Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

EV

Banned deucer.
On Smogon's article about Magic Guard it says the Pokemon can become paralyzed, suffers the speed drop but cannot be fully paralyzed. I've used Magic Guard Clefable in battles and become fully paralyzed numerous times. Has this been brought to attention?
Thx

JJames19119 - You cannot edit the Binary Files, that would damage the metagame. You can create a patch but it will be hard to convert the HG/SS Movesets to patch form.

JJames19119 - You cannot edit the Binary Files, that would damage the metagame. You can create a patch but it will be hard to convert the HG/SS Movesets to patch form.
I should've figured as much. I suppose there's absolutely no way to remove Pokemon from the Metagame then?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Is there a way for Arcanine to have Morning Sun?I cant seem to be able to, is there an updated version?
When building your team, you need to be logged into the server that allows HGSS moves (i.e. Smogon or TU).

Skymin_flower -- Something might be missing from the patch. Its not a glitch, they just forgot to add it. Or had an error converting it.

Why does nobody answer the questions in the "Troubles running Shoddy battle"-thread. If no-one is gonna answer those questions there, the thread is pointless. I left my question about 2 months ago, and it's still yet to answer.

Koipen - Do you have an old computer (older then 3 years) ? Because most likely it cannot run 64-Bit versions of java, and that will not work. Shoddy needs 64-Bit java.

I can open Shoddy and go the Team Builder, but when I go to "Edit Team" and select the team I built in Smogon's team builder, nothing comes up.

I don't know for sure if this question has been asked, but, here it is.

Can Shoddy Battle work on a computer using Windows 7?

If so, my friend is having difficulties with the program. It seems to keep on asking him to download Java when he already has the up-to-date version.

Thoughts?

TreadFox - Shoddy runs just fine on Windows 7. I ran Windows 7 Ultimate, and Home Premium. If anything it's specificly his computer/network, not the operating system.

Shoddy worked on our 8 year old dell, but it won't work in my "new" iMac Core 2 Duo. Is the problem in software or in hardware, and is it fixable with little funds?

Well, the thing is that the move Gravity has missed twice. The first time was used by Forretress, and I can't remember very well the scenario, but the second time, I was up against a Bounce user, and when it was "up in the air" I used Gravity, it failed, and Bounce kept going as if nothing happened.

That's not the way the move should work.

Three questions:
1. I can't find extreme speed for my dragonite to use.. am i missing something?

2. How does the sleep clause work? If one pokemon falls asleep from sleep powder, and then i switch, will the sleep powder continually miss then cause of the clause or does it have no actual programmable effect?

3. When my dragonite uses outrage, it says i can't switch... I'm guessing I don't understand how outrage works, and if that's the case, when can i switch?

thank you in advance!

Three questions:
1. I can't find extreme speed for my dragonite to use.. am i missing something?

2. How does the sleep clause work? If one pokemon falls asleep from sleep powder, and then i switch, will the sleep powder continually miss then cause of the clause or does it have no actual programmable effect?

3. When my dragonite uses outrage, it says i can't switch... I'm guessing I don't understand how outrage works, and if that's the case, when can i switch?

thank you in advance!
1. Are you sure your looking good enough? Try closing team builder and re opening, Or re download shoddy battle.

2: And once one of your pokemon or opponent pokemon is asleep. Your other pokemon can not be put asleep by your opponent.

Example. my opponent uses spore on my gyarados. i switch they use it again. It will fail cause one of my pokemon is already asleep.

3: With move outrage it makes your pokemon trap for 3 turns using the move outrage once the 3 turns are up you will be confused. But you will be able switch.

''Locks the user into this move for 2-3 turns. Confuses the user at the end''

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/outrage

1. Are you sure your looking good enough? Try closing team builder and re opening, Or re download shoddy battle.

2: And once one of your pokemon or opponent pokemon is asleep. Your other pokemon can not be put asleep by your opponent.

Example. my opponent uses spore on my gyarados. i switch they use it again. It will fail cause one of my pokemon is already asleep.

3: With move outrage it makes your pokemon trap for 3 turns using the move outrage once the 3 turns are up you will be confused. But you will be able switch.

''Locks the user into this move for 2-3 turns. Confuses the user at the end''

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/outrage
ok.. thanks! i read that about outrage, but i wasnt sure what locked meant exactly.. and ill try redownloading shoddy cause extreme speed definitely isnt there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)