Assurance glitch

When I switched my Rotom-A into someones Donphan to block rapid spin, its Assurance hit me for less than 30%. I thought maybe they were running a more defensive set than the standard but then the same thing happened to me. Stealth Rock was up both times and neither were burned. Sorry I didnt think to save the log.

Adamant Donphan with 188 atk evs in theory does 52-61.8% to a standard Max HP 168 def Rotom-A so if it is glitched I hope its not too much of a bother to fix or put in Shoddy 2 and thanks for your time.

Edit- On a completely unrelated note my Gyarados just bounced up 3 turns straight while still taking damage from a slowbros ice beam. I didnt think it was worth another thread because its probably already out there somewhere anyway and its happened to me plenty before.

It's not a glitch. Assurance hits Rotom-A for 52-61.8% damage AFTER taking damage the same turn, which doubles the BP of assurance from 50 to 100.

The thing is, his Rotom has just switched in and took Stealth Rock damage which counts for Assurance, therefore it was 100 power.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT:doh But if the foe switches into Stealth Rock on the turn they get hit by Assurance, it counts as them being 'damaged beforehand' and so Assurance should be hitting for 100 BP and doing the stated damages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)