Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Ok I've been getting an error code constantly while trying to connect with other players for battles. I've looked up the code and done all the instructions that I understand. I've turned off my firewalls but I don't know how to do this:

"If the problem still persists with the firewall off, you may need to open ports on your router through the Port Forwarding feature.
  1. Create a manuel connection on your Nintendo DS and assign a static IP Address. Open ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
  2. Ensure the ports are forwarded to the same IP Address given to the Nintendo DS system during the manual setup. "
I have Windows XP and a Belkin 3245 router. I'm also not sure whether or not I have an IP address that never changes. I hardly ever get a successful connection with other players. Can anyone help?

(I'm also aware of how un-simple this question is, but I saw no other thread)

EDIT: Apparently my version (F7D2301 v1) is too new to be on that list. And I'm pretty sure it's compatable, considering I have had like 10 successful connections with other players. And I also get a successful regular connection to the DS wifi everytime.

A funny, but serious question.

Where would I make a thread for something like this, and should I make it at all.

Title-Forum Wars

Description-It was bound to happen someday, and I say we do it now before Black and White and while we have the RNG on our side. Here's my idea:

Form little "battalions" and go on other forums. Once there, you whoop ass and give yourself and Smogon the respect it deserves. For example, me and the next 3 people would go onto Marriland.com and make accounts. There we will join the tournaments and go to the Battle Me threads and what not and win as many games as we can. Once we win, people will think "Damn, Smogonites are good". If you think this isn't worth it, what if I told you you could win money and prizes? Yes, on GameBattles.com they give out real prizes for their tournaments.

I've faced a couple of people from Serebii, and let me tell you, they suck REAL bad.One of them got 6-0d, the other was just manhandled. Not to mention how I've gotten better since then.

I've bred this Shroomish, and I'm wondering what sort of EV spread to give it. Smogon's analysis says to give it 11 EVs in HP to hit that "magic poison heal number." I figured that was just so the number would be divisible by 8. My Breloom's HP IV is only 25 though, so I'm wondering if it is really worth it to put in 32 HP EVs just so, at lv50, it would gain 17 HP each turn instead of 16. I think taking that much away from speed is a bad idea since Breloom is already pretty slow, but I wanted a second opinion.

(It's going to be a standard Spore/Substitute/Focus Punch/Seed Bomb Breloom)

I've downloaded a Wi-Fi event Jirachi onto my Platinum (not onto HG since I RNG abused the Jirachi), and I'm wondering if it's possible to get 2 or even 3 of them since I also have Pearl and HeartGold?

If so, is it only possible by reinstalling the Wi-Fi connection program on the computer and erasing connection settings on the other games I want to get Jirachi on? I'm wondering this since it says that the connection remembers the DS and the game as a set, or something like that.

I just RNG'd a Modest flawless Jirachi (31 in each stat) with Draco Meteor.

Is Modest still a useful nature for Jirachi? Should I focus on getting + defense or + speed natures instead?

Baldafor said:
I just RNG'd a Modest flawless Jirachi (31 in each stat) with Draco Meteor.

Is Modest still a useful nature for Jirachi? Should I focus on getting + defense or + speed natures instead?
I got Modest as one of the first natures out of my successful flawless ones, but reset until I got a Timid flawless one on the 8th try (lucky). Your choice of nature always depends on what kind of team you're building, in terms of how offensively you play.

Ok I've been getting an error code constantly while trying to connect with other players for battles. I've looked up the code and done all the instructions that I understand. I've turned off my firewalls but I don't know how to do this:

"If the problem still persists with the firewall off, you may need to open ports on your router through the Port Forwarding feature.
  1. Create a manuel connection on your Nintendo DS and assign a static IP Address. Open ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
  2. Ensure the ports are forwarded to the same IP Address given to the Nintendo DS system during the manual setup. "
I have Windows XP and a Belkin 3245 router. I'm also not sure whether or not I have an IP address that never changes. I hardly ever get a successful connection with other players. Can anyone help?

(I'm also aware of how un-simple this question is, but I saw no other thread)

EDIT: Apparently my version (F7D2301 v1) is too new to be on that list. And I'm pretty sure it's compatable, considering I have had like 10 successful connections with other players. And I also get a successful regular connection to the DS wifi everytime.
If you post the error code, we might be able to help you better. And I think this belongs to Wi-Fi

I'm trying to figure out my SID so I can start to RNG for Shiny Eggs. I've been told that I need to catch a shiny in the wild before I can figure out my SID. Does the Gyarados from the Lake of Rage count?

I'm trying to figure out my SID so I can start to RNG for Shiny Eggs. I've been told that I need to catch a shiny in the wild before I can figure out my SID. Does the Gyarados from the Lake of Rage count?
You can ask in the wifi thread for someone with PokeSav who can check your SID for you.

Yes, but you'll have to catch it several times (so save in front of it, capture, check IVs/Nature/gender, soft reset, rince and repeat) and input all gathered info in RNG Reporter's "Chain to SID" feature.

I had to capture (and deduce IVs) it roughly 8 times before I had my SID.

Well, it depends on wether you want something like choice band or life orb, I'll give my personal opinion, since entie doesn't have many options I would assume it would be along the lines of the following: (Too bad he doesn't get Earthquake) (It should be noted that it will not be programmed into Shoody 1, since they can't resrict the nature, so unless you'r using it on wifi, you'll have to wait).

Entie @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Adamant, 252 att/[enough evs to outpace base 80s with adamant]spe/[remaining evs] HP

Extreemspeed
Howl/Iron Head
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge

A question of my own: With latias gone, is there any point in gengar running enough speed EVs to tie with other base 110s (are there any other base 110s?)? Or should I just run enough with a timid nature to outpace infernape. How many speed evs does that require?

does the "box trick" for reflecting ev's work on level 100 pokes? i think they did back in the 3rd gen, but im not too sure.

kindnugs:

It still works.

Even in generation 4, a Pokemon's actual stats are not stored when it's placed in a box. Instead the game recalculates them based on their effort values (EVs). Note, however, that a Pokemon at level 100 cannot earn EVs in battle, since it can't earn any more Exp. Points. Only stat enhancers such as HP Up and Calcium can raise a level 100 Pokemon's EVs.

thanks @ Naxte and poccil. i've been outta the loop for a while and have a bunch of wondercard pokes i haven't claimed yet. i wont waste my time then for good ivs on Regi and Arceus.

If you post the error code, we might be able to help you better. And I think this belongs to Wi-Fi
It's 86420. But like I said, I already looked it up on Nintendo and did everything I understood and posted the rest. I probably either have to change routers or have a tech guy come in.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Spd
~DynamicPunch
~Payback
~Ice Punch / Stone Edge
~Substitute

Which do you think is better for the third slot and why?
I am learning toward Stone Edge for Gyarados, Zapdos, etc. but Ice Punch has been invaluable for Salamence (when Machamp is at max hp or behind a sub and can't be OHKOd by LO Draco Meteor) and to some degree Gliscor. Kinda torn on which to choose for my WIFI team and looking for opinions!

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stone Edge should be used unless you have major problems with Gliscor on your team. Unless Mence is running a bulky spread, he is hit plently hard enough by Stone Edge.

I am also unsure about how common various varieties of Gliscor are on Wifi, but the most defensive ones can actually survive an Ice Punch IIRC.

How long will it be before the event moves for Raikou (aura sphere, weather ball) are up on shoddy? I have been dyin for a calm mind Raikou with aura sphere and ice weather ball.

My Pal Pad freezes the game when I go to "Check Friend Roster". Started like 10 minutes ago. I use AR, but have been doing so for a couple years now with no problems so I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)