Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SV OU

Ina fable

Ando bien Inflamable
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Signup Format: SV OU
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: returned march 19 2024
Username: TonezofFun
PS! Username: T0nezOfFun
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: saturday and sunday 7-10 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Got back into competitive after a long break since XY/ORAS. Have the team building down somewhat, but feel my play is hindering my experience.

Still the same as before***

Last edited:
Username: Zick Darkhaos
PS! Username: Zick Darkhaos
Your timezone:
GMT
Monday through Thursday after work, at around 7 PM until the rest of the day.
I started playing years ago, since around XY, because my best friend played competitively and I wanted to join in. I never excelled at it and mostly saw my friend play or played exclusively random battles, but I started playing more actively during SM with an electric Monotype team I was really proud of. I dropped off for a while because I was severely disappointed with SwSh but would later find out the competitive scene was apparently better than ever and so I started following channels like Freezai (it's mostly Freezai) without really playing myself and just keeping up with the meta, bans and new strategies. Now I wanna play for real, go big, and I'd like a helping hand. Also my PS! account has been the same for years but I never actually made a Smogon account until now so that's why it's new but I swear I've been here long.
Yes

Username: Doomer
PS! Username: Hongkongisacountry
Your timezone: GMT+11
Usual Hours of Availability: 2pm-10pm Weekends and 5pm-8pm Weekdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive pokemon back in SS and was a dedicated stall player, with stall being nerfed in gen 9 (mostly recovery move PP), I am struggling with SV OU's offensive meta without my most familiar archetype. I have no real sense of what's the line between balance and offense teams and struggle to build such teams. I have mostly used hyper offense in SV OU but quite frankly I've just been making Glimorra+( 4 offensive mons)+ Kingambit teams.
Yes, Dumbest_Lord on Discord

Username: Zydrek
PS! Username: xenzyu / out of charges
Your timezone: GMT +00:00
Usual Hours of Availability: 1 to 2 hours per day if not more
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I don't have much but i have a lot of will. I do a lot of gen 9 random battles in PS! lately, i understand the basics of pokémon such as natures, types, team frame, covers but my mechanics/art of playing is too unorganized so having a mentor that could boost my knowledge and understanding would be great (: Would like to join tournaments futurely
Are you able to use Discord?: yeah, name's zaktur

Last edited:
Username: AceMoB10
PS! Username: Ackronu
Usual Hours of Availability: perferably 4-9 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played pokemon showdown for fun back in 2021-22 a bit, mainly random battles because i was horrible at team building. I have come back to start doing OU, and currently i'm doing pretty bad, having a hard time with team building and are low ladder.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes Maho_Faust

Last edited:
Username: codsan921
PS! Username: jkjjjjjk
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday and Wednesday 6pm-7pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have started playing competitive pokemon back in generation 8 and took a long break when generation 9 came out. I have been struggling on team building and the concepts around it so having help in customizing a team would be nice. I have always been struggling with making a good team ever since I started playing because I have no idea on the frameworks of making a strong team. So I would like to know what makes a good viable team and what I need to do to accomplish that.
Yes Syion_

Last edited:
Username: xRaIIInMaker15
PS! Username: xRaIIInMaker15
Your timezone: UTC+08:00
Usual Hours of Availability :7pm-9pm on weekdays, more flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I just started last year when I played GBA Rom hack called Radical Red. Avid Pokemon gamer since GBA days (Before SP), started playing Leaf green, then Emerald. I became interested when my coworker told me pokemon showdown and how competitive pokemon can be.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes raiiinmaker15

Username: JTwoo
PS! Username: JTwoo
Your timezone: GMT + 8
Usual Hours of Availability: 10-12pm weekdays , more flexible on weekends
Im hardstuck midladder 1400,used to play XY OU and quit the game after sun and moon, just cameback into a game, made myself a random team and played till 1400

Username: AkenoChan19
PS! Username: AkenoChan19
Your timezone: GMT+1
weekdays 17-00 and weekends i am generally always free

I have been playing Pokemon for a lot of years but I’ve been stopping from time to time. I know the fundamentals pretty well and I came back to showdown like two-three weeks ago to play gen9 ou. At first it was hard bc i hadnt played Scarlet nor Violet but now i am pretty well familiarised with the majority of mons. I played with 2 accounts and I got to 1500 recently with both of them but I want to improve the way I play and get to high ladder.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes! “
akenochan.”

Username: Secret Agent M
PS! Username: Starrachi
Your timezone: GMT+13
Usual Hours of Availability: Saturday and Sunday all day, and weekdays 7-10pm
Played competitively since Gen 4 when the physical/special split was implemented. Played casual OU in Gen 7 and then quit entirely in Gen 8 as I wasn't a fan of G-Max. Have played plenty of card games in between, getting Masters in Shadowverse, Eternal and Legends of Runeterra. In card games I can't deck build and that's the same with Pokemon, can't build a team to save my life. I am decent with predictions but have struggled to break 1400+ since coming back to the game. I would like to improve and reach 1700-1800 ideally getting to the top 500 leaderboard.
Yes starr3625

Username: trishulaa
PS! Username: trishulaa
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime
I've played off and on since gen7 and always stuck to OU or rand bats. Last time I really played was gen8 OU where i played about 270 games. I personally struggle with teambuilding and general playing in general I have trouble playing offensively and tend to just get chipped away and lose.
yes

Username: CornstarchII
PS! Username: cornstarchII
Your timezone:
PST
schedule can be a bit unpredictable, but usually I'm available from 6pm-10pm pst.
I've played a bit of showdown since sun and moon, but didn't really start to get into competitive until SV. I didn't really like SV much however, so I've mostly been playing old gens, but I decided maybe I just haven't give SV enough of chance, so I came here. I mostly struggle with team building and its the main thing I want to improve in.
Yes

Username: weirdo faye
PS! Username: weirdo faye
Signup Format: sv ou
Your timezone: sea/oce/sgt (gmt+8)
Usual Hours of Availability: evening time sea/oce time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i used to play ou a lot during gen7/sm. i was imo somewhat decent player back then and ive reached over 2k elo on the ou ladder before during olt period. i really like offense teams. ive not played the game in a long time and im thinking of returning.
yes i am

Username: Onlyl0v3
PS! Username: p0keg4ry
Your timezone: IST (GMT +5:30)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays - 6 pm to 2 am IST weekends - 1pm to 2am IST
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play mons back in Gen7 OU and hit around 1400s peak. I am returning to Gen9 OU and I am looking to learn more about the format and grow as a player

Username: A plague doc
PS! Username: aplaguedoc
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: 3pm-9pm on weekdays and 11am-9pm sunday, unfortunately not free at saturdays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing in gen 8, but only started playing seriously during gen 9. I played a lot of OU before sneasler got banned, but after that i went to play other tiers and i am coming back to an entirely different metagame now, i would appreciate help a lot. Thanks in advance!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, my username is itskai21

Nashrock

nothing to say and nothing to lose
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Username: Nashrock
PS! Username: Nashrock
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-11pm on weekdays (also thur/fri afternoons) and most time on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing other tiers for relatively about a year, but haven't played SV OU seriously enough for a while, so I'd like to have someone guide me with it. I started competitive mon back in BW but skipped ORAS to most of SS. My favorite playstyle is balance, and I want to get better in details and long-run games
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, as Nashrock

Last edited:
***This is a follow-up to my submission on Oct 26th, 2023***

Username: TonezofFun
PS! Username: T0nezOfFun
Usual Hours of Availability: saturday and sunday 7-10 PM
Got back into competitive after a long break since XY/ORAS. Have the team building down somewhat, but feel my play is hindering my experience. Have climbed to 1581 peak and would like tips on battling and team-building.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Username: Miyoko
PS! Username: Ad067
Your timezone: GMT +5.5
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually after 9:30 pm regularly
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am kinda average at ou. I can ladder upto 1650 but then my performance and elo gets worse and worse and also don't have any significant achievements in smogon ou tours. However I am 1v1 mainer. I am an active member of OU and 1v1 room and have played many team tours PLs and WCs and now I eagerly want to learn ou to my best and become a good ladderer as well as a tour player. As a result, I am applying for this.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes. It is miyokogaming

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Username: Xr kartana
PS! Username: Xr_kartana
Your timezone: +1
Usual Hours of Availability: 9am-11am or after 8pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played SV since dlc 1, I wanna improve my teambuilding. Im struggling to the 1400-1450 ladder, I choke everytime when the game is long, the playstyles I enjoy are Fats or BO, And i wanna join the WCOP
Nah, my parets won't , But can others sites

Forum Username: itzLapis
PS! Username: lapisvgc
Usual Hours of Availability: schedule varies due to sports
Been watching competitive Pokemon since I was in kindergarten (11 years ago LOL). Started playing VGC in 2021, went to my first event in 2022. Played in 2 events, as well as a event hosted by WolfeyVGC, and I was the first to beat him there. Was forced to quit VGC for reasons I wont get into rn. Now I want to learn how to play singles after seeing how cool of a community it is. My goal is to eventually play for the Italy National Team in the WCoP, but right now I just need to learn how singles works. Been grinding ranbats for the past 5 months, and ready to make steps into playing OU, and eventually playing tournaments. I also want to learn more about the Singles community and tournament "ecosystem."
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, my discord is lapiscosta

Last edited:
Username: ademalawer
PS! Username: ademalawerr / adabtapility
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 5PM - 11PM (Except for Mondays and Fridays, from 8PM - 12AM), weekends 12PM - 2AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Playing mons for fun for a year or so now. Been playing lots of smaller ladders and been pretty active in Ubers playing high ladder consistently, dabbled in UU as well for a week or so but now I want to get back into OU as I feel thats where the most competition is, and lasted I played was a few months ago (beginning of DLC2) and peaked 1800s. Have limited tour experience, but the tour experience I do have is versus pretty good players. So goals are to peak OU ladder, and get more into OU tour play.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, my Discord is same as my Smogon user

Last edited:

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username: mimikyumom
PS! Username: lilaxlose
Usual Hours of Availability:Weekdays (8:30 - 10 PM) Weekends (7:30 - 9 PM)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have started competitive pokemon around 2017-2018 after being a long-time casual player. My main format was SM Monotype and peaked at 1474 with over 200 games. I have also played SM OU with over 300 games but I was not very good. I recently decided to start playing SV OU after reading teambuilding and other relevant threads on Smogon. I would like to gain a better insight into this format to get better and I think a mentor is a way to do that. One of the challenges I face is not knowing which pokemon to use on a free turn and playing reactively instead of thinking more about my decisions. My goal is to learn more about team synergy, build better cores and understand how to play into checks and counters.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes!

Username: Fintastic15
PS! Username: Fintastic15
Usual Hours of Availability: I’m available during the evenings after 5 pm EST
I’ve been playing Pokemon since I was in kindergarten and my first official competitive debut started in 2022 in Sword/Shield. Since then, I’ve been playing SWSH OU and SV OU and Doubles here and there but I mostly play VGC doubles on my switch. I am still very rusty and I want to learn the basics of team building and understand the meta game. I’m also eager to learn more about other formats as well and get better and open to receiving any feedback regarding my current team or play style. I’m really looking for to this opportunity to learn, grow and improve

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)