Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

MrPanda

not a bear
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Thank you Mr Panda.
Does anyone know if Venomicom is legendary or something like that?
And also how does it take its Epilogue form? And why does it exist?
And Nohface needs to hold a metal coat to evolve? Or you don't need anything like Stratagem?

Last edited:
Venomicon is not a legendary. It is just a normal form changing Pokemon like Rotom or Oricorio.

It changes its form by holding the Vile Vial. This is similar to how Giratina changes form based on holding the Griseous Orb, but for a non-legendary Pokemon.

Nohface evolves with trade with Metal Coat, like Scyther and Onix into Scizor and Steelix.

will CAP ever make a contest to design a g-max form for CAP?
i mean crucibelle have mega so g-max too could be good
Crucibelle and Crucibelle-M were made to explore the generational gimmick in a special project that would design two similar Pokemon at the same time. It's best to view it, I think, more akin to Venomicon and Venomicon-E. The key difference between then and now, of course, is that Megas were allowed in OU and CAP play, while Dynamax and Gigantimax are banned. Because of the ban, I would consider it very, very unlikely CAP sets out to design a Gigantimax form for a Pokemon, even if it would only be flavour at the end of the day.

However, that hasn't stopped artists from doing renditions of what Gigantimax forms of CAP Pokemon could look like. You can see the gallery of some of those here.

Crucibelle and Crucibelle-M were made to explore the generational gimmick in a special project that would design two similar Pokemon at the same time. It's best to view it, I think, more akin to Venomicon and Venomicon-E. The key difference between then and now, of course, is that Megas were allowed in OU and CAP play, while Dynamax and Gigantimax are banned. Because of the ban, I would consider it very, very unlikely CAP sets out to design a Gigantimax form for a Pokemon, even if it would only be flavour at the end of the day.

However, that hasn't stopped artists from doing renditions of what Gigantimax forms of CAP Pokemon could look like. You can see the gallery of some of those here.
wow thank you very much,is z-move banned?

We aim to emulate the mechanics available in the current generation. Since z-crystals do not appear in gen 8, z-moves are not available in gen 8 cap.

This also applies to moves that were removed/unusable in gen 8. We spent the early part of gen 8 removing unavailable moves from every cap.
oh that rough
i hope there will be a fun gimmick from gen 9 added to CAP

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
3 questions:

1. is this the most recent bsr spreadsheet?: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...uUp5ehfggUkMyApXx6tcr7rR6s/edit#gid=682608677

2. I made a copy of it, how do i sort by bsr without all the formulas and numbers getting messed up?

3. how do stay updated with when we get a new bsr spreadsheet?
1: Technically yes, but we are going to be using another Spreadsheet to accommodate for the Venomicon forms being added and for Pyroak's Special Attack nerf (It does make a difference in stat calculations even if not a huge one).

2: Not sure tbh.

3: There will be an up-to-date BSR Calculator in the OP for the Stat Limits/Stat Submissions when that stage comes around.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
I'll have to check out the copy of the BSR spreadsheet when I get home since I know I've sorted it before.

EDIT: Alright, I've figured it out. I think some sort of spreadsheet update happened that messed with the formatting as I've definitely been able to do it within the BSR calculator itself, but for now here's a working (if ugly) method on copied spreadsheets:

1. On the "BSR of All Pokemon" tab, select the lettered column for Total BSR (Tab H). Copy the data however you normally copy text. (Edit -> Copy works on the menu bar)
  2. Add a new spreadsheet page using the button on the bottom left.
  3. Select column A and use Paste as Values Only (Edit -> Paste Special -> Values Only).
  4. Go back to the BSR menu and repeat the above process for whatever other data you want, such as Species Name or BST. At this point order doesn't matter as long as Total BSR is furthest left.
  5. On your new spreadsheet page, select all of the columns you've added and group them. (You can Shift Click on the lettered tabs to select them one-by one, and then go to View -> Group or just Right Click -> View More Column Options -> Group.)
  6. Sort the spreadsheet by A-Z or Z-A. All the data should be in order and attached to the correct values. Since this page is completely separate from the other pages, doing this won't affect any of the calculations or formatting.

Last edited:
Are expansions to Persistent's affected move list within the scope of moveset updates, or is that affected move list set in stone at this point? I remember being surprised that Fidgit doesn't have access to Mud Sport or Water Sport, just because those moves have never really had a chance to shine with only 5 active turns.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Are expansions to Persistent's affected move list within the scope of moveset updates, or is that affected move list set in stone at this point? I remember being surprised that Fidgit doesn't have access to Mud Sport or Water Sport, just because those moves have never really had a chance to shine with only 5 active turns.
We don't plan on updating the list of moves that are affected by Persistent anytime soon, its basically set in stone at this point.

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Where is the prohibited moves list? This relates to the last-gen 8 pokemon for CAP. I am new here and I want to find my way around.
You are able to find the prohibited moves list in any moveset discussion thread. Here is the thread from last project (cap 30).

The first post has a section with spoiler button that you can use as reference for now. Just know that this list needs to be updated since there are a handful of moves that are missing.

are there plans on adding the e-reader berries for use?
i know that of the 12 berries 6 don't have any effects and 4 have repeated effects, but the other 2(eggand and ginema) have effects that no other berry has, those being cure infatuation(eggant) and raise a lowered stat(ginema, although the exact criteria by which(and how) it acts is unknown to me)
and yes, i know that you couldn't use the e-reader berries in pvp in the games in which they existed, but i just think it would be neat to see what effects if any they have in combat(eggant will certainly be the more niche of the two, but i still think that it will be good in the few instances it's useful in)

are there plans on adding the e-reader berries for use?
i know that of the 12 berries 6 don't have any effects and 4 have repeated effects, but the other 2(eggand and ginema) have effects that no other berry has, those being cure infatuation(eggant) and raise a lowered stat(ginema, although the exact criteria by which(and how) it acts is unknown to me)
and yes, i know that you couldn't use the e-reader berries in pvp in the games in which they existed, but i just think it would be neat to see what effects if any they have in combat(eggant will certainly be the more niche of the two, but i still think that it will be good in the few instances it's useful in)
We are not adding old items to the game unless the main games do so and we are definitely not making an exceptions for items as niche as those.

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
How do I start make thing?
CAP creates new Pokémon in a step-by-step process, led by a Topic Leadership Team with each step representing one aspect of a new Pokémon. Each part of the Pokémon is discussed and voted on by the community.

If you are looking to join in on the discussion for the current project, first check the CAP 31 so far thread to see what decisions the community has already voted on. This will help give you a general idea for the current state of the project. Then, check out the current discussion topic in the defining moves thread. Make sure to read the opening post and any post made by the Section Leader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)