Resource Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: NU Edition

If you're thinking of making a topic that can be answered with one post, please post it here instead. New threads should be for discussion!

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:

1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.

2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.

3. At least do a simple google search before asking the question here.

4. This is already in the Smogon rules, but I will reiterate again do not discuss ROMs or other illegal things.

5. Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.

Frequently Asked Questions
What does [move / item / ability] do?

Check the links in this topic before asking: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/base-stats-move-data-egg-moves-and-dream-world-abilities.78983/ (outdated, getting to fixing this)
Also read the first post here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-mechanics-research.3489239/

Is there going to be a suspect test?
We hold suspect tests on a need-basis. If you feel something is in need of being suspected, feel free to post about it in the current np: thread.

What Pokemon are NU?
A list of legal Pokemon in NU can be found here.

What is banned from NU?
You can see everything we've banned from NU here.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
How can I get started in NU? I like the lower tiers so this looks like fun. :)

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
FIRST
What are some good Pokemon in the current tier?
I mean archetypes or just single pokemon.
We have lots of good offensive Pokemon (stall is almost impossible js). Archeops, Feraligatr, Zangoose, Pyroar, Barbaracle, Sceptile, etc are just a few threats we have. Personally I find Spikes stacking with Accelgor/Qwilfish + pivot + wallbreaker + sweeper quite a good structure to have. I also like Sticky Web with Leavanny in our tier. Go read the np thread cos there are a number of threats explained there

is this the best tier ever
stupid question obviously yes

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Also is there a list of the pokes in the tier? I know the Sigilyph suspect page has RU stats for May, but if there is a pastebin list or something to reference that would be helpful

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
^^^ yeah, but it doesn't have everything, like crustle or mightyena for instance. Still good pokes to use even if they didnt make ru cutoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)