Tournament Archetype Emulator (Won by Amane Misa)

Sickist vs. gum
Moron5 vs. xapx
Estarossa vs. Rawbi
Smoochyena vs. tom holland
Amane Misa vs. BlueWinds
Jacobikko vs. LuluDzn
Smallsmallrose vs. Scizorphobic
Shaad Skyel vs. Wolfein
LLH vs. PhantomHurious
Mindnight vs. Ieki
Celebiii vs. Daiyaga
Dracomenace vs. Velvet Blood

Within the next hour I will have gone around to everyone to start a conversation with the Pokemon and archetype you have been given to build with. This process has been completely randomized. If you have not recieved a PM after this time period tag or message me. You all have till the end of next Sunday to get your first rounds finished, if an extension is required then do ask. Be sure to post your replay either in this thread or PM myself or BackAtYouBro to prove you won. Finally, if you wish to still sign up you may still do so and you'll be added as a substitute. Best of luck to everyone!​

Last edited:
could I get a link to the definitions y'all are using for the archetypes just to make sure we're all on the same page?
We don't have a link but I could give you some simple definitions.

Bulky Offense: A highly prominent archetype, Bulky Offense incorporates what the name implies: a strong mixture of both offensive Pokémon, defensive, or Pokémon that share both qualities. What differentiates Bulky Offense is that in most cases it tries not to sacrifice momentum for bulk and usually maintains a solid defensive backbone while still being able to dish out some damage.

Balance/Semistall: Balance is widely seen to be more on the bulkier side of teams. Not on the levels of Stall, but Balance tends to use bulk over momentum. Some Balances tend to incorporate a bulky wincon that the rest of the team is built around (Suicune, SubRoost Kyurem, Mega Steelix). Balance is mostly built through a bulkier core that isn't typically seen on something say Bulky Offense. Semistall on the other hand can be known as fat Balance. These kinds of teams fall under Balance but they're mainly built around a traditional Stall core. These teams are nonetheless known to be Balance teams.

Stall: The fattest archetype of them all, Stall is the most slow paced and defensive archetype featured. Stall uses a team full of bulky, defensive, and occasionally a faster and frailer Pokémon to outlast the opposing Pokémon and check their team while all the while spreading status and PP stalling them in order to nullify their offensive counterplay. Almost every stall uses the special wall Blissey to stomach every special attack alongside an Unaware user to neuter stat boosts.

Hyper Offense: On the contrary, Hyper Offense shows itself to be the fastest and most offensive archetype in the metagame. Hyper Offense quickly lays down hazards and/or Screens and rely on powerful wallbreakers and sweepers to swiftly end the game against the opponent. Since most Hyper Offensive teams cannot afford to run traditional hazard removal, they use Taunt and Magic Bounce (from specifically Xatu) to prevent the opponent from ever laying down hazards against them while also using spinblockers and Defiant user (mainly Bisharp) to prevent and discourage removal from the opponent's side. Hyper Offense also usually includes a suicide lead whose main purpose is to lay down hazards, prevent the opponent from doing the same and then removing themselves from the field while possibly taking out a Pokémon with them.

Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
Alright, Round One is now over! Congratulations to everyone that has advanced! Consider the first round to be a warmup, because things will only get crazier from now on. Now before we begin, an archetype will now be removed from play for the remainder of the tournament. With 7 users each, Bulky Offense and Stall were both tied as the most used archetypes of Round One. Twilight did a coin-flip to determine which archetype was going to be shafted:

Unfortunately, Stall is living for another day, and the most prominent archetype of all of UnderUsed has been removed off the randomizer. Things will only get more chaotic from here. And with the passing of a dominant playstyle, a more niche archetype has appeared to take its place. It’s none other than:

Sticky Web

Sticky Web is a form of Offense that utilizes Sticky Web, a hazard that reduces all opposing grounded Pokemon’s Speed by one stage. These teams abuse this hazard by allowing slower wallbreakers and cleaners that trade speed for power. When their biggest hindrance in slow speed is remedied by this hazard, these Pokémon can be devastating to face. The most prominent and viable setter of Sticky Web is Araquanid, but in the wise words of vivalospride, anything can work as a suicide Sticky Web lead. The randomizer now will select from Balance, Stall, Hyper Offense, and Sticky Web. Now without further ado, here are your lineups!

Daiyaga vs Estarossa
Smallsmallrose vs LLH
LuluDzn vs Shaad Skyel

Mindnight vs gum
Dracomenace vs Amane Misa
xapx vs Wigglytuff

Alright everyone who’s still in the tournament, check your conversations within the next hour and you’ll see what the randomizer has matched you with. You all have until June 30th to get your matches done. Be sure to post your replays here or in the PMs to prove that you have won. Make sure once again to validate your team with me and Twilight to confirm that your team matches the randomizer’s requirements. If you need an extension then please request it as soon as possible. Have fun and good luck!​

Making this post because as far as I am concerned a few of you haven't attempted to schedule your games.

Smallsmallrose and LLH I have no evidence I can see of your game having been scheduled.

LuluDzn and Shaad Skyel there seems to be only one way communication here. Where Lulu hasn't responded to a time to play.

Mindnight and gum similar case where I have no proof any confirmation has been made on when to play.

Everyone else I have either seen proof on their wall or have communicated to me a match has been scheduled. If there is no attempt to schedule or activity get called, I'll just proceed to coin flip your matches. If an extension is needed ask. That is all.

Making this post because as far as I am concerned a few of you haven't attempted to schedule your games.

Smallsmallrose and LLH I have no evidence I can see of your game having been scheduled.

LuluDzn and Shaad Skyel there seems to be only one way communication here. Where Lulu hasn't responded to a time to play.

Mindnight and gum similar case where I have no proof any confirmation has been made on when to play.

Everyone else I have either seen proof on their wall or have communicated to me a match has been scheduled. If there is no attempt to schedule or activity get called, I'll just proceed to coin flip your matches. If an extension is needed ask. That is all.
Right, I was really busy with work lately. Will try to schedule with my opp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)