SM PU b3

Squash

UTA Overlord

:carracosta::sableye::bronzor::cryogonal::silvally-fairy::primeape:
(click on the sprites for importable !!)

b3

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first RMT !!

I was looking for a cool core for this end of USUM PU, waiting for SS PU. So I decided to pick 2 of my current favorite mons of the tier : Carracosta and Cryogonal. Both are really cool and work perfectly in the same team.

:sm/carracosta:
MZD GANG (Carracosta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Carracosta is the set up sweeper of the team, thanks to shell smash + his adamant LO Aqua Jet, he is able to ohko most of the Scarf user of the tier. Stone Edge is a powerful STAB when it hits :bloblul:. Finally, ice beam allows to lure physical defensive grass type such as tangela or torterra. In addition to that, the abilities Solid Rock allows it to set up more easily, on effective moves. Thanks to his excellent physical bulk, he can set up against threat like Kangaskhan, Stoutland, Dodrio, Physical Skuntank, Sandslash-A.

:sm/cryogonal:
GG EZ (Cryogonal) @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Cryogonal hits effectively most of the teams thanks to Freeze Dry + Hidden Power Fire. Coupled with the Z Ice, he can nuke mons like the silvallys or AV users like Eelektross or Hitmonchan. It can also remove the entry hasards with Rapid Spin, and improve his staying power thanks to Recover. Offensive Cryogonal is really strong in the current metagame, because Jellicent and Torterra are spammed like never. It’s the best hasard removal for me, there is only 1 ghost type who can switch in to avoid the Rapid Spin (Lampent, a mon never played). Then, Cryogonal acts as Oricorio-E and Oricorio-G check. The Calm Mind Taunt set can win against Bronzor if I don’t get the max rolls, and the Z Move also help against boosted Oricorios.

:sm/silvally-fairy:
UTA PU CREW (Silvally-Fairy) @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-Turn

Silvally Fairy is my fighting type soft check, which are really annoying for my core. In fact, it can switch on the usually used fights, such as Gurdurr, Hitmonchan and Primeape without Gunk Shot. Its access to Sword Dance + Flame Charge allows it to become a huge threat. Multi Attack is his main STAB, and U-Turn gives momentum to the team, in goal to bring more safely Carracosta and Cryogonal on the ground. It is also my Dark resist, especially for Absol, Spiritomb, SD Shiftry, Liepard and Persian-A.

:sm/sableye:
FRENCH ARMY (Sableye) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- Recover

I needed a solide fight check, so I added a Sableye. I use Toxic over Will-O-Wisp, to win more easily against Stalls. In addition to that, I use Night Shade to do neutral damage to all the mons. Taunt is here to block the status moves that are pretty anoying to sableye such as toxic and to avoid getting rocks by my side. I use 24 in Speed to outspeed regular Eelektross and every Sableye without speed. It acts also as Poison Types check. Indeed, it is a switch in to Skuntank, Poison-Vally and Muk.

:sm/bronzor:
PUWC FOR 2020 (Bronzor) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 112 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Psywave
- Rest

Bronzor is the Ground, Grass, Fly, Rock and Fairy types hard check. Indeed, it walls Mudsdale, Torterra, Victreebel, Regirock, Lycanroc, Oricorio-E, Clefairy, etc.. it sets up the rocks, can use Toxic against defensive walls. It can also use Psywave, which is a powerful move which does random damage. Its access to Rest permits it to have some recovery. 8 Speed allows Bronzor to outspeed most of the Bronzor, 112 in SpD make him able to not be 3hko by +6 SpA Moonblast from Clefairy.

:sm/primeape:
LES ÉTOILES (Primeape) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Finally, the team was still very slow, so I added one of the best scarfer of the tier : Primeape. It brings momentum to the team with U-Turn, can revenge kill the set up sweepers such as Omastar, Lycanroc, Raichu-A... it also hits Poison Types such as Qwilfish which gives a boost in Atk thanks to Intimidate, Poison-Valy and Skuntank with Earthquake, and hits Fly/Ground types effectively with Ice Punch. (Oricorio-E and G, Torterra, Mudsdale...). It takes also the role of soft Dark resist, because it can switch on Persian-A.

Some replays :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1037142657-d8sk3fnd2pjf61zl6lp4hrtekaat3ympw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1037149205-jbmzoa1427q6qmkbw5zypo31b1w498dpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-1037152993-r5zd2i0ozvoar1hxbuiutsnq12z47bwpw

Huge thanks to zSpxdes for the test games !! :blobthumbsup:

Shoutouts :
zSpxdes Urusius Lambovino Horodro LaBalladeDesCieux LuluDzn Raurone Sciroccoo Wabane (tu joues jamais enculé mais t’es sur les étoiles) Alkione gum Hyero little maths PhantomHurious yandaud , les étoiles
yovan33321 Staxi de GG EZ
BIG S/O TO ALL THE MZD GANG !
Thanks to Mapplle my secret tutor... :blobglare: WAIT LOL
Thanks to zSpxdes tomhyoshi SFG Minougarou for helping me with the rereading !

Import > https://pokepast.es/1de07ff7f816802b <

Thanks for reading, I hope u have enjoy the team, wish u happy holidays and see u in SS PU ! :heart::heart: (hope ive not done too many mistakes :psynervous: )

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello Squash17,

First I should really say sorry for taking so long to get to this, I've been preoccupied with other things over the last few weeks. Your team is definitely not bad the only giant weakness I can see is Simisear, which is what I will try to remedy today, but honestly with any suggestions I give it will open up other weaknesses, as it is natural with teams like this. So either way, it is a fun team and I hope you enjoy my suggestions.

Pokemon Changes:

:silvally:(Fairy) --->:silvally:(Dragon)
:sm/silvally-fairy:
Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn
The same set as your original only trades Fairy for Dragon to have a switch into Fire Blast. Plays very similarly to Sword Dance Silvally-Fairy but trades what it checks. This is also a cool lure for Hitmonhan which can help Carracosta achieve a sweep. While this can not switch into Drampa's Draco Meteor it still checks it and can use it for momentum, this doesn't really change the fact that Drampa can get a kill every time it uses Draco Meteor, but with my suggestions, it can only really do that on one Pokemon, so I think your Drampa match-ups are winnable for sure.

:bronzor: ---> :Regirock:
:sm/regirock:
Regirock @ Chople Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Bronzor just seems really passive here and doesn't really help beat Oricorio-Sensu so I think it is worth trading out with Regirock as they check similar Pokemon, but this Regirock set actually has a decent offensive presence. You want Drain Punch to help with Alolan Sandslash and Kagaskhan, but only if you absolutely need it to as Kangaskhan is Pokemon Carracosta can set up on. you can obviously use standard Regirock here as well, I am just a fan of this set as it still checks stuff like Dodrio but hits noticeably harder.

:sableye: ---> :jellicent:
:sm/jellicent:
Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Jellicent is nice here because after the other suggestions you needed a Fighting-type and Alolan Sanslash switch in, so Jellicent just makes sense here. This set is cool for your team as it lures in Gastrodon and Ferroseed for your Carracosta. The speed is for adamant Aggron, which you struggle to switch into now as well. This should be played really aggressively in Gurdurr match ups as it is really your only way to reliably widdle it down to a point of being able to faint it, as I would say with the loss of Silvally-Fairy Gurdurr has been opened up drastically. This Jellicent supports Carracosta very well and I had fun using it while testing so its worth a try.

Team Changes <--- Click for importable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)