Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Occasionally while battling, I'll select an action, and the button will go faded, but my timer will still be counting down. It's not a problem with my internet connection because I cans till access websites and stuff, and my router is right next to the computer and the light for "connected" is permanently on.. any idea what is happening?

i've always hated smogon forums because they're slower than 3-legged molasses and everybody's so anal about the rules. i don't get why more people are still asking for help when all the requests are just piling up. i quit.

I'm kinda new so this might be stupid, but I can't get extremespeed on dragonite, and smogon said new sets are up or something, so what do you do for that kind of stuff?

When I enter a battle either none of my moves/pokemon show up, or ill get like 1 click box in switch and attacks thats off to the side and cant do anything in the battle so just have to leave. this is what happens to show it not just say it:

Ive updated my java and tried multiple times just getting off shoddy and getting back on and rebattling to test this, but this happens every time sometimes its just blank instead of the 1 click spot and the words. anyways to fix this?

I also did look at the sticky for changing the java and i did change it to 6 AND 4 so that it would work but both times i did it said the application couldnt be opened

I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere, but what server would I connect to to play VGC styled games (4 Pokemon, double battle)? Is there even a way to make a party with only 4 Pokemon? Does anybody actually play like this on Shoddy?

I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere, but what server would I connect to to play VGC styled games (4 Pokemon, double battle)? Is there even a way to make a party with only 4 Pokemon? Does anybody actually play like this on Shoddy?
You can't do double battles on shoddy, though it's something that is going to be in shoddy battle 2

When I enter a battle either none of my moves/pokemon show up, or ill get like 1 click box in switch and attacks thats off to the side and cant do anything in the battle so just have to leave. this is what happens to show it not just say it:
This happens to me too, I woyld be eternally gratful to the person that answers why, and tells me how to fix it.

@pkmn-taicho123

Open up Java in System Prefs, and drag the Java SE 6 (64 Bits) to the top, and make sure its highlighted. Then just reboot shoddy

@XEELT Same instructions as above.

@pkmn-taicho321 - Click your Apple Button, and then go to system preferences. Find java (I don't use OSX so I'm not 100% sure, look around), and drag Java 6 SE 64-Bit to the top, and make sure its highlited.

umm since duck responded @duck i did that and it still didnt work i even unclicked the boxes for 5 32 bit and 64 bit so the 5's wouldnt work anymore and then shoddy wouldnt even open.

Edit:

Whenever I download Shoddy it downloads it as some sort of script (Like a .jnpl or something close), and it just...Shows up as a script...I can't use it...How do I fix it? (To note when I did have it working a while back I had the same problem as XEELT)

Whenever I download Shoddy it downloads it as some sort of script (Like a .jnpl or something close), and it just...Shows up as a script...I can't use it...How do I fix it? (To note when I did have it working a while back I had the same problem as XEELT)
You need Java Webstart.

so wait @pkmn taicho. i just need to get java webstart? even though im guessing i have it because i one of the most recent macbook pros... but whatever is there anyway to download it?

still doesnt open. actually application doesnt even run then. 4 makes it not work 6 makes it not open 5 doesnt allow battle.

@XEELT - All I can suggest now is that you try a trial of VMware fusion. Download from www.vmware.com, and install it. Download/torrent(illegal downloading) a copy of windows, and install it on the virtual machine. Install java and use shoddy on the virtual machine.

This is basically the ultimate solution, which almost all things work with it.

Banned

I believe my account was unfairly banned for 1 day. It did not tell me what i was banned for and it could have been one of two things.

1. i was in an underused match and my opponent was using legendaries. He spent the whole time bragging about how he feels dirty. He ran through my whole team so i told him i will just stop playing (it was a timed match) just to make it take longer for him to win. He said he would get me banned and like 5 seconds later i was.

2. in the chat i was asking questions about the rules like why you cannot change the subject in the chat.

I don't know which one got me banned but i don't feel either was worth a 24 hour ban. In the first one, he was the one cheating, and the second one i was kind of questioning the rules but not breaking them, i was just wondering why it was so strict. So what do I do? Where or who should I take this up with?

Hmmm, thats not the place to ask questions like this. You should PM a shoddy battle mod.
Welcome to smogon! (and using legendaries in UU are not cheating unless it was uber or a zapdos, if it's allowed on the ladder, it's legal)

I just want to ask what's the exact month/date SB will come out.
I have troubles with my wifi doubles pokemons and I want to try them in sb2.

Or can anyone suggest me a double battle simulator other than sb?

and I believe bulbapedia has some errors regarding the release of sb2 because it says there that sb2 was released late part of 2009 which is already over since sb2 isn't released yet as far as I know.

The release date is as yet unknown, sorry.

KJDrag1: The ban may well have expired since then, since mods often only ban for 24 hours, but stalling the timer etc. is not allowed. Legendaries are allowed in UU unless they are BL, OU, or Über (you can see the ban lists here). Anything in NU or UU is allowed in UU; you can read more about tiering in this article. In future, if you would like to appeal a ban, please post a thread in this forum after checking the mandatory-reading stickies.

I just want to ask what's the exact month/date SB will come out.
I have troubles with my wifi doubles pokemons and I want to try them in sb2.

Or can anyone suggest me a double battle simulator other than sb?

and I believe bulbapedia has some errors regarding the release of sb2 because it says there that sb2 was released late part of 2009 which is already over since sb2 isn't released yet as far as I know.
The newest version of the Pokémon Online Beta has double battles, and while it may still have a little bit of mistakes in the double battle mechanics, I've had no problems with it so far.

You can download it here. Just click "Windows" below where it says "Client". ;)

I'm brand new to Shoddybattle (got it like 20 minutes ago) and I'm curious as to if it could be done, how I would put my two teams against eachother to see which would win. I kind of want to do it like the t.v. show 'Deadliest Warrior' just fighting my two teams against eachother until I find which I like better. Oh and is there a way to set it up for double battles and limit it to only 4 Pokemon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)