Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

How does trick room work?

Yes, I know that the slower pokemon go first. But do the Swift Swim and Chlorophyll activators get slower? I think that is the case since Agility users get slower.

And does Gyro Ball get Weaker due to the speed change?

Thanks.

All Speed stats stay the same (as does Gyro Ball's power); if a Pokémon's Speed is increased by an ability, it stays increased. The only difference is that instead of the Pokémon with the highest Speed going first, the Pokémon with the lowest Speed goes first. So yes, Chlorophyll and Swift Swim would be a liability under Trick Room, though they don't technically make the Pokémon 'slower'.

Masuda Method question.

Would I be better off trading a Japanese Ditto from my Platinum to my PAL Diamond and breeding? or using a English Ditto on my Japanese Platinum with a PAL Pokemon?

P.S I don't RNG so please don't suggest it instead. :)

Also is it better to keep the game on until the shiny comes or can I save turn off and start the next day etc?
As far as I know, Masuda Method obeseletes with nature passing, so Ditto may not be something you would care so much. Although, for compatibility reasons, you are better off breeding in the Language preferred (or the card game you liked). I have heard that a Chansey is transferred to a japanese game, evolved, and name stays as Chansey.

how come now on alot of the pokemon analysis pages on smogon it tells pokemon who run the standard 252/252 spread to put the last 4 ev's into SpDef?

how come now on alot of the pokemon analysis pages on smogon it tells pokemon who run the standard 252/252 spread to put the last 4 ev's into SpDef?
I'm guessing those Pokémon already have odd HP and the remaning 4 ev is to dump elsewhere.

Can my female Lucario with Blaze Kick pass the move onto the baby?

How Lucario gets Magic Coat?

How exactly a Lucario has Magic Coat.

A lot of sites say that Lucario can learn Magic Coat by Heart Gold Tutor, but that is not true, none of the tutors in the game offer Magic Coat to Lucario.

Even Smogon say that Lucario learns it. Whats going on? Is a weird joke or what?

I had been looking for answer for so long.

Thanks for the attention. I really hope reply.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll post this again.

I know scarfgar out speeds flygon's and has more S atk is that all? Is that the only reason to use scarfgar over scarfrotom?
Aside from what you've mentioned, there's always the surprise factor, since Scarf Rotom is quite popular whereas everyone expects Gengar to Subpainsplit. Isn't 3 reasons enough for you?

Aside from what you've mentioned, there's always the surprise factor, since Scarf Rotom is quite popular whereas everyone expects Gengar to Subpainsplit. Isn't 3 reasons enough for you?
It is, but I am fighting over a team slot with Gengar and Rotom and I need as much pros as possible since I can't decide which one to use atm.

well, before the Mence ban, the only time I would consider using ScarfGar was to outrun and KO +1 Mence. Now that Mence is gone, I don't really see any other uses other than Focus Blast scaring off Tar and as you said, outrunning Flygon.
I see. You could use HP Fighting on rotom can't you? Wouldn't it make rotom better at the end?

Okay, now I really want to run the SubPainSplit set on my Gengar, but.....how exactly does Pain Split work? I've read that it adds both Pokemon's HP and then divides it by 2? I'm really confused.

Okay, now I really want to run the SubPainSplit set on my Gengar, but.....how exactly does Pain Split work? I've read that it adds both Pokemon's HP and then divides it by 2? I'm really confused.
What happens is it takes the current HP of both the user and the target, adds them together, and divides it by 2. It then distributes the resulting amount to both the user in the target.

For example, if you use it while you have 100 HP against an opponent with 200 HP, it will add the two together, get 300 then divide by 2 for 150. Each Pokémon will have 150 HP as a result.

How Lucario gets Magic Coat?

How exactly a Lucario has Magic Coat.

A lot of sites say that Lucario can learn Magic Coat by Heart Gold Tutor, but that is not true, none of the tutors in the game offer Magic Coat to Lucario.

Even Smogon say that Lucario learns it. Whats going on? Is a weird joke or what?

I had been looking for answer for so long.

Thanks for the attention. I really hope reply.
When HGSS tutor move information was first translated, there seemed to have been a mistake, and the Pokemon that learned Magic Coat via tutor moves were mistaken for the Pokemon that actually learned Role Play instead, and vice versa. This has been reported in the C&C subforum on more than one occasion, but for some reason it has still not been fixed.

Is it legal to have a Mr. Mime that knows both Hypnosis AND Nasty Plot if I am playing Platinum? (I realize I'd trade it over but I guess what I want to know is if its possible to breed such a thing)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it legal to have a Mr. Mime that knows both Hypnosis AND Nasty Plot if I am playing Platinum? (I realize I'd trade it over but I guess what I want to know is if its possible to breed such a thing)
Drowzee learns both Hypnosis and Nasty Plot leveling up, breed one of them with Mr Mime.

When HGSS tutor move information was first translated, there seemed to have been a mistake, and the Pokemon that learned Magic Coat via tutor moves were mistaken for the Pokemon that actually learned Role Play instead, and vice versa. This has been reported in the C&C subforum on more than one occasion, but for some reason it has still not been fixed.
Thank you so much!

I needed to be sure of that. Haha, people even do sets with that terrible mistake. Well, thank you again :D

Why is an EV spread of 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD with a Calm nature recommended for RestTalk Spiritomb? It seems oddly specific so I'm guessing it has a purpose, but I can't seem to find what it is.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why is an EV spread of 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD with a Calm nature recommended for RestTalk Spiritomb? It seems oddly specific so I'm guessing it has a purpose, but I can't seem to find what it is.
Nothing. It just gives Spiritomb the most overall defenses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)