Data ASB Raid Zone - General Thread (NEW REF PAYMENT)

Maxim and whoever else has them:

Crown of Relentless/Eternal Storms hotfix - here's the new stats:

Crown of Relentless Storms: Boosts the holder's Special Attack by 7 and its Defense and Special Defense ranks by 1 while the holder is under the effects of Forecast. Raises the critical hit stage of Weather Ball by (1) and reduces the threat it generates by 50%. The holder can use any weather move bar Sandstorm in any arena where it might otherwise be disallowed and these moves will last for 2 additional rounds. Usable only by: Castform.

Crown of Eternal Storms: Boosts the holder's Special Attack by 9, its Defense and Special Defense ranks by 1, and doubles its Speed while the holder is under the effects of Forecast. Raises the critical hit stage of Weather Ball by (2) and reduces the threat it generates by 50%. The holder can use any weather move bar Sandstorm in any indoor arena where it might otherwise be disallowed and these moves will last for 2 additional rounds, while costing 2 less energy. Usable only by: Castform.

That's all

Also, I'm rebalancing (i.e. nerfing) the following tanking items.

Shield of Impenetrable Darkness: STAB bonus reduced by 1.
Splintered Visage of the Spire: STAB bonus reduced by 1.
Bulwark of Impenetrable Darkness: STAB bonus reduced by 1, Sp. Defense boost reduced by 1.
Fireproof Armor: STAB bonus reduced by 2.
Fireproof Battlegear: STAB bonus reduced by 2.
Polished Visage of the Spire: STAB bonus reduced by 1, Defense boost reduced by 1.
Regi Wall: STAB bonus reduced by 2, non-Normal boost reduced by 2, Defense/SpD boost reduced by 1.
Regi Bastion: STAB bonus reduced by 2, non-Normal boost reduced by 1.
Amice of the Battle Mage: Now increases the threat gen of Dazzling Gleam if the holder is a Fairy-type and has Sturdy.

EDIT: Also, Normal-type artifacts no longer increase the power of all moves. Instead, they further increase the power of Normal-type moves if the holder is a Normal-type.

EDIT2: Due to overwhelming negative feedback, I will revert the Normal-type artifact change. Also, the Continuum Blade will no longer cause Normal-type spread moves to become single target. Instead, it will cause the holder's allies to be immune to damage from the holder's own Normal-type spread moves.

Last edited:
Claiming from here.

Badge of Valor X1
Glyph of Meteor Mash: Raises the accuracy of Meteor Mash by a flat +15%, its secondary effect chance by 20%, and causes the Attack boosts obtained by Meteor Mash to last at the end of each round.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Hocus Pocus, Ghostus Be-Gone-Us

Claiming:

Glyph of Spite: Extends the duration of Spite for 3 more actions, and causes it to clear all status afflictions from the user.
Glyph of Skill Swap: Reduces the energy cost of each swap by 2, and causes each connected target to gain Body and Mind, restoring 9 HP over 3 actions.
Black Lotus: Raises the power of Grass-type moves by 7, the holder's Sp. Defense rank by 3, and the HP restored by attacking draining moves by 100%. If the holder is a Grass-type, its Grass-type attacks will inflict 100% extra damage against targets with a resistance to Grass.
Badge of Light x3
Tainted Staff: This item begins a quest. "Corruption seeps from this relic"
2X Tomes of Chimaera Strike

So from 6 to 9 BoL, 4 to 6 Chimaera Strikes, and to Exalted Reputation. 25 CC is spent to get Glyph of Aromatic Mist and Hive Queen's Paragon.

And I think I'll claim Lost in Time, which I think brings me to 11 BoL?

Oh, it also changes my Tainted Staff into...

Dreamer's Staff: Raises the power of Light-type and Psychic-type attacks by 9 and increases the healing done by Heal Pulse by 8.

Last edited:

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Central Processing (Normal) - WIN
Taking on the Programmer's Job
500 Rep. points with the Bright Hope expedition. Berry Harvesting (allows all your Pokémon to carry a berry in addition to another item - but not two berries at the same time)

Glyph of Meteor Mash: Raises the accuracy of Meteor Mash by a flat +15%, its secondary effect chance by 20%, and causes the Attack boosts obtained by Meteor Mash to last at the end of each round.
Badge of Valor x1

Last edited:
Generation VII patch

• Z-moves
    • You will be able to use one Z-move per battle for each trainer, provided the Pokemon in question carries the appropriate Z-crystal
    • Bosses will not be able to employ Z-moves themselves as part of a regular action. They may show up in non-standard actions, though (like status moves and other moves which are not included in slates).
    • If an attacking moves which causes a high amount of threat is turned into a Z-move, the resulting Z-move will not generate a high amount of threat
    • If a non-attacking move which has raid-specific effects is turned into a Z-move, the resulting Z-move will retain said effects
    • Z-moves always receive a Threshold bonus equal to +3 per Threshold point
    • For the rest, Z-moves in raids work exactly like everywhere else in ASB
  • New raid mechanics affecting Gen VII moves/abilities/items:
    • Bosses do not change their type upon using Burn Up
    • All bosses are immune to the following moves: Core Enforcer (the secondary effect only), Instruct, Nature's Madness, Throat Chop (the secondary effect only)
    • The following abilities have no effect in raid zones: Disguise (but see threat effects below), Emergency Exit (but see threat effects below), Wimp Out (but see threat effects below).
    • Water Bubble increases by 5 the HP absorbed by the user's Bubble Shield
  • New threat-related effects
    • The following abilities can be toggled ON to raise the threat generated by damage and healing done by 50% (this effect will replace their standard effects). These abilities can't be toggled ON if copied or transferred and don't stack with other threat multipliers:
      • Queen Majesty
    • The following damaging moves will now generate a high amount of threat, which means they will cause a flat additional threat equal to the damage caused. For example, a Pokemon that causes 20 damage with such a move will cause 40 threat overall. A Pokemon with Pressure Toggled On that causes 20 damage with such a move will cause 20*1.5+20 = 50 threat overall, instead. The list includes:
      • Shell Trap
    • The following abilities reduce the user's threat generated by 20% (can be toggled off)
      • Disguise
      • Emergency Exit
      • Wimp Out

EDIT: Forgot to update raid-only moves learnsets, my bad

Dispel

Shadow Mend

Bloodlust

(Raticate-Alola)

Bubble Shield

Comet

Chimaera Strike

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
4 CC is spent to give my Kingdra Bubble Shield and my Xerneas Dispel.

5 BoL are spent on a Mallet of the Eon's Scion.

Meep.

Last edited:
Chapter 13 Complete!

Glyph of Spite: Extends the duration of Spite for 3 more actions, and causes it to clear all status afflictions from the user.
Glyph of Skill Swap: Reduces the energy cost of each swap by 2, and causes each connected target to gain Body and Mind, restoring 9 HP over 3 actions.

Black Lotus: Raises the power of Grass-type moves by 7, the holder's Sp. Defense rank by 3, and the HP restored by attacking draining moves by 100%. If the holder is a Grass-type, its Grass-type attacks will inflict 100% extra damage against targets with a resistance to Grass.
Badge of Light x3

Badges of Light: 1 + 3 (Raid) + 2 (Rescue in the Nightmare) = 6

Tomes of Chimera Strike: 4+2=6

Custodians of Time Reputation: 1300 + 300 (Raid) + 300 (Rescue in the Nightmare)=1900
======================================
Legendary Quest Begin!

Dreamer's Staff: Raises the power of Light-type and Psychic-type attacks by 9 and increases the healing done by Heal Pulse by 8.

Custodians of Time Reputation: 1900 + 200 (Sealed Nightmare)=2000 *Exalted*
======================================
Purchases:

Hydreigon: Purchases Bloodlust (2 CC) and learns Chimera Strike (1 Tome)
Dragalge: Purchases Bubble Shield (2 CC) and learns Chimera Strike (1 Tome)

I shall also purchase one of these:
Spider's Kiss: Increases the holder's Sp. Attack rank by 12, grants it the benefits of the Skill Link ability and causes multi-hit moves to always critically hit. Increases the power of Cross Poison, Poison Jab and Shadow Sneak by 10. Usable only by: Spinarak, Ariados

Currency Counters: 32-2-2-15=13

That will be it for now! (Not too sure about some of the rewards here, so I won't be buying anything with BoL atm)

Last edited:
Purchasing Dispel for:

Lumen (Clefable)
Ethic (Alakazam)
Aeroborus (Dragonite)
Pulsar (Espeon)
Aftae (Gardevoir)
Miere (Togekiss)
Elxith (Gallade)
Snagg (Zorua)
Lucy (Delphox)
Nefernefer (Revenankh)
Synthys (Krilowatt)
Ghale (Necturna)
Verol (Mollux)
Agro (Aurumoth)
Sabre (Plasmanta)

Purchasing Shadow Mend for:

Aftae (Gardevoir)
Elxith (Gallade)
Phemerax (Dusclops/Dusknoir)
Sparktrain (Rotom)
Snagg (Zorua)
Arche (Greninja)
Nefernefer (Revenankh)
Kao (Kitsunoh)
Ghale (Necturna)

48 CC for all of the above.

Link to PCT post where I deduct the CC from my total CC.

Last edited:
Purchasing a last bit before challenging Garchomp

Mallet of the Eon's Scion: Raises the power of Dragon-type moves by 7, the holder's Sp. Attack rank by 2, and grants it the benefits of the Mega Launcher ability. Reduces the energy cost of Light Screen by 2. Increases the holder's Threshold by 1. | Cost: 5X Badge of Light.

Badges of Light: 6-5=1

Dang it I knew I forgot something. Sorry for claiming so much. :P

Majestia the Altaria gets Dispel for 2 CC.

Currency counters: 35-2=33

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Link to CPHM.

Glyph of Signal Beam: Raises the power of Signal Beam by 2.
Glyph of Agility: Causes Agility to lower overall threat by 30% in addition to its base effect. The Speed stage boosts of Agility no longer generate threat.
Glyph of Tri Attack: Raises the power of Tri Attack by 2 and the effect chance by an overall flat 20%.

Twisted Matrix: Whenever the user uses an Electric, Normal, Psychic or Steel attacking move, he gains a matrix charge. For every matrix charge, the power of the user's special attacks raise by (3) and their accuracy by 5%. Stacks up to 3 charges. If the user doesn't use an Electric, Normal, Psychic or Steel attacking move for an action, all matrix charges are lost.

Badge of Valor x5

Alloy of Elementium (Quest item)

The Legacy of the Old Gods has been completed by the following players: Gale Wing Srock. Remember to claim the quest's completion together with the other rewards in the ASB Raid Zone General Thread in order to get your rewards.

Reward: You will get 2X
Badge of Valor, as well as the following item:

Paragon of Gygax: Raises the Attack rank of the holder by (7) and its critical hit stage by (1).

Quest: Into the Shrine
Quest Giver: Lorien
Requirements: The Legacy of the Old Gods.

"The blade has been reforged, trainer", comments Lorien, as he hands the sword to you. "However, it is not yet complete. Its true potential has not been awakened yet. Unfortunately, this goes even beyond my own powers.
"However, what the living ignore, the departed still remember. While we do not know what fate bestowed upon the hero who vanquished the Old Gods, the return of the ancient evil seems to have drawn his spirit to this forlorn island once more. Even now, I can sense his tortured soul, wandering in the dark depths of the shrine, crying for light. Crying for hope.
"You are the hope. Venture into the shrine, trainer, and bring this sacred sword with you. Show him the light, and he will reveal himself to you. He will tell you how to vanquish the Old Gods once again".

Objective: Find the Restless Spirit within the Shrine of the Old Gods. This quest can only be completed in Hard Mode, and one of the trainer's Pokemon must wield Paragon of Gygax
Total Badges of Valor = 12 + 5 + 2 = 19

Getting
Ancient Templar's Ward (Tier 3):
Raises the STAB bonus of the holder's attacks by 5, its Defense and Sp. Defense ranks by 1, and reduces damage taken from supereffective attacks by a flat 1. Reduces the energy cost of Taunt by 1.

PCT for reference.

Last edited:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-and-smashlloyd20.3579428/page-2#post-7159245
Booyah

zarator said:
Glyph of Signal Beam: Raises the power of Signal Beam by 2.
Glyph of Agility: Causes Agility to lower overall threat by 30% in addition to its base effect. The Speed stage boosts of Agility no longer generate threat.
Glyph of Tri Attack: Raises the power of Tri Attack by 2 and the effect chance by an overall flat 20%.

Twisted Matrix: Whenever the user uses an Electric, Normal, Psychic or Steel attacking move, he gains a matrix charge. For every matrix charge, the power of the user's special attacks raise by (3) and their accuracy by 5%. Stacks up to 3 charges. If the user doesn't use an Electric, Normal, Psychic or Steel attacking move for an action, all matrix charges are lost.

Badge of Valor x5
BoV 5>10

I also finish the Taking on the Programmer's Job quest, which gives me Berry Harvesting and another 500 Rep with Bright Hope (bringing me to 1000 I believe, 200 from Taint of Stormrage+300 from CPHM+500 here).

Maxim: Approved
@Someoneeelse: Approved
JJayyFeather: Approved, and...

Oh?

The Northspring Egg breaks!

A Syclar hatched from the Egg!

Syclar (F)
Nature: Mild (Def lowered; Sp. Atk raised)
Type: Ice/Bug
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.
Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains one extra attack on multi-hit moves, with a cap of five (5).

Stats

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 91
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Compoundeyes:
(Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Snow Cloak: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.
Technician (DW LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks (

Fury Attack
Leer
Leech Life
Ice Shard
Focus Energy
Icy Wind
X-Scissor
Scratch
Ice Shard
Slash
Bug Bite
Icicle Spear

Earth Power
Tail Glow
Silver Wind

Blizzard
Solarbeam
Double Team

Holy Shock
Holy Blade

Torch of Light: Raises the power of Light-type moves by (7). Whenever the user hits the foe with a Light-type move, it has a 20% chance to enter in Clearcasting state, reducing the energy cost of the next special attacking move by 100% and causing it to always land a critical hit.

Holy Shock: A powerful burst of light which cannot miss its target

Attack Power: 6 | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 4 | Attack Type: Special | Effect Chance: -- | Contact: No | Typing: Light | Priority: 0 | CT: --

Holy Blade: A shining slash which ignores the foe's stat boosts

Attack Power: 9 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 7 | Attack Type: Physical | Effect Chance: -- | Contact: Yes | Typing: Light | Priority: 0 | CT: --

Light is a new type, with its own chart:
Light is supereffective against: Dark, Ghost, Poison, Psychic, Light
Light is not very effective against: Dragon, Steel
Light is resistant to: Electric, Fighting, Fire, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Water, Rock, Steel, Bug
Light is immune to: Dark, Ghost
Light is weak to: Dragon, Light

Gale Wing Srock: Approved
smashlloyd20: Approved - rep standings are automatically updated so you don't need to claim them here

quote="JJayyFeather, post: 7159852, member: 283002"]Raging Shore NM: SUCCESS!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...tle-and-jayelt413.3584364/page-2#post-7159821

Glyph of X-Scissor: Raises the power of X-Scissor by 2
Scythe of Northern Winds: Raises the power of Flying-type and Ice-type moves by 5, and raises the base power of Icy Wind by 3.
Zephyr's Ice: Quest Item. "The heart of Syclant..."
Badge of Justice x2

The BoV makes my total for BoV 3.

Fort Colorcastle you should come basically copy this and change the BoV total :P[/quote]

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Boop!

Alright then, let's work from the top. Claiming:

Glyph of Dragon Rage: Allows the user to Chill and use Dragon Rage in the same action. The energy cost for Dragon Rage is paid after the energy restore from Chill takes effect.
Glyph of Dual Chop: Causes Dual Chop to always crit whenever it is used the action after another physical Dragon-type attack was used, and increases its accuracy by 10%.
Glyph of Miracle Eye: Causes any Dark-type Pokemon affected by the user's Miracle Eye to take supereffective damage from Psychic-type moves. This effect does not apply if the target would already be weak to Psychic-type moves because of a secondary typing.
Glyph of Extrasensory: Causes Extrasensory to generate a high amount of threat.

Dragonstrike: Raises the power of Dragon-type moves by 7 and the holder's Attack rank by 2, and grants the holder immunity to confusion. If the holder uses a physical Dragon-type move, it can also use Dragon Dance or Swords Dance in the same action, without paying the energy cost for these moves. If the holder does so, both Dragon Dance and Swords Dance are disabled until the end of the battle (regardless of which one was used), and the stage boosts do not decay at the end of the round. Increases the holder's Threshold by 1.
Eye of Doomed Visions: Raises the power of Psychic-type moves by 7 and the holder's Sp. Attack rank by 2. Reduces the energy cost of Future Sight by 2 and raises its power by 2. While the holder's target is under the effects of the holder's Future Sight, all of the holder's Psychic-type attacking moves against it will cause the holder's allies to regenerate 2 energy. Increases the holder's Threshold by 1.

Eye of Divinity: Quest item

I'll also claim from the Quest, Trial of Light

Dreamer's Staff: Raises the power of Dragon-type, Light-type, Psychic-type, and Water-type attacks by 9, increases the healing done by Heal Pulse by 8 and reduces the energy cost of Bubble Shield by 3. (NOTE: This item will replace the previous version with the same name)

Oh, and between the Quest and the raid itself, I'll also grab +7 Badges of Light, for a total of 13 of the things.

And finally, -2 CC for Greninja to grab Shadow Mend. Since there are many timeframes in which you can discover that move is missing, and I don't care to explore them :P

Last edited:
Chapter 14 Complete!

Eh...except for the flavor, but I'll get to that soon enough.

Badges of Light: 1+5 (Raid)+2 (Quest)=8

Glyph of Dragon Rage: Allows the user to Chill and use Dragon Rage in the same action. The energy cost for Dragon Rage is paid after the energy restore from Chill takes effect.
Glyph of Dual Chop: Causes Dual Chop to always crit whenever it is used the action after another physical Dragon-type attack was used, and increases its accuracy by 10%.
Glyph of Miracle Eye: Causes any Dark-type Pokemon affected by the user's Miracle Eye to take supereffective damage from Psychic-type moves. This effect does not apply if the target would already be weak to Psychic-type moves because of a secondary typing.
Glyph of Extrasensory: Causes Extrasensory to generate a high amount of threat.

Dragonstrike: Raises the power of Dragon-type moves by 7 and the holder's Attack rank by 2, and grants the holder immunity to confusion. If the holder uses a physical Dragon-type move, it can also use Dragon Dance or Swords Dance in the same action, without paying the energy cost for these moves. If the holder does so, both Dragon Dance and Swords Dance are disabled until the end of the battle (regardless of which one was used), and the stage boosts do not decay at the end of the round. Increases the holder's Threshold by 1.
Eye of Doomed Visions: Raises the power of Psychic-type moves by 7 and the holder's Sp. Attack rank by 2. Reduces the energy cost of Future Sight by 2 and raises its power by 2. While the holder's target is under the effects of the holder's Future Sight, all of the holder's Psychic-type attacking moves against it will cause the holder's allies to regenerate 2 energy. Increases the holder's Threshold by 1.

Quest Complete!
Dreamer's Staff: Raises the power of Dragon-type, Light-type, Psychic-type, and Water-type attacks by 9, increases the healing done by Heal Pulse by 8 and reduces the energy cost of Bubble Shield by 3. (NOTE: This item will replace the previous version with the same name)

Reputation Maxxed

===============================
Purchasing Dispel for my Aurorus, Elise. I'll also expend a Tome of Comet to teach Aurorus Comet.

Currency Counters: 71-2=69

Tomes of Comet: 4-1=3

That will be it!
==============================
EDIT: Nope. Buying all the purchaseable glyphs from the Custodians of Time Quartermaster, except for one.

Glyph of Fell Stinger: Causes Fell Stinger to always raise the user's Attack Stage by 2, and to raise the user's Attack Stage to the max if the target is knocked out.
Glyph of Baby-Doll Eyes: Baby-Doll Eyes will no longer lower the target's Attack. Instead, it will force the target to attack the user (like Taunt). Increases the base energy cost of Baby-Doll Eyes by 2.
Glyph of Cross Chop: Raises the critical damage bonus of Cross Chop by 3, its critical hit stage by 1, and increases its accuracy by a flat 15%.
Glyph of Will-O-Wisp: Causes the burn induced by Will-O-Wisp to last 3 more actions on bosses.
Glyph of Drill Peck: Increases the power of Drill Peck by 2.
Glyph of Double Hit: Increases the power of Double Hit by 2 (for each hit).
Glyph of Sludge: Gives Sludge a 20% chance to grant the user Clearcasting, reducing the energy cost of the next special attacking move by 100% and causing it to always land a critical hit.

Currency Counters: 69-7*5=34

NOTE: For the glyphs to be approved my PC from January 3rd must be approved first, as otherwise I don't have the CC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)