Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

Is there anywhere to check EV values for speed/hp/whatever to make sure that I can invest the right amount to outspeed other pokes/survive certain hits? I can obviously do calcs on them, but its a lot of work calcing the speed etc of my mons against the rest of the metagame whenever I mess with my team.

Thanks in advance.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Is there anywhere to check EV values for speed/hp/whatever to make sure that I can invest the right amount to outspeed other pokes/survive certain hits? I can obviously do calcs on them, but its a lot of work calcing the speed etc of my mons against the rest of the metagame whenever I mess with my team.

Thanks in advance.
Speed tiers are here (I think they're up to date), but I'm not sure where you can find the other thing. Maybe the "All vs. One" function on Honkalculator can help?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Uhhhh... sorry for double posting, but this is a separate topic and the post above was a response to an earlier question, so I thought it'd be okay to do this.

Could we hold a Top 10 Titans thread in the Ubers subforum? It seems pretty popular in the other metagames, and I think it'd help bring some more activity (possibly). It could be interesting, and it shows how Pokemon shape / influence the metagame rather than how viable they are. However, some issues include the power / centralization of the metagame, as the thread may be predictable, and lack of Pokemon for submissions. Could this work though?

re speed tiers: The slowest you want any mon in ubers to be is 90 around the base speed benchmark. There's a lot of defensive mons that don't invest that you'll want to creep and many that go 252 but neutral nature that are good for creeping, too. (there are some positive nature ones but that's pretty much just speed creep itself) Afterwords, outspeeding Timid Palkia is the next biggest benchmark as that thing can gobble up a lot of teams if you give it enough free turns (although if you have grassy or chansey you can be a bit more lax on this). Last major benchmark is max speed, positive nature Arceus. These guys are really bulky so getting to hit them before they Recover makes it harder for them to check you. These are just the major benchmarks, there are going to be other mons that you might want to creep but aren't as important.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Uhhhh... sorry for double posting, but this is a separate topic and the post above was a response to an earlier question, so I thought it'd be okay to do this.

Could we hold a Top 10 Titans thread in the Ubers subforum? It seems pretty popular in the other metagames, and I think it'd help bring some more activity (possibly). It could be interesting, and it shows how Pokemon shape / influence the metagame rather than how viable they are. However, some issues include the power / centralization of the metagame, as the thread may be predictable, and lack of Pokemon for submissions. Could this work though?
1. Arceus
2. Kyogre
3. Groudon
4. Genesect
5-10 idgaf

You're welcome

Haruno

Technically, Kyogre should be #1. That goes without speaking. Arceus would be #2. Groudon would be third. However, the rest can be somewhat debatable.
Arceus as a whole wins as the most influential uber by miles.. Unless of course we want to devote several of the top ten spots to arceus for each of its respective forms but that's very counterproductive.

Arceus as a whole wins as the most influential uber by miles.. Unless of course we want to devote several of the top ten spots to arceus for each of its respective forms but that's very counterproductive.
Arceus doesn't make a huge amount of the pokes in the tier suddenly good or bad.

Arceus doesn't fire off insanely powerful Water Spouts.

Arceus doesn't hold responsibility for the insane weather wars of Ubers.

Arceus doesn't hit number #1 in the Ubers Stats consistantly with a single form.

Arceus doesn't have the ability to boast being uncounterable (Specs Kyogre wrecks any switch-in with BoltBeam coverage.)

Arceus obviously has several advantages over Kyogre as well, but in the end, Kyogre is way, WAY, WAY more influential and powerful than Arceus will ever be.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Arceus doesn't make a huge amount of the pokes in the tier suddenly good or bad.

Arceus doesn't hit number #1 in the Ubers Stats consistantly with a single form.

Arceus doesn't have the ability to boast being uncounterable (Specs Kyogre wrecks any switch-in with BoltBeam coverage.)

Arceus obviously has several advantages over Kyogre as well, but in the end, Kyogre is way, WAY, WAY more influential and powerful than Arceus will ever be.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kyogre-revamp-qc-2-3.3483775/#post-4762935

I direct you to read Lance's (Demon Lord Ghirahim's) post on the Q/C revamp on Kyogre. If you still think Kyogre is better than Arceus after reading that, then you have some issues I think.

Haruno

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kyogre-revamp-qc-2-3.3483775/#post-4762935

Lance pretty much summed everything I can say. Also counting arceus as different forms would only make sense if team preview revealed arceus type, but it doesn't sooooooooooooooo.

edit: fucking ninja cats.

You act like that's any reason to use Gastrodon, Latias can do that and more while not being complete setup bait. If the opponent doesn't have a Kyogre it also ende up as a waste of space instead of a waste of space 99% of the time.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
You act like that's any reason to use Gastrodon, Latias can do that and more while not being complete setup bait. If the opponent doesn't have a Kyogre it also ende up as a waste of space instead of a waste of space 99% of the time.
Gastrodon is a viable Pokemon, if only with a rather specific niche. Even in the absence of Kyogre it adds nice defensive synergy, and it handles Palkia (something which very little can avoid being 2HKO'd by) relatively well. And no, Latias cannot do the same. Latias is forced into a difficult position the moment it switches into a Specs Ice Beam. It cannot outheal the damage, forcing it to attack in order to have checked Kyogre. However, if it attacks and the opponent can switch something that can outspeed it and finish it off into whatever attack it uses, the Kyogre check is now lost (Latias can switch out, but can now no longer switch into Kyogre's Water Spout, or maybe even its Surf in the case of offensive sets). It can predict a switch and Recover, but then loses if Kyogre stays in to Ice Beam again. Gastrodon switches into Kyogre with impunity, not to mention forcing its user to only use Ice Beam for fear of handing out free turns.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
You might want to check your calcs again, use the normal for a specially defensive Latias, 252 HP 160 Special Defense Calm
I'm not sure why you would use Latias' worst set just for Kyogre. And this set works far worse in Sand than Gastrodon does (which is really the only playstyle where Gastrodon gets used).

Why does that matter? I never said I used that just to counter Kyogre. Also what do you mean by "Latias's worst set?" Because if you really mean that you expect people to consider using Smogon sets when they could actually use something for their team rather then what someone else decides is "standard" you have a problem. Also that set was part of a defensive core of Latias and Arceus Steel I used in an old team.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why does that matter? I never said I used that just to counter Kyogre. Also what do you mean by "Latias's worst set?" Because if you really mean that you expect people to consider using Smogon sets when they could actually use something for their team rather then what someone else decides is "standard" you have a problem. Also that set was part of a defensive core of Latias and Arceus Steel I used in an old team.
I mean that something with potential for a great combination of speed, power and bulk becomes nothing but a special wall (which Chansey arguably does better bar Specs Kyogre).

If we go outside of Smogon's sets, there are players (very capable ones, too) that use Timid Specs Kyogre, which gives your Latias problems because it outspeeds it.

I was only using that as an example. I only used it on one team maybe 5 months ago. The point of my arguement was Gastrodon is bad i. everything it does, here and in OU

Haruno

I was only using that as an example. I only used it on one team maybe 5 months ago. The point of my arguement was Gastrodon is bad i. everything it does, here and in OU
It hard walls kyogre. It's pretty sad how you go from KYOGRE HAS NO COUNTERS to kyogres counters suck. Stop being so two faced.

On topic what would be good for a antilead mewtwo?

Edit: gtfo ninja antilead shit is op

Last edited:
Can somebody give me a good pivot for a hyper offensive team? I have Deoxys-S, Groudon, Kyogre, Palkia, and Arceus, none of which are bulky. I know it's hyper offensive, but I realized I was constantly sacrificing things to a bad switch.

Replace EKiller with max HP Arceus-Ghost. The CM set is a little weak when you run max HP sometimes and status cripples you as badly as it does with max special attack, but it is still a great set if you want defensive backbone and a win condition (especially since it can spinblock). Support Ghostceus with WoW is also good.

Replace EKiller with max HP Arceus-Ghost. The CM set is a little weak when you run max HP sometimes and status cripples you as badly as it does with max special attack, but it is still a great set if you want defensive backbone and a win condition (especially since it can spinblock). Support Ghostceus with WoW is also good.
>CM set
>Weak

pick 1

>CM set
>Weak

pick 1
252 HP is weak before it accumulates a couple boosts :|. Can't 2HKO Ho-Oh even with SR. Maxed out special attack CM Ghostceus hits hard right off the bat but isn't the glue he is looking for. Reread daHsu's post again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)