Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Monotype Edition

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Not sure if this is sarcastic but in Monotype Pokemons can only use the Teratype of the type of the team.
FE: Bisharp used in a Mono Dark team can only run a dark Tera
It’s not sarcastic. What do you mean by “can only run a dark Tera”? Is it an item Bisharp needs to hold or a move it needs to learn?

It’s not sarcastic. What do you mean by “can only run a dark Tera”? Is it an item Bisharp needs to hold or a move it needs to learn?
In order to be able to use Tera the mon has to have "Tera Blast" in its moveset (it doesn't need to use it to activate Tera tho) and you choose the type in the "info" section on the builder:
1668791078131.png

Tera Blast is physical/special based on your highest Attack, while as I said before the Tera Type can only be the same as the type of the team
Also note that you can only activate the Tera-effect once per battle (altho u can have more mons with Tera Blast, just as with Megas)

Is there any plans to test terastallization in any other way then it's currently implemented? For example: Pokémon can terastalize to other types than the teams type, maybe just to it's secondary type, Pokémon of other types can be used but have to be terastalized to the teams main type on their first turn in etc.
I think the latter option would match how the gyms are in game
but it might be too centralising for certain Mons and might be considered to destroy the purity of monotype.

Is there any plans to test terastallization in any other way then it's currently implemented? For example: Pokémon can terastalize to other types than the teams type, maybe just to it's secondary type, Pokémon of other types can be used but have to be terastalized to the teams main type on their first turn in etc.
I think the latter option would match how the gyms are in game
but it might be too centralising for certain Mons and might be considered to destroy the purity of monotype.
I am not a council member or anything but the Current idea is that the Pokemon keeps its type and isn't able to change it cause if for example it uses the tera on its second type, the team won't be a "monotype" anymore, and seeing that this works as with Megas that changed types to a different type of the original mono team, i don't think they will test / allow anything like that

Does anyone see Dachsbun being a good pokemon in fairy monotype teams? What tier does it seem like its going to be in?
Personally I don't think it will found many space in Fairy teams. Altho there aren't many Fairy mons to use, Dachsbun doesn't add much. It doesn't have a reliable coverage (healing moves got nerfed but still) and it isn't able to boost itself, it has mid stats and nothing really special while it has a decent movepool with decent coverage but with 80 base Atk it's kinda useless. The only niche can be the Fire immunity but I wouldn't say this makes it really viable. I think it will probably be like PU.

For next questions i'd suggest to use the new thread for Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Personally I don't think it will found many space in Fairy teams. Altho there aren't many Fairy mons to use, Dachsbun doesn't add much. It doesn't have a reliable coverage (healing moves got nerfed but still) and it isn't able to boost itself, it has mid stats and nothing really special while it has a decent movepool with decent coverage but with 80 base Atk it's kinda useless. The only niche can be the Fire immunity but I wouldn't say this makes it really viable. I think it will probably be like PU.

For next questions i'd suggest to use the new thread for Simple Questions and Simple Answers
Thank you!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)