Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO RU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SUMO RU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Skype, Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped previously in 2016. Link your sign-up post from last year by going to the B101 Archive located in Thread Cryonics underneath Closed Forums.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be deleted. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.

• NEW: You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
Any iteration of Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU/DOU/LC from any of the current or past generations.
Any iteration of Battle Spot / VGC formats.

Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
example said:
Username: plus
PS! Username: youngme7o
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2007 and decided to join Smogon to get better. Since then, I've played in tournaments like WCOP 2009 and SPL 1 way back in the day. Admittedly I've had less time to burn on Pokemon since then, but I still have fair knowledge in OU / UU / NU for all generations from DPP onwards.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:
  • You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited:
assigned to TraceofLife

Username
:megabackingengar
PO/PS! Username:megabackingengar
Your timezone:GMT +6.30
Usual Hours of Availability:Anytime except 9-12 am and 6-8 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I usually play sumo ou but i often read articles about older gens and can play them somewhat as well. I have little patience and is somewhat shy so can't really ladder n stuff. Sumo ru seems fun to me and i'd like to have a stable tier for me to plau
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Omicron

Username: Colonel M
PO/PS! Username: ColonelM
Your timezone: GMT -4
Afternoons, evenings, and nights
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I once used Kartana stall. It was lit. RU seems fun to learn though and I would like to diversify my tier reach.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: I have read the terms and agreements to this.

Assigned to Rider

Username
: x TwirlyPanda x
PO/PS! Username: x TwirlyPanda x
Your timezone: UTC−04:00
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: 3:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.; Weekends: 11:00 a.m.-11:00p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Pokémon player since 2007. Never played competitively on cartridge but play around 12 hours on Showdown! a week. I consider myself to be pretty good in basic knowledge of competitive play but am not as good at executing plans. I am mostly looking for a way to learn how to become a better team builder and think more about cores, checks, counters, and compliments.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Have both but prefer Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Sí señor

Username: Lavender Town
PO/PS! Username: Lavender Lined
Your timezone: Gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekday mornings, super flexible on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I mainly play VGC fairly regularly since 2016 and I lurk on smogon from time to time and want to check out a singles tier. The RU meta seems interesting and I want to become well versed in singles play. I've played a few ladder matches with samples.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to Arifeen

Username
: rainofhatred
PO/PS! Username: rainofhatred
Your timezone: gmt + 8
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime for the next month or so
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): introduced to competitve pokemon by a friend i met over another game, ive played mainly ou
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord

Assigned to Ajna

Username
: xEpicc
PO/PS! Username: adjustments or A1 Phoenix
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: after school around 4:30pm Weekends: Whenever really
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive for almost a year and a half now but have only been focusing on OU, UU and Monotype. I would love to expand my knowledge into other tiers. I'd like to start to teach others once I learn everything myself!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to TraceofLife

Username
: Heliodor
PO/PS! Username: Heliodor
Your timezone: GMT +7
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays - After 10 pm ; Saturday - Noon and after 10 pm ; Sunday - Anytime but not extreme midnight
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ive played DOU mainly for last few months. I dont really know about singles metagame. Ive tried to getting reqs for hera susp with some stealed teams but failed. RU seems interesting and i want to expand my tier knowledge.

assigned to esche

Username: Holy Break
PO/PS! Username: Holy Break
Your timezone: Gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday i am pretty flexible this month.
I joined Ps 2 years ago back in oras but played only oras ou and oras ubers then sm came out and i focused on ubers negliging lower tiers now that i am interested in Ru i d like to learn it.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?
Yea

Username: Chara Undernet
PO/PS! Username: Chara Undernet
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: I should be available all the month
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've started to play seriously in competitive since mid-ORAS. I have some experience in OU/Uber and would like being able to perform as well in lower tiers. My level is somewhat changing, as I'm able to understand well how to play a game, but I'm really proeminent to choking.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes both, but pref Discord

Assigned to Rakan

Username
: Hys
PO/PS! Username: xHys
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings and nights
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've played some competitive Monotype in the past, as well as topping Monotype ladder. Looking to learn some other tiers outside of Mono, starting with Ru. Looking forward to learning the tier in a more in-depth sense considering I can only build balance teams effectively at the moment.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord preferred.

assigned to TraceofLife

Username
: dogknees
PO/PS! Username: dogknees
Your timezone: gmt+10
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime Friday - Sunday, shaky on Monday - Thursday but could figure something out
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing comp Pokemon for about a year now, been tutored already in battle spot and ou. Looking to expand a bit on my tier knowledge, as while I'm not the worst player I'm not the best either. More of a chill player than a super competitive one

LilyAC

encore encore encore
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
assigned to esche

Username
: LilyAC
PO/PS! Username: LilyAC
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings pretty much every day, sometimes earlier on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing LC for about 2 months now. I haven't done anything outside of the ladder, so I'm not great. I've never played RU and want to try something new.

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
assigned to Trace

Username: PTF
PO/PS! Username: PTF
Your timezone: Sydney time.
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm - 10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Played PU competitively for four years. Was a room voice also but was stepped down because of inactivity from real life stuff.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Ov3r Ac3
PO/PS! Username: Ov3r Mac3
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm- 8pm on weekdays, anytime except between 11am-5pm on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to play ORAS NU and ORAS UU, but after SM came out I got more and more bored of UU so I decided to play RU for a bit, which I've been playing ever since. I've been playing RU for about 6 months now and I like to think I'm pretty good with stall. I'm horrible at playing and building balance/offense which is why I would like to be tutored.

assigned to teachable

Username: Heldinho
PO/PS! Username:Heldin020
Your timezone:GMT - 3 (Brazilian Time)
Usual Hours of Availability: 1pm - 4pm in Weekends on and 8pm -10 PM on Mondays
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I've started to play seriously in competitive since mid-ORAS. I have some experience in OU/Uber and would like being able to perform as well in lower tiers. My level is somewhat changing, as I'm able to understand well how to play a game, but I'm really proeminent to choking.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord;but i dont speak English
Do you understand how the blacklist works?Yes

roman

Banned deucer.
assigned to teachable

Username: roman
PO/PS! Username: roman
Your timezone: -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 930 pm or later weekdays and during daytime weekend. can usually make other times work depending on schedule but this is easiest and most consistent
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started fooling around w pokemon late 2016 and really started playing seriously summer 2017. i've been playing since sharpedo suspect and want to learn how to successfully teambuild and brush up on a couple other things.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: roman#4216

assigned to teachable

Username: iRebel
PO/PS! Username: love chants
Your timezone: GMT-5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've quit mons for a couple months, but I tried RU and it seems very fun. Uh there's not much else to say. Im extremely boring.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord af

assigned to King Wynaut

Username: GustavoYAY
PO/PS! Username: gustavoyay/yaytails
Your timezone: gmt -3
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday on the week after 5pm and most times in the weekend.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I got back to playing mons competitively in january, although I play since 2016 and I like a lot the metagame in RU (started playing it right before Durant suspect), can consider it my "main tier" and all. However, I've learned some things on the metagame and I'm trying to participate in the community, although i'm a bit confuse on where to improve right now, since I have problems especially with teambuilding.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yay#3028
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Definitely.

cielbakasan

Banned deucer.
Username: cielbakasan
PO/PS! Username: ciel est le futur
Your timezone: gmt+2
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday after 3 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences) I play pokemon since last year, I am a player smou, I know how to play can almost everything I made several teamtour, I play several times in ru and I wish to improve in this tier
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yeah i used discord,ciel#2247
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

Username: Creepshow
PO/PS! Username: bikini surface
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: everyday at any hour.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences)
i started playing a few weeks ago and i mostly play stall. i enjoy playing low tiers and old gens but i really lack of teambuilding experience more than mental skills to win a game.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: im able to use both but i prefer Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes.

Username: Ilesaural
PO/PS! Username: Ilesaural / Thalia Garrido
Your timezone: GMT +2
Monday/Thursday: 3 PM / 5 PM - 9 PM 11 PM
Tuesday: 9 PM / 11 PM
Wednesday: 4 PM / 5 PM
Friday: 3 PM / 5 PM
Saturday: 7 PM / 2 AM
Sunday: 10 AM / 10 PM (Sunday may change)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing for 1 1/2 year and I arrived far in ost played a lot of team tours in smogon and in the spanish community, and played ORAS RU with a good level, now I wanna come back to RU because I like it. I have experience in the tier but I wanna improve more.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I'll prefer Discord (Ilesaural #6111) but skype works too.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Username: fanyfan
PO/PS! Username: Fanyfan / 42 chicken nuggets
Your timezone: est
Usual Hours of Availability: 8pm to 12am and 2:30pm to 3:00 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I’ve played competitive mons for a few years and I’ve always struggled to be good. Ru has always been one of my favorite tiers since oras and I would love to be tutored in it. I also hope the knowledge I gain here can be applied to other tiers as well since I enjoy playing a variety of tiers.

assigned to roman

assigned to Feliburn

Username: shadowquinn
PO/PS! Username: squinn
Your timezone: gmt+2
i can do gmt-6 noon and evening
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences) i have ubers experience
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yeah

Username:Crossface
PO/PS! Username:Crossface
Your timezone:gmt-3
all days from 4 pm to 8 pm,on thursdays im not available
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing occasionally 3 years ago, now I want to learn to improve competitively
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:I cannot use any since i dont have a microphone,but I can chat in discord if necessary
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)