Awesome by Name

This is my second RMT which has detailed info. I made it as detailed as possible due to my first being banned for being very low detailed. So here we go:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Flash Fire
Modest nature (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Sp. Atk / 6 Sp. Def
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Hidden Power Ice
Stealth Rock

Heatran is an incredible offensive threat in this metagame, and can find time to come in on a variety of threats and scare them out. Fire Blast is Heatran's main STAB, plowing through things that don't resist it. Earth Power is for coverage, and allows Heatran to come in on other Heatran whose Balloons have been popped, and kill them. Hidden Power Ice allows it to kill Dragons. In the last slot, I've got Stealth Rock, which is probably the best move in the entire game, since it hurts every Pokemon that the opponent will switch in (except Magic Guard Pokemon) for some damage. Heatran can come in on the extremely common Ferrothorn to set this up, as well as a variety of other Pokemon that get scared away.

Now that we have Heatran, let's consider Pokemon that would do well with it. Heatran has a huge weakness to Water and Fighting moves, so a great partner would be Jellicent, immune to both of those types of attacks!

/

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold nature (+Defense, -Attack)
EVs: 248 HP/ 46 Spd / 216 Def
Scald
Recover
Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
Taunt

Jellicent is bulky defensive Pokemon. Scald is a good STAB with a 30% Burn ratio. Recover keeps Jellicent alive. Toxic will break down opposing specially defensive Pokemon, while Taunt stops the opponent from doing anything except direct attacking, which will help ensure Jellicent isn't Poisoned, and that the opponent can't recover. Will-O-Wisp, on the other hand, is a more safe way to ensure you Burn an opponent, cutting their Attack in half. The EVs outspeed Scizor to try to Burn it before it can hit you. For the sake of this example, I'm picking Will-O-Wisp.

Now we have two Pokemon, Heatran and Jellicent. We need a physically offensive Pokemon, or else special walls like Blissey will wall us forever. Dragonite has good synergy with both Heatran and Jellicent, taking Fighting and Ground attacks for the former, and absorbing Grass attacks for the latter.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multiscale
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch / Earthquake
Roost

Bulky Dragon Dance Dragonite is both an offensive and defensive force to be reckoned with. After a Dragon Dance, Dragonite can Roost off damage and begin wearing opposing Pokemon down. Dragon Claw is your main STAB move. Fire Punch hits Steel types like Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Air Balloon Magnezone, but leaves it helpless against the likes of Heatran. Earthquake hits Heatran, Terrakion, Tyranitar and some others harder than Dragon Claw would. Roost not only keeps Dragonite alive, but activates Multiscale at 100% health, which allows Dragonite to take 50% less damage from attacks when at 100% health. Since we have Heatran for Fire attacks, I'm picking Earthquake.

Heatran/Jellicent/Dragonite. This is a pretty solid core already. What I'd like to incorporate is a Choice Scarfed Pokemon. Choice Scarfed Pokemon serve an important function, not only to revenge kill an opponent after one of your Pokemon faints, but to kill Speed boosting Pokemon before they get too fast. For this, I love Terrakion, who is already naturally fast.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Justified
Jolly nature (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Close Combat
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Rock Slide

Terrakion can come in on things like Salamence and Dragonite with one Dragon Dance, outspeed them, and crush them with Stone Edge. Close Combat and Stone Edge are both excellent STAB moves that hit many, many Pokemon for absurd amounts of damage. X-Scissor is good for dealing with weakened Psychic types like Latias and Latios. Rock Slide is in the last slot for two reasons: It can more reliably kill weakened Pokemon that are weak to Rock, since Stone Edge has risky 80% accuracy. The second reason is that Terrakion has a pretty shallow movepool, so it can't really do much else.

Now we've got Heatran, Jellicent, Dragonite, Terrakion. I'd like another defensive Pokemon, because Jellicent can't handle everything itself. A Pokemon with good defensive synergy with Jellicent (and just about everything) is Ferrothorn, since Jellicent resists Fire and is immune to Fighting, while Ferrothorn can take Electric and Grass attacks aimed at Jellicent.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Impish nature (+Defense, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 170 Sp. Def
Spikes
Leech Seed
Protect / Thunder Wave
Power Whip

Ferrothorn is a team player if there ever was one. Spikes can stack up to three layers, which will chip a total of 25% off any opponents Pokemon that aren't Flying type, have Levitate and/or have Magic Guard. Leech Seed keeps Ferrothorn alive, sapping the opponent's health and returning it to Ferrothorn, and can be used to ease the switch to one of your own Pokemon. Protect allows you to scout what the opponent will do, and rack up more Leftovers and Leech Seed healing. Thunder Wave on the other hand will Paralyze anything the opponent brings in (barring Ground types), which can cripple common switches such as Heatran, Dragonite, etc. Power Whip is a strong STAB that can deal sufficient damage, should Ferrothorn find itself in a position where it has to do some damage.

Heatran, Jellicent, Dragonite, Terrakion, Ferrothorn. We've got one slot left, and we already have a very solid team built. What I'd like to add is a Pokemon that can serve as an offensive pivot.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP/ 8 Spd
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

U-Turn is the pivot move here, doing damage, and allowing us to immediately escape. Why is this useful? Because Scizor tends to cause a lot of switches, so you can hit whatever the opponent switches in with a powerful STAB U-Turn, and immediately escape to something that handles what they switched in better than Scizor does. Bullet Punch is our other STAB move, which is boost not only by STAB, but by Technician and Choice Band, making it the most powerful move we've got. It also has priority, meaning it'll hit the opponent before they can hit us. Superpower smashes things like Magnezone, Ferrothorn and Heatran switch-ins that expect Bullet Punch or U-Turn, OHKOing all of them. Pursuit traps Psychic types that flee in fear of U-Turn.

That's all thanks to all in advance who helps.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
This is probably in some ways the most standard BW OU team I've ever seen.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, although one wonders whether that means it deserves an RMT. I can appreciate you've justified your options on each pokemon; I understand why you have rock slide on terrakion, an alternative you could consider is earthquake, despite the minimal (some would say redundant) coverage it gives you; it hits super effectively tentacruel and toxicroak, as well as a lot of other things that might switch into terrakion. Overall it just gives you more options. Still, I can appreciate why rock slide is used.

Also, you have multiple move options on some sets and we don't get a sense of which one you chose and why. Why Will-O-Wisp over Toxic? Does Protect or T-Wave serve your team better? Plus, you tell us things most readers already know, but I read RMTs to see how a particular team gets around certain common Pokemon, how it carries out its win strategy, how it deals with major threats, and what makes it different/especially effective in this metagame.

ANYWAY, subjectively speaking, this team is solid, although a little vanilla. Most other teams will be prepared to face each Pokemon on your team and that in itself is a disadvantage. Just something to consider.

For me, Scarf Terrakion is a little underpowered. I would consider Scarf Garchomp as it still outspeeds plenty of threats after a boost and STAB Earthquake makes a ton of difference and also is a great coverage move. It can also carry Fire Blast to hit a common switch-in Skarmory (which can run circles around your sweepers) for big damage, whereas Terrakion cannot.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi there, nice team.

I like this team, it seems to be based around Bulky DD Dragonite & it has some very solid support in order to falciate a sweep, so kudos to you on building such an original team. However, I do find some flaws in your team that prevent it from being as successful as it should be, & my rate will cover all the flaws & hopefully improve your team, so let's get right into it. At a glance, your team is threatened heavily by Life Orb Breloom & All-Out Attacker Keldeo. The former can switch in on Jellicent, Terrakion locked into an undesirable move, & Ferrothorn, put them to sleep & then either set up a Swords Dance, or just start flat out attacking with a set of Mach Punch, Bullet Seed, & Low Sweep. Dragonite is your only real switch in to Breloom, but it will be crippled by Spore & Low Sweep, allowing something else to come in & KO it. Meanwhile, Keldeo just flat out 2HKOs your entire team after Stealth Rock. To help remedy both of these threats, I would like to recommend running a Special Defensive Celebi over your current Ferrothorn. Celebi would be a fantastic addition to your team by having phenomenal synergy with your entire team, & it can KO both Keldeo (HP Ghost isn't even a guaranteed 3HKO & not most run HP Bug) & Breloom, both of which I said are big threats to your current team. Moving on, I have some nitpicking I would like to do, so here goes. First off, I would definitely run Timid on Heatran over your Modest Nature. With a Timid Nature, Heatran is able to outrun Adamant Lucario, which can otherwise be a huge threat to your team should it get a free SD up. Next, I would like to suggest running a spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD on your Jellicent over your current spread. Jellicent needs all the bulk it needs in order to wall several common Physical Attackers that may threaten your team. That's all I have to say, pretty much. Hope I helped & good luck!

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn
-----------------------------------------> Special Defensive Celebi

Heatran
: Modest -> Timid

Jellicent
: 248 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd -> 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey,

As it has already been noted, your team is really standard-ly solid, so there isn't that much that needs to be fixed. You've got a good defensive core in Heatran / Jelli / Ferro and a good offensive core in Dnite / Scizor / Terakion. The main problem I see here is a weakness to Lando / Keld / TTar Sand, and maybe Breloom as well if it sets up in front of Ferrothorn or locked Terrakion. You might also have some issues getting past physically bulky walls like Hippowdon, Landorus-T, or Skarmory, because most of your offensive firepower is physical. Strong attackers with Fighting-type coverage that can also hit Jellicent hard (Alakazam, Gengar, etc) are also pretty problematic, and although Scizor can trap some of them, it's not very reliable at doing so.

Your team is really generic so there isn't a need to change the Pokemon themselves, but I would alter and tweak some of your movesets to help you handle those threats. First off, your Jellicent definitely needs some more Speed, just enough to be able to Taunt Skarmory. I'd run a spread of 248 HP / 164 Def / 84 Spe Bold in order to outspeed and Taunt minimum speed Skarmory. I'd also definitely use Wil-o-Wisp over Toxic in order to beat Ferrothorns after Taunt and cripple physical attacking opponents in general like Scizor or Tyranitar.

Since you're using Defensive Dragonite, I suggest you use Lum Berry instead of Leftovers, and Earthquake instead of Fire Punch (since you have the slash?) Lum lets you tank status if need be, and makes it more difficult for defensive Pokemon to stop you. (this also helps Dnite beat Sableye, which might be annoying as it can easily burn your team to a slow, weak death) You have Roost for recovery anyway, so Leftovers is not the best choice in this case.

Since Landorus and Alakazam and such are pretty big threats, running a Specially Defensive Jellicent set might be a good idea, but I'm not going to post it here because your team can play around those threats if need be (Scizor BPunch, ScarfTerrak revenge kill, etc) You could still try it, though, if you want to.

Generic changes for a generic team. May not be much but I hope this helped anyway. Good luck!

Guys thanks a lot, but you should read the description, I have chosen Will~O~Wisp over Toxic and Earthquake over Fire Punch as I got Heatran for fire moves. Thanks for the help to all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)