Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (IRC Edition) Mark 2

Are there preplanned #trivia nights? That sounds like it would be fun but I don't see a schedule or anything. Is it just whenever people decide to show up?

Is NickServ an automated service or an actual person? In order to join the smogonwifi channel you need to register your nick but it takes a bit long before the Email arrives.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
nickserv is a bot lol; if you aren't getting the email then "make sure it's not being caught as spam etc"

there was a thread for #trivia before but i have no clue where it is now, if there is a schedule then that's where it would be

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
sorry man but i can't help you with missing emails. this is the same deal as with any other activation email and i'm not tech support. "did you make sure it was sent to the right address", "did you make sure it didn't get filtered as spam", etc. use /ns resendcode yournickhere to get the email sent again; beyond that i have nothing to offer for your problem

Status report: The verification email eventually turned up in the spam folder, although it did take quite some time for a bot.

So I tried using IRC for the first time (mIRC) and I did all the good stuff like adding the SynIRC server and trying to join Smogon's IRC at first it let me join but the chat wouldn't update and no messages would appear. I tried registering my account with /ns register password e-mail but I got no emails in my inbox. So I tried going back on Somogon's IRC but it said that my current nickname was invalid and the nickname "LudicrousLugia" was in use. I tried changing my nickname to just "Ludicrous" but after I logged out I couldn't log back in with that nickname either. So two days later and I still haven't got the email anywhere and I still can't seem to get into Smogon's IRC or any IRC for that matter. So in short how do I regain access to my nickname and how do I receive the registration email? Thanks for your help.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For some reason I cant connect to any IRC channels on synIRC. I used to be able to but just recently it hasnt been working so i cant connect to #pokemon #xyuu #cap #ratemyteam and so on. Does anybody know why this is happening? If it makes a difference I am using Google Chrome

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was using the in browser SynIRC client but I installed AndroIRC on my phone so this is no longer an issue.

Thanks!!

Hoping this thread isn't dead:

When I open mIRC, I am on as "michaeloche" (which is what I want to be called), and I registered an alt "vlad". For some reason, whenever I connect to the server, it has me on as vlad instead. How do I get back to connecting as michaeloche?

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hoping this thread isn't dead:

When I open mIRC, I am on as "michaeloche" (which is what I want to be called), and I registered an alt "vlad". For some reason, whenever I connect to the server, it has me on as vlad instead. How do I get back to connecting as michaeloche?
Type in /nick michaeloche

If that doesn't work, someone is using that nickname already.

Type in /nick michaeloche

If that doesn't work, someone is using that nickname already.
Yeah, I am. Yet, when I try to remove the alt, I get the same message. I claimed that nick when I registered.

Edit: To clarify, I had been using the nick before, accidentally closed the client, then this started happening when I got back on.

Last edited:
I joined #pokemon and this came up "If you're looking for the Smogon IRC, you're on the wrong network. You need to connect to SynIRC, not Mibbit." How do i fix this?
Edit:
Jellicent thanks :D

Last edited:
I joined #pokemon and this came up "If you're looking for the Smogon IRC, you're on the wrong network. You need to connect to SynIRC, not Mibbit." How do i fix this?
If you're on Mibbit, on the app page there should be a drop down box after the words "Connect:" that's set to Mibbit [webirc].

Change that to SynIRC instead~

Hey Smogon,

Just wanted to get some help with regards to IRC commands. I've been having a blast there, but still struggle with some commands. Is there an on site article or a useful link someone could provide to allow me to familiarize myself with the IRC commands? Thanks in advance!

~Moonstone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)