Artist Spotlights & Artist Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! This is just a small announcement about something the social media crew used to do a while back, called the Artist Spotlights. We'd have an artist briefly introduce themselves, pick out some of their favorite pokemon-related artwork, and we'd wrap all of that up in a social media post along with a link to their smogon art thread or any other relevant links. And we're bringing them back!

These are going to be monthly, and I'd like to pair them up with a longer interview/casual chat that we'd also host in a studio thread of its own (think player interviews from other various tier subforums). To repeat, we'll be doing:

-A social media post with a brief introduction from the artist and a selection of pokemon-related pieces of their choice
-A follow up interview/discussion
about yourself, and any other topic you'd want to bring up really. I don't want to be too formal with it, and after I post our talk in a dedicated studio thread for these interviews, I'd love to also open up the thread to questions from everyone, so we can have an open conversation going following the interview as well.

If you're a badged artist and interested in participating, please feel free to reach out and throw me a PM on the forums! After I get a good amount of replies, I'll run the list through a randomizer and we'll go with the given order so everything stays fair. Looking forward to hearing from you and starting up a new project!

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Hey everyone, we're reopening artist spotlights! Just like before, these are monthly brief social media posts intended to introduce the artist, alongside longer interviews that'd be hosted in a Smeargle's Studio thread. If you're a badged artist that's interested in participating, feel free to PM me on either the forums or discord! We'll be posting the list of artists we'll be going through after we hit a decent number of replies. ty for reading and hoping to hear from you guys! :>

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Heyo, it's been about 3 weeks since the reopening of artist interviews, here's the current list we'll be going through:

1. Albatross
2. Swiffix
3. Ciran

Artist spotlights and arterviews are staying open, so feel free to text me or any of the other mods if you're a badged artist and want to participate!

The first interview+spotlight should come out by November :>

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hihi Smeargle's Studio and Laptop, we're pleased to let you know that artist interviews are now open once again! We'll be going through the same process seen in this thread, so if you're a badged artist interested in participating, please dm a Smeargle's Studio mod here or on Discord. We'll be compiling a list of those interested, and will start this year's round of interviews!

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
well well well... I didn't have a computer for over a month! But I do now. So, let's let the interviews finally commence!

the order is as follows:
1) Pissog
2) sharpclaw
3) Albatross
4) Clementine
5) Sunfished
6) deetah
7) Gravity Monkey
8) Quanyails
9) uppa
Ooo) Kiwi

Anyone else who wants to be added still can -- just dm me or a fellow mod to get in on it. They'll start rolling out some time in January, starting after Christmas in consideration of the celebrations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)