Tournament Archetype Emulator (Won by Amane Misa)

Round 2 is over. There have been a lot of issues with scheduling this week, which I assume can be with regards to all these tournaments going on right now. But do try to schedule your games earlier than later to avoid this.

I am aware that LLH and Smallsmallrose had a lot of issues scheduling due to their timezone difference being incompatible for each other. Seeing as both players attempted to schedule and an extension won't help, I can only coinflip this sorry. Estarossa and Daiyaga you have an extension till Wednesday to finish. gum has been given the activity win for the reasons above. That is all.

Dual Screens
With that out of the way, the most common archetype was Hyper Offense this round so it has been removed from the pool. It has been replaced with Screens, another form of offense to replace the broad archetype. Screens has seen a surge in usage recently and has solidified itself as a very viable archetype. Here are your matchups:

Within the next hour I will have gone around to everyone to start a conversation with the Pokemon and archetype you have been given to build with. This process has been completely randomized. If you have not recieved a PM after this time period tag or message me. You all have till the end of next Sunday to get your first rounds finished, if an extension is required then do ask. Be sure to post your replay either in this thread or PM myself or BackAtYouBro to prove you won. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Alright everyone, there was some scheduling issues once more, but it appears we’ve made it to the Finals. Okay so I am just going to sort out how this is going to work before we get into pairings. Starting with the activity calls, LuluDzn has been given the activity win over gum. You both scheduled a time and both of you missed the initial time, but gum never responded to the last attempt to schedule. Amane Misa has been given the activity win over Smallsmallrose. There seems to have been a lot of scheduling issues, but Rose did not appear for well over an hour after the time both players agreed on. Twilight was in communication with Misa over this time period as proof of activity win.

Ok so things are a little hairy since we have three combatants. So how this is working is the finals will be done Round Robin style. LuluDzn, Wigglytuff, Amane Misa, you will all be fighting each other. First person to win both of their matches wins the tournament. If all 3 of you fail to win both of your matches then the finals will be redone with the most used archetype being replaced again with something even more niche. This also means that you’ll be building 2 different teams against both of your opponents. However you can swap teams and use whichever one you want against your opponents. But other than that, Balance and Sticky Web were the most used archetypes last round. Twilight did a roll and:

Balance has been eliminated from the tournament. So now the next archetype to be presented here is:

Aurora Veil
Aurora Veil has joined the battle. This is has been an archetype that has struggled to make an impact since the conception of Alolan Ninetales’s ban, but it still can be workable despite its shortcomings. These teams require the mandatory partnership of Aurorus and Alolan Sandslash to set Aurora Veil up, with Aurorus laying down Stealth Rock and setting up Hail while Alolan Sandslash sets up Aurora Veil and can Spin opposing hazards away. When effectively set up, Aurora Veil is a Reflect and Light Screen combined into one nasty Screen that enables wallbreakers and sweepers like Scizor and Latias along with more niche ones like Linoone and Venomoth to set up without worrying too much about taking damage. Now the matchups should appear obvious but, here:

Alright I’ll be going around and giving you all the teams you need to build. Check with me and Twilight to make sure your team is good to go. Also be sure to share your replays here or in our PMs as proof of winning your battle. There is no deadline for the finals but I’d recommend you all to battle as quick as you can. Good luck everyone! I’d suggest one of you should win both of your matches, or else things might get a little tricky.

Last edited:
Okay well seeing as you guys managed to reach the scenario of you all winning one match and losing your second, the final round will be redone. In doing so I will send you all another two Mons with a given archetype. Same rules apply.

Webs and Stall were the most used archetypes so I rolled and Webs will be replaced with Trick Room. Set Trick Room and hit things.

Amane Misa vs Wigglytuff
LuluDzn vs Amane Misa
Wigglytuff vs LuluDzn

Alright, I’ll be going around and giving you all the teams you need to build. Check with me and BackAtYouBro to make sure your team is good to go. Also, be sure to share your replays here or in our PMs as proof of winning your battle. There is no deadline for the finals but I’d recommend you all to battle as quick as you can. Good luck everyone! Let's hope we will get a winner second time around ^_^​

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
won vs luludzn, gg

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-948349675

I would like to thank Twilight and BackAtYouBro for hosting the tournament. They did a great job, especially when things came a bit tricky and we had a 3-player finals.

It was a really fun and unique tournament that made me build teams I would never build on my own and I will definitely try my best to join the next version of this tour when it comes.

I’d like to share my condolences here as well. I’ve been a lot less active on the forums and PS due to irl reasons atm but still am grateful that this tournament came into action. Congratulations to Amane Misa for making it all the way to the end and winning. Coming up with this idea was loads of fun but I’d like to thank Twilight for being my partner in crime and creating the randomizer for this tournament. Thank you very much for your dedication and work put into this tournament and to everyone that played and enjoyed this experience! I apologize though if any inconveniences were formed due to this 3 person Finals though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)