Arbok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure Demon

Arbok isn't going to enjoy an Earthquake even if it does have some EVs in defense. Not to mention it doesn't have any reliable recovery options.
Intimidate+coil+impish=arbok laughing at eq
Plus I believe can get rest right

Arbok isn't going to enjoy an Earthquake even if it does have some EVs in defense. Not to mention it doesn't have any reliable recovery options.
...COIL UPS DEFENSE. plus why would you stay in on EQ that would kill, also Claydol, as i stated, gives good coverage for Arbok.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
An Impish Arbok with some Defense EVs and one Coil should be able to at least live one Earthquake IMO.

An Impish Arbok with some Defense EVs and one Coil should be able to at least live one Earthquake IMO.
and with that
*Arbok uses Gunk Shot*
*Pokemon uses EQ*
-Arbok lives-
Arbok uses EQ*
Pokemon Dies
or
Pokemon uses EQ
Arbok Lives and uses Gunk Shot/EQ
Arbok uses Sucker Punch.
Pokemon dies.

OBJECTION!

*table slam*

Do you have any decisive damage calculations to prove your theory? This is not a playground; solid evidence is required!

Please, show me damage calcs that Arbok can comfortably survive switching into a regular physical sweeper!

OBJECTION!

*table slam*

Do you have any decisive damage calculations to prove your theory? This is not a playground; solid evidence is required!

Please, show me damage calcs that Arbok can comfortably survive switching into a regular physical sweeper!
you really didn't read the first set did you... -___-

OBJECTION!

*table slam*

Lol, whoever said he could is wrong. He's not terrible defensively, but most of the time he'd still get stripped of 50% of more of his health from boosted moves, and even when he does he doesn't have much to force them out. Intimate helps though, bu here are some of the calcs you were looking for.

Life Orb Swords Dance (No Swords Dance)

252 Jolly Infernape -1 Fire Punch
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 28.1% - 33.3%

252 Jolly Infernape -1 Flare Blitz
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 44.4% - 52.8%

ScarfTar

252 Jolly Tyranitar -1 Earthquake
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 45.7% - 54.3%

Banded TTar

252 Adamant Tyranitar -1 Crunch
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 44.8% - 53.1%

252 Adamant Tyranitar -1 Earthquake
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 75.3% - 88.9%

Lead Aerodactyl

252 Jolly Aerodactyl -1 Earthquake
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 38.9% - 46.3%

DD Dragonite

52 Adamant Dragonite Dragon Claw
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 39.2% - 46.3%

CB Flygon

252 Jolly Flygon -1 Earthquake
vs. 252/252 Arbok : 56.2% - 66.7%

Interesting. Most of those look fairly comfortable, but SR and Spikes could be big factors... and the physical sweepers this generation are looking stronger than ever.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
252 HP/40 attack/216 speed Jolly @ Leftovers
Shed Skin

-Rest
-Coil
-Poison Tail
-Earthquake

I don't understand the 140 attack/150 defense spread. Seems really weird. More HP means you can take hits from both sides, speed outspeeds absol, and rest goes into attack.

Best is to max defenses and hp so you can set up.

Why poison tail when coil increases accuracy? PP has never been an importnat aspect of the game, except in ubers, and even then not too much (especially not anymore, when many pokemon learn new abilities besides pressure)

Best is to max defenses and hp so you can set up.

Why poison tail when coil increases accuracy? PP has never been an importnat aspect of the game, except in ubers, and even then not too much (especially not anymore, when many pokemon learn new abilities besides pressure)
Tell me...if you running a wall set why would you run a STAB move with 8 pp...

Coil fixes Glares accuracy and is the way i would go.

Careful Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Shed Skin
252 HP/252 SpDef
Coil
Glare
Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
Earthquake

Good in NU to build up as an offensive tank. Shed Skin stops status (burn mainly). If I'm not mistaken, Glare hits Ghost types? Just be sure to eliminate Levitating Steels with Magneton, Probopass or Shandera's pre-evolution.

Coil fixes Glares accuracy and is the way i would go.

Careful Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Shed Skin
252 HP/252 SpDef
Coil
Glare
Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
Earthquake

Good in NU to build up as an offensive tank. Shed Skin stops status (burn mainly). If I'm not mistaken, Glare hits Ghost types? Just be sure to eliminate Levitating Steels with Magneton, Probopass or Shandera's pre-evolution.

Yes glare hits ghost types but what does that have to do with anything O_e also glare acc got a boost to 90% so it really didn't need it :P

Interesting. Most of those look fairly comfortable, but SR and Spikes could be big factors... and the physical sweepers this generation are looking stronger than ever.
but thats a 252/252 Arbok... meaning 252 Hp 252 Def, which he would never run.

and IcyDreams don't self bump if you have nothing to add, not to mention double posting.

why, pray tell, are we running damage calcs against OU threats against Arbok? Arbok could never hope to go above UU with its stats... Especially since the calcs use an unreasonable EV spread.

I'm with Surskit, their set has some potential. Coil up and ko what you can, glare and bail what you can't

Tell me...if you running a wall set why would you run a STAB move with 8 pp...
You'd need to pull off a minimum of 13 attacks for poison jab to become more beneficial. If you're that walled, you better switch, or spend some turns using coil rather than constantly attacking.

why, pray tell, are we running damage calcs against OU threats against Arbok? Arbok could never hope to go above UU with its stats... Especially since the calcs use an unreasonable EV spread.

I'm with Surskit, their set has some potential. Coil up and ko what you can, glare and bail what you can't
I was using the calacs to show just how unable Arbok is to switch into 90% of the games big threats, as someone earlier had claimed he could. With Coil he's actually got some decent bulkiness, and has decent enough stats to see OU usage thanks to a nice defensive boost and some good resistances. I don't think he'll BE OU, but that won't keep me from using him there. I say he might get the bump up to BL depending on what the UU enviornment looks like.

Besides this is sooo early, no one can tell what's what, and we shouldn't even talk OU BL UU. I was just doing calcs based on the best of the best. The only reason I didn't do a Groudon calc or something was because Groudon will stay Uber. Always.

You'd need to pull off a minimum of 13 attacks for poison jab to become more beneficial. If you're that walled, you better switch, or spend some turns using coil rather than constantly attacking.
I said why would YOU run a stab 8 pp move as your only stab on a ARBOK'S wall set.

-___- you don't get it. If you run a wall Arbok you would like to have a STAB move with lots of pp so you can attack longer if that's your only move.

Arbok can't really function as a wall anyway. It takes special hits like sandcastles take water, and whilst it's Coiling Up you can just switch in and smash it in the face with an Alakazam/Gardevoir/Azelf/what have you. You could run Sucker Punch but there goes a slot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)