Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread+Rewards system Included [Update RE: Training Items]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepting Texas Cloverleaf 's challenge!

"The sun may have set, but hope will rise again" That was part of a novel I wrote. I absolutely love writing about the close bonds between the Trainers who come here and the Pokémon they train. Could I use you and your Pokémon as a subject?

3v3 Gym Singles (Challenger PMs 3 Pokemon, Gym Leader PMs 6 Pokemon)
2 days DQ
Arena: Forlorn Graveyard
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Abilities = One
Substitute Orders: 2
No Mega Evolutions
Sending order is randomly decided.

Maxim, accepting your challenge!

"The Blaziken dashed forward, its heart burning and beating alongside its trainer's" That was part of a novel I wrote. I absolutely love writing about the close bonds between the Trainers who come here and the Pokémon they train. Could I use you and your Pokémon as a subject?

2 days DQ
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Abilities = One
No Mega Evolutions

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Taking Texas Cloverleaf vs zarator. PM me mons.

Also, small FYI: Arena for the Fire Gym is done and approved. Gym should be open in the next days or so. Prepare your Tyrantrum and Kingdras or something like that.

Queue:

- Leader Maxim vs AOPSUser (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)

- Leader Waterwarrior vs SubwayJ (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Pwnemon vs Rediamond (Unaccepted)
- Leader Rediamond vs Geodude6 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Waterwarrior vs Dogfish44 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Birkal vs deadfox081 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Waterwarrior vs. starwarsfan (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)

- Leader zarator vs Maxim

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guess what's open??

This thing's open.

The Flying Gym is also open but I couldn't find a cool pic for that one, happy hunting!

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
CHALLENGING BLUBJECTION

Challenging Pwnemon again because why not
B7P4v4 Doubles
2 Subs per Pokemon
3 Day DQ
Items ON
5 Chills / 2 recovers
No Megas
All Abilities
Switch = OK
Blind simultaneous Switch after every round and before the first; PM the ref; you can switch both Pokemon
challenger orders first round 1

Accepting Geodude.

3 v 3 Gym Singles
3 Day DQ
9 Chills | 3 Recovers PER TEAM
0 Mega Evolutions
Arena=Relic Castle
Items=On
Abilities=All
Switch=OK
Final Destination, Fox Only

Sorry Pwnemon, but I don't feel comfortable accepting challenges until my arena has been tested. It is currently being tested in a 6v6 doubles match. Once that is over and I have decided whether or not to make adjustments to my arena (and gotten any such adjustments approved), it's on like Donkey Kong.

Frosty

=_=
*gulp*

Taking:
zarator vs Maxim
Pwnemon vs Rediamond
Rediamond vs Geodude6

Queue:

Challenging waterwarrior!
... when the queue allows me to. I may change my challenge by the time that happens, though...

Queue:

- Leader Waterwarrior vs. tavok (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
a) Gym slot is basically an extra battle slot once you have enough FEs, with smart opponents guaranteed (!)
b) I have no reputation to defend, nothing to prove, and no desire to shoot for the top - though I'll still play for the win.
c) Frosty says anyone who challenges him gets a free chocolate muffin, with a chocolate milkshake thrown in. So why not?

Challenging the Fire Gym!

Queue:

- Leader Frosty vs ZhengTann (Unaccepted)

Frosty

=_=

a) Gym slot is basically an extra battle slot once you have enough FEs, with smart opponents guaranteed (!)
b) I have no reputation to defend, nothing to prove, and no desire to shoot for the top - though I'll still play for the win.
c) Frosty says anyone who challenges him gets a free chocolate muffin, with a chocolate milkshake thrown in. So why not?

Challenging the Fire Gym!

Queue:
- Leader Frosty vs ZhengTann (Unaccepted)
Arena: Lost Woods

Following the instructions of the Gym League people, ZhengTann rent a Gogoat, mount it and enter a strange forest. "Search for the Sound of Music", the instructions said.

"What a strange advice. How can I find Music in these Woods?"​

Still, ZhengTann heard that the Fire Gym was an easy target, so he moves on. Somewhere in the trail, he feels...weird, as if he were not there anymore...or as if "there" wasn't there anymore.

"The guardians are uneasy..."​

ZhengTann and hisrented Gogoat continue to move forward, following the trail. He can find footprints of many species...and yet doesn't recognize any of them. Also, the woods seem to...shine? Despite being really late, there are enough sources of light around, allowing him to see your way quite clearly.

"There is a wicked magic going on here..."​

After a good hour, the trail divides into two. Before falling to despair, ZhengTann manages to hear a faint sound. A song of sorts. Well...strap me a bow and call me Snubbull, music in the woods. He decides to follow it and in no time he finds...

GAAAAHHH!!!

ZhengTann yells, after seeing the such an odd kid. Needless to say, his Gogoat fled before you could say "what the fuck".

"Heheh, Are you looking for someone, big guy?" - The kid asks.

"I am looking for the Fire Gym Leader."​

"I don't know any 'Fire Gym Leader', Tee Hee Heee! But if you want some fire, there is this guy here who has been wandering around for quite some time. He was with a strange Fox with Nine Tails and a Flaming big Pig. Maybe he is the one you are looking for? If so just follow the music." - The kid says.

After thanking the kid you follow the music, running as fast as you can for some time when suddenly...

THUD

"Ouch! That hurts! You should pay attention!"​

"Sorry! I was looking for the Fire Gym Leader. I was told that he was here"​

"Ah, then look no further, I am the guy you are looking for. I am Frosty, Fire Gym Leader, owner of the Bonfire Badge, at your service"​

"Great! Then let's head to your gym so we can battle!"​

"Well...here is the thing. I heard that there is some kind of abandoned temple here from where this music is supposed to come, so I thought I might as well open my gym there, since I like music and why not? But I can't seem to find it haha. So we will battle here! Just don't disturb the fairies and spirits of the woods and you will be fine trust me you won't want to disturb them. Also...erm...can we battle while running? I don't think staying put here is the best idea *gulp*"​

ZhengTann takes a good while to check his surroundings and notices the following aspects of the Woods:

- There is a water pond, grass source, some rocks and you can see the sky. And the sun is starting to raise and shine amid the treetops. Every move can be used here, with the sole exception of Fissure, as that will probably disturb the woods, and that would be bad. Also, you don't think you will manage to summon Hail or Sandstorm without the respective stones;
- Dense Woods means that spread moves (Surf, Hyper Voice, Lava Plume, Heat Wave, Blizzard, Rock Slide etc etc etc) won't....spread that easily. Also, the sturdy roots weaken the power of EQ, Bulldoze and Magnitude. Spread moves will have the damage dealt multiplied by 0.67 instead of just the bap by 0.75 when used in doubles+;
- No move or ability or item, with the sole exception of Fake Out, can Flinch. All pokemons are already scared enough at the Woods, they won't pay attention at trickery for the most part.
- You are in the middle of a forest, so Grassy Terrain is always up, stacking with other "terrains".
- The battle occurs in movement, as both you and the dumb gym leader are trying to escape the dangerous woods. Because of that, hazards (Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes) have no effect and moves such as Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Magic Room, Trick Room, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm, Water sport, Mud sport have their duration lowered by 1 round/3 actions as they won't be able to keep up with you for that long.
- Fairies are everywhere and can be summoned at will by any pokemon for assistance. Every pokemon can use the move "dazzling gleam".
- Finally, the free spirits like being...well...free, and won't let any one take that from them. Because of that the ability "Air Lock" is negated by the wicked magic that is around. Be happy that you didn't turn into a pig.

"You are quite the observer, haha. It seems that you are ready, so let's begin this. En Garde!"​

Summary
- All moves, except for Fissure, can be used. Hail and Sand can't be summoned without the respective stones.
- Instead of using the 0.75 BAP multiplier, the entire damage dealt by a spread move is multiplied by 0.67. So the formula is: ((BAP [Ignore standard spread modifier] *Screens + stuff - stuff)*Weakness/Resistance+Stat Stage Differences+Item/Ability/Weather Effects)*0.67 = Damage
- No flinches (except for fake out)
- Hazards are useless and other field effects's duration is lowered by 1 round/3 actions
- Grassy Terrain is always up, stacking with others if needs be
- Every pokemon can use Dazzling Gleam.
- Air Lock has no effect.

"I hope you like roasted marshmallows as your pokemon will get close to being one haha!"

5 v 5 Gym Triples
3 Day DQ
Infinite Chill/Recovery
2 Mega Evolutions
Arena=Lost Woods
Items=On
Abilities=All
Switch=OK
Turn Order determined by Coin Flip

Queue:
- Leader Frosty vs ZhengTann (Accepted)

Accepting youngjake93 's challenge!

"There is no life without hope". That was part of a novel I wrote. I absolutely love writing about the close bonds between the Trainers who come here and the Pokémon they train. Could I use you and your Pokémon as a subject?

2 days DQ
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Abilities = One
No Mega Evolutions

EDIT:

Queue:
- Leader Frosty vs ZhengTann
- Leader Zarator vs youngjake93

An elderly man stands with his Gogoat in front of the sign that indicates the location of the Fire Gym. "Lost Woods. Beware of fairies."
"Surely it cannot be that hard to find the way."
Was he ever wrong.

Challenging Frosty of the Fire Gym!

Queue:
- Leader Frosty vs Canis Majoris(Unaccepted)

Challenging Texas Cloverleaf of the Dragon Gym.

Queue:

- Leader Texas Cloverleaf vs Mulan15262(Unaccepted)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Accepting.

Format: 3v3 Singles (Leader brings 6)
DQ Time: 3 Days
Arena: The First Lair
Switch: OK
Items: OK
Abilities: ALL
Substitutions: 2 per Pokemon
Chills/Recovers: 5/2 per Pokemon
Mega Pokemon: 0
Turn Order: Coin Flip

Reffing Frosty vs Zheng and Zarator vs Jake.

- Leader Texas Cloverleaf vs Mulan15262

I'll ref Texas Cloverleaf vs Mulan15262

Frosty

=_=
An elderly man stands with his Gogoat in front of the sign that indicates the location of the Fire Gym. "Lost Woods. Beware of fairies."
"Surely it cannot be that hard to find the way."
Was he ever wrong.

Challenging Frosty of the Fire Gym!

Queue:
Arena: Lost Woods

Following the instructions of the Gym League people, Michael Helix rent a Gogoat, mount it and enter a strange forest. "Search for the Sound of Music", the instructions said.

"What a strange advice. How can I find Music in these Woods?"​

Still, Michael Helix heard that the Fire Gym was an easy target, so he moves on. Somewhere in the trail, he feels...weird, as if he were not there anymore...or as if "there" wasn't there anymore.

"Hmmm...this does not bode well"​

Michael Helix and his rented Gogoat continue to move forward, following the trail. He can find footprints of many species...and yet doesn't recognize any of them. Also, the woods seem to...shine? Despite being really late, there are enough sources of light around, allowing him to see your way quite clearly.

"These woods could use some fire on them..."​

After a good hour, the trail divides into two. Before falling to despair, Michael Helix manages to hear a faint sound. A song of sorts. Well...strap me a bow and call me Snubbull, music in the woods. He decides to follow it and in no time he finds...

GAAAAHHH!!!

Michael Helix yells, after seeing the such an odd kid. Needless to say, his Gogoat fled before you could say "what the fuck".

"Heheh, Are you looking for someone, big guy?" - The kid asks.

"I am looking for the Fire Gym Leader."​

"I don't know any 'Fire Gym Leader', Tee Hee Heee! But if you want some fire, there is this guy here who has been wandering around for quite some time. He was with a strange Fox with Nine Tails and a Flaming big Pig. Maybe he is the one you are looking for? If so just follow the music." - The kid says.

After thanking the kid you follow the music, running as fast as you can for some time when suddenly...

THUD

"Ouch! That hurts! You should pay attention!"​

"Same to you. I was looking for the Fire Gym Leader. I was told that he was here"​

"Ah, then look no further, I am the guy you are looking for. I am Frosty, Fire Gym Leader, owner of the Bonfire Badge, at your service"​

"Finally. Are you ready to prove your worth?"​

"Well...here is the thing. I heard that there is some kind of abandoned temple here from where this music is supposed to come, so I thought I might as well open my gym there, since I like music and why not? But I can't seem to find it haha. So we will battle here! Just don't disturb the fairies and spirits of the woods and you will be fine trust me you won't want to disturb them. Also...erm...can we battle while running? I don't think staying put here is the best idea *gulp*"​

Michael Helix takes a good while to check his surroundings and notices the following aspects of the Woods:

- There is a water pond, grass source, some rocks and you can see the sky. And the sun is starting to raise and shine amid the treetops. Every move can be used here, with the sole exception of Fissure, as that will probably disturb the woods, and that would be bad. Also, you don't think you will manage to summon Hail or Sandstorm without the respective stones;
- Dense Woods means that spread moves (Surf, Hyper Voice, Lava Plume, Heat Wave, Blizzard, Rock Slide etc etc etc) won't....spread that easily. Also, the sturdy roots weaken the power of EQ, Bulldoze and Magnitude. Spread moves will have the damage dealt multiplied by 0.67 instead of just the bap by 0.75 when used in doubles+;
- No move or ability or item, with the sole exception of Fake Out, can Flinch. All pokemons are already scared enough at the Woods, they won't pay attention at trickery for the most part.
- You are in the middle of a forest, so Grassy Terrain is always up, stacking with other "terrains".
- The battle occurs in movement, as both you and the dumb gym leader are trying to escape the dangerous woods. Because of that, hazards (Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes) have no effect and moves such as Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, Magic Room, Trick Room, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm, Water sport, Mud sport have their duration lowered by 1 round/3 actions as they won't be able to keep up with you for that long.
- Fairies are everywhere and can be summoned at will by any pokemon for assistance. Every pokemon can use the move "dazzling gleam".
- Finally, the free spirits like being...well...free, and won't let any one take that from them. Because of that the ability "Air Lock" is negated by the wicked magic that is around. Be happy that you didn't turn into a pig.

"You are quite the observer, haha. It seems that you are ready, so let's begin this. En Garde!"​

Summary
- All moves, except for Fissure, can be used. Hail and Sand can't be summoned without the respective stones.
- Instead of using the 0.75 BAP multiplier, the entire damage dealt by a spread move is multiplied by 0.67. So the formula is: ((BAP [Ignore standard spread modifier] *Screens + stuff - stuff)*Weakness/Resistance+Stat Stage Differences+Item/Ability/Weather Effects)*0.67 = Damage
- No flinches (except for fake out)
- Hazards are useless and other field effects's duration is lowered by 1 round/3 actions
- Grassy Terrain is always up, stacking with others if needs be
- Every pokemon can use Dazzling Gleam.
- Air Lock has no effect.

"Let's see how well you can stand the heat!"

5 v 5 Gym Triples
3 Day DQ
Infinite Chill/Recovery
0 Mega Evolutions
Arena=Lost Woods
Items=On
Abilities=All
Switch=OK
Turn Order determined by Coin Flip

Queue:
- Leader Frosty vs Canis Majoris(Accepted)

Hmm...I just barely lost to one really good Gym Leader on a broken arena, so if I challenge a really good Gym Leader on a less broken arena, I should be fine, right?

Issuing a challenge to Its_A_Random of the Ground Gym!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Hmm...I just barely lost to one really good Gym Leader on a broken arena, so if I challenge a really good Gym Leader on a less broken arena, I should be fine, right?

Issuing a challenge to Its_A_Random of the Ground Gym!

"In the world of motor racing, strategy is everything; you could have the car but without the strategy, you cannot possibly hope to win. I like to apply this philosophy to my Pokémon battling as well, as without a good strategy, you cannot possibly win! So Dummy007 I must ask, do you have a strategy? One that can help you get the most out of your team? Enough talk. I guess it is time to take our starting positions & get ready for the lights to go out!"

4v4 Singles (Leader brings 7, chooses 4)
3 Day Player DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokémon
3 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Abilities = ALL
Items = ON; No "Training Items" Permitted
Mega Evolutions = ZERO
Turn Order = Coin-Flip
Arena = Ground Gym

QUEUE
- Leader waterwarrior vs SubwayJ (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader waterwarrior vs Dogfish44 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader waterwarrior vs. starwarsfan (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader waterwarrior vs. tavok (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Frosty vs Canis Majoris
- Leader Its_A_Random vs. Dummy007

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We (the gym committee) decided on this like a week ago but we were too lazy to do anything

You may now challenge two Gyms at a time, and have two gym challenge slots available to you.

However, with respect to the queue, challengers without a current challenge will receive priority over challengers with an ongoing challenge.

I recommend the queue be structured in two parts, "no current challenge" and "current challenge."

ex. current queue

QUEUE
- Leader waterwarrior vs SubwayJ (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader waterwarrior vs Dogfish44 (Unaccepted, Excess Challenge)
- Leader Rediamon vs Zarator (Unaccepted)

would hypothetically become (assuming the above individuals had ongoing challenges)

Queue
No Ongoing Challenge (priority reffing)
- Leader waterwarrior vs SubwayJ
- Leader waterwarrior vs Dogfish44
- Leader Birkal vs deadfox081

Ongoing Challenge
- Leader Rediamon vs Zarator (Unaccepted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)