Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - UU Edition

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
What are the mechanics of outrage vs protect? if i send in umbreon against a Flygon that has been Outraging for one turn already and I use Protect to get leftovers should the Flygon still be locked in on Outrage/confused on the third turn? Or should Outrage stop without confusion the next turn?

thank you both below for answering i think metric has it right though now because that would match the scenarios that have happened with me before

Last edited:
I'm curious why is sand stream banned in UU but hail Is still allowed and is resisted by far less also the pokemon who can use hail have just as many ways to abuse and harass with as sandstorm users do? Only noteable problem would be the spdef boost to particular pokemon.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm curious why is sand stream banned in UU but hail Is still allowed and is resisted by far less also the pokemon who can use hail have just as many ways to abuse and harass with as sandstorm users do? Only noteable problem would be the spdef boost to particular pokemon.
Hail is seriously countered by the metagame. Fire- and Fighting-types are 2 out the 3 best offensive types in the meta and we have terrible spinners to save Hail mons from Stealth Rock. Sand on the other hand automatically builds a strong team that generally does well vs the metagame, Rhyperior alone checks Fire- and Electric-types (Electric is another great attacking type) and gets a fantastic sp def boost. Furthermore, the only way to abuse Hail is Blizzard (Raikou gets Weather Ball which is similar) and Walrein, while sand gets the great sp def boost and now two great sweepers, Sandslash and Stoutland. However, we will test sand again if time in BW allows.

Ace Emerald

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone run enough speed on Crobat (Stall Breaker) to outspeed Weavile?
In my opinion its not at all worth it. Crobat's draw is that its reasonably bulky (a bulk based mostly in typing, but still dependent on evs), strong, and fast. Its not worth it to take away from either its strength or bulk to get one Pokemon that it can't even switch into (all out attacker 2HKOs and SD OHKOs with Ice Shard) when you consider that it can't even OHKO Weavile with the standard Attack investment. Sure it could situationally save your ass, but that's so situational and takes away from its general utility.

What is your guys' opinion on Modest Nidoking? I have been using it as a wallbreaker for pretty good results actually. Plus is can function as a last ditch heracross check (Not variants with eq) and hit something hard as hell as they switch in. I dunno tho most of the time if it wasnt hitting slow pokemon it was walled by Umbreon or snorax. I use modest because its power gives me a reason to use it over nidoqueen. I'm sort of half and half on wether its worth using atm.

What is your guys' opinion on Modest Nidoking? I have been using it as a wallbreaker for pretty good results actually. Plus is can function as a last ditch heracross check (Not variants with eq) and hit something hard as hell as they switch in. I dunno tho most of the time if it wasnt hitting slow pokemon it was walled by Umbreon or snorax. I use modest because its power gives me a reason to use it over nidoqueen. I'm sort of half and half on wether its worth using atm.
I tried to use it once with a Tailwind team. The plan was to set up tailwind with Tornadus and then let hell loose with a +2 Spe Modest Nidoking. Frankly, that didn't really work out too well because 1) vs stuff like Flygon you have to always predict perfectly and 2) there are still things that can take one hit and OHKO back (swampert) or just take multiple (Snorlax / Umbreon).
In the end, modest Nidoking wasn't really worth it, because I wouldn't outspeed things like jolly chandelure or modest P-Z, which made me rely on Tornadus way too much.

Ok. Can I get an exact time for the suspecttests please? Also is there a thread saying that(also someone pls give me a team :) pls loljk)

Would Agility Zapdos be better with HP Grass or HP Ice? I know HP Grass seems to be more common on the LO Offensive sets; however, because Zapdos would be used as a late game sweeper, would HP Ice do AgiliDos better?

Would Agility Zapdos be better with HP Grass or HP Ice? I know HP Grass seems to be more common on the LO Offensive sets; however, because Zapdos would be used as a late game sweeper, would HP Ice do AgiliDos better?
Imo swampert and rhyperior are more early-game pokemon; pokemon like flygon are a lot more relevant lategame, hence I'd say HP ice. If i'm wrong anyone, feel free to correct me :3

I tried to use it once with a Tailwind team. The plan was to set up tailwind with Tornadus and then let hell loose with a +2 Spe Modest Nidoking. Frankly, that didn't really work out too well because 1) vs stuff like Flygon you have to always predict perfectly and 2) there are still things that can take one hit and OHKO back (swampert) or just take multiple (Snorlax / Umbreon).
In the end, modest Nidoking wasn't really worth it, because I wouldn't outspeed things like jolly chandelure or modest P-Z, which made me rely on Tornadus way too much.
Completely unrelated, but lol at bolded part.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would say HP Ice just because Electric/Grass is suckier coverage- Plus, while Swampert and Rhyperior are complete pains, in general they should be gone before bringing Zap in.

Do you think when Sheer Force Feraligatr is released it will be viable in UU ?

Sheer Force and Dragon Dance will most likely not be compatible with each other due to issues with breeding so Feraligatr would have a lot less options. It could run a powerful wallbreaking set with Swords Dance and Sheer Force but base 78 speed is pretty disappointing.

What, no Dragon Dance + Sheer Force ? That sucks. Maybe Agility then ? As Sheer Force + Life Orb + 105 Atk boosted by Adamante nature is already quite powerful...

Ace Emerald

What, no Dragon Dance + Sheer Force ? That sucks. Maybe Agility then ? As Sheer Force + Life Orb + 105 Atk boosted by Adamante nature is already quite powerful...
The only problem is that UU is pretty bulky so it'd have to have lots of stuff weakened to sweep without any boosts. It doesn't even OHKO Shaymin without an Attack boost.

You can still run the dragon dance set and name it gatr time. The name alone should mean it's viable. Seriously though feraligatr is a threat with dragon dance. It's been used in competition in OU for a reason.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
I've heard about an empoleon set that is 156 HP / 252 Satk / 4 SpDef / 96 Spe with the movset SR/Hpump/Grass Knot/Ice Beam. My question is, what is it used for and how can you use it effectively?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)