Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SV Doubles OU

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Doubles OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Signup Format: SV DOU
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: B-dot35
PS! Username: B-Dot3113
Signup Format: SV Doubles OU
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: very flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started playing ranked in November and got to Ultra Ball Tier after really hard work. I understand breading and ivs, and evs but I really don’t know how to build a team, build strategy’s, or keep up with the meta. But I am really determined
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Akeras

We've got to get in to get out
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Username: Akeras
PS! Username: Akeras
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekend afternoons, after 7pm during the week, may vary during week afternoons
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Playing 1v1 for many times, reaching top ladd and playing 1v1 PLs. Played some 6v6 on discord PLs, and some oms. Took a break recently so i lost some level. I know evs ivs and stuff like that.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Kin+ak (✧∇✧)

I COULD BE BANNED!
Username: Kin+ak (✧∇✧)
PS! Username: Kin+ak (✧∇✧)
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: From 4pm to 10 pm monday And thursday, not 7:30-8:30 pm as Im eating/having family time(everyday) tuesday: 6-10 pm, friday: 2-8pm, Then 9-11 pm, free saturday All day Except 12pm-4pm, free All of sunday.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started PS! 2 Years ago, have some experience of ladder, been to #2 of natdex doubles, but definetely need in-battle skills
Are you able to use Discord?: No, due to region. That can change during the next few months as I may get a VPN, but can go for QQ music chat, Snapchat (AFAIK) or just smogon discussions.

Username: pws117
PS! Username: pws117
Your timezone: GMT+8
Usual Hours of Availability: Saturday or Sunday, 8-9:30 p.m. or I tell you later
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I love Pokèmon, and a Pokédex with Pokèmon moves included. But I am SO BAD at battling techniques. Like seriously. That’s why I want to sign up.
Are you able to use Discord?: Sadly, no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)