Data ASB Raid Zone - The Hour of Twilight General Thread (Distortion World unlocked)

Extra Chapter 6: The Stuff of Dreams
Before I was able to open my eyes again, I heard more whispers. Thankfully, it was not the creepy and maddening whispers of the "old god", but a much more familiar and soothing melody. I was among friends now.

"Your victory renews our hopes, champions", said Cresselia, floating just beside me. Her tone gave me a gentle sense of relief, though I could detect a sense of worry around her.

"Then let us not waste time". Latios' voice echoed through the hall immediately after Cresselia finished. "Our allies on the warfront require our aid. The legendary staff of dreams, Espyria, must be rebuilt at once!"

The two left me alone to contemplate things. This artifact, the great staff of dreams, had required a lot of sacrifice get the components for it. It made me wonder, were we, as humans, meant to unlock this kind of power? The same kind of power that had driven Eusine mad with sorrow, and that gave Regigigas powers to corrupt the mind? It worried me, after all, who's to say that it wouldn't do the same to me, and make me into as great a threat if not more than those who were trying to destroy humanity. The thought scared me, so I turned my thoughts to other things.

Like my Pokemon, what happened to our Pokemon that had gone insane? I tried to get up, but I suddenly heard another voice in my head. Apparently Cresselia had read my mind, as she said "Do not worry about the fate of your companions. Latias is taking care of them, she should be able to restore them to clarity. It is good that you came back as soon as you did..." The voice died out, and my ears could only hear the murmurs of what must have been some kind of ritual.

When I finally managed to again open my eyes, I saw the two legendary Pokemon already working on the artifact we recovered, employing their vast power to unlock the full potential of the ancient staff. However, it soon became apparent that they were having a problem, as the staff simply would not absorb their magic. I imagined that was a bad sign.

"How can this be?" Latios's disbelief was apparent. "The staff is not responding to our magic!"

"I was afraid this could be the case," Cresselia explained, with a sad but not disheartened tone. "While the foundation of the staff is complete, its soul is yet uncleansed. It is the latter's corruption which is constraining the power of the staff from within. Like a child trapped into a nightmare."

"Does this mean we need to... awaken the soul inside the staff?" Latios asked, confused. "But... how?"

Suddenly my mind knew where this was going, and I thought Please don't involve an incredibly dangerous ritual. Please don't invo---

"It involves an incredibly dangerous ritual." Cresselia said, trying and failing to hide a smirk. Her tone soon turned serious though, as she handed me the staff. It was certainly powerful, but it seemed to be somehow...constrained. "Take the staff to Full Moon Island," the Moon Pokemon said. Her voice could hardly hide her concern. "Use one of my feathers to begin the cleansing ritual. This should manage to pierce through the nightmare which traps the staff's soul, but I am afraid this alone could not suffice to fully awaken it. Whatever spawns from the staff's taint, you may want to come prepared, as not even I can predict what shall come to pass. Everything in dreams is possible - for good... or ill"

"I see, I will travel there immediately." I said, trying to muster up as much false confidence as I could.

"We shall arrange transportation then." Latios said. "Our time is short, you will need to cleanse the taint as fast as possible."

Inviting Dogfish44 to Full Moon Island, taking The Awakening quest

Prepare to die.

Once I had fully recovered from the taint of the titan, I took my leave of the Snowpoint Temple chamber, and went to a ritual area near the entrance of the temple. I did not know much about the history of this temple, but it seemed to be an outer chamber used for some kind of worship. Lining each wall were bedrolls full of the wounded from the fight with Garchomp and Darkrai's armies. Already preparations were being made to move these people into the airship we had prepared for leaving this place, as I saw some of the nurses carrying the patients as best they could deeper into the temple. The message was clear, if we suffered another attack of that scale, the city would not stand. I went over to the far side of the room, past a set of curtains, an attempt to hide Latias's true form from those who were not to see it. There I saw Latias's face, illuminated by the torches lining each side of a specially made bed. It seemed this was where Latias was trying to cure maladies with a more magical origin. The Eon Pokemon turned to me and put a smile on her face.

"Oh Maxim, you're here."

"A little lightheaded perhaps, but I'm mentally sound now. How are my Pokemon?"

"They have recovered quite well. It was a little funny actually, your Arghonaut thought he was sailing on the seven seas, plundering all he could."

"That sounds like him all right." I set my eyes down, lost in thought.

"What seems to be the matter?"

"I just...forgive my presumption, but...why are you fighting alongside the humans? All the other Pokemon we've come across, apart from those owned by trainers, have been either brainwashed or are serving the Elbdomadarium."

"Ah that." Latias seemed to go silent for a minute, and I had worried lest I had made a faux pas among the Pokemon. After a moment of thinking, Latias answered "I'm sorry, but I have things to attend to."

"Apologies, I didn't mean to--"

"You're fine, just, I'll tell you when I'm ready, ok?"

"All right."

I left the room at that point, a little embarrassed at my prodding. Still, I could tell Latias was somehow...sad. Was there something in her past that she regretted? I shook my head, that's not for me to know, not now. I went over and prepared for my next adventure.

Chapter 11: Paradise Lost

The situation at the Pokemon League was bleak, to put it lightly. It seemed as though Darkrai's forces were coming at us from all sides, and hope was scarce amongst the populace. I could even tell that Cynthia was having trouble convincing people to go on. Was there nothing I could do? I thought to myself. Dismayed, I walked through the building, trying to come up with some way I could help the cause.

It was then that I heard voices through a nearby door. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get to Snowpoint City and push his forces back!"

"It's not that simple. We simply have too many civilians and wounded here for that to be a viable option. Were Darkrai to launch an attack from Flower Paradise while our forces are busy elsewhere, many lives would be lost."

"Then let's attack Flower Paradise."

"A full fledged assault would have a similar outcome, if we leave one way or another, there's the possiblity of Darkrai's forces attacking. As we speak, Korrina is attempting to assemble a strike force to take down Flower Paradise, so that we have somewhere to fall back to should worse come to worst."

I stopped listening to the conversation after that, knowing what I needed to do next. I went to the foyer, where the Kalos Gym Leader of Shalou City, Korrina, was already talking to some other trainers. Like myself, they wanted to make a difference in defending the people of Sinnoh from Darkrai's wrath.
\
"It looks like everyone is here", she nods as I took a place in the group. "Very well. I have been asked from Cynthia to organize the attack on Flower Paradise, and I will need all the help you can muster. We still don't know a lot about what transpired in the glade, but we know what's at stake".

She extracted her Mega Ring from a pocket. "As you are aware, your Key Stones can be empowered upon touching the Sundial in Anistar City. Hidden within the Flower Paradise there is a much more ancient sundial, similar in nature to the one in Anistar City. We suspect that Darkrai is seeking the power of this sundial.
We cannot allow it! Since a full-fledged assault could be intercepted by Darkrai's forces, we'll form small groups of trainers who will move autonomously. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to hit the Pokemon Center or the Pokemon Market before leaving.
You are dismissed. And, for what's worth", she adds, with a sad tone in her voice, "I wish you all the best. You are our last hope, heroes".

"Yes ma'am." I said. I made preparations with Harold, and we agreed to set off for the Flower Paradise.

Welp, we got our butts kicked by Plasmanta. We're gonna need a better plan.

Until we get one, let's take on an old foe again.

Inviting Dogfish44 to Flower Paradise (Hard Mode)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Chapter 11: Paradise Lost

The situation at the Pokemon League was bleak, to put it lightly. It seemed as though Darkrai's forces were coming at us from all sides, and hope was scarce amongst the populace. I could even tell that Cynthia was having trouble convincing people to go on. Was there nothing I could do? I thought to myself. Dismayed, I walked through the building, trying to come up with some way I could help the cause.

It was then that I heard voices through a nearby door. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get to Snowpoint City and push his forces back!"

"It's not that simple. We simply have too many civilians and wounded here for that to be a viable option. Were Darkrai to launch an attack from Flower Paradise while our forces are busy elsewhere, many lives would be lost."

"Then let's attack Flower Paradise."

"A full fledged assault would have a similar outcome, if we leave one way or another, there's the possiblity of Darkrai's forces attacking. As we speak, Korrina is attempting to assemble a strike force to take down Flower Paradise, so that we have somewhere to fall back to should worse come to worst."

I stopped listening to the conversation after that, knowing what I needed to do next. I went to the foyer, where the Kalos Gym Leader of Shalou City, Korrina, was already talking to some other trainers. Like myself, they wanted to make a difference in defending the people of Sinnoh from Darkrai's wrath.
\
"It looks like everyone is here", she nods as I took a place in the group. "Very well. I have been asked from Cynthia to organize the attack on Flower Paradise, and I will need all the help you can muster. We still don't know a lot about what transpired in the glade, but we know what's at stake".

She extracted her Mega Ring from a pocket. "As you are aware, your Key Stones can be empowered upon touching the Sundial in Anistar City. Hidden within the Flower Paradise there is a much more ancient sundial, similar in nature to the one in Anistar City. We suspect that Darkrai is seeking the power of this sundial.
We cannot allow it! Since a full-fledged assault could be intercepted by Darkrai's forces, we'll form small groups of trainers who will move autonomously. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to hit the Pokemon Center or the Pokemon Market before leaving.
You are dismissed. And, for what's worth", she adds, with a sad tone in her voice, "I wish you all the best. You are our last hope, heroes".

"Yes ma'am." I said. I made preparations with Harold, and we agreed to set off for the Flower Paradise.

Welp, we got our butts kicked by Plasmanta. We're gonna need a better plan.

Until we get one, let's take on an old foe again.

Inviting Dogfish44 to Flower Paradise (Hard Mode)
Yep, we're back to scratch!

Acceptin'

All right, here goes...but Cyrus is impossible to tank on Hard Mode and the rewards aren't worth it, so.

Inviting Dogfish44 to Distortion World (Normal Mode)

Drifblim + Abyssal Windbag + Pumkin + Glyph of Ominous Wind
Mismagius + Spectral Flame Relic + Pumkin + Glyph of Inferno
Chandelure + Spectral Flame Relic + Pumkin + Glyph of Inferno
Gengar + Black Lotus + Pumkin + Glyph of Ominous Wind

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
All right, here goes...but Cyrus is impossible to tank on Hard Mode and the rewards aren't worth it, so.

Inviting Dogfish44 to Distortion World (Normal Mode)

Drifblim + Abyssal Windbag + Pumkin + Glyph of Ominous Wind
Mismagius + Spectral Flame Relic + Pumkin + Glyph of Inferno
Chandelure + Spectral Flame Relic + Pumkin + Glyph of Inferno
Gengar + Black Lotus + Pumkin + Glyph of Ominous Wind
Could've sworn I accepted this one already. Accepting.

So...currently my partner Dogfish is missing. Last I heard from him was that he was having massive IRL issues. So while he gets those sorted out, I'd like to extend an OPEN invitation.

Open Invitation to Distortion World (Normal Mode)

This is a progression raid, so there is some level of unknown about this. All I ask is that you have two fully evolved and competently leveled Ghost type Pokemon. Ghost artifacts and Shadow Mend Access are preferred, but I'll take anyone that has two ghost types and is willing to learn. You'll get to participate in the progression of the raid zone, while having the attention of a master of raiding, what's not to love?

So come on, let's kick a giant's butt!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)