Back to Pokemon after forever!

INTRODUCTION:

Winter break rolled in and I decided to get back into Pokemon after a year or so. I just downloaded Pokemon Online a few days ago and made a few teams, but I lost about as often as I won. As a result, I decided to turn to you guys to help me in making my team more capable of handling the current metagame.

TEAM AT-A-GLANCE:

TEAM IN-DEPTH:

Jirachi @ Balloon
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP | 224 Atk | 32 Speed
IVs: All 31
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
  • Thunder Wave
  • Stealth Rock
  • Iron Head
  • Ice Punch
Comments & Thoughts:

I really don't like using Suicide Leads, and I usually use a bulky lead to lay down the Rocks. I've tried both Heatran and Jirachi and found this to be much more effective. I'm not sure if the EVs are optimal as I just made them really quickly. Thunder Wave + Iron Head = 72.5% chance opponent doesn't attack. And Ice Punch hits what Thunder Wave doesn't. Balloon has actually proved to be pretty useful in many cases.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Surf
  • Psychic
  • Recover
Comments & Thoughts:

Latios complements Jirachi pretty well and provides me a counter for numerous threats in this metagame. I used three-attack Latios because I didn't want this guy locked into a Choice move which makes him Shandera or Pursuit bait. I also knew I wanted Recover on Latios as I need him to stay alive for some portion of the game.

Landlos (Randorosu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Encourage
EVs: 4 Def | 252 Atk | 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Grass Knot
Comments & Thoughts:

I used Garchomp in my very first B/W team and after a few revisions, I switched it out for Landlos. It gives me an extremely useful Fighting resist and Ground immunity and serves as a pretty nice sweeper. I put Grass Knot to help me in hitting Water type switch ins.

Genosect (Genosekuto) @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

Bug Buzz
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
U-Turn
Comments & Thoughts:

I used to use Scizor in my original few teams. After getting raeped by Genosect a few times, I decided I'd replace my Scizor with one of these. I haven't tried a Scarf varient, but I think it may help me because my team lacks quite a bit of speed for this current metagame. I didn't keep Thunderbolt as I felt I didn't really need it. U-Turn is more useful for scouting and making use of Genosect's 120 base attack and Download giving me an Attack boost.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Comments & Thoughts:

I'd always wanted to use this Pokemon and I felt this team gave me the opportunity to do so. This was the last slot I filled up for the team, and it's proven extremely useful. I kept it on the team because I wanted a good water-type switch in as well as a bit more immediate power. Kyurem did not disappoint.

Terakion @ Balloon
Ability: Heart of Justice
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)

Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Close Combat
Earthquake
Comments & Thoughts:

Terakion is a really powerful Physical sweeper and while it may have numerous weaknesses, they are all covered by my team. Conversely, some of the resistances and checks Terakion can provide are appreciated.

Threat List (not completely comprehensive):

Garchomp:- Never had any counters and probably never will. I just have to revenge with Latios and switch wisely against Choice varients.

Landlos:- Latios can Surf it. Genosect can Ice Beam it. Jirachi has Ice Punch. Kyurem OHKOs it with 3/4 of its moves. Landlos usually can't hurt me too much.

Roobushin:- Landlos resists Fighting as does Latios. Latios also has Psychic for Fighting types.

Deoxys:- Genosect can Bug Buzz Deoxys.

Latios/as :- Genosect can Bug Buzz these. Jirachi can T-Wave + Ice Punch.

Doryuuzu :- Hate these. Terakion has Balloon and can OHKO with Close Combat. Landlos resists EQ and X-Scissor.

Kingdra + Rain Teams :- Murder me. Jirachi is my only hope against Kingdra. And I didn't even defensively EV Jirachi because then it becomes set-up fodder. Kyurem kills most water types, but Kingdra.....

Voltolos :- Landlos with Rock Slide is a decent check against Voltolos. Jirachi can T-Wave and then Ice Punch.

Kerudio :- Latios can typically handle this. Psychic OHKOs.

Shandera :- Many pokemon on my team can revenge kill this. Scarf Shandera is annoying since it can trap & kill Genosect, Jirachi, and Latios.

Sazandora :- Genosect has a super effective move and outspeeds. Latios can revenge kill.

Jalorda :- Genosect and Latios once again.

Terakion :- Landlos helps me handle these.

Tyranitar :- If I can get Terakion in on a Dark move, then excellent. It all comes down to the type of Tyranitar and smart switching.

Blaziken :- Latios is a decent check just like it was for Infernape back in the day. Landlos resists Fighting and can OHKO.

Nattorei :- Genosect can fry this thing. Kyurem can hit it for neutral damage with Specs Ice Beam. Nattorei usually isn't a big problem for me.

Burunkeru :- I'd probably just switch in Kyurem and try to hurt something really hard. Burunkeru is quite annoying since I don't have Electric moves on my team (bar T-Wave, but that doesn't do damage).

Erufuun :- I hate this thing. U-Turn from Genosect is quite effective in breaking subs and removing Leech Seed. Every poke on my team can really hurt this thing, so it's not too bad.

Blissey/Chansey :- Annoying since it can wall a few pokemon on my team and hit me with status moves. But it can't really do too much against me either.

Conclusion:

Since I'm pretty doing pretty poorly in Black/White, I'm guessing that I probably overlooked a few things and made a few mistakes in my threat list. That's where you guys need to help me. It's completely fine with me if I have to really make some huge changes to this team as it really isn't working too well (either that, or I'm just playing really poorly).

Thanks for Reading,
XxBlueCleric.xX

I would go with the Scarf on Genosect. I feel like Life Orb + U-turn is going to wear down your health too quickly. Also, I feel like you should either run Ice Beam / Thunderbolt or Flamethrower / HP Ground for optimal coverage, not a mix of the two. This will help you revenge kill + check Skymin / Darkrai etc.

For LeadRachi, put your Atk EVs into defense. The extra bulk helps a lot. Ice Punch really isn't going to hit stuff that hard, while Iron Head + Fire Punch offers much better coverage and lets you hit Steels hard, so I'd suggest dropping Ice Punch for Fire Punch. Thunder Wave is uncommon on Jirachi, so not too many people will predict it and go to a ground-type.

For Kyuremu, I would run HP Fire over Dragon Pulse to hit Scizor / Genosect / Forry / etc.

Good luck!

PS: Oh and drop Balloon for Lefties on rachi.

Just some quick nitpicks, Psychic on Latios is terrible, use Psycho Shock or Hidden Power Fire.

Grass Knot on Landlos???? Don't. A STAB Earthquake will do more, especially since it has a Jolly Nature. Toxic or U-Turn would be more efficient, U-Turn lets you escape, but Toxic is better in the long run. Also, Stone Edge >>>> Rock Slide.

You might wanna give Genosect Timid, so it can outspeed other Genosect, or at worst tie with them. I would also go T-Bolt > U-Turn, even though Shandera is a bitch.

Lastly, I would say just give Jirachi 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP since its got a balloon anyway, and 100/100/100 defenses.

Considering most Genosect are scarfed he won't be outrunning them anyway. If you still want to be able to change moves and keep the speed than use Rock Polish with Flamethrower, Ice Beam and HP Ground. Rock Polish makes you even faster than Scarf and you can switch your moves.

Replace Grass Knor with HP Ice for other Landlos and Gliscor.

Psychic on Latios is fine considering all the Roopushin and Breloom. Blissey are far more uncommon and Psycho Shock is weaker anyway. But if anything should have a scarf on your team it's Latios. With natural 130 SpA and great 110 Spe it's the ultimate revenge killer. Give it Draco Meteor, Surf, HP Fire and Thunderbolt/Psychic.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here I go...

1) Latios- What the heck is recover doing on a latios ?? Its far too frail to use recover. Replace recover with Thunderbolt and psychic with HP fire. This will make latios a great water type switch as well as a nattorei counter.

2)Kyurem- Kyurem does nothing for your team. I personally would replace it with tyranitar. Tyranitar will help you set up sandstorm.(most of your team benifits from sandstorm anyways.... Terakion gets a 1.5 Sp Def boost, jirachi is immune to SS damage and so is landlos) The best Tyranitar set for your team would be a bulky one as you team would like some bulk on it.
3)Landlos-Complete overhaul of the set you posted. Change the ability to sand power.Change the moveset to Earthquake,Stone Edge, Sword Dance and U-turn.

I'll try out Scarf Genosect. I'll also remove Grass Knot on Landlos for U-Turn or HP Ice.

I'll probably change Latios to Latias then, because I expect it to serve as a switch-in to quite a few threats.

I need Kyurem because it can beat most bulky waters, which Tyranitar can't do.

Jirachi is my only hope against stuff like Kingdra. I'd actually prefer to put quite a bit of bulk on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)