B101 Inactive Tutee Posts & Updates

Username: Galactikitty
PS! Username: Galactikitty
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: After 9pm on Monday/Wednesday; after 6pm every other weekday. Weekends generally open. Will vary with exams and homework, though! I'm a college senior in my last semester.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing on Showdown for more than a few years; I think I remember playing gen7 randbats, to give a timeframe. I've been getting more seriously into it in the past year or so due to watching YouTubers that have inspired me, and in general I want to get more into the Smogon community at this point, but that's an aside. I've been feeling a little stuck with laddering; I'll use others' teams because I know my teambuilding isn't very strong, but I must be struggling somewhere with actually playing and I'd like to talk through it with someone more experienced and see if I can be helped.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes! username thepurple
still interested! ^^
Format of Interest: SV OU
Original Signup Post Link: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/b101-inactive-tutee-posts-updates.3693027/post-9850921
Have I updated my Original Post? yep!
Returned 19 march 2024

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: Bahamut
PS! Username: Bahamut (usually find me in old shark room)
Signup Format: ORAS
Usual Hours of Availability: Almost Any. I have a lot of free time during the day currently.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: Well I can't say when i started playing mons but its been quite a few years now. I played gen 7 anything goes for a while off and on. eventually topped the ladder in that. I played a bit of gen 6 PH in the old shark room back when it was private a few years back and people such as Dramlamb and AVcosmoem were around. I eventually took a big break came back and saw there was a ladder for gen 6 PH. From there well my progression just kept going. I felt really happy the first time topping that ladder. After a long period of time now between building more teams topping the ladder a few more times and helping in a lot of the resources between analysis VR and being RO of Oldshark (with great help from NtoTheN and Mbouchon) I can't say my job is done with Gen 6 PH nor will it be entirely be but the meta has become bit more stale for myself personally. I have fooled around with a few other metas like gen 1 ou or played a random game of this or that from time to time but ORAS ou seems to be what I set my eyes on. There are so many metas to pick from but I just went with my gut and said hey Gen 6 seems more in my direction of style. I seriously want to get gud at this metagame and I actually want to develop skills a lot of the matchups and long-term positioning seem extremely hard for me.
DIscord: UmbralBahamut
Format of Interest: ORAS
Original Signup Post Link: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/b101-inactive-tutee-posts-updates.3693027/page-13#post-9660462
Have I updated my Original Post?: Yes

Last edited:
Username: tankmonx
PS! Username:
- Powermaple
- Tankmonx
- Starfoxfalco
Signup Format: Gen 4 and Gen 3 OU
Usual Hours of Availability:
- Friday all day
- Saturday all day
- Sunday all day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played for 6 years straight from summer 2014 (Gen 6) - 2020 (gen 7/early gen 8). Peaked 1500s in Gen 7 OU.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes
Format of Interest: Gen 3, and Gen 4 OU

Original Post Link: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/b101-inactive-tutee-posts-updates.3693027/post-9752207

I would still liked to get tutored, my availabilty has opened up alot. I’m free all day Monday - Sunday , EST Timezone.

Username: Doonboggle
PS! Username: Weese328
Signup Format: SV OU or SV UU
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: 3 PM to 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been trying competitive singles on and off since ORAS, and the higher tiers always pulled me in with how active they were. I've never got past 1200 on any ladder, even on older accounts, and I wish to improve. I've been struggling with SV's competitive singles scene more than I have with any previous gen, and I believe that I need to try and get into tutoring if I want to improve.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes. My user is iloveholes
Broooo are u DoonBoggle on pogo???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)