Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

You can use CAP pokemon for your game, if you wish. But you must observe the following stipulations:
  • Your game cannot be affiliated with another established online pokemon community
  • Credit the "Create-A-Pokemon Project", and provide links to our website, located here: http://www.smogon.com/cap/
  • Your representation of our characters must be consistent with the names, design elements, and overall themes of the characters as defined on the CAP website and CAP forum
Many people have created artworks, ROM hacks, video fighting games, and other interesting offshoot projects using our characters. If you get something interesting together, please let me know and perhaps we can cross-link from here to your project. Good luck!
hey DOugJustDoug I have a little question, can I share my fan game recruitment and post on pokecommunity and relic castle?

Can a CAP moveset legality check be refused if it's not overpowered but the CAP lacks a logical way to use it (like the new book cap using Thunderpunch for example)

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Can a CAP moveset legality check be refused if it's not overpowered but the CAP lacks a logical way to use it (like the new book cap using Thunderpunch for example)
No. Legality Checks always pertain to competitive implications. If a move has no real competitive implications that cause concern, in most cases its okay even if the flavor makes absolutely no sense. (Legendary Signature moves and moves that got cut are basically the only exceptions I can think of).

Last edited:

Threeble

Banned deucer.
If a user contributes to the project but gets banned later down the line, what happens to their contributions?

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don’t know too much about older gens of this meta, but why exactly is Aurumoth considered a failure in design?
Aurumoth's concept was based on the idea of "Risk vs. Reward", where it was supposed to reward risky play with its numerous setup and coverage options. However, due to its access to Tail Glow, insane coverage, and most importantly, Illusion, there was little risk to Aurumoth, as it easily punished opponents with setup due to Illusion forcing the opponent to second guess their move selections.

Aurumoth's concept was based on the idea of "Risk vs. Reward", where it was supposed to reward risky play with its numerous setup and coverage options. However, due to its access to Tail Glow, insane coverage, and most importantly, Illusion, there was little risk to Aurumoth, as it easily punished opponents with setup due to Illusion forcing the opponent to second guess their move selections.
So it was basically a bulkier, better version of Zoroark?

Matleo

Banned deucer.
What if a new pokemon would have ability that if the user fainst , you get Control over the target Who took it out for 3 turns. Then switch back or just faint? What type would fit user? What type immune to it? Should a new move similar like Memento work like it? Would obiedience be a problem?

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
What if a new pokemon would have ability that if the user fainst , you get Control over the target Who took it out for 3 turns. Then switch back or just faint? What type would fit user? What type immune to it? Should a new move similar like Memento work like it? Would obiedience be a problem?
Our project works within the realms of Game Freak's current toolbox, so such a custom ability such as that would never be implemented here unless they were to add it first.

Does anyone know where I can find the 3d modeling spreadsheet? to see which are already finished, which are in process and which have not been started. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)