRYL (Pinsir-Mega) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Dragon Ascent
- Close Combat
- Icicle Crash

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Steelium Z
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Slack Off
- Defog

Slaking @ Toxic Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Facade
- King's Shield
- Wish
- U-turn

Careful Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Haze
- Heal Order
- Encore

Diancie-Mega @ Expert Belt
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Final Gambit
- Whirlwind
- Shore Up
- U-turn

gale wings is the set guys you litrally beat all the degens using prankster encore steels
this works pretty similarly to sportscaster special except you have to be more careful to keep pinsir perfectly healthy which i guess is a fault of gale wings but its still really cool c:

so yeah gen 7 bh was a p cool meta to start getting good in, it's fun to see me evolve from using these bad teams to using equally bad teams. here's to an equally cool gen 8 meta

oh yeah check out mbh!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
My lame attempt to thwart OM! has failed and I have nothing to say now! OM! maintains closing this thread with the last post!
You can’t deny what I intend. Uncool move.

Anyways, here is my final set:

227DA08E-A68B-498D-929E-C7D6155B78C4.jpeg
Super Smash MoFo (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Sunsteel Strike

Undeniably powerful. The goal is to Substitute first on a defensive Pokemon like Registeel, Shell Smash second to see if they have Prankster (on Registeel or on another possible Prankster Hazer that would switch in, such as Giratina), and then Spore the turn after Shell Smash after they revealed their Hazer, as they try to pivot into something that can break the Substitute. Shell Smash on their switch out of the Spore, and Mega Evolve to SunSteel Strike for some of the heaviest physical Steel damage possible.

This set was conceived when I was still earning my stripes and motivated me, even under pressure, to keep striving for greatness, and it was my first major win, as it was against my first rival and antagonist at the time, RNG is Cancer.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-571368244

When the stakes were stacked and my Mawile was up against the perfect counter for it: Groudon-Primal (before the ban), it had to save my team from literally losing it all. And it did, KO after KO, thanks to this exact set. Anything different in my set, and the tide would have gone the other way. This game perfectly exemplifies how having the exact right ingredients, moveset, teammates, a little luck and strategic play, can allow a near secure loss to become an upset win. If it weren’t for this game, I may have stopped and left my BH days in pure defeat.

But no, God said I would win, and To top it all off, everyone who was anyone at the time, including E4 Flint was there, reminding RNG is Cancer I wouldn’t need to post anymore replays. And the funny thing is, RNG was Cancer for my opponent, but only made possible by lasting as long as I did and pushing myself to make the power move switch to Mawile in order to enable the victory that I achieved.

So there you have it! How I went from almost defeated in morale and game, to returning for the big leagues and securing a VR nomination, and soon afterwards, implementation where Darm-Z lasted from its inception to the end of a generation... forever listed on the VR BH Gen 7 power ratings.

The full story is now here... for all to see.

Last edited:
No.

Gen 7 good gen 8 bad. I can't wait to use Intrepid Sword mmx in natdex bh, it's going to be so fun. :)
You can’t deny what I intend. Uncool move.

Anyways, here is my final set:

View attachment 211441
Super Smash MoFo (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Sunsteel Strike

Undeniably powerful. The goal is to Substitute first on a defensive Pokemon like Registeel, Shell Smash second to see if they have Prankster (on Registeel or on another possible Prankster Hazer that would switch in, such as Giratina), and then Spore the turn after Shell Smash after they revealed their Hazer, as they try to pivot into something that can break the Substitute. Shell Smash on their switch out of the Spore, and Mega Evolve to SunSteel Strike for some of the heaviest physical Steel damage possible.

This set was conceived when I was still earning my stripes and motivated me, even under pressure, to keep striving for greatness, and it was my first major win, as it was against my first rival and antagonist at the time, RNG is Cancer.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-571368244

When the stakes were stacked and my Mawile was up against the perfect counter for it: Groudon-Primal (before the ban), it had to save my team from literally losing it all. And it did, KO after KO, thanks to this exact set. Anything different in my set, and the tide would have gone the other way. This game perfectly exemplifies how having the exact right ingredients, moveset, teammates, a little luck and strategic play, can allow a near secure loss to become an upset win. If it weren’t for this game, I may have stopped and left my BH days in pure defeat.

But no, God said I would win, and To top it all off, everyone who was anyone at the time, including E4 Flint was there, reminding RNG is Cancer I wouldn’t need to post anymore replays. And the funny thing is, RNG was Cancer for my opponent, but only made possible by lasting as long as I did and pushing myself to make the power move switch to Mawile in order to enable the victory that I achieved.

So there you have it! How I went from almost defeated in morale and game, to returning for the big leagues and securing a VR nomination, and soon afterwards, implementation where Darm-Z lasted from its inception to the end of a generation... forever listed on the VR BH Gen 7 power ratings.

The full story is now here... for all to see.
nice fanfiction uwu

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
alright time to talk about shed (note: this is gen 7, i know the threads look alike in alerts)

building with shed

in the current meta, i think there are a lot of weird things you can do with shed. the best shed teams arent the inconsistent offenses brought to tournament games, but they also arent the boring ones that rely on pivoting and countering threats. instead, they are the teams that maximize proactivity and allow for incredible levels of mobility; the opponent typically has a harder time shutting down a gameplan when you can be unpredictable and flexible with it.

i've said this before but for me, the best shed teams can't be "forced", or rather, you can't just start with shed in the builder. you need a solid concept that performs well in the metagame. this has been the case for all my best shed teams in the past. crusher started with sf mmy, penguin with triage ray + sap xern, gm with apollo 13. after you have the concept and you really have a sense of its viability, you can begin to construct the team. obviously i don't think this is 100% necessary, but i do think it's something noteworthy if you really want to maximize consistency.

anyway, here are some things that are useful for shed teams:

magic bounce is pretty necessary imo, shutting down imposter as well as opposing hazards is consistent in a way that you can't really replicate without multiple spinners, which obviously brings its own issues. it allows for greater proactivity because you aren't guaranteed to have to spend a turn spinning away hazards.

note: these lists are unordered within ranks

good: :kyogre-primal: :zygarde-complete: :lugia: :ho-oh:
decent: :magearna: :giratina: :heatran: :giratina-origin: :slowbro-mega: :audino-mega:
niche: :regigigas: :empoleon: :cresselia: :xerneas: :arceus: :tyranitar-mega: :yveltal: :sableye: :mewtwo-mega-y:

-ate spin is probably one of shed's most important tools. it allows for a secondary method of preventing hazards from going up, and lessens the load on the magic bounce user as well. if the bouncer gets weakened and sending it out is risky, you can just get the spinner in and remove hazards. having a decent offensive presence with the ate move is nice as well.

good: :xerneas: :magearna:
decent: :lugia: :ho-oh: :kyogre-primal: :mewtwo-mega-x: :celesteela: :yveltal:
niche: :zygarde-complete: :diancie-mega: :mewtwo-mega-y: :aerodactyl-mega: :kyurem-black: :altaria-mega:

speed control is pretty necessary to avoid just getting overwhelmed by offensive pressure. a shed team that's constantly on the disadvantage isn't a good shed team.

typically, speed control is accomplished using either fast pokemon or setup sweepers. setup sweepers usually have far greater defensive utility but can force the player into more rigid gameplans against faster teams (a game against these teams is typically centered around finding opportunities to set up), so it's a tradeoff that should be kept in mind when building. obviously, both of these methods of speed control are strong.

fast pokemon: :mewtwo-mega-y: :blissey: :charizard-mega-y: :aerodactyl-mega:
setup sweepers: :xerneas: :kyogre-primal: :gyarados-mega: :regigigas: :charizard-mega-y: :groudon-primal:

poison heal has a notable vulnerability to trapping and can get overwhelmed, but its resistance against all the things that kill shed alongside its sheer consistency vs opposing fat teams and how well it does with good mobility make it a mainstay on the most powerful shed teams. this is also where (imo) the majority of innovation happens with shed.

good: :xerneas: :mewtwo-mega-y:
decent: :kyogre-primal: :gyarados-mega: :regigigas: :giratina:
niche: :mewtwo-mega-x: :yveltal: :ho-oh: :cresselia: :altaria-mega: :zekrom:

prankster is necessary. i'd even go further than saying it's on every good team-- it's on every team that even tries to be good. it's a bit inefficient though, xern is by far the best prank on shed teams but it can be redundant because you want to use a fairy type spinner as well. i feel like there's quite a bit of innovation that can still be made in this part.

good: :zygarde-complete: :giratina: :xerneas:
decent: :kyogre-primal: :steelix-mega: :swampert-mega: :necrozma-dusk-mane:
niche: :magearna: :registeel: :golisopod: :groudon: :arceus: :scizor-mega:

trapping immunity is honestly really underrated, i'd recommend it. having it around just gives you more options with mobility, because you don't have to worry about surprise anchor/waves, and also gets you out of cheesy trapping strats on ladder. shed shell imposter is the obvious user, but i often find myself fitting the shell onto a pokemon that doesn't necessarily need its item slot. don't use ghosts they're bad.

imposter is most likely needed for maximum consistency (and if you want to bop ladder, you probably need scarf or at least eviolite on it), but more and more i've found myself making shed teams without it because i just don't have the room. it's not ideal but you can definitely play without it.

shed teams i've made recently (click for pokepaste + descriptions, sorry for text walls they don't let me make line breaks)
:mewtwo-mega-y::shedinja::giratina::blissey::ho-oh::xerneas:
:groudon-primal::shedinja::aerodactyl-mega::blissey::arceus-ground::xerneas:
:gyarados-mega::shedinja::chansey::steelix-mega::lugia::kyogre-primal:
:ho-oh::yveltal::shedinja::swampert-mega::magearna::kyogre-primal:
:greninja-ash::zygarde-complete::kartana::heatran::lugia::shedinja:

using shed

through my numerous forays in bh hell ive used shed too much. heres how you do shed things with shed.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1043242873 this is a game i had vs mamp recently that shows how to use the flexibility of shed teams to your advantage.

going hard chans on diancie from lix allowed me to cover the possibility of a specs diancie as well as a potential scout on hooh; having hooh scouted here is very nice because gyara and shed are both potential switchins for it if i know the set. as it turns out it loses to both of these, but i'm a bit concerned about double to gar or vcreate on gyara (lessens its ability to beat gar especially without ph activated) so i just go for vcreate, which is safe because i'm shell. pert reveals ph, i play safely with lugia because it's useful here and i can afford to let in gar with my team healthy like this.

hard steelix vs gar allows me to scout the set and block potential specs volt switch without giving up a valuable mon, then gyara to activate orb at low cost, then shed to see whether it's an electrify variant that gets walled, then ogre to discourage qd, then back to gyara on the predicted switch/stay in to get wisped (recover with ogre was also a good play here). gar is forced out and i get a favorable matchup at little to no risk.

this is the kind of thing that helps me win the game. i have so many options here that some of them are guaranteed to be safe, but enough of these options are good that it's not obvious to my opponent which one i can choose, so i am able to maintain a good position that is only vulnerable to hard callouts and unusual sets. the relatively good matchup only helps further.

appraisal is one of the necessary but less talked about aspects of this. you need to be aware of which positions you should be trying to get to, and how feasible it is to get to them. are you willing to potentially lose imposter just to learn the last 2 moves on that zyg? how far can you carry an advantage state started by clicking boomburst with your spinner, or endeavor/rocks with shed? how will you bring this game to the point of no return for your opponent? these questions will be different on every matchup.

knowing information about the opponent's team is really powerful with shedinja (this is part of why imposter is so good with it). outside of knowing how to scout well, you should be looking for imposter-proofers, hazard removers, prankster, potential lure sets, all of those in team preview and based on the in-game decisions they make.

in my opinion, most people play shed itself a bit incorrectly. against any team that moves at above a snail's pace, you should be throwing it out sometimes even against pokemon with unrevealed sets. the opponent's reaction can give you a lot of information early-game, and later on you can make gambles/take educated risks with staying in. additionally, i think people don't click endeavor nearly as much as they should. ghosts that can't touch shed are just telling you that they're going to switch out. that sack that you just brought down to 1 hp is totally going to switch out to be preserved. click endeavor again. what are you going to lose here? no sane player wouldn't account for shed's other extremely strong tools in rocks, uturn, and espeed. if they make objectively bad plays like hard imposter, it likely won't be long before they lose or blunder the game away anyway. this obviously doesn't apply to slower tempo situations.

building against shed

everyone builds differently so i don't really think i can adequately represent all of that here with some universal building guide. instead, i'll just go over different ways of getting around shed, from more to less consistent vs it.

note: these good/decent/niche lists don't just factor in the viability of the sets, but also how good they are at beating shed specifically. this is why some mons that perform worse vs shed specifically are lower despite being better otherwise.

moldy pursuit is the hard shed counter that typically comes to mind. i really can't say i'm a fan of it because of uturn being present and you needing to get through midgrounds and a read in order to even get shed out of the game, i won vs motherlove with penguin even though he had moldy first impression + pursuit mmx. its unreliable and a waste of a moveslot imo. unless you run eject button with it, thats a fire tech and will most likely win you the game instantly.

good: everything below, as long as you have eject button
decent: :gengar-mega: :tyranitar-mega: :greninja-ash:
niche: :gyarados-mega: :mewtwo-mega-x: :giratina: :zygarde-complete: :sableye: :beedrill-mega:

weather is really team specific. the majority of teams simply cannot use such a passive and potentially detrimental ability with every expression of passivity getting punished more and more. obviously aurora veil is the exception to this and pretty much limits shed to 1 endeavor at most, unless the matchup is good and they can stall out hail or something. use veil.

good: :zeraora: :registeel:
decent: :toxapex: :audino-mega:
niche: :tyranitar-mega: :nihilego: :lapras:

mold breaker itself is pretty cool. it allows for some neat experimentation because of how many forms of traditional counterplay it can just bypass. i think the passive hazard setters are near unviable in this metagame, dimrah has used them so many times to no avail. the rocks just get spun away. the best mold breaker users are mons with an offensive presence like mmy, mega blaziken, reshiram, all those guys. without pursuit they can do more damage to shed's teammates. you can even just slap a hazard on them and run a spinner to imposter proof. i'd say this is the first choice that doesn't significantly limit your options.

good: :mewtwo-mega-y: :mewtwo-mega-x: :gengar-mega:
decent: :reshiram: :kyogre-primal: :groudon: :xerneas: :ho-oh: :yveltal: :dialga:
niche: :giratina: :zygarde-complete: :solgaleo:

aggressive hazard setters are next on the list. basically mons that can hope to maintain hazards against typical shed builds, usually through sufficient power to deter hazard removers or maybe like taunt or something. these guys are cool if you get to play them right and are generally very strong even outside of the shed matchup.

good: :groudon-primal: (fujiyama volcano) :gengar-mega: (stabs + rocks [run bp to avoid pursuit]) :kartana: (3atks spikes) :shedinja: (lol)
decent: :mewtwo-mega-x: (cc/ice/sunsteel w pursuit teammate) :slaking: (ph rocks) :xerneas: (ph) :diancie-mega: (pixilate) :gyarados-mega: (ph wisp spikes) :groudon-primal: (rocks) :kyogre-primal: (scald/rocks/gira coverage) :mewtwo-mega-y: (sf rocks) probably a bunch of other stuff here. you can really get creative with this one.
niche: too many to even attempt to list

uncounterable mons are next up. these guys are a bit strange with how they function, each one performs a bit differently. basically, rather than relying on hazards or anything else they attempt to just bruteforce the shed team and take advantage of it not having any counters to them. typically need good mobility in order to work. taunt is a cool move.

good: :gengar-mega: (specs, stabs electrify) :xerneas: (ph 3atks)
decent: :kartana: (cb) :mewtwo-mega-y: (anything that can kill shed) :kyogre-primal: (ph, mystic water) :charizard-mega-y: (moongeist or magma storm) :yveltal: (black glasses sunsteel) :mewtwo-mega-x: (tc or maybe cb adapt) :lunala: (lunalium is the only set) also more stuff here like zekrom or something. idk.
niche: everyone else

last on this list is knock users. knock is really weird because it doesn't really take shed out of the game so he can still come in, but he can't even do anything to helmet bouncers. don't really know how to feel about this personally.

good: :mewtwo-mega-y: (smm) :regigigas: (ph) :ho-oh: (mg)
decent: :tyranitar-mega: (cb [run gunk shot + vcreate + ff gear it works i swear]) :mewtwo-mega-x: (4atks) :xerneas: (ph util) :ho-oh: (bounce)
niche: :groudon-primal: :blaziken-mega: :kyogre-primal: :diancie-mega: :kyurem-white: :sableye-mega:

everything below this encompasses not losing to shed, rather than beating it (so stuff like bounce entrain giratina). slowing down the tempo can be very beneficial if you're reliant on mons like choice item users to break through, but as a whole not losing to shed is a really uphill battle and i don't recommend having these be your only counterplay.

mons that prevent shed from getting hazards are generally pretty specific and limited but not letting shed get hazards is nice i guess. not necessary unless your team is really rocks weak.

good: :giratina: (bounce entrain, ph wisp/entrain defog)
decent: :giratina-origin: (bounce, typically scald or something) :sableye:
niche: :xerneas: :yveltal: :kyogre-primal: :mewtwo-mega-x: :arceus: (ph shield + defog) :gengar-mega: (why are you running defog gar) :jellicent: :mimikyu: :gourgeist-super: :aegislash: (bounce [me and the boys])

shed counters (these let rocks go up). pretty self explanatory, everything thats immune to endeavor.

good: :gengar-mega: :giratina: :sableye-mega:
decent: :giratina-origin: :shedinja:
niche: me and the boys

pokemon that don't die to endeavor + espeed. you shouldn't really be basing your game plan off these. they spare you a sack and can sometimes recover but they do give up momentum.

good: :mewtwo-mega-x: :regigigas: (dazzling photon/sunsteel)
decent: :aggron-mega: :steelix-mega: (leftovers) :diancie: :diancie-mega: :zygarde-complete: (ph) :arceus: (ph shield) :necrozma-dusk-mane: (fc leftovers) :mewtwo-mega-y: (dazzling)
niche: :tyranitar-mega: (ph) :magearna: :registeel: :zygarde-complete: (fc leftovers) :slowbro-mega: :buzzwole: :xerneas: (ph shield) :bastiodon: (leftovers)

playing against shed

i think that a good way of learning how to beat shed is by playing against shed teams on the ladder. typically these players can't take full advantage of the benefits shed brings so these teams end up being little more than the sum of their parts. as long as the matchup isn't horrible, you should be able to make it collapse, and in doing so become more efficient so you can do this even when your opponent gives you less time.

something i think many people overlook is that shedinja actually starts out at a disadvantage. in team preview, you should be able to make good guesses as to which role each pokemon plays. the bouncer, prank, imposter, potential spinner, and breakers will be obvious. even on a spammy offense team with shed, you can assume the existence of mons like magic guard defog, refrigerate spin mmx, stuff like that. the shed team is the one tasked with gathering information on your team. it's your job to make this hard for them. don't just give them their full-powered form right away.

given the information you have from team preview, your goal is to look for situations where the shed player is trapped, meaning they have no safe options. achieving enough of these situations within the given amount of time will win you the game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-1040147965

while my opponent didn't do a very good job of supporting shed, i think this is a fine example. i get xern in as quickly as i can without getting scouted by imposter, then take out the spinner, get a read on imposter coming in instead of bounce, and get up spikes that can't really be removed. in retrospect, volt tackle was probably a much better play there considering the mmy in the back which could get up rocks anyway. if shed came in to scout, i could either call out the hooh switchin with volt tackle, stay in and spike, or just not engage at all and switch out to lugia, who is unnecessary here.

this attack was a bit hastily organized, but it's a good starting point. i feel like i made the most of the element of surprise and the pokemon i had at my disposal. another option i had was trying to freeze the gear with mmy, which was a bit sketchy. here is the team i used for reference.

one more thing i want to say here is that if you want some shed practice, you can ask me as well. i'm always up for some low stakes action vs people who are actually trying

this concludes this post on shed. i better see absolutely phenomenal gameplay from the guys in the om circuit and any future gen 7 bh tours if there is any shed in the game. ask me if you want some more teams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)